10109 - 125 Street
Edmonton, AB T5N 1S7Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.themanorbistro.com/
- Phone: 7804827577
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm-9:00pm; Brunch Sunday 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Cyrilles Koppert
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Medium room seats 16 -20. Larger room seats 26 to 36. Smaller room seats 6-8.
- Private Party Contact: Lorraine Ellis 7804827577
A word from The Manor
Located in a charming old house circa 1929 The Manor is a "casual with class" dining atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
The Manor - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
The Manor reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (56)great for outdoor dining (55)special occasion (43)great for lunch (38)romantic (31)great for brunch (26)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (21)scenic view (12)notable wine list (8)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Food tasty but only warmDennisDined on 10/17/2014Nothing stands out with this restaurant. Food was tasty but only warm when it arrived at our table. We both had the salmon special. Also it was a little overpriced. Ambience was good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Crepe was wonderful; not too heavy; plenty of salmon! The old house is charming and the neighbourhood delightful. Good to see these old places restored and used.Special Features:
- okayNickDined on 10/11/2014Have eaten here before and was great. This time, all the staff was very preoccupied with private parties and was not as tasty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely evening with friendsMarkDined on 10/5/2014I'm not psychiatrist, but the Manor has a presonality disorder. A likeable personality disorder, but one none the less. From the outside, you feel as if you are walking into a heratage home - indeed, we were tempted to ring the door bell before walking in. Once inside, you get the feeling that you are in an English public house - minus the beer taps and the smell of smoke. The menu is French country kitchen, with a hint of Asia (Nasi Goreng) and a touch of German (Schnitzle). The cocktail menu then transports one from France to New York and the sounds of jazz or blues. In spite of the identity crisis (and a less-than-interested server), the food and wine were fantastic and the evening very enjoyable. We will be back!Special Features:
- visitorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Our server was pleasant and efficient. The salads that I and my companion ordered were fresh and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014It has been a few years since we have been here, and it did not disappoint. Food was excellent and the service was friendly, quick and attentive. My wife and i enjoyed our cherished date night out. Thank you for making it a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableWhitehawkDined on 9/27/2014The warm ambiance sets the tone for a relaxing, pleasant experience. It's a great place for a visit with good friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We brought friends from Ireland here and they really loved the food and how charming the restaurant is. I've chosen Manor Bistro many times over the years for my book club lunch, brunch or dinners and it's always a wonderful experience -- the food is always very good and it's a perfect place to hold a conversation. (Although I did find it a little noisy on Friday). And of course, the staff are very gracious, friendly and knowledgeable. Thank you for the nice time!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Our,waitress is a gem. She knows when we might need time or perhaps just want to sit and visit. The food was just great. We love the Quiona saladSpecial Features:
- not like it used to bekyewVIPDined on 9/24/2014This was my favourite restaurant- years ago!! Now it felt like it was a pub- nothing special. There was no ambience. Food was noting special. I would not return
- Good lunch!HkateDined on 9/23/2014I have never gone wrong with a pasta dish here. Always yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a hit !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Manor Cafe never fails us. The food is always fantastic... this has become our family favourite to celebrate special anniversaries and big birthdays...Special Features:
- Patio LunchhappydinerVIPDined on 9/16/2014Always enjoy the service and the patio setting at The Manor. Food was well presented and we always appreciate the herb butter and fresh baked bread. Our server was so friendly and welcoming. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AmbiancedeedeeDined on 9/13/2014Wonderful location and romantic atmosphere. Excellent outdoor patio in garden setting - quiet residential off of the main streets, very European feel. A little pricey, but food is outstanding - all prepared from scratch with unique menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!emmyVIPDined on 9/7/2014We regularly dine at The Manor- it is a favourite spot for brunch and special occasions. This visit was lovely. Our meals were unique and tasty and perfectly portioned. The service was helpful but not too intrusive, and the atmosphere was elegant yet relaxed. This time we sampled a delicious breakfast cocktail - they always have creative concoctions. Looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- Great Dinner ExperienceFoodsimpleton1Dined on 9/4/2014The pork schnitzel was phenomenal. The meat was extremely tender and juicy and the batter thin and crispy. The interesting combination of pan-fried salmon with risotto was very well received. The salmon was crispy on the outside, yet slightly pink and soft inside, but the risotto was the best part with the Chef's special sauce. We ended up ordering an extra dish with the schnitzel with the risotto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/20146 weeks ago my wife and I had a thoroughly enjoyable and delicious lunch on the patio and were looking forward to our anniversary dinner on the 31st. We ordered the spinach salad and bruschetta to share( the spinach salad we had previously at our lunch). My wife had the salmon special and I ordered the Pork & Beans--the spinach salad was nothing like the previous tasting and the bruschetta was soaked thru and not fresh tasting. The entries--salmon was cooked correctly but lacked flavor & freshness--the potato was OK but too strongly seasoned compared to the salmon--the pork was overcooked and the sauce seemed off. Our desserts were very good, but overall a very disappointing evening.
