The Manor House Restaurant
9245 Rogues Road
Casanova, VA 20139Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
The Manor House Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.poplarspringsinn.com/
- Phone: 5407884600x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Wednesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Wednesday & Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kenneth Hughes
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Manor House Restaurant
A convenient fifty miles from Washington, DC and minutes from Historic Warrenton, VA, Poplar Springs welcomes you to a world of delectable American cuisine in the splendor of soaring stonewalls and arched windows overlooking the terraced lawn. The Poplar Springs field stone Manor House was built circa 1929 based on European design. The architectural marvel boasts an impressive great room with balcony seating and parlors on either side. Oversized fire places warm the amber & chocolate toned rock in the winter months and French doors leading to the flagstone terrace lend a cool breeze off the sparkling pond during the warmer season. Chef and Owner Howard Foer delights even the most skeptical palate with his artfully prepared and presented creations. Only the freshest ingredients are selected. The quality and flavor are declaration of Foer’s passion for food. For an extraordinary culinary experience The Manor House at Poplar Springs is just a short drive from where you are. Come Indulge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Manor House Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (16)special occasion (16)scenic view (14)fit for foodies (10)great for brunch (5)neighborhood gem (5)notable wine list (5)good for groups (4)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Worth the drive from DC!WannaBfoodieVIPDined on 9/13/2014Went here for a special "date night" with the husband--everything about this place is perfect (food, atmosphere, wine list) and the staff made our big night out feel very special. Great food and amazing desserts (order two so you can share). Only a 50 min drive from DC and worth every mile!Special Features:
- Outstanding - Exceeded ExpectationsBeachcaptainDined on 9/6/2014Blown Away! The Manor House is part of the Poplar Springs Inn and Spa and the entire property is truly outstanding - very serene and comforting. When you go you should consider making it a weekend or, at least, an overnight experience. The Manor House, a restored 1928 mansion, is very majestic and elegant. The dinner exceeded all expectations - a 5-star restaurant. Everything was perfect - food, service, atmosphere. The service was particularly outstanding. After dinner, we adjourned to the lounge where things were so restful we decided to spend the night in the Inn which was very elegant and relaxing. In all, an experience we will never forget and we will return again and again.......Special Features:
- Elegant, high-class DinnerMarkDined on 9/3/2014Wonderful experience - great service & atmosphere with excellent food in a superb, relaxing & romantic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Manor House RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014This was our second visit to The Manor House and it didn't disappoint. The caprese and cesar salads were very good and the presentations were lovely. The scallops were very tastefully prepared and beautifully presented. Although the filet mignon was very tender it did not have a lot of flavor and the presentation with artichokes and tomato seemed a little dull. (It would have been nice to have salt and pepper on the table.) We rounded off the meal with a delicious blue berry tart with an apricot sorbet.Special Features:
- Manor House Restaurant - Popular!RevorgsLinesDined on 8/22/2014We've been living in the area for 7 years and never knew this jewel of a place existed. Found it from an Amazon offer and couldn't be more happier. The food and atmosphere are great and "Nancy" our waitress was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOR COUPLESOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014Went with another couple for a nice evening out and the food was superb. Still working out some of the bugs with Service but they have only recently re-opened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dining Experience!mlorissaDined on 7/19/2014Dined for both dinner and brunch. The ambiance is incomparable! From the moment I entered the door, I felt like I was swept into a fairy tale setting. The high ceilings, fireplace and gorgeous outdoor views made it feel like we were dining in a royal country estate. A pleasant surprise was a complimentary chef sampling provided prior to the appetizer. I recommend trying the “pink poplar” signature drink. The homemade bread was delicious! I recommend the short rib appetizer, roasted chicken, the filet, and sorbets. The brunch was just as enjoyable. Try the salmon goat cheese omelet and crab cake benedict. A brunch buffet was offered along with the main meals and included pastries, smoked salmon, oysters, ribeye, shrimp and cheese.Special Features:
- A perfect eveninglivnlifeDined on 7/5/2014I was a little concerned taking friends for their 50th Wedding Anniversary to a restaurant that had opened just two weeks prior to our visit but I knew what a beautiful dining establishment it had been previously and took a chance. I could not have been more pleased. The food was marvelous, the menu offered a variety of items that would be pallet friendly for everyone. The staff was very attentive but did not hover. Both the Chef and owner stopped by the table to congratulate the anniversary couple. I would not hesitate to recommend Manor House at Poplar Springs to all my friends. What a special place for celebrating an evening with friends or just an evening out with that special someone. I can't wait for my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A world awaySharVIPDined on 7/4/2014You will feel like you are in a British Estate with beautiful grounds and a stone castle. The first surprise was the heavy wooden door which opens to a magnificent STONE dining room ~ complete with a giant fireplace and 30 foot ceilings. Velvet drapes bring extra warmth. The food was delicious...my filet was done perfectly and full of flavor. We tried some of their signature drinks and were pleasantly surprised. Went to the bar/lounge after dinner to have another. Outdoor seating is available and we saw a GIANT owl searching for his dinner. Spectacular setting! (You can also stay at the Inn and SPA!!!)Special Features:
- The new Poplar Springs Manor HouseMikeFDined on 6/27/2014Our experience in the newly reopened Manor House of Poplar Springs in Fauquier County, VA was outstanding! This once historic private stone Manor, situated in the heart in the horse country of VA, is an ideal setting for a relaxing evening. Add to that a staff that wants nothing more than to ensure your satisfaction, and a chef who treats each dish as it's his single masterpiece, both in taste and presentation. Adjacent to the main dining area is a grand bar with soft chairs and couches, and outdoor patio seating. It makes you want to get to the Manor house long before your reservation, or stay well beyond you're finished dinner, as we did. We very much look forward to our next visit for a meal, and to visit the spa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!FoodEEEDined on 6/20/2014What a great dining experience tucked away in the Virginia hills. Premium menu with a premium chef! The old, stone restaurant was a beautiful piece of history with a breathtaking view of rolling hills and streams. The food was out of this world, everything was 5-star quality and taste. We have had crab cakes, oysters, scallops, and lamb for main courses and each was the best I have tried anywhere. The baker's desserts were melt in your mouth delicious. Yes, you are paying a little bit more but I don't mind when it's of this quality. The staff was attentive to our every need as well. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful restauranttraceyDined on 6/11/2014The building and grounds are beautifal and worth the trip in themselves, but the service was charming and the food excellent. We'll be coming back.Special Features:
- The following 309 reviews are from the The Manor House Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great time!newdadDined on 11/1/2013Went here for my wife's birthday. First adult night out since we had our son 10 months ago. Great place in the middle of nowhere. The food was fresh and fantastic. We both got the 5 course meal. Only negative was the marshmallow they give to you with the check. Not a huge fan of the rose water in them. But overall, had wonderful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unimpressedunimpressedDined on 10/19/2013When the staff mentions that they've done too many weddings lately you know you've got trouble. I'm still not clear if they had a wedding going on that night - assuming they did and our service and experience suffered then its a major management issue. Went for an anniversary dinner, hoping for a nice foodie evening away as a couple. I don't think the lights could have been brighter or the staff less attentive. Food was good, but the courses took so long anything would have tasted good by the time they arrived. For the money this goes in the will not repeat category. If you are a couple that doesn't have a lot of times to take for yourself this is a risky bet.
- Goodbye Dinnerantzee2Dined on 10/19/2013We have been to the Manor House several times for dinner and this was not the best experience there. The food was outstanding. The service was lacking in attention to detail and the servers seemed less trained and very young compared to our past visits. We generally have 2-3 bottles of wine and enjoy the extensive wine list - however we were told after each bottle we ordered that it was the last one of the wine we had chosen, but the owner could run to his house and get one he had there if we wanted to wait a few minutes for it and it was the only Pinot Noir on the menu!! We were also told by our waiter that there was an upcoming change in management. We are nervous about taking a group to dinner there any time in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistency is Five StarsDinner42Dined on 9/7/2013We are consistently impressed with our dining experience at Manor House. Ambience, service, creative menu selection have always been top quality. I sense that the staff are all truly invested in providing their patrons with a memorable, enjoyable visit. This establishment will not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is painfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2013I hate to leave this review, I really really do. My wife and I have been to the Manor House previously and had an excellent experience. This past weekend was our 10th wedding anniversary and I wanted to do something special so I booked us dinner at the Manor House. The dinner was disaster. We were about 20 minutes early but were promptly seated. We received no bread initially, once we asked our waiter brought us some but it was stale. The food was really unremarkable, my wife's vegetables were burnt, and my drink was empty for most of the night. We sat in the main room which has an adjoining lounge that was hosting two large groups (over 30 people) and by the end of the dinner my wife and I couldn't hear each other. We won't be coming back.
- Nice spot but average food.LionPacDined on 9/6/2013All food up to the main course was very good. However, the New York Strip was very tough and the Ahi Tuna, asked for medium rare, was horribly over cooked. Not a bit of pink in sight. Prices were very high, which we don't mind paying, if the food is excellent. But it was not.Special Features:
- Consistently wonderfulGabeGDined on 8/31/2013Our pinnacle dining choice; always-perfect blend of great food, smooth/polished/helpful/friendly service; pleasant ambiance of wonderful/charming building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful weekend getawayEatoutgalDined on 8/23/2013This dinner was a perfect evening in our weekend getaway. The service was fabulous and the setting was quiet and romantic!!! I highly recommend this spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingTucker5Dined on 8/17/2013We went to Manor House to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. We were seated at a table meant for 6 near the piano player who seemed to think he was playing in a concert hall. There were romantic tables for 2 near the window but instead of sitting us there, the host said he would ask the pianist to play softer. The tuna was delicious but the scallops were gritty. The desserts were disappointing.
- Great evening!JGannDined on 8/10/2013Wonderful spot to celebrate a special occasion. Fantastic ambiance, very good service and very good food. Rooms in the Manor House were very cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening outWineandDineFolksDined on 7/26/2013My wife and I attended a win pairing event in July 2013. The evening was outstanding and we will defintely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manor house informationCandBDined on 7/18/2013Our waiter worked very hard for us...considering the fact that he was the only waiter in the place. The food was tasty - plenty of lump crab meat in the crab cake and the salmon was roasted well -mushroom tempura was greasy . Best was the fresh lemonade, refilled several times and the chocolate raspberry tart. When we asked to split the bill in half, our waiter automatically added a 15% tip. There were only two of us, so I am to assume that is the norm?. I would have left our waiter more, but, since it was done for us, we just signed and went. Our waiter had 4 tables of two (two of which had special needs) and one large group. Will I go back, yes - because this is not my first visit and I love the spa which is also on their property.Special Features:
- Always impeccable.WonderfulDined on 7/14/2013Coming here on our anniversary makes it extra special. The food is beautiful and delicious. The service is impeccable. It makes you not ever want to eat at a chain restaurant again. Wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryJoeeDined on 7/12/2013What a great dining experience. Food we excellent. We lived in Europe for seven years.........the chef at the Manor House exceeded anything we experienced during those seven years. Two thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, lovely surroundings,luv2dineDined on 7/6/2013Great Service, lovely surroundings, and the best food I have had since Inn at Little Washington!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trip Down Memory Lane ...Dinner42Dined on 7/4/2013The Manor House Restaurant is our favorite and always consistent place to go for an outstanding dining experience. Our July 4 visit was no exception. Added to the wonderful lunch and fine service was a test of drink mixology that resulted in a Singapore Sling that took us way back to our favorite club "back in the day." Do not hesitate to take a drive to the country. Avoiding traffic is always a benefit, plus lunch or dinner is top quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,service and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/21/2013Their dinner menu changed for the better from what was available on their web page. All food served was excellent and portions were generous. I tried going for their 5 plate prix fixe but had to leave it at 4 the same as my wife. Service was excellent and well paced. Excellent Virginia wine selection. Beautiful countryside drive. Great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was wonderful and ourOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/16/2013Food was wonderful and our server was fantastic! We had a wonderful Father's Day brunch and the drive to get there was lovely.Special Features:
- The Chef Continues to PleaseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2013We had eaten the previous night at The Manor House Restaurant at the Inn at Poplar Springs and were so pleased we returned tonight. In addition to the delicious food and the focus on local and organic, the little surprises the chef provides are delightful! As we had done the day before, we went to the lounge in the afternoon for wine and the chef's small temptations: savory and sweet. The small bites continued when we went to the restaurant, again at a great window table. The chef sent out a tempting morsel before the first course of the prix fixe menu (we chose 3 courses, which the staff let us split; there are 4 and 5 course options, too). Then in between courses, the chef provided a palate-cleansing bite. Out of room, but wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Country Road Leads To Fine DiningDinner42Dined on 6/15/2013The Manor House has earned our five star rating consistently. Food, staff, ambience, and hassle-free country drive never disappoints! We have enjoyed our visits every time and always look forward to making another Open Table reservation sooner than later. One recent impromptu visit was extra special since we were able to observe a joyous wedding celebration while enjoying lunch. What an unexpected treat that was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peace in the CountryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2013The Manor House Restaurant at The Inn at Poplar Springs surprised us in many ways. We started the experience in the late afternoon with a glass of wine and three complimentary temptations from the chef. Temptations are small bites, and we had one savory, one salmon, and one taste of dessert...just right for a small snack. Then, since we are early diners, we found ourselves nearly alone in the restaurant at 6 pm and scored the best window table looking out across the beautifully manicured grounds of Poplar Springs. The food was incredible! The prix fixe menu offers a choice of 3, 4, or 5 courses, and the staff let us split our choices to share. I'm out of room to rave more, but the chef's extras during the meal made the experience wow!Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyKimberlyVIPDined on 6/7/2013The location is nice and peaceful. There are other local places that would meet expectations. The presentation of the food was really nice. However it is not worth the price. We will not be going back.
- Alot of Food!Goodwell1Dined on 5/25/2013First time at manor house and I was definitley impressed. We both opted for the 5 course meal and we were filled to the brim by the time we left. This is the first time I ever eaten at a resturant of this caliber and left full, usually you leave still hungry. That is not the case here. The priceing is competitive for this style of resturant. The ingredients are fresh and presentation is thoughtful and the service was profesional but not stuffy. We will definitley come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out of the way, but worth itamooreVIPDined on 5/19/2013Creative menu, and everything we tried was great. A few lighter options would be a great addition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2013Quite the find in rural Virginia. We have lived 30 minutes away from this wonderful restaurant for over a decade and didn't realize it until I found it as an option for Mother's Day Brunch by searching for a nice restaurant with availability through OpenTable. After the great food, service, and ambience, this will now be one of our regular selections for fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manor HouseRosemaryVDayDined on 5/12/2013A beautiful gem in Virginia; GREAT service, decent prices but the food was delicious. Service was great also. A PERFECT restaurant to celebrate Mother's Day with my wife and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013This used to be my favorite restaurant. I spent over $200 to share the experience with my family, and was let down by the change in the menu to simpler cheaper fair at quality pricing.Special Features:
- Just perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/11/2013I can never say enough good things about the Manor House. This is one of the best restaurants in the DC area. The food and ambiance are pretty much unmatched. The service is wonderful as well. Love this restaurant!Special Features: