The Manor - Fine Buffet Dining
111 Prospect Avenue
West Orange, NJ 07052Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
The Manor - Fine Buffet Dining
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.themanorrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (973) 731-2360
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch*: 11:30am, 12:30 and 2:00pm;
Lunch: Wednesday*: 12:00pm - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Wednesday - Friday: 6:00pm - 8:30pm; Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Sunday Family Dinner Buffet*: 3:30pm - 4:30pm
*Indicates that Lobster is not available these times.
Wednesday Lunch Buffet: $28.95
Lobster Buffet Wednesday through Friday: $51.95 (Children 3 to 10: $24.95)
Lobster Buffet Saturday Night: $58.95 (Children 10 and Under: $29.95)
Sunday Brunch and Dinner Buffet: $41.95 (Children 3 to 10: $19.95)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Mitchell Altholz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Manor can accommodate 26 - 210 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Preston Postlethwaite 9733252060x
- Entertainment: Pianist nightly. Dancing, Friday and Saturday evenings to live music in Le Dome.
A word from The Manor - Fine Buffet Dining
Since its opening in 1956, The Manor has meant many things to many people. Elegant dining in The Terrace Lounge, their World-Famous Lobster Buffet, memorable weddings and other family celebrations, business meetings and dinners in their private dining rooms. Whether it be for an intimate dinner for two or a party of 200, The Manor has always been considered to be the premier establishment to make any event extra special. In addition, to The Manor's excellent cuisine and attentive service, you can stroll through beautiful gardens, walk past magnificent fountains or simply enjoy a romantic dance after dinner in Le Dome. The Manor is truly a multifaceted, total dining experience which you can enjoy anytime, turning any day into a celebration!Continued
No jeans or sneakers. Business Casual. Jackets Preferred
No jeans or sneakers. Business Casual. Jackets Preferred
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Manor - Fine Buffet Dining - Best Restaurants in West Orange ›
The Manor - Fine Buffet Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (71)romantic (39)good for groups (29)fit for foodies (18)great for brunch (17)scenic view (13)great for lunch (11)neighborhood gem (8)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Best Brunch in NJOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2014No other brunch, that I know of, delivers elegance, wide selection of delicious brunch items and superb service. Oysters were fresh and delicious. We preferred mushroom soup over lobster bisque. The seafood omelette was my favorite. Irish coffee made tableside was so entertaining and a lost art. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our expectations were too highNJDaveDined on 11/14/2014We thought this would be a very special night out, but the food had little flavor and a misbehaving two year old wandering through the buffet area during the whole dinner dashed those hopes. Perhaps the best food was the fried shrimp, but this was supposed to be a lobster buffet. The desserts were excellent, but I came for the soup, salads, and entrees, many of which were good, but not excellent. We left disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeeGee7777Dined on 11/9/2014This is a great establishment for dining and many other events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, lots of choices!Foodie2Dined on 11/8/2014The Manor offers choices in upscale buffet dining that is unparalled! The food is great and so are the choices! If you want to celebrate a special day with that special someone this is the place to be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014Ambiance was lovely. Room is well appointed. Presentation of the food was eye appealing. Selections were commonplace & ordinary for a restaurant of that caliber. Dessert table was generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Goodbjk16Dined on 10/30/2014I have dined at the Manor on many occasions. It never fails to please when it comes to the menu, buffet, service and ambiance. Lately, we have taken advantage of the Wednesday evening Lobster Buffet, and if you enjoy seafood, it would be difficult to find a dish or serving which you would not enjoy. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- seafood buffetDolphinsDined on 10/29/2014Servers were great along with the taste of the food. Unfortunitely as some buffets have it, the temperature of some of the food was barely warm. That included the lobster bisque,eggplant rollentini, paella to mention a few.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014Dress code was not enforced and many people dressed like slobs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014EVERYTHING WAS EXCELLENT I SURELLY WOULD RECOMEND YOUR ESTABLISHMENT GREAT FOOD GREAT SERVICE VERY PHOTO GENIC WAITERS WAS RIGHT ON THE MONEY WHEN IT CAME TO DO THEIRE JOB THE LOBSTER TAILS WERE A LITTLE SMALL BUT THE OVER ALL BUFFET WAS GREAT THE ESTABLISHMEN6T IS NEET AND CLEANSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot food cold and salad bar lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/22/2014I was disappointed the hot food was a little cold.
- No complaintsFoodluverDined on 10/19/2014Lovely experience great food. The ambience was lovely, and things ran pretty smoothly. There was little something for everybody in terms of options. I absolutely loved the lobster bisque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE MANORluvudranksDined on 10/18/2014Wide variety of food choices. something for ever one. The dessert bar was sinful.Not for the weight consious person, too tempting or you could go upstairs and dance it off all night under the stars in the beautiful Dome club upstairs.Special Features:
- okay, if you like buffetsTimmieVIPDined on 10/18/2014Should first say I am gnerally not fond of buffets. . . and this proved no exception. Have eaten several times at the Manor restaurant. The restaurant is far preferred for a quality, romantic dinner. Will not be returning.
- Lobster is the star of the buffethwnjDined on 10/8/2014For me, the steamed Lobster is the major attraction of the Seafood Buffet but other items are very good, too, such as the cold shrimp and the desserts. The Seafood Buffet at The Manor is my first choice for celebrating a special occasion such as a birthday or anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A BETTER EXPERIENCEMARTYDined on 10/4/2014THIS WAS A BETTER EXPERIENCE THAN MY LAST VISIT SEVERAL MONTHS BACK. NO WAITING FOR LOBSTER AND OF COURSE ITS A RELAXED, BEAUTIFUL ATMOSPHERE!Special Features:
- Buffet OutstandingNJDinerDined on 9/26/2014The Food at the buffet was top notch. Come hungry so you can try everything.Special Features:
- Buffet helpersnothappy50Dined on 9/21/2014I did not like to see your helpers pouring water from a dirty tin pan over the Shrimps which was set up by the ICE sculpture. I seen another worker tell him that he could not do that and he told him to mind his own business. and he walk away and shrugged his shoulders. I have been here twice before and something about that place on that day didn't feel warm.o it was my friend's birthday and I had requested for the staff to sing Happy Birthday. all the waiter did was come to the table and placed a plate with a piece of cake with a candle on it down on the table and just walked away, I got up and asked the waiter what happened to the birthday song he replied we don't sing happy birthday. He could have said HB that was kind of rude.Special Features:
- Amazing brunchTinkerbellVIPDined on 9/21/2014Food is never a disappointment. Unfortunately there was a large, rather loud party that was disturbing. Service was impeccable, as always.Special Features:
- First time experienceluvgoodfoodDined on 9/19/2014Heard a lot about The Manor, it's ambiance, it's food, however the experience says its all! Great place. The Mrs. loved it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhylVIPDined on 9/18/2014Absolutely fabulous. Elegant delicious unlimited lobster shrimps abundant seafood. Carvings desserts etc nothing was missing can't wait to teturnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSwimmerDined on 9/17/2014I have been to lobster buffet a few times years ago and loved it. Upon taking my sister and her husband to celebrate their 25th anniversary I was very disappointed. The shrimp felt and tasted as if it was frozen and defrosted. Previously their were pasta stations and this time were none. The dessert selection was minimal. I asked if the 25th anniversary could be acknowledged. They bought a dessert well after we finished our dessert. For the money I don't feel the buffet is worth it.
- Still StunningAwmullenDined on 9/13/2014I haven't been to The Manor in more than a decade. However, I couldn't think of a better place to celebrate my 40th birthday than The Manor. The restaurant is still stunning after all these years and left a lasting impression on my close friends. Thanks yet again for another memorable and enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!GordoDined on 9/13/2014The Manor is always great. I still have not actually gone to the restaurant with my wife (which I would love to do), but we have gone to the buffet numerous times. The food is always great and the service is fantastic. Even though it's a buffet you feel very well taken care of. We brought our one month old baby and they were kind enough to put us at a corner table as requested. I love the wine list. I also noticed that they serve quite a variety of wines by the glass as well.Special Features:
- Ambience has changedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Been here before with my husband and friends several times yrs ago. My niece is visiting from Australia and I thought it will be a good place for a last night together. A lot has changed - 3 piece clothing and no sandals for male was gone. it's more casual or very casual now. Even the servers are loud these days. The food is okay compared to before.Special Features:
- MarnyDined on 8/30/2014The food was excellent. I do wish however it was a little cheaper for the kids as they do not eat anywhere near $30.00 worth of food, come to think of it not even $10.00 worth of food. They don't need to serve french fries of chicken fingers as this is quality food. The pasta's and salads are good enought for the kids but they bailey eat so to go out with the kids here is a waste of money.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014has gone down hill Lobsters were not sweet and tough. Just not what it used to beSpecial Features:
- Great for LobsterApreciadorDined on 8/27/2014We enjoyed the lobster and the kids loved the many choices of desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special EveningrabbitDined on 8/27/2014A beautiful mansion, outstanding gardens, excellent food, professional/attentive staff--everything that would make a special occasion perfect and make us feel like honored guests was provided with grace and warmth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok He Is But going...........NapoletanoDined on 8/27/2014We are going at The Manor for over 20 years but our last visit was FAIR!! FOOD: Prime rib well over cooked,Pork chop ice cold and dry ,,Beef tender tasty but ice cold,and service was the worst ever ,also after 50 minutes at table waiter (twice)asked ready for coffee)an elegant way to say You have to go .......this was my first bed review for this place i may try again and when i told the mgr on my way out also about not even offer a hot towel as they usually do (especially eating lobster) and he said We still do he not even said SORRY he told me to wait to get one !!!!!!!!!!!!! I said no thanks and left !Special Features:
- BrunchluvbrunchDined on 8/24/2014It is pricey but has a good seafood selection. Food is adequate as far as taste and selection. Drinks are expensive. Nice outdoor gardens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy anniversary!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014Perfect place to celebrate our wedding anniversary every year, along with other special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Manor - Lobster buffetManorreviewDined on 8/15/2014From Friday Aug. 15, 2014. Eaten here many times before. Not sure why there was someone assisting on the lobsters area location. In the past the customers always helped themselves. Was disappointed in the food. Didn't seem fresh. Sorry but this is my honest review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would have been perfect iffineVIPDined on 8/7/2014would have been perfect except for soggy lobsters, and the waiter standing there counting on how much tip he got right in front of us. I gave 25% tip but I won't next time.
- ExcellentJosephDined on 8/7/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 38th wedding anniversary. We were accompanied by our son. it was beautiful mouthwatering experience. The service was fabulous and the ambience was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the best !!!NayyVIPDined on 8/1/2014I come at least twice a month !!!!!! Best brunch in east coastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just one bad nightFoodieDined on 7/31/2014I've been going to the manor since 1976 and this was the first time I've ever had anything to complain about. The lobster tails were dried out and tough and the lobster claws were raw and slimy. Everything else on the buffet was totally up to par, and fine. I guess after all of those years of perfection, it was due.Special Features:
- Manor lobster buffettoughbusinesstobein282828Dined on 7/31/2014Well its really a bargain, but I know they are reheating food from the day before. Lobster was dried out tough. Food in general wasn't very good. Husband had to run to the bathroom after eating the oysters. So maybe they weren't fresh either. Disappointed not going back.Special Features:
- The following 755 reviews are from the The Manor - Fine Buffet Dining reviews archive.
- Excellent as alwaysSuhaylaDined on 7/30/2014The food was excellent as always. I'm never disappointed when I come for the Wednesday buffet. I brought a few first-timers with me and we are now planning for the Lobster buffet. We'll see you soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very niceLeeagainDined on 7/26/2014If you have never been there, out is very nice. I have been going for years, it needs some shaping up as far as the interior. The rugs should be changed and the chairs in the buffet and ala carte rooms look old. Food was good some items were cool instead of hot. Could not eat any fruit from the dessert area due fruit flys. Overall my experience was very nice and if it is your first time you would think if is extra special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening at the Seafood BuffetColaDined on 7/25/2014Took a couple from Switzerland for their first time visit. It could not have been better.Special Features: