The Majestic Restaurant
Kansas City, MO 64105Neighborhood:
Downtown / River Market
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
The Majestic Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.majestickc.com/
- Phone: (816) 221-1888
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 11:00am-10:00pm (Kitchen until 9:00pm)
Tuesday 11:00am-10:00pm (Kitchen until 9:00pm)
Wednesday 11:00am-10:00pm (Kitchen until 9:00pm)
Thursday 11:00am-10:00pm (Kitchen until 9:00pm)
Friday 11:00am-11:30pm (Kitchen until 10:00pm)
Saturday 8:30am-2:30pm, 5:00pm-11:30pm (Kitchen until 10:00)
Sunday 8:30am-2:30pm, 4:30pm-10:00pm (Kitchen until 9:00)
Live Jazz nightly. $5 Happy Hour menu includes $5 1/2-pound steakburger and fries, $5 duo of sliders, $5 house wines and martinis, and more...
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Liz Huffman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: In-house or off-site catering available for large or small events.
- Private Party Facilities: The Pendergast Club is our private cigar club on the third floor of the building. With leather couches and exposed brick walls, The Pendergast Club exudes the old time elegance and sophistication of a bygone era. The club is comprised of three areas: the Board Room on the west end of the building which can seat up to 16 for dinner, the main bar lounge area which can accommodate up to 35, and the Game Room on the east end of the building which can seat up to 30 for dinner. The entire floor can also be booked for groups of up to 60 guests. Groups of up to 80 for dinner or 115 for drinks and appetizers can be accommodated in either the Main Dining Room or the Jazz Club, please call for room charges and minimums.
- Private Party Contact: Jordan Carver 8162211888x
- Entertainment: We have Live Jazz seven nights a week, and there's never a cover! Trios or quartets play in the lower level Jazz Club every night. Check out our upcoming performers at http://www.majestickc.com/jazz/upcoming-shows/
- Special Events: The Majestic Restaurant is proud to have been host to countless rehearsal dinners, board meetings, business dinners, wedding receptions, holiday parties, and birthday celebrations over the years. Please call us for information and to let us know how we can make your event an unforgettable experience.
A word from The Majestic Restaurant
The Majestic Restaurant carries on the Kansas City traditions of great food and great jazz. We serve brunch Saturday and Sunday, lunch Monday-Friday, and dinner seven nights a week. Featuring Kansas City's best dry-aged beef, chops, and seafood and located in the historic Fitzpatrick Saloon building at 10th and Broadway in downtown Kansas City, The Majestic Restaurant offers a true Kansas City dining experience like no other. Enjoy a great steak and fine wine in our main dining room alongside a grand bar dating back to 1910, or have dinner in our lower level jazz club, the site of an actual speakeasy during prohibition, all while listening to some of Kansas City's best jazz musicians seven nights a week. An extensive wine list, creative cocktails by nationally renowned bartender Shawn Moriarty, a list of over 100 whiskeys, and a sinful selection of delectable homemade desserts provide the perfect accompaniment to the meal and the music.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Majestic Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown / River Market ›
The Majestic Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- A wonderful classicOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2014The Majestic is a wonderful historic restaurant with great steaks and even better service. Add daily jazz in the downstairs "speakeasy" and it's a great find to add to your destination dining list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints1stTimeDinnerDined on 11/24/2014This is my 6 or 7th visit to The Majestic. I live out of state, but when ever I'm in Kansas City I make it a point to stop here. It has Old School Cool all over the place. The steaks have been excellent every time. The wait staff is friendly, courteous and professional. I know locals are aware of tis place, but if you happen to be visiting from out of town and need a great place to eat....look no further. Thanks for another great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KC ClassicPMSKC4Dined on 11/22/2014We went for my husbands birthday. The food was wonderful, the service was attentative and the atmosphere was great. We had eaten in the Jazz Club a few years ago but dined on the main level due to one of our guests being in a wheelchair. The staff was very accomodating. We had such a pleasant evening. You can be sure we will be back! Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotHalMVIPDined on 11/15/2014We wanted a great steak in KC. We've been to every great steak place in town. Had planned the Capital Grill but decided to do something locally different. We were so glad we did. There is a fantastic bar downstairs and we got to listen to a Jazz trio playing some great swing jazz. We had a fun bartender and I tried their house aged Manhattan which I highly recommend. We sat upstairs for dinner and couldn't have been happier. The salads and steaks were fantastic and the service was perfect. They had a fairly extensive a wide ranging wine list. All in all it was an excellent dinner and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must!!CapitalGrilllDined on 11/14/2014Amazing food, amazing service, amazing ambience! Be sure to sit in the Jazz Club. You won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be back!PatVanDined on 11/14/2014I'm new to Kansas City and was looking for a place to meet a friend for lunch. After an Internet search I decided to try the Majestic. It has its own lot so parking is not an issue. It is located in one if the old beautiful buildings downtown. You walk into an entrance with high tin ceilings and are greeted in a friendly and professional way. I loved the bar we passed and also the dining area. There is a feeling of history that the staff will tell you about if you ask. The food was excellent and served quickly without making us feel rushed. It is my new favorite place in KC. I want to try the weekend brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Evening!TravelerDined on 11/13/2014Food was absolutely delicious. We had a table of 4, and all ordered the filet. Spectacular. The steak soup was a great starter, fresh bread was warm and delicious. The jazz trio was vibrant, and although our table was close to the band, we could still easily talk amongst