- Anniversary DinnerPatecakeDined on 8/30/2014This place was a very delightful restaurant to celebrate our 27th Anniversary at. The service was good, food was very nice but it was a bit crowded and noisy where we were seated. This location was a bit far from where we live, nice new experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014Wish we had gone next door - they seemed to be having a much better time!
- Less than we expectedmysterydinerDined on 8/29/2014We returned to the Manor after many weeks, but this time for dinner. We had a reservation, but were placed upstairs in a very cold and uninviting space. We had the feeling the restaurant was trying to hide us there. There was nobody else up there even though we were told there soon would be. Our waitress was just fine - did a super job of trying to make us comfortable and was attentive. What food we had was not bad either, and I believe would have been much better had the environment been what we had expected. We had appetizers and a glass of wine, but were not inclined to stay . On our way out, we noted many tables on the main level that were not filled. Go figure. We likely would choose other places before we would return.
- The Manor team was incredible!AcviensDined on 8/27/2014We needed to make a last-minute reservation for my boyfriend's birthday. They were more than happy to accommodate the nine of us, both on the patio, and then inside when it began to rain. The food was delicious, and our server was simply charming. Thank you so much for making that night genuinely memorable and enjoyable!!Special Features:
- Favorite in EdmontonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014The food never disappoints. The feature is always a great pick to change it up and the nasi goreng is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great foodLindyLouDined on 8/17/2014Another great meal at the Manor. Even short staffed the service was prompt and courteous and our waiter was not rushed. Catch of the day was delicious and they have the best creme brûlée so make sure you leave room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvellous Meal at the Manor!calgarDined on 8/16/2014The Manor describes its restaurant as casual dining and that is exactly what you get in a relaxed and pretty setting. We chose to eat on the patio and thoroughly enjoyed our shared starters of olives and goats cheese (which although lacking in appearance makes up for in taste!). My husband was raving about his nasi goreng which he thought was delicious. On a healthkick I opted for the pear & cheese salad which certainly satisfied! Staff are extremely attentive, kudos to Quinn! Price wise The Manor is very reasonable, we enjoyed our first trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- odd for comfort foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014When I think of comfort food I think of what mom and pop would make. Lasagna, mac and cheese, a burger, that sort of thing. Everything on the menu practically, had sundried tomato and other bizarre non-traditional ingredients. We had a hard time deciding. The Ceasar was nothing more that tomato juice and it was warm. Beautiful patio though!Special Features:
- thanksbarbaboutDined on 8/14/2014I had not eaten there for quite a while so thought I'd give it a try for lunch. It was a little pricey but the food and service were great. I would definitely go there again and recommend it to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, but ....MartykDined on 8/12/2014I am a returning customer but I find the menu items a little limited ant stale, and more and i find it overly pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Friendly CelebrationFamilyFoodieDined on 8/9/2014We visited the Manor last weekend to celebrate my in-law's 61st wedding anniversary and my brother-in-law's birthday. We were seated in a private dining room that was very comfortable for our party of 7 and sheltered from the ambient noise of the restaurant to allow conversation. The food was great; something for even the most picky of us, the relaxed pace and invitation to linger as long as we liked was a lovely way to mark our special occasions.Special Features:
