The Mansion Restaurant at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
2821 Turtle Creek Blvd
Dallas, TX 75219Neighborhood:
Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
The Mansion Restaurant at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mansiononturtlecreek.com/
- Phone: (214) 443-4747
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast – Mon. – Fri.: 6:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., Sat. & Sun.: 7 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Lunch – Mon. – Fri.: 11:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Brunch - Sat. - Sun.: 11:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Dinner – Mon. – Th.: 6 p.m. – 10 p.m., Fri. & Sat.: 6 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
Sun.:6 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bruno Davaillon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek offers a wide variety of catering options including catering in the privacy of your home or business. Featuring Contemporary American cuisine, the Mansion can cater to the guest's personal needs. We cater parties for 10 to 1,000 guests.
- Private Party Facilities: From the most intimate to the most grand, the Mansion’s nine private dining rooms suit an array of occasions. The rooms present the ultimate in residential beauty complemented with contemporary cuisine with French influences.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Shytles 8669455971
- Entertainment: Entertainment in the Mansion Bar:
Thursday: 8PM to 11PM
Friday and Saturday: 9PM to 1AM
A word from The Mansion Restaurant at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
Chef Bruno Davaillon redefines luxury with his approachable, worldly and intensely flavorful haute Texas cuisine at the Mansion Restaurant, the most celebrated restaurant in Texas. From seafood to steaks to great wine, the Mansion is an icon to locals and visitors alike.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Mansion Restaurant at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek - Best Restaurants in Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn ›
The Mansion Restaurant at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (118)romantic (88)fit for foodies (75)notable wine list (62)great for brunch (48)neighborhood gem (39)great for outdoor dining (37)scenic view (33)great for lunch (31)good for groups (29)vibrant bar scene (29)hot spot (23)kid-friendly (20)late-night find (19)Show More
- Lovely place but priceyRiley2823VIPDined on 11/22/2014My sister and I had brunch here and we enjoyed the food, the ambience, the setting, the service. The salmon was delicious and perfectly cooked, we both had different kind of soup (butternut squash and chicken tortilla) and both were very good. The dessert bar was wonderful with a terrific mix of items. Brunch is $50 per person but we knew it was going to be more costly before we went. Just not sure I'd spend that kind of money for brunch again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Mansion still shinesHauteCuisineVIPDined on 11/15/2014My wife and I joined another couple and we each tried one of the different tasting menu options. The carnivore and the sea food tasting menus were lovely as well as gourmande and white truffle choices. The food was presented so that it was pleasing to the eye and lovely on the palate. my only minor complaint was that the service was a little rushed with the maître d' commenting that we need to hurry to get our order in so that we may enjoy the tasting menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's birthdayTdotso01Dined on 11/15/2014Service was excellent but not impressed with food The prime rib was average at best and the potatoes served with meal very greasy. Expected more for the price. The cheesecake was too foo foo for me. It was too sweet and in no way reminded me of cheesecake it was more like candy. Wanted to treat my wife to special night for her sixty bday but she wasn't impressed
- My wife's birthdayWillDined on 11/13/2014She wanted something new and delicious. We were very pleased. I loved all my choices. The Foie Gras and then the Pheasant were delicious and the Cheesecake ball was a wonderful dessert. My wife was a little disappointed with her Ribeye, but its not really her choice cut of meat, I thought it was delicious, I could almost taste the grass the cow had been eating. Talk about feeling close to the farm. I would order it myself. She loved her dessert, the Hazelnut cake with Mandarin Sorbet. The bread selection was wonderful as well. Im on the Paleo diet, so I cheat on bread in VERY few restaurants, but the onion roll and mini baguette with the soft whipped butter was definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIFIFIFIVIPDined on 11/9/2014Brunch was perfect on the patio; food was excellent, as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a treat!goodfoodgoodfunDined on 11/9/2014We were visiting a dear friend in Dallas and The Mansion was the perfect place for a little reunion! The staff was so accommodating, even to my 7 year old. He would say that the dessert buffet was the best part of the day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FindwyoglitzygirlDined on 11/7/2014I was in town for a conference and had always wanted to experience the Mansion. From the greeting upon arrival through dessert, hospitality and service was flawless and impeccable. Loved the experience and will return the next time I have the opportunity to travel to Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exemplary dining experienceDallas2014Dined on 11/7/2014We enjoyed a glass of Spanish Cava to open our meal with an aire of celebration. The atmosphere was perfect for a special dinner after a long week of business in Dallas. Each course beautifully prepared and presented. The Oxtail appetizer just prefect. The cabernet served with lamb - out of this world as paired. The final course, dessert, a beautiful red capsule with cheesecake, margaritas sorbet and graham cracker crust. We wish we had Brian for every meal we enjoy out - his service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014Great breakfast. Super setting, great service, wonderful food!Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningPhisinphoolVIPDined on 10/31/2014My girlfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at the Mansion. The food was excellent, the wine list quite impressive, the dessert outstanding, the service impeccable.. The only item of note to the downside, when it's chilly outside, try to get a table away from the door to the patio. The draft can be distracting.Special Features:
- Nice place weak foodNYCtoTXDined on 10/27/2014My wife and I came for our anniversary. The service and and all the auxillary items you would expect were good; however the food was pretty average. Considering we spent $360 on two tasting menus and a couple drinks, I was pretty let down by the quality of food- both freshness and taste were pretty underwhelming.
- High mark up on winesQuadJVIPDined on 10/25/2014Bottle that sells in stores and on line for $28.00 goes for $93.00 here and at $59.00 for the ribeye which frankly was just OK. Expected the quality of the food to be much higher.Special Features:
- DisappointedblbmdDined on 10/25/2014This was our first visit back to the Mansion since Fearing left. We were extremely excited to have our anniversary dinner here after reading all of the press in regards to the new dining experience under Bruno. From the start, our experience was a let-down. First, we were shuttled through the dimly-lit dining room out to the veranda and seated by the door that leads to the patio. If one person went through the door that night, fifty did. People brought their screaming children with them to dinner. Not okay. The wine selection was good, but overpriced. Way overpriced. A bottle that we routinely pay $45 for was priced at $185. The food was just okay. Nothing memorable, nothing that made me say, "I want to come back and eat that again."
- Nu2DallasVIPDined on 10/25/2014We had a fantastic breakfast and Jorge was so polite! Thank you for your warm welcome.Special Features:
- OutstandingRedRaiderVIPDined on 10/22/2014Celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary (we celebrated our 10th here as well). Remarkable quality and consistency over time. Our waiter was Ray who is the captain and has been there over 16 years. He was a professional through and through and really added a nice personal touch through his style, knowledge and sense of humor. The food was unbelievable as we did the tasting menu for aquatic and the meat oriented one. Very delicious and the best dining we've had all year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lrobins52VIPDined on 10/20/2014I planned an important business dinner there for my husband. When I made the reservation for 14 ( told them it was fine to divide the group) it seemed to blow their minds. After we arrived, it took 30 minutes to get menus, and 90 minutes before main courses arrived. There was no one else in the place that I could see on a Monday night. The food was okay but trying way too hard to be "fancy" instead of just good. This is not The Mansion of the old days.
- Anniversary Brunch at the MansionJoAnnDined on 10/19/2014My husband and I celebrated our 26th Anniversary at the Masion for Sunday Brunch. We were greeted with Anniversary wishes by the hostesses and our waiters. Very Classy. There was a sweet card from the Mansion on our table. The food was by far the best we've had in Dallas. The service was impeccable. I believe we had 4 waiters serviing us. We truly enjoyed our dining experience and plan to visit again soon. Of course, we'll book through Open Table. Thank you for the wonderful service you offer.Special Features:
- The MansionASPEARDined on 10/18/2014Service was wonderful as always. The food was quite disappointing. Although my date enjoyed the scallops I was not impressed with my steak. Breads were good but the deserts were lackluster. I have recently enjoyed the food at Morton's, St. Martin's and Al Biernet's a great deal more. None of these should be in the same class as The Mansion. I wish I could give a better view. I have always loved The Mansion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentNu2DallasVIPDined on 10/16/2014Time and time again the Mansion knocks it out of the park! We are looking forward to the fall to see what Bruno will be cooking up. He and his team are the best! We love what you are doing!Special Features:
- SangNu2DallasVIPDined on 10/14/2014I love coming in because of the servers. They are so friendly! Sang took great care of me and made the meal even better with a good laugh.Special Features:
- StaffNu2DallasVIPDined on 10/14/2014The staff is amazing!!! Jimmy and Michael are fantastic. Love the new uniforms too! A lot less stuffy while still classy.Special Features:
- Nearly* perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014superb food, atmosphere. I choose this last Fri night for my boyfriend's BD; we sat on the beautiful veranda and both ordered the aquatic tasting and drinks. The only dim spot: the waiter*. He didn't introduce himself (they do that at Mac Grill), offer the wine /drink menu until requested, and gave little description of our different servings. When I asked apologetically to have the courses sped up (unexpected bad jet lag post London trip), he didn't facilitate our request. He did not earn his $50 tip (Although I still pd it)Special Features:
- Chef Bruno DisappointsGourmetgirlDined on 10/8/2014Service was excellent. We did not do the tasting menu but were served tasting menu portions. I started with the lobster salad ($32); lobster smelled fishy and was sopped in a tasty but over abundant pomegranate dressing. The dish consisted of 3 small remnants of thawed lobster. A popular appetizer at the Mansion bar are the "lobster beignets" which are nothing more than hush puppies speckled with the same measly lobster. Next course was the over cooked monk fish for $42. My friends had the ribeye and salmon; equally unimpressive in presentation, portion size and taste. In a city that has restaurants like Abacus and Stephen Pyles there is no reason to ever dine at the Mansion. However, the hotel remains the best in the city!
- BuickBuickDined on 10/7/2014THE best restaurant in Dallas with outstanding food and service. If you want to land that special new account, take them for dinner at The Mansions.Special Features:
- Hoped for MoreCraigDined on 10/6/2014I was really looking forward to this dining experience but, unfortunately, it fell way short of my expectations. We sat in an area that overlooked the patio and it was very nice with a great view of the patio and the city. The dining experience was good with great service but the food was well below my expectations except for the bread and French butter which I give a 10+. We had the Gourmand tasting menu with wine and I am afraid none of the 5 courses were exceptional as I had hoped and expected. On the plus side the wine pairings were nice!Special Features:
- CelebrationMarylouDined on 10/5/2014We chose The Mansion to celebrate my husband's birthday. Our server Michael introduced himself, and presented my husband with a birthday card signed by management at The Mansion Restaurant. That was the start to a lovely brunch where each course surpassed the previous. The foods were beautiful to the eye and the palate. We loved it!Special Features:
- Wonderfullove2eatDined on 10/5/2014We had Sunday Brunch at the restaurant for our 14th Anniversary. We were sat at a table next to the window overlooking the outdoor dining area, some of the gardens and a great view of Turtle Creek. The food and service were great and were the bottomless Mimosas!Special Features:
- Anniversary brunch was greatMojomichaelDined on 10/5/2014Very interesting flavor combination in the brisket Benedict. The apple bacon cakes were a taste explosion (will have to try making these now). The bacon bits in the biscuits and gravy were a welcome surprise. Even the blue corn muffins to start were fantastic. The weather cooperated, so we had a beautiful brunch on the patio surrounded by trees and the views of uptown high rises. One thing could have been better... since it was a Sunday morning, we had to share the patio with some visitors that may still have been keeping the party going from the prior night's wedding reception. What we had hoped would be a quiet romantic anniversary brunch was accompanied by pretty loud (and moderately slurred) conversations from the adjacent table.Special Features:
- Delicious in Every Wayfoodietravel77Dined on 10/3/2014We loved our dinner at The Mansion Restaurant. There were 3 of us, so we were able to try 3 different tasting menus (gourmand, aquatic, and foraged). Every course was thoughtful, presented well, and delicious. The risotto on the foraged menu was a standout, as well as the monkfish on the aquatic, and the 62 degree egg on the gourmand. We also had some great wine pairings throughout the meal. Overall an outstanding experience and we look forward to going back when we're in town again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a letdownRemyVIPDined on 9/29/2014We dined here some 15-20 years agao and it was a real foodie and great service experience. Not so much this time. Our food was good and what we expected from our choices from the menu, but the service, although ok, was just that...ok. We didn't feel pampered as we did many years ago and the service was irregular, quick for the salads, slow for the arrival of the entrees, and even slower for the dessert (which didn't need any preparation). It will not be revisited in 15-20 more years!
- DisappointedDisappointingDined on 9/21/2014Took a friend for his birthday expecting excellent food. What was served was passable for a mediocre restaurant. Over seasoned, fatty beef and the desserts were not special. This was sad as the environment is beautiful.
- Overpriced & standards slidingXplorerDined on 9/20/2014I expected far more. Dressed up thinking they had standards but noticed several with shorts & tee shirts in the waiting area. I didn't see any in the dining rooms so perhaps they are trying to cater to a more casual crowd in the bar area. Considering the food portions & selections they were over priced. Waiter forgot one of my side dishes. The background music did not seem to fit the ambience. At least I can say I ate there. With so many other new places in Dallas I can keep trying those. Might take a long time before I get back hereSpecial Features:
- Great for a special occasionDeniseVIPDined on 9/20/2014The locations, atmosphere and wine list a fabulous for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Pleasant AtmosphereHobsterDined on 9/20/2014I brought my 93-year-old mother for breakfast (we were too early for brunch). She loved sitting in the sun porch area. She talked about her fun breakfast at the Mansion all weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Dinner!AllyDined on 9/19/2014We had a wonderful dinner. We did the tasting menu which I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014I wanted to pick the nicest place Dallas had to offer as my mother wanted to treat us to a nice meal and I picked the Mansion. Ambiance and food were up to par but service was not. Waiter spoke such broken English I could not understand a word he said. Butter was not on the table when bread was handed out. We had to ask for it. Brunch price was $51. Depending on what starter and entree you chose, that meant your dessert might cost $15 or $20. No desert is worth that to me. Place was beautiful and I'm glad I went so I can say I saw it and also glad mom paid for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent staffDiningOutDined on 9/13/2014I proposed to my girlfriend here, and it could not have gone better- the staff, including the hostesses, waiter, and the sommelier were beyond excellent. The ambiance was great, and the food was even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 00OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/5/2014Overpriced for quality of food! Overpriced for quality of food' Overpriced for quality of food!
- Another amazing meal!!Nu2DallasVIPDined on 9/5/2014Chef Bruno is a genius! If you think that you know what good food is, get ready for something above and beyond.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Service was fair, wish they would've check on how the meal was. Overpriced for the portion of both appetizer and entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.