The Mansion at Nottoway Plantation
31025 Louisiana Highway 1
White Castle, LA 70788Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
The Mansion at Nottoway Plantation
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nottoway.com/
- Phone: 2255452730
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 10:00am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00AM to 3:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Southern, Creole
- Executive Chef: Daniel Thompson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: All the group meeting services and amenities you expect from a large chain hotel, along with the serenity & charm of a grand antebellum home framed by majestic oaks & landscaped grounds, service that is personal, with attention to the smallest details, and the finest & freshest cuisine of Louisiana.
- Private Party Contact: Kirsten Acosta 2255452730
A word from The Mansion at Nottoway Plantation
LOUISIANA FRESH CUISINE ... CREOLE-INSPIRED! Once the basement of a lavish sugar cane plantation home, the Mansion Restaurant at Nottoway was brought to life with the multi-million dollar renovation of the entire property completed in 2009. The bar’s unique shape follows the curve of the coachman’s niche, where the original depression glass windows are still intact. The main dining room leads out to the glass rotunda, where a breathtaking view of century-old live oak trees fill the signature landscape of the 30 acre property. In this historic setting, diners are intrigued by our Southern cuisine, prepared with fresh, local, and seasonal ingredients, plus fresh herbs from the chefs’ own garden. Entrees include Crab & Brie Bisque, Grouper Louisiana, Blackened Redfish, St. Louis Ribs, Shrimp & Grits, and the Cowboy Ribeye.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Mansion at Nottoway Plantation reviews from OpenTable diners
- Absolutely wonderful!HappyTravelersDined on 9/19/2013We absolutely loved the restaurant at Nottoway Plantation! Everywhere you look is beautiful... the staff was extremely nice and helpful... and then the food came! It was cooked exactly the way we asked and was wonderful! The cuts of meat were the best and everything tasted fresh and was well seasoned! Very generous portions! We could not have been happier! Breakfast the next morning was just as appealing! There were dishes on the menu that were native to the area and the buffet was fresh and kept! We cannot wait to go back and dine there again!Special Features:
- Excellent food and good choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/9/2013Excellent food and good choices - local specialties in particular. Friendly waitstaff and reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/4/2013But the service was not, had to wait quite a while to get a drink, two wines on the list were not available, and the server had to go find the nightly specials. The food made up for it, never had fresher fish and the salads were very attractiveSpecial Features:
- Romantic setting and a tasty menuCathySDined on 9/2/2013The restaurant at Nottoway has greatly improved their menu and level of service since my visit two years ago. The setting is lovely. If you are lucky enough to have dinner at sundown you will have a remarkable setting for dinner. The menu is Southern but not typical. Each of my party of 3 praised the chef's creations. Special callouts for the excellent turtle soup (recently added to the menu) and for the double cut pork chop glazed with an apple sugar cane sauce and roasted sweet potatoes. The pork chop dinner was sweet and excellent! I would be remiss if I didn't mention the rosemary ciabatta bread with sugar cane butter that preceded dinner - yum! If you find yourself touring the River Road plantations make reservations for dinner.Special Features:
- Great food, romantic placeAnetaDined on 8/31/2013We had dinner there. We got fish dishes. They were delicious, very juicy. The portions were big. We also enjoyed bred pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Both dinners were fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/26/2013Had dinner here twice and both time they exceded my expectations, the food was amazing and the service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2013Four of us came in for dinner, the food was fantastic but the service was slow and the server read the specials from a piece of paper, that they had to go find in the kitchenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2013had a great meal here, Crab au Gratin was the best thing I have ever tasted, Giant Scallops and a Steak to die for, will go backSpecial Features:
- fantastic MealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/18/2013Wife and I had a great dinner here, the scallops were the best I have ever had, Had a Red snapper special that was great as well as the Drum fish from the menuSpecial Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2013Dinner was fantastic, Scallop and crepe appetizers were fantastic, a special tomato salad was outstanding, Special fish, can't remember the name, was also very good as was the chicken dish. Love this restaurant and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all aroundHb225Dined on 8/16/2013The atmosphere as well as the food was excellent! Such a cool place! Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Food needs workBRFoodieDined on 8/3/2013This restaurant has everything it needs to be a favorite for special occasions, but there were some issues with the food. Menu descriptions are not thorough enough on some dishes and our waiter was unable to answer our questions about entrees on the menu. Our food was a little bit of a let down. It is a very special place and I would go back just for the beauty of it, but hopefully would have better luck with my menu choices.Special Features:
- We enjoyed a beautiful sunsetsuzyleeDined on 8/3/2013We enjoyed a beautiful sunset filtered through the live oaks. The fried green tomatoes were divine, and my filet was perfect. The service was professional, personal, and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFoodieDined on 8/2/2013The quality of the food and service are second to none. The staff were helpful and friendly. The staff were also knowledgable in regards to the history surrounding the house. It was truly a memorable experience and I am now a loyal patron as I will dine at The Mansion for all of our special occasions and business luncheons. The menu was priced very reasonably as well.Special Features:
- Great Time!RinkeyDined on 7/27/2013My husband and I had a wonderful time the dinner and breakfast there and each was delicious. Absolutely wonderful food. Great atmosphere and the service was great too. Would recommend to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The great escape!DbsvjlDined on 7/23/2013I brought a group of friends for a girls day out. The atmosphere was so relaxing. We could feel the stress roll off of our shoulders. The food was beyond our expections. It was so flavorful and beautiful. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone wanting a short escape from everyday life or for an extended special occasion getaway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just wounderful!minnieDined on 7/21/2013we enjoyed a dinner at this restaurant from 7pm. seeing the sunset, shipping glasses of wine, enjoying atmosphere, we spent almost 3 hours! price was also good. worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food review for 7/18hungrygirlDined on 7/18/2013We really enjoyed our meal at The Mansion. However, there was one major problem. We ordered a bottle of wine. After waiting quite a while, our soup arrived before the wine. The server said he would check on it. After about 15 minutes it still had not arrived. Finally the manager (I think) came with the wine in a cooler. However, he said we could not drink it for 10 minutes because it was not cool. After 10 minutes it still was not cool. The manager finally came and said to pick a bottle of wine and that it would be complimentary. We were full from the early soup, so we only ordered a glass. I'm not sure why we were just not told the wine was a problem early on. We would have happily selected another. It put a damper on our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant and stayBobbiDined on 7/18/2013A great place to visit and dine. We live in the area and go here and spend the night a couple of times a year. We love the plantation and rooms. The staff is always very friendly and accomodating. The food and service has always been first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overnight getaway at NottowayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2013Came in on a Thursday and it was so nice and quite. Stayed in the cabin by the pond. Wonderful getaway !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regional fare full of flavor,FoodieDined on 7/15/2013Regional fare full of flavor, servers who are friendly, and a beautiful location made for a wonderful dining experience. The entire meal - from the fresh rosemary bread with three types of butter to the main dishes of shrimp and grits and the Cajun 3 step - were fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and peacefulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/15/2013My husband and I enjoyed the atmosphere of the antebellum restaurant. The food was fresh and very tasty. We shared a dessert that was simply exquisite to the palate. I would highly recommend this restaurant for couples or special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Plantation Dinner!jeanalmelDined on 7/14/2013Truly delicious dinner, romantic setting, great service! Exceeded our expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved the placeAsabalVIPDined on 7/13/2013We loved the place the old house it's amazing and the restaurant it's good with good food and good attention to detail we will recommend this place to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnJohnDined on 7/5/2013Food was fine, service was very slow. We were stuck in a tiny corner while the majority of the dining area stayed empty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not one to write reviewsChrisVIPDined on 6/29/2013I don't usually write reviews.... Can't wait to go back. This is an one in a million restaurant. The food is excellent. On par with some of New Orleans best. Baton Rouge has nothin to compare. Now factor in the grounds, and the fact that you're having dinner at Nottoway. Well I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripSteveDined on 6/15/2013Our experience at The Mansion at Nottoway Plantation was fantastic. The restaurant had great food, good variety to choose from, and reasonable prices. Service was well paced between courses. Would recommend to anyone wanting a nice getaway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Catfish I've hadKimmyDined on 6/15/2013I had lunch. I ordered the fried catfish with the grilled veggies and crawfish gumbo. In short it was GREAT. The fish was fried perfectly, did NOT have a fishy taste. The gumbo was as good as any I've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/8/2013Went to Nottaway to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Never did I expect to find a resturanton par with New Orlean' finests.The chef staff is exceptional. Stayed in a a cabin that was well appointed and very comfortable.There are plenty of party rooms away from the cabins that were put to good use. GREAT WEEKEND! Only problem is finding room for desert. The last evening we ordered only appetizers to make sure we had room for desert. Every dish was exceptional. The Crab and Brie Bisque will be found on the tables in Heaven. Then there is the Bananas Foster Cheesecake and Miss Sharon's White Chocolate Bread Pudding. I rate this experience among the best of our travels acorss the Americas and Europe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation treat!RebeccaDined on 6/7/2013My sisters and I traveled with our elderly mother from Florida to Louisiana to visit my mother's sisters and brother. We wanted to visit a plantation, and Nottoway fit the bill perfectly. We were able to enjoy a fabulous lunch in a beautiful dining room before taking a tour of the wonderful plantation home. The food was fantastic! Our server was great - willing and able to make the substitutions we wanted so that we all got exactly what we wanted. The dining room was lovely! And we were very surprised by how reasonably priced the entire menu was. The food was so great that we would have expected to pay a lot more. We were pleased with our entire experience!!Special Features:
- Sunday Brunchmothernature31Dined on 6/2/2013Everything was so wonderful! The service and food was tops! I highly recommend the three course Sunday brunch. The most perfect place to bring out-of-town guests, or for a beautiful afternoon escape.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT!loveloveDined on 5/26/2013My husband and I are still smiling! The food and atmosphere were so lovely, that I didn't even mind that he said The Mansion's gumbo was better than mine. We have recommended to all of our family and friends that this is an experience that they all must try. I can't wait to book our next adventure there! Fabulous and thank you is all I can say~Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Faraway Friends loved the scenery!DEEDEEDined on 5/26/2013I did not know what to expect and was pleasantly surprised. The menu was versatile and the food was great! Our friends had a memorable brunch and enjoyed their visit.Special Features:
- Nottoway Dining - a nice surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2013The dinner at Nottoway Plantation was the perfect end to a day of touring southern plantations. The dinner and food were excellent. I was lucky to be seated in the glass-enclosed veranda room. There was a spectacular lightning storm with thunder and heavy rain during my dinner that added to the ambience. Fortunately I was staying that night in the plantation house (highly recommended) and didn't have to drive anywhere during the storm. I had their breakfast buffet the next morning and found it to be a great value - a very complete southern breakfast buffet at a very reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I liked itowenDined on 5/23/2013The atmosphere was excellent, good lunch selection, and everyone in my party of 7 had no trouble finding something special. We all really enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Garden ParadiseLSUmamaDined on 5/16/2013We absolutely loved this place. Had a groupd of six for my daughter's graduation luncheon. My parents have traveled the world over, and even they were impressed. Loved the variety of both standard and locally based items on the menu--none disappointed. The crab cakes, cornbread, Cochon au last, shrimp and grits....even the side salad was fresh and had a wonderful vinaigrette. No room to try the desserts-sad! Then the gardens! Amazing! I have much to say to promote this place.....if they need part time marketing director I'm their gal! Only 35 min from Baton Rouge and an easy drive through quirky Brusly and Plaquemine--fun to drive through. Highly recommend Nottoway and we will be back next year when she graduates from grad school!Special Features:
- Great all around.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2013The food was excellent. Very fresh ingredients. The green onion and sugarcane butters were unique and delicious. We shared the berries anglaise for dessert which was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Great at first but got betterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/9/2013Enjoyed doing the tour then eating there in the house. Only issue was the slow service. At bar we were the only guests and it took like 10mins to get drinks.Then the staff meeting at end of bar made us uncomfortable. Got bread and water right away at table but sat there for like 15mins with no drinks,that's when I got up and got my own wine list.Then our server came & asked how everything was so far,I was like"the bread and water is lovely but a drink would be nice" we were the ONLY table inside the restaurant, 2 others on the patio.I had to ask twice for music to be turned on bc all I could hear was the staff joking and talking.All was good after we got our bottle of wine & music.The grouper and BI ribeye was good and prices are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful!NanaJDined on 5/7/2013This was a delightful restaurant - especially when seated on the porch with lovely views of the grounds. The shrimp and grits was absolutely the best I've ever eaten. The crab pasta was ok but just wasn't as good as the shrimp and grits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely lovely Sunday Brunch.kackielovesfinediningDined on 4/28/2013Absolutely lovely Sunday Brunch. Food delicious! The Fried Green Tomatoes to die for; the Crabcake Benedict perfect, and cheesecake yummy! Generous portions, enjoyed my "doggy box" later. Atmosphere/environment makes one feel transported back in time, yet able to revel in modern day conviences! We are so lucky to have two such incredible historical gems in such close proximity; St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church in Plaquemine, and Nottaway a few miles down the river!Special Features: