The Mansion Restaurant at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
2821 Turtle Creek Blvd
Dallas, TX 75219Neighborhood:
Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
The Mansion Restaurant at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mansiononturtlecreek.com/
- Phone: 2144434747x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast – Mon. – Fri.: 6:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., Sat. & Sun.: 7 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Lunch – Mon. – Fri.: 11:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Brunch - Sat. - Sun.: 11:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Dinner – Mon. – Th.: 6 p.m. – 10 p.m., Fri. & Sat.: 6 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
Sun.:6 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bruno Davaillon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek offers a wide variety of catering options including catering in the privacy of your home or business. Featuring Contemporary American cuisine, the Mansion can cater to the guest's personal needs. We cater parties for 10 to 1,000 guests.
- Private Party Facilities: From the most intimate to the most grand, the Mansion’s nine private dining rooms suit an array of occasions. The rooms present the ultimate in residential beauty complemented with contemporary cuisine with French influences.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Shytles 8669455971
- Entertainment: Entertainment in the Mansion Bar:
Thursday: 8PM to 11PM
Friday and Saturday: 9PM to 1AM
A word from The Mansion Restaurant at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
Chef Bruno Davaillon redefines luxury with his approachable, worldly and intensely flavorful haute Texas cuisine at the Mansion Restaurant, the most celebrated restaurant in Texas. From seafood to steaks to great wine, the Mansion is an icon to locals and visitors alike.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Mansion Restaurant at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek - Best Restaurants in Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn ›
The Mansion Restaurant at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (108)romantic (82)fit for foodies (65)notable wine list (57)great for brunch (43)great for outdoor dining (33)scenic view (30)great for lunch (25)neighborhood gem (24)good for groups (13)late-night find (12)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Breakfast is the bestthe4rojosVIPDined on 8/30/2014I do not like dinner here, as the food is exciting, but not tasty. However, the breakfast does not disappoint. We have had it twice and love the french toast and waffles. Also, they have nice crispy hashbrowns. The staff is always kind at this hotel and restaurant. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Monday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014Had a great time at the Mansion Ray was our waiter and was great. Can't wait to returnSpecial Features:
- Good, but not what I expectedHobsterDined on 8/24/2014Food was very good, but the succotash seemed like an afterthought instead of a complement for the pork ribs. The atmosphere was surprising. While the rooms were elegant, the wait staff was dressed in simple black pants and shirts. No tuxes. No real formality. No maître d was in sight. The background music was classic rock and seemed more appropriate for Chili's than the Mansion. Still, we enjoyed the dinner and want to go back and try a brunch sometime. Be advised that while the address is on Turtle Creek, the entrance to the hotel and restaurant are on Gillespie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leave room for desserts2sanDined on 8/22/2014Everything was excellent, but the dessert was the best. Loved the verbena ice cream.Special Features:
- Delicious Food and Classic AmbienceredjugDined on 8/22/2014After getting to move to a table away from the entrance, we enjoyed a lovely pre-theatre dinner. With a drink and a glass of wine, we started with 2 appetizers - the salmon was beautifully prepared in small "chunks" with heirloom tomatoes, roe and homemade horseradish circle in the middle and the grilled watermelon was surprisingly very tasty. My branzino was prepared in small pieces on a bed of snap peas, and fennel in a wonderful, saffron infused broth, which the chunk of crusty bread did diligence with. My husband enjoyed his tender pork short ribs. No knife needed for these. You can't go wrong with either lovely dessert. But the most unusual taste had to be the lemon verbena ice cream on the plate with the corn panna cotta.Special Features:
- The Perfect Party experienceTxBrewIDoDined on 8/21/2014We had a special birthday party for my friend who had her parents and syblings together in the same city for over a decade. They all loved the experience, from the wonderful food to the secluded but inviting dining table by the server station area. The lighting was beautiful and funky music was surprising but enjoyable. The staff was thoughtful & attentive. It was also restaurant week and was surprised at how much food we got for the special price of $45 pp. WHAT A DEAL! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceFordDined on 8/20/2014Our waiter Ezekiel was great and had very good recommendations. Food was good but not great. We apparently went during restaurant week and I was wanting to order off the regular tasting menu which wasn't an option. We did get the 68 degree egg and the squash blossom apps which were very good. The restaurant week menu was decent but nothing to go back for. I am going to go back when the regular tasting menu is available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerMLH1DallasVIPDined on 8/20/2014As we knew it would be- Dinner at the Mansion was just wonderful. We did not expect any less and it did not disappoint. We did choose to do the Restaurant Week menu, but it was just perfect. Both of our apps were good. Presentation was stellar. Of our two entrees. I won the best entree prize with the Pork Short Ribs. So tender and succulent, perched atop a great black eye pea and corn succotash. My friend enjoyed her fish dished was but so jealous of my entree. For any special occasion or a reason to treat yourself. The Mansion never disappoints. New uniforms are more casual but does not take away from the top notch service or presentation.Special Features:
- Great service bad table locationblueshound69Dined on 8/19/2014we were seated at a table that made us feel like you were at a busy intersection. Guests, staff, you name it were constantly buzzing buy the whole time. i felt like a traffic pylon during dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful NightEngteachDined on 8/19/2014Absolutely excellent service from the valet, to the gentleman who seated our party, to the gentleman serving bread, to the waiter - all very special. The food was heavenly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mansion - way over valuedRinkratDined on 8/17/2014The service was way too fast - it seemed that the objective was to get us out in 20 minutes, even after we asked them to slow down. As a result we managed to stretch our dinner to 75 minutes, by sending our entrees back. The meal was not prepared as requested, which the wait staff readily admitted and to solve the problem, the steaks were put under the heat lamps for 30 minutes. This was a very disappointing experience.
- madel8Dined on 8/17/2014romantic ambience. the food and service were both spot-on.Special Features:
- Absolutely superbgcrfoodieDined on 8/17/2014A group of 12 attended for restaurant week Sunday evening. We first gathered in their cozy bar for cocktails (great bartenders). Then to the Garden Dining room. Service, atmosphere, and food was on point. Must note regular pricing is easily $100 a plate, so RR week set $45 price was a bargain. This would only be a special occasion re-visit for me. Except for the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best brunchfoodieatheartDined on 8/17/2014I had wanted to take my mom to the mansion for years for her birthday, and finally got the chance with travelzoo's brunch for two coupon. All I can say is it was the best brunch I have ever had! Everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite dining spot!DoctorCDined on 8/16/2014We celebrated our anniversary at The Mansion, and I can't say enough good things about the service, the staff, the location, the ambiance, and the food! 5 stars all the way!Special Features:
- The Mansion - Outstanding AgainBruinDined on 8/16/2014The food was outstanding. Our wait staff was impeccable and always anticipating our next need. The entree was prepared perfectly. Would recommend the Mansion for all occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Evening for some foodiesTrainman01Dined on 8/15/2014My wife and I have wanted to dine at the Mansion for years and it didn't disappoint. We took our two grown children for a family celebration. Our server was excellent and gave great guidance on the menu. The kitchen was very accommodating and split appetizers that we shared without us asking. The food was delicious and the presentation impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekbk000Dined on 8/15/2014Dear Mansion, I know it's a restaurant week menu but you're still going head to head with Abacus, Papa's, Nick & Sam's, Al Biernats, Eddie V's, Del Friscos, etc. and their "restaurant week" menu selections were much better. We cram in 6 or 7 restaurants during the two weeks of the North Dallas Food Bank Restaurant week(s) so it ends up being a back to back foodie comparison of the restaurants. The Mansion needs to step up its game. Oh, and the wine prices are some of the highest in Dallas. You can go down the street and save a bundle only paying 3x the retail price at a competing restaurant. I don't mind paying a mark up for the service and experience but I think you're hitting that upper limit.Special Features:
- The Mansion RestaurantExecHrgDined on 8/15/2014Beautifully presented food with cordial service and a great sommelier to help wade through the extensive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Amazing!!PottressVIPDined on 8/14/20144 of us decided to take the Restaurant Week plunge and drive over to The Mansion from Fort Worth..... it was well worth the effort. We all enjoyed our 3 courses and the fact that we were supporting the Food Back to boot! The courses were so creative and full of flavor and interesting textures -- an adventure for the palete! And as a special treat, there were many bottles of wine at extremely reasonable prices! We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014It was a wonderful experience to enjoy an extra special dinning.Special Features:
- Can't Really Find the WordsTPaneDined on 8/12/2014Eh. Not so much. Been there done that now. Prolly won't do it again.
- ServiceELMARDined on 8/12/2014The meal was outstanding. The presentation and quality was flawless. The service was not satisfactory. We were told that a requested table was "reserved" and not available to us. We were the first quests in any of the 4 dining rooms and were shown other options. When we hesitated, the manager came to us and told us the requested table was indeed available. After that we felt blacklisted. The other diners were showered with service, while our waiter was oddly absent. We received a menu, but only after all other diners were preparing to eat their 1st course. My date and I were elegantly dressed for this special 86th birthday dinner. Our appearance was impeccable. The car valet staff was outstanding. Too bad the wait staff was not.Special Features:
- Resturant WeekPrairiedogDined on 8/11/2014Wonderful food! Beautiful location! Service OK. Exclusive for those that think it is important.
- Another Fantastic ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/11/2014Bruno never ceases to amaze. We decided to skip the restaurant week menu and opt in on the regular one. Love the wine we chose and the fantastic service. Keep it up!Special Features:
- Less than expectedDallasDavDined on 8/9/2014We hadn't been to the Mansion restaurant in some time; maybe 5 years. The previous visit wasn't great and we hadn't been hearing great things from friends. We still wanted to give it a go. It was not what one would expect from this caliber of restaurant. The wait staff wasn't perceptive of customer needs and while courteous, they seemed to avoid eye contact in case they were interrupted by a possible customer need. There was far too long a wait for dessert and the check. The food wasn't spectacular; there are at least 2 dozen better restaurants in Dallas that are not as costly. The ambiance was better before it was redecorated; not a fan of the decor and seating with music that was loud and annoying. I wouldn't recommend it to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Got the Branzino - The fish was great, however the spice in it was overpowering and made the peas unedible. Also, the "seared Foie Gras" appetizer was not seared at all. It tasted lik it just got out of a can. Very dissapointing!
- Royal ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014There is a reason that this place is rated so high. From the moment you walk into this hotel (we stayed overnight) you are treated like royalty. The restaurant is in an old mansion and it is beautiful. We were sat in the old library by a hidden door (so neat). Be sure to ask the history of the place if that interests you. The food was delicious and the service impeccable. We had dinner and breakfast here and both meals were great. The bar (which you walk thru to get into the restaurant) is also lovely. We were there Thursday night and they had a wonderful jazz band. The drinks were delicious. We even sent for another when we got to our room! This place is a superb place to come and be pampered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 7/27/2014The Mansion is practically flawless - food, service, ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlippingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2014I am a regular at The Mansion, but will have to rethink this. When I pay these prices I expect a sublime experience. The server provided that. The food mostly did. But why does this place except sloppy looking people in dirty jeans and flip flops. Bring back a minimal dress code.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Sunday BrunchMizJanieVIPDined on 7/20/2014Having asked for a table in the Veranda with a view of the lawns and the creek, my friend and I joined Michael, a new face at The Mansion for an early afternoon brunch. His service level was just right, not too fawning, but attentive in case we needed anything. Our food was outstanding and so was the service. The terrace was populated with enough interesting people to keep us watching while we enjoyed our brunch. She opted for the fish and chips, with the potatoes soaked in duck fat for 24 hours, which she said was wonderful. I had the salmon, medium rare and it too was wonderful. The highlight of the meal for me was the cold curried crab salad on bib lettuce with a perfectly chilled flute of Moet.
- Great AtmosphereGregDined on 7/18/2014We really enjoyed our entire dining experience at The Mansion. We had a special guest in from out of town and wanted a special dining experience...we got it!Special Features:
- A place to always dine.diningbestDined on 7/18/2014My wife and I can't say enough about food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Special DinnerKELDOVIPDined on 7/18/2014We recently got to indulge in a special tasting menu when Bruno Davaillon teamed up with a special guest chef from France, Chris Hache. The courses consisted of an eclectic blend of seafood, beef and vegetables, all of which were extremely creative and brilliantly executed. The Sommelier also helped us select a delicious bottle of Pinot Noir from Gary's Vineyard, Santa Lucia. The hard working wait staff was professional and attentive, and Ryan, with his cool, calm demeanor, always manages to please. We love dining at the Mansion restaurant and then enjoying the rest of the evening either on the outdoor patio or in the Bar where there's always great drinks, live music and interesting people watching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnermikee8120Dined on 7/14/2014We chose the Mansion for our third anniversary and we had the tasting menu. Overall the food was good but not great. we were expecting to be blown away due to the pricing but the food just didn't meet our expectations. We will go back and eat of the menu but probably will not do a tasting againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedDisappointedDined on 7/11/2014I was disappointed in the food. The best part was the delicious rolls. Everything was overpriced. It is very hard to find the Mansion since it has an address on Turtle Creek but you can't get to it unless you turn on a side street. It was very confusing. Very overrated.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014There are so many great places to eat in Dallas and this restaurant is one of the very best. Everything was wonderful and the service was amazing. The valet, hostess, and wait staf were all so sincerely kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Mansion Still has itGreatfoodVIPDined on 6/28/2014Still living up to its reputation, the perfect spot any time if day and any day of the year. The Mansion has it allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th BirthdayScottDined on 6/22/2014My wife and I recently returned to the Mansion for a brunch celebration of my 50th birthday. We were, as in the past, very pleased with everything about our visit. We always enjoy the spicy and fresh Bloody Mary's to start a brunch while dining at the Mansion. It just gets better from there, the steak and eggs with the waygu beef is scrumptious. The eggs Benedict with the smoked beef is also a favorite. The staff is so friendly and experts at their jobs we can't wait to return! We really enjoy the patio room and hope to try the patio when the weather is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Qualityhtloves2eatDined on 6/21/2014It is refreshing to dine in a restaurant that pulls it all together: elegant setting, attentive nonintrusive waitstaff, respect for the ingredients so that harmony on the plate is enhanced by well presented plating, and reasonable pricing for a fine dining experience. One bobble in service was immediately corrected and provided a few chuckles later in the evening. Would return for the sweetbreads alone (and a glass of Malbec)Special Features: