The Mansion Restaurant at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
2821 Turtle Creek Blvd
Dallas, TX 75219Neighborhood:
Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
The Mansion Restaurant at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mansiononturtlecreek.com/
- Phone: 2144434747x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast – Mon. – Fri.: 6:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., Sat. & Sun.: 7 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Lunch – Mon. – Fri.: 11:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Brunch - Sat. - Sun.: 11:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Dinner – Mon. – Th.: 6 p.m. – 10 p.m., Fri. & Sat.: 6 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
Sun.:6 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bruno Davaillon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek offers a wide variety of catering options including catering in the privacy of your home or business. Featuring Contemporary American cuisine, the Mansion can cater to the guest's personal needs. We cater parties for 10 to 1,000 guests.
- Private Party Facilities: From the most intimate to the most grand, the Mansion’s nine private dining rooms suit an array of occasions. The rooms present the ultimate in residential beauty complemented with contemporary cuisine with French influences.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Shytles 8669455971
- Entertainment: Entertainment in the Mansion Bar:
Thursday: 8PM to 11PM
Friday and Saturday: 9PM to 1AM
A word from The Mansion Restaurant at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
Chef Bruno Davaillon redefines luxury with his approachable, worldly and intensely flavorful haute Texas cuisine at the Mansion Restaurant, the most celebrated restaurant in Texas. From seafood to steaks to great wine, the Mansion is an icon to locals and visitors alike.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Mansion Restaurant at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek - Best Restaurants in Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn ›
The Mansion Restaurant at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (113)romantic (84)fit for foodies (69)notable wine list (55)great for brunch (45)great for outdoor dining (33)neighborhood gem (30)scenic view (29)great for lunch (28)good for groups (22)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (16)hot spot (15)kid-friendly (12)Show More
- lrobins52VIPDined on 10/20/2014I planned an important business dinner there for my husband. When I made the reservation for 14 ( told them it was fine to divide the group) it seemed to blow their minds. After we arrived, it took 30 minutes to get menus, and 90 minutes before main courses arrived. There was no one else in the place that I could see on a Monday night. The food was okay but trying way too hard to be "fancy" instead of just good. This is not The Mansion of the old days.
- Anniversary Brunch at the MansionJoAnnDined on 10/19/2014My husband and I celebrated our 26th Anniversary at the Masion for Sunday Brunch. We were greeted with Anniversary wishes by the hostesses and our waiters. Very Classy. There was a sweet card from the Mansion on our table. The food was by far the best we've had in Dallas. The service was impeccable. I believe we had 4 waiters serviing us. We truly enjoyed our dining experience and plan to visit again soon. Of course, we'll book through Open Table. Thank you for the wonderful service you offer.Special Features:
- The MansionASPEARDined on 10/18/2014Service was wonderful as always. The food was quite disappointing. Although my date enjoyed the scallops I was not impressed with my steak. Breads were good but the deserts were lackluster. I have recently enjoyed the food at Morton's, St. Martin's and Al Biernet's a great deal more. None of these should be in the same class as The Mansion. I wish I could give a better view. I have always loved The Mansion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentNu2DallasVIPDined on 10/16/2014Time and time again the Mansion knocks it out of the park! We are looking forward to the fall to see what Bruno will be cooking up. He and his team are the best! We love what you are doing!Special Features:
- SangNu2DallasVIPDined on 10/14/2014I love coming in because of the servers. They are so friendly! Sang took great care of me and made the meal even better with a good laugh.Special Features:
- StaffNu2DallasVIPDined on 10/14/2014The staff is amazing!!! Jimmy and Michael are fantastic. Love the new uniforms too! A lot less stuffy while still classy.Special Features:
- Nearly* perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014superb food, atmosphere. I choose this last Fri night for my boyfriend's BD; we sat on the beautiful veranda and both ordered the aquatic tasting and drinks. The only dim spot: the waiter*. He didn't introduce himself (they do that at Mac Grill), offer the wine /drink menu until requested, and gave little description of our different servings. When I asked apologetically to have the courses sped up (unexpected bad jet lag post London trip), he didn't facilitate our request. He did not earn his $50 tip (Although I still pd it)Special Features:
- Chef Bruno DisappointsGourmetgirlDined on 10/8/2014Service was excellent. We did not do the tasting menu but were served tasting menu portions. I started with the lobster salad ($32); lobster smelled fishy and was sopped in a tasty but over abundant pomegranate dressing. The dish consisted of 3 small remnants of thawed lobster. A popular appetizer at the Mansion bar are the "lobster beignets" which are nothing more than hush puppies speckled with the same measly lobster. Next course was the over cooked monk fish for $42. My friends had the ribeye and salmon; equally unimpressive in presentation, portion size and taste. In a city that has restaurants like Abacus and Stephen Pyles there is no reason to ever dine at the Mansion. However, the hotel remains the best in the city!
- BuickBuickDined on 10/7/2014THE best restaurant in Dallas with outstanding food and service. If you want to land that special new account, take them for dinner at The Mansions.Special Features:
- Hoped for MoreCraigDined on 10/6/2014I was really looking forward to this dining experience but, unfortunately, it fell way short of my expectations. We sat in an area that overlooked the patio and it was very nice with a great view of the patio and the city. The dining experience was good with great service but the food was well below my expectations except for the bread and French butter which I give a 10+. We had the Gourmand tasting menu with wine and I am afraid none of the 5 courses were exceptional as I had hoped and expected. On the plus side the wine pairings were nice!Special Features:
- CelebrationMarylouDined on 10/5/2014We chose The Mansion to celebrate my husband's birthday. Our server Michael introduced himself, and presented my husband with a birthday card signed by management at The Mansion Restaurant. That was the start to a lovely brunch where each course surpassed the previous. The foods were beautiful to the eye and the palate. We loved it!Special Features:
- Wonderfullove2eatDined on 10/5/2014We had Sunday Brunch at the restaurant for our 14th Anniversary. We were sat at a table next to the window overlooking the outdoor dining area, some of the gardens and a great view of Turtle Creek. The food and service were great and were the bottomless Mimosas!Special Features:
- Anniversary brunch was greatMojomichaelDined on 10/5/2014Very interesting flavor combination in the brisket Benedict. The apple bacon cakes were a taste explosion (will have to try making these now). The bacon bits in the biscuits and gravy were a welcome surprise. Even the blue corn muffins to start were fantastic. The weather cooperated, so we had a beautiful brunch on the patio surrounded by trees and the views of uptown high rises. One thing could have been better... since it was a Sunday morning, we had to share the patio with some visitors that may still have been keeping the party going from the prior night's wedding reception. What we had hoped would be a quiet romantic anniversary brunch was accompanied by pretty loud (and moderately slurred) conversations from the adjacent table.Special Features:
- Delicious in Every Wayfoodietravel77Dined on 10/3/2014We loved our dinner at The Mansion Restaurant. There were 3 of us, so we were able to try 3 different tasting menus (gourmand, aquatic, and foraged). Every course was thoughtful, presented well, and delicious. The risotto on the foraged menu was a standout, as well as the monkfish on the aquatic, and the 62 degree egg on the gourmand. We also had some great wine pairings throughout the meal. Overall an outstanding experience and we look forward to going back when we're in town again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a letdownRemyVIPDined on 9/29/2014We dined here some 15-20 years agao and it was a real foodie and great service experience. Not so much this time. Our food was good and what we expected from our choices from the menu, but the service, although ok, was just that...ok. We didn't feel pampered as we did many years ago and the service was irregular, quick for the salads, slow for the arrival of the entrees, and even slower for the dessert (which didn't need any preparation). It will not be revisited in 15-20 more years!
- DisappointedDisappointingDined on 9/21/2014Took a friend for his birthday expecting excellent food. What was served was passable for a mediocre restaurant. Over seasoned, fatty beef and the desserts were not special. This was sad as the environment is beautiful.
- Overpriced & standards slidingXplorerDined on 9/20/2014I expected far more. Dressed up thinking they had standards but noticed several with shorts & tee shirts in the waiting area. I didn't see any in the dining rooms so perhaps they are trying to cater to a more casual crowd in the bar area. Considering the food portions & selections they were over priced. Waiter forgot one of my side dishes. The background music did not seem to fit the ambience. At least I can say I ate there. With so many other new places in Dallas I can keep trying those. Might take a long time before I get back hereSpecial Features:
- Great for a special occasionDeniseVIPDined on 9/20/2014The locations, atmosphere and wine list a fabulous for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Pleasant AtmosphereHobsterDined on 9/20/2014I brought my 93-year-old mother for breakfast (we were too early for brunch). She loved sitting in the sun porch area. She talked about her fun breakfast at the Mansion all weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Dinner!AllyDined on 9/19/2014We had a wonderful dinner. We did the tasting menu which I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014I wanted to pick the nicest place Dallas had to offer as my mother wanted to treat us to a nice meal and I picked the Mansion. Ambiance and food were up to par but service was not. Waiter spoke such broken English I could not understand a word he said. Butter was not on the table when bread was handed out. We had to ask for it. Brunch price was $51. Depending on what starter and entree you chose, that meant your dessert might cost $15 or $20. No desert is worth that to me. Place was beautiful and I'm glad I went so I can say I saw it and also glad mom paid for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent staffDiningOutDined on 9/13/2014I proposed to my girlfriend here, and it could not have gone better- the staff, including the hostesses, waiter, and the sommelier were beyond excellent. The ambiance was great, and the food was even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 00OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014Overpriced for quality of food! Overpriced for quality of food' Overpriced for quality of food!
- Another amazing meal!!Nu2DallasVIPDined on 9/5/2014Chef Bruno is a genius! If you think that you know what good food is, get ready for something above and beyond.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Service was fair, wish they would've check on how the meal was. Overpriced for the portion of both appetizer and entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast is the bestthe4rojosVIPDined on 8/30/2014I do not like dinner here, as the food is exciting, but not tasty. However, the breakfast does not disappoint. We have had it twice and love the french toast and waffles. Also, they have nice crispy hashbrowns. The staff is always kind at this hotel and restaurant. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Absolutely Wonderful!MariannDined on 8/28/2014Love this place! Great food, friendly staff, Very special and unique!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014Had a great time at the Mansion Ray was our waiter and was great. Can't wait to returnSpecial Features:
- Good, but not what I expectedHobsterDined on 8/24/2014Food was very good, but the succotash seemed like an afterthought instead of a complement for the pork ribs. The atmosphere was surprising. While the rooms were elegant, the wait staff was dressed in simple black pants and shirts. No tuxes. No real formality. No maître d was in sight. The background music was classic rock and seemed more appropriate for Chili's than the Mansion. Still, we enjoyed the dinner and want to go back and try a brunch sometime. Be advised that while the address is on Turtle Creek, the entrance to the hotel and restaurant are on Gillespie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leave room for desserts2sanDined on 8/22/2014Everything was excellent, but the dessert was the best. Loved the verbena ice cream.Special Features:
- Delicious Food and Classic AmbienceredjugDined on 8/22/2014After getting to move to a table away from the entrance, we enjoyed a lovely pre-theatre dinner. With a drink and a glass of wine, we started with 2 appetizers - the salmon was beautifully prepared in small "chunks" with heirloom tomatoes, roe and homemade horseradish circle in the middle and the grilled watermelon was surprisingly very tasty. My branzino was prepared in small pieces on a bed of snap peas, and fennel in a wonderful, saffron infused broth, which the chunk of crusty bread did diligence with. My husband enjoyed his tender pork short ribs. No knife needed for these. You can't go wrong with either lovely dessert. But the most unusual taste had to be the lemon verbena ice cream on the plate with the corn panna cotta.Special Features:
- yumyumDined on 8/22/2014A huge disappointment, from the food to the individual seated at adjoining table in an virtually empty restaurant having a loud phone conversation for 20 minutes. Service very attentive but I will not return.Special Features:
- The Perfect Party experienceTxBrewIDoDined on 8/21/2014We had a special birthday party for my friend who had her parents and syblings together in the same city for over a decade. They all loved the experience, from the wonderful food to the secluded but inviting dining table by the server station area. The lighting was beautiful and funky music was surprising but enjoyable. The staff was thoughtful & attentive. It was also restaurant week and was surprised at how much food we got for the special price of $45 pp. WHAT A DEAL! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant experience!FoodieAddictDined on 8/21/2014Tried this place for restaurant week, so menu was predetermined. We had three choices for all courses. The food was good but I wasn't blown-away by any of them. The portion size was fine. The dessert course was my least favorite.Special Features:
- Great ServiceFordDined on 8/20/2014Our waiter Ezekiel was great and had very good recommendations. Food was good but not great. We apparently went during restaurant week and I was wanting to order off the regular tasting menu which wasn't an option. We did get the 68 degree egg and the squash blossom apps which were very good. The restaurant week menu was decent but nothing to go back for. I am going to go back when the regular tasting menu is available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerMLH1DallasVIPDined on 8/20/2014As we knew it would be- Dinner at the Mansion was just wonderful. We did not expect any less and it did not disappoint. We did choose to do the Restaurant Week menu, but it was just perfect. Both of our apps were good. Presentation was stellar. Of our two entrees. I won the best entree prize with the Pork Short Ribs. So tender and succulent, perched atop a great black eye pea and corn succotash. My friend enjoyed her fish dished was but so jealous of my entree. For any special occasion or a reason to treat yourself. The Mansion never disappoints. New uniforms are more casual but does not take away from the top notch service or presentation.Special Features:
- Great service bad table locationblueshound69Dined on 8/19/2014we were seated at a table that made us feel like you were at a busy intersection. Guests, staff, you name it were constantly buzzing buy the whole time. i felt like a traffic pylon during dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful NightEngteachDined on 8/19/2014Absolutely excellent service from the valet, to the gentleman who seated our party, to the gentleman serving bread, to the waiter - all very special. The food was heavenly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mansion - way over valuedRinkratDined on 8/17/2014The service was way too fast - it seemed that the objective was to get us out in 20 minutes, even after we asked them to slow down. As a result we managed to stretch our dinner to 75 minutes, by sending our entrees back. The meal was not prepared as requested, which the wait staff readily admitted and to solve the problem, the steaks were put under the heat lamps for 30 minutes. This was a very disappointing experience.
- madel8Dined on 8/17/2014romantic ambience. the food and service were both spot-on.Special Features: