The Manor - Fine Buffet Dining
111 Prospect Avenue
West Orange, NJ 07052Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
The Manor - Fine Buffet Dining
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.themanorrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9737312360x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch*: 11:30am, 12:30 and 2:00pm;
Lunch: Wednesday*: 12:00pm - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Wednesday - Friday: 6:00pm - 8:30pm; Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Sunday Family Dinner Buffet*: 3:30pm - 4:30pm
*Indicates that Lobster is not available these times.
Wednesday Lunch Buffet: $28.95
Lobster Buffet Wednesday through Friday: $51.95 (Children 3 to 10: $24.95)
Lobster Buffet Saturday Night: $58.95 (Children 10 and Under: $29.95)
Sunday Brunch and Dinner Buffet: $41.95 (Children 3 to 10: $19.95)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Mitchell Altholz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Manor can accommodate 26 - 210 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Preston Postlethwaite 9733252060x
- Entertainment: Pianist nightly. Dancing, Friday and Saturday evenings to live music in Le Dome.
A word from The Manor - Fine Buffet Dining
Since its opening in 1956, The Manor has meant many things to many people. Elegant dining in The Terrace Lounge, their World-Famous Lobster Buffet, memorable weddings and other family celebrations, business meetings and dinners in their private dining rooms. Whether it be for an intimate dinner for two or a party of 200, The Manor has always been considered to be the premier establishment to make any event extra special. In addition, to The Manor's excellent cuisine and attentive service, you can stroll through beautiful gardens, walk past magnificent fountains or simply enjoy a romantic dance after dinner in Le Dome. The Manor is truly a multifaceted, total dining experience which you can enjoy anytime, turning any day into a celebration!Continued
No jeans or sneakers. Business Casual. Jackets Preferred
No jeans or sneakers. Business Casual. Jackets Preferred
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Manor - Fine Buffet Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (63)romantic (37)good for groups (30)great for brunch (15)great for lunch (14)fit for foodies (14)notable wine list (13)scenic view (9)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014It is pricey but has a good seafood selection. Food is adequate as far as taste and selection. Drinks are expensive. Nice outdoor gardens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy anniversary!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014Perfect place to celebrate our wedding anniversary every year, along with other special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Manor - Lobster buffetManorreviewDined on 8/15/2014From Friday Aug. 15, 2014. Eaten here many times before. Not sure why there was someone assisting on the lobsters area location. In the past the customers always helped themselves. Was disappointed in the food. Didn't seem fresh. Sorry but this is my honest review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would have been perfect iffineVIPDined on 8/7/2014would have been perfect except for soggy lobsters, and the waiter standing there counting on how much tip he got right in front of us. I gave 25% tip but I won't next time.
- ExcellentJosephDined on 8/7/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 38th wedding anniversary. We were accompanied by our son. it was beautiful mouthwatering experience. The service was fabulous and the ambience was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the best !!!NayyVIPDined on 8/1/2014I come at least twice a month !!!!!! Best brunch in east coastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just one bad nightFoodieDined on 7/31/2014I've been going to the manor since 1976 and this was the first time I've ever had anything to complain about. The lobster tails were dried out and tough and the lobster claws were raw and slimy. Everything else on the buffet was totally up to par, and fine. I guess after all of those years of perfection, it was due.Special Features:
- Manor lobster buffettoughbusinesstobein282828Dined on 7/31/2014Well its really a bargain, but I know they are reheating food from the day before. Lobster was dried out tough. Food in general wasn't very good. Husband had to run to the bathroom after eating the oysters. So maybe they weren't fresh either. Disappointed not going back.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysSuhaylaDined on 7/30/2014The food was excellent as always. I'm never disappointed when I come for the Wednesday buffet. I brought a few first-timers with me and we are now planning for the Lobster buffet. We'll see you soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very niceLeeagainDined on 7/26/2014If you have never been there, out is very nice. I have been going for years, it needs some shaping up as far as the interior. The rugs should be changed and the chairs in the buffet and ala carte rooms look old. Food was good some items were cool instead of hot. Could not eat any fruit from the dessert area due fruit flys. Overall my experience was very nice and if it is your first time you would think if is extra special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening at the Seafood BuffetColaDined on 7/25/2014Took a couple from Switzerland for their first time visit. It could not have been better.Special Features:
- Just okayMarkeyDined on 7/18/2014Most of the food was bland. Outstanding deserts, shrimp and cream of mushroom soup. They must hold a patent on the small lobsters they serve. Service was weak with no offer to refill my ice tea.yI would recommend this to a friend.
- Roni, New YorkRhondaDined on 7/6/2014I was initially apprehensive about the Manor due to the mixed reviews & I hadn't been there in 11 years. I took my Pastor (& best friend) to brunch for her 50th bday. It was excellent, although the prime rib could have been a bit more tender & seasoned. The turkey breast melts in your mouth. Excellent wait staff, beautiful decor & ambiance. The property is gorgeous. Great variety for brunch, a bit pricey but cool for special occasions! Kudos to the Manor for maintaining their reputation in a positive manner.Will definitely return & spread the word.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wednesday Lunch Buffetdk2786Dined on 7/2/2014My mom and I went for the Wednesday lunch buffet. While the people were nice and it was pretty, the food did not measure up. It was only ok. For the price, I could have gone to one of my favorite steakhouses and gotten the filet. The shrimp was meh, didn't seem too fresh and the rest of the food was decent, just not better than other buffet type places I have been.Special Features:
- not it used to beluv2eatDined on 6/26/2014I was very disappointed with the quality of the food. It was very exquisite and the quality of the food was great. Now, it seems like the place is a notch better than common Chinese buffet with lobsters. Very disappointed. Also, the lobsters were empty and had to wait till they bring it out. This was never a case before. The way I see it, the price goes up and the quality is down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the samefrogDined on 6/25/2014Our family has attended various occasions in this establishment for many, many years. From weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, etc. It was always among the best venues in NJ but that is not the case anymore. Service has remained the same but food has become ordinary and not prepared in the way it was. There is nothing special about it. Starting with the shrimps now being mediocre in size and soft to the desserts not having the incredible taste they once had. I guess like everything else once you have a name you think you can serve people food that is not great. Shame on them! They were once Number 1 but Nanina's has them beat by miles and miles.....
- royallenDined on 6/19/2014The lobster buffet is outstanding for that special event or occasion.......................Special Features:
- Fruit fliesFruitfliesDined on 6/18/2014My dining experience was less than satisfactory. There were fruit flies in abundance primarily around the desserts and salads. It made what should have been a fine dining experience feel more like a picnic. I expected more from The Manor. It made it especially disappointing as I was treating my girls out for having a great school year. Until this problem is resolved I would not recommend The Manor - Fine Buffet Dining.
- Attention to detail...MASHDined on 6/15/2014We've gobe. to rhe A la Carte here but never the buffet until it was thought of for father's day... my husband truly enjoyed the. treat with his girls. l personally was most imprssed with the manager taking time to consider my food allergy and walking me around the buffet to point out where food I'm allergic to was located. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is good Before was greatNapoletanoDined on 6/14/2014We were there several times but lately we getting poor service (still good )compare to a few years back which service was GREAT I got the wrong beer I told theserver but didnt offer to change and my wife found several shells in sea sood salad she showed to the server he said I WILL TELL THEM at least someone could come over i guuess they have great business and dont need to do that Food is always good but i noticed they have less choices but we still go back ! We went there 10 minutes before our reservation i used the mans room well (2 other customers were there)there were 4 spots for paper towel all empty at 5.50 so we used toilet paper to dry our hands at a place like The Manor shouldnt happen i'm sure 3 years ago could never happen !Special Features:
- FabulousTinabkDined on 6/12/2014The food was great the service was great and we had a baby with us. No problem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Special Occasion PlaceHLMarlboroDined on 6/7/2014With excellent food in "unlimited" quantity, this is where we go for anniversaries and birthdays, etc. The staff is extremely accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but not what it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/6/2014Beautiful and elegant place. However, I noticed the food quality and selection is not what it used to be. I used to go there and have a hard time deciding what to eat because everything was sooo good. Now I have a hard time finding enough selection to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The weddingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/4/2014We were guests at a wedding, 1980, when we got married in 1982, where did we have our wedding? That's right, The ManorSpecial Features:
- Outstanding2good2beforgottenDined on 6/1/2014A complete experience of the finest kind! Ambience was excellent, the Sunday brunch menu and selection was amazing and the food continued to come even though we were the last seating group for brunch. Desserts were delicious and lovely. You could tell they were made fresh and homemade. Our table was lovely for the 7 of us and the kids had a great time choosing their own items. The servers were terrific and friendly and accommodating. They truly went the extra mile to make this special birthday event special for us all. I've been to other brunch buffets where the food selection was much less and usually cold...nothing like that at the Manor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingfeldieDined on 6/1/2014We've been to The Manor buffet many times in the past. This year we went to celebrate our anniversary expecting stellar quality on all levels. We were disappointed to say the least. The service was abominable, i.e., waiter was nowhere to be found when needed, dirty dishes piled up on our table, on and on and on. I could excuse this if it was extremely busy, but there were many empty tables. The food was mediocre at best. We went for the 12:30 seating on a Sunday. The eggs benedict were practically inedible. They had an odd plastic-like taste, as if they had been near cleaning fluid! Many of the dishes were not hot, some foods had an "off" flavor. The desserts were fair. Unfortunately, we won't go back.Special Features:
- JohnnyJohnnyDined on 5/31/2014This was my first time dining at the restaurant and I was very impressed with the entire experience. I am looking forward to dining there again soon.Special Features:
- DisappointedMAC1VIPDined on 5/31/2014We have been here many times and I think the food is not the same quality as before. Food was just OK. Also we made our reservation a month prior and our table was not ready.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for special occasionsshoes419Dined on 5/31/2014visited saturday night for my sisters 50th birthday patrice and david were so attentive- without me even asking they decorated a plate that said happy 50th birthday and sang for her - i thought that was so special to do - great place great food - such a great place to go for a special celebrationSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014Very disappointed in two of the buffet entrees the breaded fried shrimp were burnt and the mushrrom raviioli was under cooked and the fiilling was dry both were inedible and should have not been served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MARTYDined on 5/28/2014I have been been singing the praises of their remarkable Lobster Buffet for as long as I can remember but on this visit "remarkable" met "unremarkable". Long waits for the lobster which were inconsistent and chewier than in the past...not their finest performance!! Please bring back the Manor I know and love!! Thanks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchjoy1329Dined on 5/28/2014Always a delicious , sumptuous lunch. The Manor is in the midst of renovation, but your time there is not at all affected. It will be an even better-looking place, with the usual fine food.Special Features:
- Great BuffetCoach72Dined on 5/24/2014I read about the Lobster Buffet and decided to give it a try. We had a great time! There were enough options to keep it interesting and not overwhelming. The dessert options were awesome. Our dirty plates were removed quickly and the staff was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Seafood BuffetSagesseDined on 5/23/2014The seafood buffet never disappoints seafood lovers. We ate our way through every preparation of shrimp, crab, oysters, and lobster tails. But that's not all. Several pasta dishes looked tempting and we couldn't resist the carving stations with prime rib, turkey, and ham. But how to leave room for the dessert buffet with fabulous cakes, flan, and sorbet? On the con side, be prepared for pricey cocktails at $12.00. Also, we were surprised to see a few men in jeans/chinos despite the dress code.Special Features:
- Consistently fantasticRichTDined on 5/17/2014Food always fantastic with tremendously attentive and courteous staff! Have been patronizing this fine establishment for 20+ years and the experience gets better with each visit.Special Features:
- The ManorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014Food was very good. Very nice buffet. Not much on a selection, including salads. Full bar and a incredible wine list. Service was ok, had to wait a little because it was busy.Special Features:
- IF I HAD TO IT ALL OVER AGAINGreedyDined on 5/10/2014THIS PLACE WAS GREAT AND MY FRIENDS LOVED IT,ARE WE COMING BACK OH YES, I AM A PROMOTORSpecial Features:
- The Manor BuffetHockeycop1Dined on 5/10/2014Went to the Manor the night before Mothers Day. The food was very good and the selection was fine. The only negative was that I was very surprised to see that they were not sticking with the dress code. I always thought that it made the Manor special. I was in a beautiful room and saw 3 males dressed in flowered and other casual shirts, no tie or jacket. The evening was still great but I always enjoyed the formal feel that the Manor had. All else was great and I will absolutely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice timeFood123Dined on 5/9/2014The food is good and you do get unlimited amounts of lobster!! Staff is very friendly as well! A nice place for special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Seafood RestaurantKeishaDined on 5/8/2014This place was great! The services was great! Everything was right on point (food & services). It wasn't even too crowded. Best lobster fest everSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.