10109 - 125 Street
Edmonton, AB T5N 1S7Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.themanorbistro.com/
- Phone: 7804827577
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm-9:00pm; Brunch Sunday 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Cyrilles Koppert
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Medium room seats 16 -20. Larger room seats 26 to 36. Smaller room seats 6-8.
- Private Party Contact: Lorraine Ellis 7804827577
A word from The Manor
Located in a charming old house circa 1929 The Manor is a "casual with class" dining atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
The Manor - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
The Manor reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (64)neighborhood gem (55)great for lunch (43)special occasion (43)romantic (35)great for brunch (31)fit for foodies (29)good for groups (21)scenic view (13)notable wine list (8)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/20146 weeks ago my wife and I had a thoroughly enjoyable and delicious lunch on the patio and were looking forward to our anniversary dinner on the 31st. We ordered the spinach salad and bruschetta to share( the spinach salad we had previously at our lunch). My wife had the salmon special and I ordered the Pork & Beans--the spinach salad was nothing like the previous tasting and the bruschetta was soaked thru and not fresh tasting. The entries--salmon was cooked correctly but lacked flavor & freshness--the potato was OK but too strongly seasoned compared to the salmon--the pork was overcooked and the sauce seemed off. Our desserts were very good, but overall a very disappointing evening.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014Wish we had gone next door - they seemed to be having a much better time!
- The Manor team was incredible!AcviensDined on 8/27/2014We needed to make a last-minute reservation for my boyfriend's birthday. They were more than happy to accommodate the nine of us, both on the patio, and then inside when it began to rain. The food was delicious, and our server was simply charming. Thank you so much for making that night genuinely memorable and enjoyable!!Special Features:
- Favorite in EdmontonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014The food never disappoints. The feature is always a great pick to change it up and the nasi goreng is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great foodLindyLouDined on 8/17/2014Another great meal at the Manor. Even short staffed the service was prompt and courteous and our waiter was not rushed. Catch of the day was delicious and they have the best creme brûlée so make sure you leave room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvellous Meal at the Manor!calgarDined on 8/16/2014The Manor describes its restaurant as casual dining and that is exactly what you get in a relaxed and pretty setting. We chose to eat on the patio and thoroughly enjoyed our shared starters of olives and goats cheese (which although lacking in appearance makes up for in taste!). My husband was raving about his nasi goreng which he thought was delicious. On a healthkick I opted for the pear & cheese salad which certainly satisfied! Staff are extremely attentive, kudos to Quinn! Price wise The Manor is very reasonable, we enjoyed our first trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- odd for comfort foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014When I think of comfort food I think of what mom and pop would make. Lasagna, mac and cheese, a burger, that sort of thing. Everything on the menu practically, had sundried tomato and other bizarre non-traditional ingredients. We had a hard time deciding. The Ceasar was nothing more that tomato juice and it was warm. Beautiful patio though!Special Features:
- thanksbarbaboutDined on 8/14/2014I had not eaten there for quite a while so thought I'd give it a try for lunch. It was a little pricey but the food and service were great. I would definitely go there again and recommend it to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, but ....MartykDined on 8/12/2014I am a returning customer but I find the menu items a little limited ant stale, and more and i find it overly pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Friendly CelebrationFamilyFoodieDined on 8/9/2014We visited the Manor last weekend to celebrate my in-law's 61st wedding anniversary and my brother-in-law's birthday. We were seated in a private dining room that was very comfortable for our party of 7 and sheltered from the ambient noise of the restaurant to allow conversation. The food was great; something for even the most picky of us, the relaxed pace and invitation to linger as long as we liked was a lovely way to mark our special occasions.Special Features:
- Lovely Restaurant, Great FoodyummyfoodmakesmehappyDined on 8/8/2014We really enjoyed eating at The Manor. The food was scrumptious and the service excellent. We appreciated the cosy atmosphere and would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebration.TwytzDined on 8/3/2014The Manor Casual Bistro was chosen by my companion to celebrate her 75th birthday. It was a romantic dinner for two. The evening was warm so sitting on the patio in the corner was an easy decision. Mosquitoes and wasps were totally absent. The young waiter was friendly, slightly nervous perhaps, prompt and eager to please. We shared the pear salad which was fresh and tasty. I chose the schnitzel while my companion settled for the salmon special. We both agreed the food was excellent. Quantities were large and sufficiently filling that sadly there was no room left for dessert. A single glass each of Dal Cero Pinot Grigio Ramato wine sufficed since the serving was generous. Overall an great experience that met our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrianDined on 8/2/2014The setting, food and service were just great. The menu offered us some real variety.Special Features:
- Great Food, Too-Loud MusicKittyhawkDined on 7/26/2014My husband & I & another couple came here to celebrate our joint-25th anniversaries on July 25. The food was terrific and the service was good. Two things would have made our evening perfect: softer music & some nice gesture to acknowledge our special day (Perhaps a sparkler? "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate on our dessert plate?). They did know it was a joint anniversary. The music was jazz - often so loud that we could barely hear one another across the table. Personally, I hate jazz, but would have tolerated it had it not been so LOUD. I asked the server if it could be turned down & she said "Yes", but didn't do it. Overall, however, it was a pleasant evening, with delicious food & a charming setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing!goodeatsDined on 7/24/2014I ordered one of the cocktails on their new cocktail menu, which sounded like a twist on a mimosa. The drink was horrible - had the worst bitter aftertaste. I informed the server and was asked if I would like something else instead. I ordered another drink. Our appetizer and meals were ok, but not fantastic. We paid for our bill. When we went to our vehicle we discussed how the bill seemed quite high for what we ordered. We had been charged for both cocktails (at $12 each!). No offer was made to remedy our bill. I was annoyed by the fact they weren't willing to take off the first drink and more importantly, that they didn't inform me that I would still have to pay for it. We won't be back!
- Great patioOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/24/2014The patio was great. We had the Nasi Goreng which was quite " just OK".Special Features:
- Lovely Lunch for the LadiesLunchLadyDined on 7/24/2014Three ladies enjoyed celebrating a birthday lunch on the patio of The Manor and everything was exceptional. The food was great and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Patio LunchhappydinerDined on 7/21/2014Great spot to have lunch and visit with friends! The trees and outdoor patio give a very relaxed atmosphere. Salads were superb!Special Features:
- Good serviceSteelpopDined on 7/18/2014Both service and food were excellent. We ate inside rather than the more crowded outside. Would choose again for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining DivaRestoDiva2014Dined on 7/11/2014Food and service was very good. Consistent throughout the years.Special Features:
- Romantic and sweetTmuskegoDined on 7/11/2014The food and service were perfect. I was doing reconnaissance for my wedding and am happy to report the manor is where I'll get marriedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood fantastic!Yummy4mytummyDined on 7/6/2014We started with Bruschetta & Scallops. Both were perfectly flavourful. The main entree was Islandic Cod which was completed with a citrus salad & quinoa. Also, perfectly flavourful. We finished with the Chocolate Tiramisu, but for the first time, we found the tiramisu too heavily soaked in liqueur. The liqueur taste overpowered what should have been a light & lovely finish to the meal. Thankfully, I had positive thoughts of all the flavours beforehand. Great evening for great conversation on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well doneInvivoDined on 6/20/2014You feel welcome and comfortable from the moment you arrive. Great place to relax with friends, savor food that is well prepared and be taken care of. Our server provided an excellent wine recommendation which was the perfect accompaniment with our meals. The croquettes as a featured appetizer were outstanding both for texture and flavour. Mains - nasi goreng and salmon were both delightful. This is a place you can keep returning to and know you'll have a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Great service,food was very tasty.A fun evening out, never rushed, felt special. This is our third visit and enjoyed each visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUCH A NICE PATIO FOR BRUNCHOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014Great patio for a fathers day brunch. I don't the huevos which was not that good and soggy but the serviceSpecial Features:
- Tucked away but not to be missed!bAGGEEDined on 6/14/2014Home food takes on new meaning in this house converted into a restaurant. With different rooms this is a great place to take a group. Adding to the comfortable homey feeling of the place is an abundance of greenery on the property making this a picturesque place to visit and dine outside. The charming atmosphere is matched by the outstanding quality fo the food as well. One of the best features is that The Manor has a variety of dishes and specials using on of my favourite ingredients, eggs; making their brunches and omelettes something to keep coming back for. If eggs aren't to your liking they have a variety of sandwiches and other home-inspired dishes that make deciding upon one difficult. Don't pass up on a dessert selection either!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MunchatlunchDined on 6/11/2014This was my second lunch at the Manor and both times we sat on the patio. The staff are friendly and efficient, the patio is lovely and they are great at putting on the patio heaters, or moving the umbrellas - whatever you need. The food is excellent and the amount just right for lunch. Dishes are served with an eye to presentation. Prices are reasonable and I believe consistent with central Edmonton dining. Parking is a bit of an issue in that area and given the construction maybe a bit worse than usual, but if you are before or after the regular lunch crowds it will be allright. They share a parking area with the restaurant next door and there is street parking as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very loudLizzDined on 6/1/2014I was disappointed with dinner. 2 of the tables around us were so loud we could not hear each other at our table unless we shouted at each other. Ruined the night. Nothing the staff could do about it and they were apologetic about the noise. Food was decent but wasn't great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkCityDwellerDined on 5/25/2014The charcuterie was ok, not amazing. The pasta dish was rich and needed some kind of bright note to cut through the rich. My husband had the beef and said it was alright. The entire thing just didn't feel very relevant or cutting edge, it felt a bit boring. Wine was good, service good. Music was too much and too loud.Special Features:
- Lovely LunchLadiesWhoLunchDined on 5/22/2014The four ladies who had lunch at this spot thoroughly enjoyed the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and laid backlenoreoDined on 5/18/2014Our group of 8 ladies on a bachelorette weekend enjoyed a fabulous high quality meal here. We had our own little room to ourselves, and it was intimate and funky. The food was amazing, though we all ended up too full to even consider the fabulous desserts. Our server, Quinn, was fantastic -- very helpful, easygoing, and unobtrusive. This restaurant is a perfect choice for enjoying high quality innovative food while not feeling pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdaynightoutDined on 5/14/2014Had a great time at The Manor. We were lucky and ended up having most of the place to ourselves. Food was excellent and the staff were amazing, friendly and respectful, they even put a sparkler candle on the birthday cake. I really enjoyed my night at the manor. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Excellent in every way !LocalfoodieDined on 5/11/2014Service was super - and it was Mothers Day so busy. Everyone enjoyed their special cocktail and the food was yummy. We had the desserts - tried 3 and all great .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but DaintyRumaluVIPDined on 5/11/2014We booked a table for brunch - forgetting that it was Mother's Day so the regular brunch menu was not available. The restaurant is pleasant and the food was delicious but if the husbands had been along the portions for them might have been an issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not RecommendedCleoDined on 5/11/2014We went for Brunch and felt like we were being "rushed" constantly. The app showed up 4 mins before the main. Our server took the bread basket away before we finished. At one point she said she didn't think there was a reservation after us for the table so "we could stay".??
- CharmingHonestDined on 5/11/2014We brought our Mom there for Mother's Day was our first time and won't be our last. Service was fabulous...food was amazing...very tasty. Thanks for the great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 588 reviews are from the The Manor reviews archive.
- Love the ManorBevfDined on 4/27/2014Love this restaurant - but would suggest weekends when this charming dining bistro is full, background music definitely not necessary - in fact, it becomes irritating - as we have to lean over our tables, as it is, to hear each other. Bravo to the food though - never disappointed in this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for BrunchBestBrunchinWestEdDined on 4/27/2014This was a wonderful place to take senior friends. Good access for those with limited mobility on the ramp. Parking is challenging so get there early. We were lucky and found last space. Reserve in advance...its busy on Sundays. Ask for small room or ground floor if stairs are a problem. Need more servers on Sunday mornings. One server run off her feet! Everyone loved their food.Special Features:
- Delicious as usual, but service?evfrbrDined on 4/27/2014I'm a long time lover of The Manor Bistro in all its iterations and I'd even go so far as to say I'm a "regular". The food, as always, was delicious. We were there for a brunch following my birthday so we were really looking forward to our meal. Our waitress really wasn't great. She seemed bored and rushed and just generally uninterested in being pleasant at all. It really spoiled the brunch for us. Last time we went for dinner, our server wasn't great either so It's a disturbing trend. I don't need to be best friends with a server but basic politeness should be a given, no? Anyhow, with two less than stellar servers in a row, and so many great restaurants around, we'll think twice before coming back again.Special Features:
- First EncountercfritzpDined on 4/25/2014In our first visit we were impressed with the whole experience. The food was excellent, the wine wonderful, reccommended by our server who bt the way was wonderful. We definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.