The Manor Tavern
15819 Old York Road
Monkton, MD 21111Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Manor Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://themanortavern.com/
- Phone: 4107718155x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday & Tuesday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
Wednesday & Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Friday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 9:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Travis Szerensits
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our catering services provide exquisite one-stop event planning. From passed hors d'oeuvres to a seated dinner, the Manor Tavern can fulfill everything you need to have the most enjoyable and memorable event.
- Entertainment: FOLK MUSIC MONDAYS
First Monday of each month
• Live Acoustic Folk Music •
Bluegrass • Folk • Country
Come and join the fun.
- Special Events: EASTER SUNDAY BRUNCH AND DINNER BUFFETT
Brunch Seating Times: 10:30am and 1pm
Dinner Seating Times: 3:30 pm and 6:00pm
$36 for Adults and $13 for Children Ages 3-12
Come take pictures with the Easter Bunny and join in our Easter Egg Hunts
THIRD ANNUAL OYSTER FEST AND 5K RACE
Will be held on Sunday, April 27th from 1pm to 5pm (with the race beginning at 12pm).
We will have live music featuring Dan Haas, a Moon Bounce and activities for the kids, food and drink specials as well as raw and fried OYSTERS.
Our chef's will also offer Piedmont Ridge Cheeseburgers, Verdant Valley Farms Pork BBQ, Handcut Fries and Chicken Fingers.
PAINTED PALETTE NIGHT
Paint, Sip and Create!
Tuesday, May 13th from 7-9pm
$35 per painter - must pre-register online
Price includes all art supplies
Join us for an evening of step-by-step art and wine entertainment!
A word from The Manor Tavern
Voted Baltimore Magazine's 2013 Best Restaurant 'Worth the Drive,' we are located in the heart of Maryland’s horse country. ‘The Tavern’, as many of our local patrons refer to us, is a favorite gathering place for friends and families to enjoy a relaxed atmosphere, superior service and meals that are flavorful from beginning to end. The traditional American inspired kitchen is rooted at a local level to highlight our area growers and purveyors ensuring the freshest produce, meat, fish and chicken are of the highest standard.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
The Manor Tavern - Best Restaurants in Monkton ›
The Manor Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (53)neighborhood gem (45)special occasion (34)good for groups (33)great for lunch (31)fit for foodies (28)romantic (26)scenic view (20)great for brunch (20)notable wine list (15)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- overall excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Brunch was great. Will have to try other meals before I can make a complete evaluation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014We enjoyed our recent dinner at the Manor Tavern. It was our first experience and it was delightful. My daughter enjoyed their French Onion Soup. The mac n cheese slider appetizers were very tasty. My husband ordered a plain cheese burger while I enjoyed my scallops and pork dish, consisting of 4 large scallops and an ample helping of a tender pork butt BBQ. Both of our dishes were very succulent. Our food and service was good during this busy evening. My only complaint would be is the noise level. With our party of three l, it was almost impossible to hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoseDined on 8/22/2014Consistently enjoyable....had the artichoke cakes, very good.Special Features:
- DisappointedFoodieDined on 8/22/2014Service was okay. Our waitress seemed absent a lot. It was difficult to get her attention or we didn't see her for 10-15 minutes at a time. The appetizer and dessert were delicious. The entree was okay. My fiancé's pork tenderloin was very dry. I was a tad bit disappointed. I don't think I will be returning for a while.Special Features:
- Service slow, food unevenMagsDined on 8/19/2014We often come here and usually enjoy our visit. Last week 4 of us came. It seems that a table of 10 had switched from outside to in and our waitress was burdened with 10 extra people. She was quite pleasant and did her best but we found ourselves looking for her and our next course often. The manager helped her which was nice. All 4 of us ordered the three course restaurant week meals. Appetizers: zucchini cakes excellent, salads with goat cheese, etc. so so, Thai salad good. Main course: seafood medley excellent,pork,good taste, a bit dry,braised beef ribs, not very good. Needed spices. Dessert: key lime custard excellent, peach cake ok, chocolate cheesecake good. A bit disappointing as these were guests and we wanted it to be special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overwhelmed kitchenPhoenixDinerDined on 8/19/2014Have been a long time customer of Manor Tavern but this visit was disappointing. Entrees took over 1 hour to arrive without explanation. There were no "bus boys" attending to us, so our server was very sweet and experienced but very busy. Water not refilled, one of the diner's food in our party was luke warm at best. Manager did cut our check in half, which was very appreciated but did not get a clear explanation as to why the issue with the delay. From our observation, it seemed like there were many disgruntled customers that night. Maybe they need to schedule more staff. Food was good but not worth the one hour+ wait. Chocolate cake was delicious and highlight of long meal but even that took a long time to be served!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting there is half the funPaPaVIPDined on 8/17/2014You must decide to go to "The Tavern". It's a beautiful, bucolic, drive with twists and turns thru forests, rolling hills, horse farms, estates and farm houses...go Dulaney Valley Road to Manor Road to Old York. That's half the fun! The other half is "The Tavern". The menu has a wide variety of delicious offerings and specials. It's not "gourmet" a la Milton Inn, it's much more eclectic from hamburgers to a wonderful soft-shell crab special with an interesting bed of fresh corn and aioli. Try "The Tavern" and see if it's your style...be sure to wear your casual Ralph Lauren Polo knit shirt.Special Features:
- Family Dinnerchuck6737Dined on 8/17/2014We have never had a bad experience, or meal at The Manor Tavern. Servers are very attentive. Food choices are plentiful, and I usually end up changing my mind when I hear what the specials are for the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ho hum foodFifiDined on 8/16/2014We went there for restaurant week. 2 people ordered coconut curry shrimp. They reported the shrimp had neither coconut or curry flavor. I ordered a Thai salad. It was shredded zucchini with peanuts. Little or no Thai sauce. 2 people had seafood jambalaya. They said it was ok. I had what was billed as artichokes made like crab patties. All it was was fried or broiled artichoke hearts shaped into a patty. No seasonings like in a crab cake. Waitress did bring over a shaker of Old Bay. Other diner had pork but it was so red she couldn't eat it. Desserts were delicious. Manor tavern is beautiful and in a very peaceful setting.Special Features:
- ExcellenceLibertyVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great food, awesome service, very busy but well managed!Special Features:
- long time no seeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014It had been more than a decade since my last trip to the manor tavern and now I want to go every season. Inspired by a great menu for restaurant week we decided to head to Monkton for dinner. So glad we did. Everything was great! The food was fresh from their garden outside and they support alot of local farmers including the amazing pork my husband ordered came from the owners farm. The cocktail was yummy, good start to the evening. The waitress said their menu is seasonal and I have to try the crab soup. Very welcoming staff, the manager checked in on each table to ensure al was up to their high standards. Thanks Manor tavern for reminding me I dont have to go downtown for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodCarolVIPDined on 8/11/2014We all had a choice from the restaurant week menu and each one of us really enjoyed our meal. Food was delicious and side porch is a lovely setting. Might be good to figure out how to lessen noise coming from Manor Rd. Service still needs tweaking. Water glasses never get refilled unless you ask. Wine bucket showed up at dessert time. Next course was brought each time before plates from course before had been cleared. Perhaps busboy training is in order?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jo AnnJABTDined on 8/10/2014We had a great time watching the end of the PGA golf tournament from a perfect spot on the outdoor dining deck. Great food in a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Excellent restaurant. Solid menu, all well done, nothing blows you away though.
- Appreciate attention to detailGussyDined on 8/9/2014Our first experience at the Manor Tavern and we were impressed by both the food and the service. We had mentioned a gluten free allergy in our reservation request and they actually acknowledged it upon our arrival and produced a gluten free menu (and adapted the evening special to gluten free too). All of the food was excellent. Nice casual, outdoor dining. Definitely a place we will visit again.Special Features:
- Lovely settingCarolVIPDined on 8/7/2014The outdoor porch is a lovely place to enjoy a meal. The food was delicious. Not sure if they were understaffed, but service from the moment we arrived was abysmally slow. Manager noticed and offered free dessert. We decided to pass on dessert and he instead reduced our bill. This was very nice, but waiting 15 or more minutes to talk to a waitress, having to ask every time a water glass needed to be filled, etc gets irritating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outtdoor dining!VinceDined on 8/5/2014Beutiful evening so 2 of us ate outside on the terrace. The Maryland crab soup was great and the crab cakes were up there with the best I have had in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manor style diningdaradaDined on 7/31/2014Feel like a socialite, while dining at The Manor Tavern. I had the lump meat crab cakes and they were delicious, as well as "The best chocolate cake" for dessert. Excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing 1st year anniversary!VickyandRobertDined on 7/26/2014Having made plans to dine at the very restaurant, at the very table, that we had our very first date, was more than special. On Manor Tavern's website the reservations were easy and when asked if I wanted flowers ordered and delivered at the table, how romantic would that be? In doing so I was asked to call the restaurant to inform them of the order and mentioned the it being our 1st year anniversary. Every staff member made the occasion special. Each came by and wished us a happy anniversary. From the complimentary glass of Champaign to our anniversary desert, made the occasion more special than I ever could have scripted. Thank you for an amazing anniversary to remember. Fabulous food and terrific people. Great Job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Hangout that never disappointbmoremd123Dined on 7/24/2014Been coming here for a long time, and I have never had a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptionalKarenDined on 7/21/2014This was the first time we've dined on the patio which faces the parking lot. Don't let that turn you off because you can view their vegetable garden which is also beautifully decorated. They have really stepped up the menu, great choices but yet not the small portions most restaurant's are turning to. We will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and outside seatingNibob13Dined on 7/21/2014We sat outside and had a great meal. The ribs in Woodford BBQ sauce were great and my companions had burgers, salads and seafood dishes and everyone raved about the food. Service was good and our waitress was knowledgable about the menu. Overall had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Dining ExperienceTheBigCatDined on 7/13/2014I go to the Manor Tavern when I want to have a quiet dining experience. The service is always prompt and attentive and always extra friendly. The food is always prepared to perfection and there's a big variety to chose from. I'm always pleased with a visit to the Manor Tavern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening!TabithaVIPDined on 7/12/2014We ate at the Manor Tavern on a very sultry evening, choosing to eat inside instead of in the heat on the porch. The room was almost filled, but conversation was quite comfortably done. I highly recommend the Fried Green Tomatoes Oscar--nicely fried tomatoes with abundant lump crab meat and a sprinkling of asparagus tips. Excellent! My soft crab special had two medium crabs, sauteed nicely, but they were on a MOUND of quinoa with squash and zucchini pieces. I like quinoa and appreciate the healthy touch, but cut the amount by 2/3.
- Deene3Dined on 7/8/2014Totally enjoyed our dinner, my husband got the beer chicken which was fantastic!!! I ordered the special of two soft crabs over a squash mix, that also was fantastic!!! I can't wait to go back !!! Our server, Lee, could not have been any better, great service!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DickVIPDined on 7/7/2014Very well managed rural restaurant in horse country. crab cakes are excellent!Special Features:
- sheknitDined on 7/5/2014We had not been to Manor Tavern in many years. We went with a group of friends. The service was excellant. Our waitress was attentive. The fried calamari was fabulous. The sauces were an ehancement but not necessary. I was a little disappointed as they were out of salmon (it was still relatively early, 7:30) so I ordered the crab cake. I have had better crab cakes elsewhere. They were bland. Others at the table loved their food which included gumbo, the pork chop and the eggplant sandwich. We would go back, but I would not order the crab cakes.Special Features:
- Lovely setting.CarolVIPDined on 7/5/2014Good food in a lovely setting. Looking forward to seeing the continued upgrades at The Tavern. The outdoor porch is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Tuesday Night For DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2014I've been a frequent visitor over the years to The Manor Tavern. Within the last year, I had a couple of disappointing experiences, which Shawn, the GM, took great pains to rectify and compensate for. My most recent visit was with a female companion. The service was wonderful, sitting at an outside table was very romantic on a less crowded weeknight, and the food was superb! Everything was perfectly prepared from the hot crab dip to the beautiful soft shell crabs, which was one of the specials. The crème brulee, which we shared was as good as one could ask for. It was a great dining experience! Jess BSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Locally grown productsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/24/2014Located in beautiful Monkton MD. Varied menu, good food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Love the Wild SalmonOperaFanVIPDined on 6/21/2014I absolutely love the wild salmon and the fresh ingredients in everything. Always very friendly service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014The staff is knowledgeable, the prices are reasonable, the food is excellent and the atmosphere in the winter with fireplace going is great. Shiner.Special Features:
- StartingOverDined on 6/8/2014Our evening at Manor Tavern was exactly what we expected - good food, attentive but not aggressive staff, quiet enough to be able to get acquainted. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Golden 50lovelunchDined on 6/8/2014We had our 50th wedding anniversary there on the 24th of May. Terry our coordinator did everything promised and supervised our entire event. We went to dinner, again to reaffirm how much we enjoyed our selves.Special Features:
- DinnerPattyBDined on 6/8/2014As ususal, the dinner we had was really good. The staff was pleasant, warming and very efficient in taking care of us. One of my favorite dishes is the Beet Salad which is always fresh and tasty. However this time instead of having a couple of sliced beets, the beets were thinly cubed and difficult to find. The Green Tomato Oscar was fabulous. Otherwise, everything else was perfect. Thank you for another fine dining experience and we will be back.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperiemcetheirishseaDined on 6/4/2014We had drinks at the bar outside on the porch, then went in to dine. My wife had soft crabs which was the seafood special. My sister-in-law had pork. I had the meat special for the evening: bison with mashed potatoes and Brussels sprouts. I had Prigel's homemade ice cream for dessert (a scoop of chocolate, a dip of cinnamon). The food is either raised or caught locally. The atmosphere is manor-like. The restaurant is in the Maryland Hunt Cup country. Have to say the service was timely, unobtrusive, friendly. Superb evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding again!1ManorTavernFanDined on 6/1/2014We really enjoyed being able to sit outside on their terrace. We indulged in the new menu which is divine! The crispy brussel sprouts and spinach & feta dip appetizers are a must try! Service was wonderful as always! The staff at The Manor Tavern is always so friendly & accomodating. And they are all so excited about all of the new improvements there! We walked thru their garden, which is a pleathora of greens & herbs that they are using in the kitchen. And don't forget to check out the bees! They added 2 bee houses this spring, which we are told that next year they will be using the honey in the kitchen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentFoodiesDined on 5/24/2014The food and wait staff are reliably top quality. Excellent ambience. Nice variety of seating. Various rooms, outdoors, bar.Special Features:
- The TavernMaterDined on 5/23/2014The Manor Tavern is a favorite of ours. The menu is great and the service is always above par! Their bar is also very nice if it's simply a beverage you seek (but you can eat there too)! Check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back!BarryVIPDined on 5/20/2014Everything about our (anniversary) was just about perfect. Our waitress and Karen, the hostess, could not have been more friendly and accommodating. The food was excellent and wine flights were well thought out. An absolutely delightful afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.