The Mango Tree Restaurant
118 North Atlantic Avenue
Cocoa Beach, FL 32931Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Mango Tree Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mangotree-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 3217992600x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday Only: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Luca Filadi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Wednesday night dining and dancing with DJ John Nopper and vocalist Tenor Raul Cabanillas. Friday and Saturday night guitarist Tom Hueston.
A word from The Mango Tree Restaurant
Contemporary Italian cuisine made fresh daily with only the highest quality ingredients. Chef Filadi searches locally, nationally and internationally for the best of the best for all of his ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Mango Tree Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Cocoa Beach ›
The Mango Tree Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (25)special occasion (21)neighborhood gem (13)fit for foodies (13)notable wine list (10)good for groups (7)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- We enjoyed our experienceBrewerVIPDined on 10/5/2013We enjoyed our experience at The Mango Tree and will return.Special Features:
- Good experiencevidsDined on 10/3/2013A good overall experience. Food, service, ambiance, all very good.Special Features:
- Consistence ObviousImimpressedDined on 10/3/2013I ate dinner here in July with my son, a trained chef and executive chef at the Renaissance Hotel in Philadelphia, and his friend. He still talks about the culinary and service excellence. Recently, I brought a visiting friend for lunch. We were both suitably I impressed with every bite, including the Sonoma County merlot (2008). I can't sing the praises of The Mango Tree enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedgamjamDined on 10/2/2013I have eaten many times at The Mango Tree and enjoyed it..........I was so disappointed this time.....The entrée a Steak Salad........had no lettuce.....the meat was marinated and was not tasty. It was a very slow night for the restaurant and the waitress was very anxious for us to finish. Our reservation was for 7:30 ...we had a glass of wine and she came over to us at least 3 times for us to place our order.....we would have ordered dessert but would could tell she was anxious for us to leave. She was courteous but it was embarrassing because I had recommended this restaurant and I felt it was not a good night at all.Special Features:
- Excellent AnniversaryKnowfinediningDined on 9/20/2013We wanted to check out the new Mango Tree for our 29th anniversary. We were greeted by a very friendly hostess who immediately wished us a happy anniversary. We enjoyed a quiet drink at the bar and enjoyed a live guitarist. Perfect volume. Sweet tone. Perfect song selection and execution. Very polished and well trained wait staff. The beef carpaccio with black truffle was exquisite with the truffles shaved and flavorful. I ordered the red snapper on black rice entrée (a special) and the bride ordered a spinach ravioli (Pansotti “Guiseppe Verdi” (see the menu)). Snapper was beautiful. Nice filet, well seasoned and cooked, and perfectly matched with the black rice and sauce. Wow, Great evening. Fine dining at it's best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved allOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2013Loved it all ! We had lunch and it was special the food , service, and staff over the top as well! We have told friends we need to come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wednesday nights are the best!!!ShellislandVIPDined on 9/18/2013Wednesday nights are the best!!! Music, dancing, good wine, great food what else do you need for a wonderful night out!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local customerWinedebDined on 9/14/2013Authentic Italian cuisine. Pasta was perfectly prepared. Fish pecial was wonderful. Nice atmosphere with guitar player.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food as ArtMuglyWumpleDined on 9/13/2013While by no means inexpensive I have no regrets as the food and service were exceptional. It was everything one would expect from a restaurant where food is treated as an art form. Next time I'm going for the full Italian 5 courses.Special Features:
- Well HiddenRVerVIPDined on 9/7/2013Unless you know where it is you would drive right by this quaint looking family house as we have done many times but within is an outstanding restaurant in all respects. Extremely friendly make you feel right at home type with an outstanding chef. If you haven't experienced the Mango Tree put the address in your car navigator and go, you will love it as we do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a Word...AwesomeLovesCocoaBeachDined on 9/4/2013I coordinated my visit via e-mail...requesting a suitable table for an intimate dinner date with a new lady friend a couple days in advance...and was given a couple of options for seating. When we arrived at the restaurant, we were shown those options and chose a table in a relatively quiet part of the restaurant. Only issue we had was that it was a Wednesday night, so live and recorded music were being played as couples danced. Initially a bit loud... but quieted down and became more classy romantic melodies shortly after our arrival. Acceptable. The food was amazing. Bread before the meal was very good, and the main courses were amazingly tender and delicious. HIGHLY recommend... My date went well...and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Lovely AtmosphereTravel4funDined on 8/27/2013We recently dined at the Mango Tree Restaurant with a group of nine during the week. The restaurant couldn't have been more accommodating, the service was good, but we did feel a bit rushed. In all fairness to the restaurant, we were very late for our reservations, and they do close earlier during the week. All in all the experience was great, and the food was delish! The beet salad, and the scallop appetizer are a must! The skirt steak and the spinach ravioli were also big hits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rip OffexpdinerDined on 8/27/2013As soon as I walked in, i recognized why after going to Cocoa Beach for the last 20 years, i hadnt heard about this place. Everytown ( city ) has one, an overpriced restaurant where Food is supposed to be gourmet, and service is worth the wait. Reality is everything on the menu was mediocre at best, even Ceaser Salad and Bread were below average. Prices were ridculous including a whopping $56 for a Veal Chop plate on the specials list. Gimme a break, in a town whose average dinner price is $10-$15 / person - if your going go charge $56 for a plate - you should have the integrity to disclose it. Ordered a glass of red wine, and the waiter took it upon himself to bring most expensive. For a better experinece go to Fat Snook.
- Best bang for your buckAfoodieDined on 8/24/2013Great Ambiance, Sublime food(try the duck), and great service what more could you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulTerkyDined on 8/24/2013Great food, service and atmosphere! They made our anniversary very special! We were extremely saddened when it closed a while ago but it re-opened better than ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mango Tree was recommendedEllynDined on 8/23/2013Mango Tree was recommended by a friend. So wonderful. Food was unique but not too extreme . Atmosphere was lovely. Will go back whenever I am in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Molto bene!silverbuffaloDined on 8/22/2013It was like fine dining in Italy. The atmosphere and setting were like being there. Good service and excellent food. It is expensive but one has to pay for the creative artistry of Luca Filadi. My wife and I had Salmone alla Piastra. I plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceMadparkresDined on 8/17/2013Our waiter was horrible. Completely inappropriate level of professionism for the menu prices. He knew nothing about the specials, or even the regular dishes. And his knowledge of the wines on the menu was limited to a basic white wine goes with fish understanding. The food was good (although very rushed, with pasta dishes coming out with appetizers and entrees coming out before we were through with appetizers) but mainly I was left with a bad taste in my mouth from having to deal with him, especially considering cost. Totally ruined the experience.
- So glad it re-openedMarjieWDined on 8/15/2013We had been here twice years ago then it closed. It re-opened last year and we finally got back to try it. I started with the mango martini which was simple and good, not a sugary cocktail called a martini as in some places. The salmon butter for the bread was very rich but an interesting option over the oil. The pastas were cooked perfectly al dente, the sauces good. We both tried the evening special, cobia with roasted tomatoes and olives. It was good though I'm not a fan of the fennel. Thankfully it wasn't overwhelming. It came with a delicious black rice. I should have passed on the creme brulee. The custard was skimpy and the sugar not fully melted. The wait staff kept water glasses filled and dishes cleared. We will return.Special Features:
- Cocoa Beach gem!SWJKPADined on 8/10/2013An 'upscale' yet unassuming place! The friendliness and attentiveness of the owner and staff were incomparable. Thank you! We were seated in the Art room which had walls covered in various genres. Great conversation ensued at the table as we each described why we chose a certain piece. Also, that evening there was a guitarist whose renditions of the music added another delightful layer to our dinner. I ordered the beef filet which was cooked to perfection and very succulent. My dining companions enjoyed salmon spring rolls and the duck. Again, these were perfectly prepared. Desserts were the Tira Misu, Pineapple slices and coconut ice cream, and ricotta cheese cake-all delectable in their own right! Don't miss this Cocoa Beach gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. Atmosphere okOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2013The good news is the food was fantastic. The bad news is the waiter was a little stuffy for my taste and (not their fault) the table behind us was so ridiculously loud we could not hear each other. The table wobbled and when we asked to be moved the waiter seemed as if it was an imposition even though he said he would move us but that the tables were all the same. That being said we would go back for sure for the food. The Lobster Bisque and the Salmon were exceptional.Special Features:
- You will be amazedjtoshDined on 8/8/2013This is a restaurant for people who really like great food. The sauces are from heaven. Food is highest quality and presentation is a delight to the eyes. The portions are generous but not obscenely so. A must experience if you are anywhere near.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service and the food wereLennieDined on 8/8/2013The service and the food were great. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- SUBLIMEMangoTreeLoverDined on 8/3/2013Went for anniversary - SOOOO pleasantly surprised! One of top 3 meals EVER in LIFE for both of us!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are very impressed to enjoyAudooDined on 8/2/2013We are very impressed to enjoy the quality of food,service and ambiance in Cocoa Beach. It is surely a "return to " dining experience. Thank s to all involved. ATDSpecial Features:
- Not your average beach restaurantRVerVIPDined on 7/26/2013Mango tree, and this is third time we have been there, was even better than before. Food was superb and service outstanding. Some might say a little pricey for a beach type restaurant but when you put it all together it is worth it. Waitperson was extremely knowledgeable of specials and wine list. Never had to pour a drop of wine myself yet he was careful to not force us into two bottles making sure there was enough while waiting for the entre. We certainly will go back again.Special Features:
- Just a super nightDisappointedDined on 7/23/2013Everything was perfect, had a few drinks before sitting down for our meal, the drinks were great and the bartender was very friendly. Our waiter was great and answered every question we had about the food/menu. The service was first rate. The best part was the meal, the food ranks in the top 5 meals my wife have ever enjoyed. We have been married 43 years and have traveled a great deal, so rating in the top 5 in a real accomplishment .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- uneven foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2013If you go after reading this, order specials only, drink wine only and you be happy. Order drink from bartender you get flavorless beverage. Order from regular menu, you get salt and alot of it. This place not worth the prices they charge.Special Features:
- Went for my boyfriend's 27thArielDined on 7/16/2013Went for my boyfriend's 27th birthday. Sat in the "garden room" with beautiful decor, it was very elegant. Specials were very good, as well as the rest of the food. Their pasta is homemade, good selection of beer and wine. Lobster ravioli was a hit. A very well fine dining place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A welcoming suprisemangiamamaDined on 7/6/2013My husband 3 children and I went to The Mango Tree Restaurant for an early Saturday dinner. There is no kids menu BUT, the staff is so very accommodating at providing child options/portions. The food was delicious, waitstaff was excellent and the ambience was perfect. We sat in the Garden Room with a view of a patio. Would highly recommend this restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience - delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2013I just wanted to commend The Mango Tree Restaurant for an outstanding experience my family and I had on July 5th. The food was outstanding, our server, Alan, knew exactly what he was talking about in terms of suggestions on what to order. The music was terrific and the desert, well, there is none better in Cocoa Beach. I would recommend this dinning experience to anyone interested in having a great time and food second to none.Special Features:
- The Best in Cocoa Beach!foodietoodieDined on 7/5/2013Amidst the highway and many chain restaurants in the town of Cocoa Beach lies a small, elegant restaurant. If you want the BEST food in Cocoa Beach, head to The Mango Tree. The atmosphere was cozy and lovely. The restaurant was beautiful. Our hostess (the wife of the chef), sat us in a private corner where our romantic, delicious meal began. Our server, Michael, was friendly, funny, knowledgeable and just plain fabulous. Our every whim was attended to. The tuna tartare was excellent as was the gnocchi as apps. I cleaned my plate of the lamb shank and my guy got the special...a veal chop which was enormous. He never finishes his meal, yet he cleaned his plate. The veal was worth the $56 price tag. Dessert also fabulous..pana cota.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special eveningFamilyDined on 7/2/2013We came for my daughters 18 th birthday. The food was very good. We had the grouper special, the fish was cooked to perfection with a light and flavorful mango type salsa. It was accompanied by a small salad that too was very good. I thought the prices were very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I expected more....bradVIPDined on 6/29/2013This place was fine, but I expected better. The ricotta gnocchi was a bit odd...they were the size of golf balls. They looked more like meatballs then gnocchi.
- Great ExperienceRichDined on 6/21/2013We were in Cocoa Beach for a weekend and picked the Mango Tree at random. Lucky we did, it was great. The waiter made good recommendations and the food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waste of hard earned money1magazineDined on 6/14/2013We were so excited to eat here because we hadn't made it to the Mango Tree before the closed a few years back and when they reopened we couldn't wait. Well the excitement didn't last long, the waiter was unprepared and stumbled through every conversation. The tuna appetizer was chopped up so small it was hard to tell if it was tuna or ham, given the fact it was topped with about 1/2 cup of yogurt and some cucumber. The veal chop for $58.00 was a disappointment as well as the sides that came with it. My ravioli was very very oily. When our bill arrived we had charges from the table next to us on it.Special Features:
- A nice and quint place to go.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/13/2013This place was fantastic. Went there for my 40th birthday with my dad and stepmom. I can not believe I did not go earlier. The staff was incredible the food was worth the price. Our server Alan was the best and he kept meeting our needs and was always there. They made you feel at home. Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/7/2013Excellent food. Attentive service. A real asset to the area.Special Features:
- Don't let outside fool youRVerVIPDined on 5/31/2013Inside is a beautiful, white table cloth super restaurant. Extremely friendly reception, bar service, and continuing dinner service. Food is outstanding and just different enoughy to tempt your interest. Can't remember when we have gone to a neighborhood type restaurant where even the patrons were friendly, spoke3 to you in welcome and even made room for you at the bar. Just a great place to have a super supper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place. Went on a WednesdayFoodieGuysVIPDined on 5/29/2013Nice place. Went on a Wednesday night and they had a singer. The singer was very loud and a little unpleasant. Recommend not going when they have entertainment.