- Lovely Restaurant, Great FoodyummyfoodmakesmehappyDined on 8/8/2014We really enjoyed eating at The Manor. The food was scrumptious and the service excellent. We appreciated the cosy atmosphere and would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebration.TwytzDined on 8/3/2014The Manor Casual Bistro was chosen by my companion to celebrate her 75th birthday. It was a romantic dinner for two. The evening was warm so sitting on the patio in the corner was an easy decision. Mosquitoes and wasps were totally absent. The young waiter was friendly, slightly nervous perhaps, prompt and eager to please. We shared the pear salad which was fresh and tasty. I chose the schnitzel while my companion settled for the salmon special. We both agreed the food was excellent. Quantities were large and sufficiently filling that sadly there was no room left for dessert. A single glass each of Dal Cero Pinot Grigio Ramato wine sufficed since the serving was generous. Overall an great experience that met our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrianDined on 8/2/2014The setting, food and service were just great. The menu offered us some real variety.Special Features:
- Great Food, Too-Loud MusicKittyhawkDined on 7/26/2014My husband & I & another couple came here to celebrate our joint-25th anniversaries on July 25. The food was terrific and the service was good. Two things would have made our evening perfect: softer music & some nice gesture to acknowledge our special day (Perhaps a sparkler? "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate on our dessert plate?). They did know it was a joint anniversary. The music was jazz - often so loud that we could barely hear one another across the table. Personally, I hate jazz, but would have tolerated it had it not been so LOUD. I asked the server if it could be turned down & she said "Yes", but didn't do it. Overall, however, it was a pleasant evening, with delicious food & a charming setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing!goodeatsDined on 7/24/2014I ordered one of the cocktails on their new cocktail menu, which sounded like a twist on a mimosa. The drink was horrible - had the worst bitter aftertaste. I informed the server and was asked if I would like something else instead. I ordered another drink. Our appetizer and meals were ok, but not fantastic. We paid for our bill. When we went to our vehicle we discussed how the bill seemed quite high for what we ordered. We had been charged for both cocktails (at $12 each!). No offer was made to remedy our bill. I was annoyed by the fact they weren't willing to take off the first drink and more importantly, that they didn't inform me that I would still have to pay for it. We won't be back!
- Great patioOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/24/2014The patio was great. We had the Nasi Goreng which was quite " just OK".Special Features:
- Lovely Lunch for the LadiesLunchLadyDined on 7/24/2014Three ladies enjoyed celebrating a birthday lunch on the patio of The Manor and everything was exceptional. The food was great and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Patio LunchhappydinerVIPDined on 7/21/2014Great spot to have lunch and visit with friends! The trees and outdoor patio give a very relaxed atmosphere. Salads were superb!Special Features:
- Good serviceSteelpopDined on 7/18/2014Both service and food were excellent. We ate inside rather than the more crowded outside. Would choose again for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining DivaRestoDiva2014Dined on 7/11/2014Food and service was very good. Consistent throughout the years.Special Features:
- Romantic and sweetTmuskegoDined on 7/11/2014The food and service were perfect. I was doing reconnaissance for my wedding and am happy to report the manor is where I'll get marriedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood fantastic!Yummy4mytummyDined on 7/6/2014We started with Bruschetta & Scallops. Both were perfectly flavourful. The main entree was Islandic Cod which was completed with a citrus salad & quinoa. Also, perfectly flavourful. We finished with the Chocolate Tiramisu, but for the first time, we found the tiramisu too heavily soaked in liqueur. The liqueur taste overpowered what should have been a light & lovely finish to the meal. Thankfully, I had positive thoughts of all the flavours beforehand. Great evening for great conversation on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 602 reviews are from the The Manor reviews archive.