The Mango Tree Restaurant
118 North Atlantic Avenue
Cocoa Beach, FL 32931Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Mango Tree Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mangotree-restaurant.com/
- Phone: (321) 799-2600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday Only: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Luca Filadi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Wednesday night dining and dancing with DJ John Nopper and vocalist Tenor Raul Cabanillas. Friday and Saturday night guitarist Tom Hueston.
A word from The Mango Tree Restaurant
Contemporary Italian cuisine made fresh daily with only the highest quality ingredients. Chef Filadi searches locally, nationally and internationally for the best of the best for all of his ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Mango Tree Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Cocoa Beach ›
The Mango Tree Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
romantic (20)special occasion (19)fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (11)notable wine list (9)good for groups (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wonderful experiencededekeDined on 4/3/2014Second time at the Mango Tree and it was just as enjoyable as our first. Food is excellent, well presented, our waiter was excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a pleasant surprise!EKEMVIPDined on 4/1/2014Out of town on vacation and didn't really know the local restaurants very well. Some internet searching lead us to Mango Tree. If you are in the Cocoa Beach/Melbourne area it is a no brainer. Food was outstanding. My son orders his steak well done and I have never seen a steak perfectly well done before. My husband and I got 1/2 portions of a pasta, (made fresh daily no less). The spinach/filet and lobster ricotta raviolis were outstanding. The wine list was perfect. There were interesting wines (not extensive) for a reasonable price. We ordered a bottle of a French Gris Reserve and it was outstanding. The service was spot on. The after dinner coffees were also spot on. When you go ask to sit in the garden room.Special Features:
- excellentmustchrVIPDined on 3/28/2014The food and service were excellent and the quality amd selection were excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the lobster bisque!Bluebird7908Dined on 3/24/2014The lobster bisque is amazing. The spinach ravioli was excellent! The rest of the table loved their meal as well, high praises for the lobster ravioli, salmon, and the swordfish special. We look forward to returning when we are back in Cocoa Beach!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in Cocoa BeachMax76Dined on 3/15/2014Truly outstanding. Best restaurant in Cocoa Beach and beyond. Been there 3 times and will be returning many times more.Special Features:
- Food outstanding-Service eh!!!DadWizDined on 3/10/2014Finding Mango Tree on Open Table was a surprise considering the area is not exactly a hotbed of fine dining. We took some visiting friends who love dining out and appreciate a good meal. First and foremost the food was outstanding. The lobster ravioli is incredible. A cheese cart before dinner w/different cheeses from Italy was a pleasant & delicious experience And because of the food we will go back without question. The service on the other hand left a lot to be desired. Our main server seemed disinterested. Orders came out wrong. Whisked away without so much as an I'm sorry. Vegetable sides (which were delicious) were brought out half way into the meal. And the bills had to be corrected twice. Still look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rebirth of a Great RestaurantSteveRDined on 3/1/2014The Mango Tree has long been a land-mark at Cocoa Beach, being in the historical Cottage Area District. We were disappointed when it had closed its doors several years ago, but it as reopened, with new management, with North Italian Cuisine. We have food the "New" Mango Tree to be as good or perpas better than the original. The food was excellent and well presented. The waiters were always there, but never intrusive. Any requests that we had were immediately granted. I, had the Free Range Chicken which was excellent. My wife and one guest had the Veal Chops which was also excellent. One of our other guests had the Filet which he stated, "was out of this world." Overall, a bit pricey, but an excellent restaurant for a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably among the best in the areadinerVIPDined on 3/1/2014We enjoyed The Mango Tree and didn't see many other places in the area that would have appealed to us. There are a few different rooms in the restaurant and each looked very nice. Very nice atmosphere. We sat in the back by the windows, which overlook a small "pond". There is entertainment in the middle room. Food was very good, service was a little slow, but pleasant. I'd recommend The Mango Tree if you are going to be in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maybe next timsdcwlhDined on 2/20/2014Food was very good to excellent. The restaurant was badly understaffed. I was told that they base staffing solely on the number of reservations for a given evening. As I own a large restaurant, I fully understand staffing requirements. In this case they staffed for far less than they actually had. I find it hard to understand basing solely on reservations and not taking walk-ins into consideration. This is especially true as we tried to have dinner the night prior only to be told they were sold out. It is far easier to have extra staff on duty that can be cut if not needed than to have a great product ruined by far less than stellar service! It would have been nice for the Dining Room Manager to at least offer an apology!Special Features:
- Glad we discovered this gem.AngelVIPDined on 2/19/2014Glad we discovered this gem. Enjoyed the chef's creative genious. Not your usual Italian cuisine but much better! We will come back when we return to Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When I go on vacation I typicallySEMEVIPDined on 2/18/2014When I go on vacation I typically try restaurants on account what open table restaurants are avao able, and this was beat experience. The food was amazing. My fami y had steaks which cut like butter. I had fish. Everyone was I, pressed with their sides. All had different salads and each was terrific. Desertt was great, from cheesecake to homemade ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walked into wonderfulCommandereatsDined on 2/17/2014The greeting was sincere. The server a true professional that made the experience more enjoyable. The food was exceptional. We'll go back the next time we're in Cocoa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DinnerDaStonemanDined on 2/15/2014Perfect evening at the mango tree, food and staff were amazing . The food was very good :)) Such a great NightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romantic restaurantseahorseDined on 2/15/2014Great romantic restaurant - lovely dining experience with attentive service to match. Thank you for providing other dining alternatives on Cocoa Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencededekeDined on 2/13/2014We went to the Mange Tree on the recommendation of a local. We wanted an excellent restaurant to celebrate a 75th birthday. We asked for a quiet table. The restaurant did a great job, table was off in a corner and when we were seated the hostess appeared with a beautiful long stemmed rose to mark the occasion. We started with the lobster ravioli which was succulent. Then we both went for the Fillet Mignon on a spinach and potato puree. One of the best steaks we have ever eaten. Cooked to perfection. We did no have dessert as were satiated. We fully intend to return to the restaurant in the next couple of weeks. We highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeTomSDined on 2/8/2014Excellent dinner. Very professional service from all staff. Visible kitchen but no prep noise. A veal chop to die for. Simple interior that's totally appropriate without being over-decorated. Discreet live music suitable for dining. The best table service I have experienced on the space coast. I cannot recommend this highly enough. Upper moderate prices were a match for the food and dining experience. A gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the restaurantPhotogirlDined on 1/31/2014I had the fish special which was wonderful with a delicious sauce. My husband had the ravioli which was to die for. The wait staff was excellent. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ambience make the placegoodeats2014Dined on 1/30/2014The ambience is what makes the Mango Tree, after being a resident of the area and a long time patron, the ambience is what brings me back. Some of the wait staff can be short, particulary a sesoned male server. The food is good but portion size can be questionable, otherwise it is good.Special Features:
- Special Dinner for TwoPhillyNBDined on 1/28/2014I chose this restaurant to celebrate my wife's birthday. We were both impressed, from the red rose brought to our table as we sat down to the string band playing fun/theme music in the background to the attentiveness of the service staff. The food was outstanding in quality and taste. We never felt rushed and were encouraged to linger and listen to the band after dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent experienceThesweetnessDined on 1/18/2014Lovely environment with excellent food. We sat in the Garden Room, which was romantic and smaller than the main area. The lobster ravioli had gorgeous chunks of lobster. The ceasar salad with roasted romaine was unexpectedly delicious. A wonderful place to go for a leisurely night out.Special Features:
- A great experienceGerardHarbisonDined on 1/10/2014We went there for my wife's birthday. Despite its unostentatious exterior it's a first rate Italian restaurant. Service was impeccable, food fresh, interesting, impeccably prepared, and delicious. They had a fresh long-stemmed rose for my wife. The wine was properly served. There was a good jazz guitarist playing in the background. Altogether a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was our first time experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/8/2014it was our first time experience there. We all agreed with fantastic. For having the opportunity to come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious! Not to be missed!Flyorkbtr123Dined on 1/7/2014This is a wonderful restaurant! The food is delicious, the service was excellent, and the ambience was perfection! What a gem! Do not miss this restaurant! We loved every bite!Special Features:
- Mango TreeJOELJOANDined on 1/7/2014The arugula salad was wonderful and should not be missed. We had to send the steak back as it was served medium well not rare. Ordered the pasta instead. It was good but not great. For Cocoa Beach this is considered a fine restaurant. As far as Italian restaurants go it is not in the league of fine Italian restaurants in big cities but is above the average to be sure.
- We are wintering in CocoaEcstaticDined on 12/31/2013We are wintering in Cocoa Beach from Wisconsin, picked this restaurant on line for our New Year's Eve dining....WOW it was such a fabulous night! We were so impressed and extremely happy with every part , the food was fantastic... Wonderful memory!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveLocalnessDined on 12/31/2013As usual food was awsome! But, I wish there was a New Year's Eve festive event. While we appreciated the soft music, there was not a lively atmosphere. We were hoping for dancing and a New Year celebration. Had to leave before 10:00 pm. Maybe next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A surprise, and a great treat!RisaFoodyVIPDined on 12/31/2013Wow. Finest dining in a settling I hadn't expected. This chef could compete anywhere. So raise your expectations and go enjoy. Each course was more special than the last, and the service is friendly and attentive. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local 5 star RestaurantJackieDined on 12/30/2013We've eaten at Mango Tree several times and always had delicious food and above normal service. You can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for dinner.TomKDined on 12/30/2013My wife and I went here for her Birthday. Upon arrival they gave her a fresh red rose making the initial impression very friendly. She had the blue crab soup which was mostly crab and was exceptional. We both had the grouper special and it was outstanding. They have a very nice wine list that offers many nice wines. We woul highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingGeorgeDined on 12/30/2013Better than most of the high price restaurants in OrlandoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013Finally a great place to take your wife and friends that is close. The food is prepared the way you order it and the taste is superb. Would I go there again you bet I will. You don't have to have reservations But I would recommend it. The wine list eventhough extensive needsm Moët Chandon added and maybe a California sparkling wine. Thanks so much for a great dining experience .Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/17/2013Our dining experience was wonderful! Everything is freshly prepared and presented beautifully! We enjoyed the spinach salad, lamb, cobia special, and tiramisu and white chocolate mousse. Our waiter was great and so was the service. Definitely a restaurant to dine in. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualVieraDinerDined on 12/11/2013We were dining with neighbors and chose the Mango Tree. It was excellent with exceptional food and service. The other couple complimented the server on the complementary rice ball started and was offered another. We did not know that Wednesday was dance night with a DJ but my wife was pleasantly surprised and had a dance for dessert. The only negative in my mind is the server did not give the price of the specials. The other couple announced they were treating and I was hesitant to order the special not knowing the price. All said and done we will return and the other couple are now fans of the Mango Tree.Special Features:
- The best in the areaFormerlyofMelbourneDined on 11/30/2013All food made in house (pasta, etc.) so fresh with great service. Having lived in Melbourne this is by far the best outside of Orlando and well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and experienceMrLeBeauDined on 11/26/2013Took my family of four to Mango Tree while on vacation. The food was amazing, the service was excellent and very attentive, and the ambiance was perfect. Our intent was to have one dinner during our vacation that where we dressed up nice and the kids (17 & 13) got to experience some low key fine dining. Mango Tree certainly helped us meet that intent. If I'm ever in the area again I would certainly return to Mango Tree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING ITALIAN FOODRICHARDVIPDined on 11/19/2013We were there on a weekday. The restaurant was not very busy. The food was outstanding, a cut above most Italian dishes. There was research in the blending of flavors. Service was good. A nice place to spend an evening and eat well. The wine list was comprehensive. Most wines were over $40. Food was reasonably priced for the quality.Special Features:
- You Can't Pick Your Neighbors...ChasRDined on 11/18/2013Our experience at the Mango Tree was exceptional. Our waiter was a true professional which was quite refreshing compared to visits at other "fine dining" establishments in nearby Cocoa Villiage. The food was outstanding from start to finish and the wine list was impressive. The ambiance was wonderful, with the exception of the nearby threesome that may have indulged in the wine and spirits a bit excessively. He just couldn't leave his politics at home and had to share his views with all of us. Turns out our table neighbors were the only flaw that evening. Overall we say well done Mango Tree, very well done. We look forward to our next experience there, which will be very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's Back!SliuggoDined on 11/15/2013And better than ever. The Mango Tree was once THE place in Cocoa Beach to dine and be seen. It faded, fell, and went out of business. Now: new owner, serious menu, skilled wage staff, great bar. And great, imaginative dishes. It's the best in Cocoa Beach and, since Merritt's Table closed, the best in Central Brevard.Special Features:
- Not preparedGreatmealVIPDined on 11/15/2013My wife and I went on a Friday night so you'd think they'd have adequate service staff for a Friday evening. We were seated quickly and our server Mitch arrived quickly. We had reasonably good service until more diners arrived and then Mitch got stretched. He did well considering how many tables he was tending. But toward the end of dinner he became scarce. Food was good although slow in arriving. My veal chop was overcooked although first cut was okay. Our dessert was very small and slow at delivery. Hostess apologized for slow service. Too late. We had already paid the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We dined in the garden roomFroggyDined on 11/7/2013We dined in the garden room and it is lovely. Our servers were excellent. We are in Florida for a month and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.