ourselves. Our server regaled us with stories of old downtown and the building itself. He was extremely helpful, knowledgable and entertaining. The only disappointment was the cheesecake. We should have gone with our server's suggestion of creme brûlée. Will try and make it back to The Majestic whenever we are in Kansas City again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was impeccable!hungrdogsDined on 11/13/2014This was our first visit to The Majestic restaurant. We were celebrating my birthday and were looking forward to a great night out. We were ushered downstairs to the Jazz Room (at my request) and seated close to the bar. Our server was prompt and quite attentive after we first arrived and throughout the entire dining experience. We each ordered drinks and settled in to enjoy the live jazz enemble that played throughout the evening. We placed our orders and first out were the house salad (mine) and the steak soup (husbands). The salad could have been cut in half in my judgment and it definitely needed more care. The blue cheese dressing was thin and watery and the lettuce pieces were too large. I was put off by the salad. My husbands soup was delicious however, so I had not lost hope for the evening. Our entrees arrived and we were both quite pleased with the results! I had ordered a strip steak with a twice-baked potatoe and gingered carrots. The steak was cooked exactly as I ordered and was very tender and flavorful. The carrots were quite enjoyable and the potatoe was not only pleasing to the eye but quite tastey! My husband's steak was one of the specially aged prime steaks with blue cheese. The sauce they used on top was exquisite! My husband has talked about it for several days! We topped off our meals with the bread pudding and Creme Brûlée. Both were excellent. We felt the price of the meal was fair and will definitely return another evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MjmkodakMjmkodakDined on 11/11/2014Excellent. Ask for Amy as your waitress. The Jazz Club downstairs is the spot to be. Great music. Great place with nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried and TrueBeaglesgirlDined on 11/10/2014As usual this slice of KC history on Broadway did not disappoint! The food was excellent- (yes that piece filet will melt in your mouth) and service was impeccable. Thanks for making the evening so enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't get my steak right.Cb123fbDined on 11/8/2014My steak was suppose to be medium. It was rare and rare again after sent back twice. The music downstairs is so loud. Too loud. Not enjoyable. We've gone here for years but have decided now to go elsewhere.
- Excellent eveningdinnerdeliciousDined on 11/7/2014Richard - our server - was phenomenal and really made our anniversary special. The food was everything I hoped it would be and more. Would highly recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatharineDined on 11/6/2014We wanted something different and historic. Majestic was perfect. Right in the heart of downtown, the Majestic is a beautiful old resturant with modern and delicious food. The service was excellent too. I would highly recommend the Majestic to Kansas City Metrolpolitan area residents and visitors to our great city. We were there at lunch so cannot comment on night scene but likely only gets better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/4/2014Service was far below what I'm used to there however they were very busy.Special Features:
- Amazing!Foodie123Dined on 11/3/2014The food at the Majestic is always amazing. We typically visit for brunch, but went for lunch this time. The lunch was just as fantastic as the brunch. I would whole-heartedly recommend the Majestic to any friend who is looking for a great meal!Special Features:
- Awesome experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/1/2014First time in KC. Stumbled across the Majestic. Bartender was terrific. Awesome overall experience. Cant wait to return.Special Features:
- Yum yum!a5b9cDined on 11/1/2014I always enjoy eating at the Majestic. The steaks are delicious, the sides tasty, and the desserts are amazing! Service is great and the jazz is always entertaining. This is a must for any Kansas City visitor as well as locals. Love, love, love the Majestic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMarcieDined on 11/1/2014We have been to The Majestic several times prior to this experience with great outcomes. this time we wanted to take our out of town family here to enjoy a nice meal. They were VERY busy (had a party of 56 upstairs???) and so we suffered. Our steaks were excellent, but everything was awful. The broccoli was barely steamed and rock hard as well as being cold. The quail on my husbands plate had no more meat on it than a chicken wing drummette. The blue cheese dressing on our salads tasted like watered down ranch with feta cheese (there was no blue cheeses to be seen). We were very disappointed as well as embarrassed to bring our family hereSpecial Features:
- A wonderful experiencemeculverVIPDined on 10/31/2014Outstanding jazz trio, great food and service. Historical and unique atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- extreemly over pricedForrealDined on 10/30/2014Expect an upcharge for anything and everything, super high-priced "specials" (come on, $50+ for a steak?, really?). My prime rib was average at best.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/30/2014We had a wonderful dinning experience and we plan on coming back for more delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great food!KenEDined on 10/27/2014It is definitely pricey, but the food and service are fantastic. AND, there is live music. Great place to dine.Special Features:
- not up to the hypeDezzoVIPDined on 10/27/2014was told by locals that this is a great place. Firstly, although quiet, they sat us 3 next to a lone lady who i am sure did not want three men right next to her when the place was empty. Then the server was so slow getting the wine, opening the bottle etc Finally, the steaks were less than average although rated as "dry aged" etcSpecial Features:
- Depends upon the bandChicagoTransplantDined on 10/25/2014I can see the live music getting too loud. It was not bad the night my wife and I went. Steak was very slightly over cooked, but I was too hungry to send it back. The server was vary attentive yet not annoying. The music was Jazz and enjoyable. When there was no music, the atmosphere was intimate.Special Features:
- Smash HitGiGiDined on 10/25/2014Excellent Service, live band while dining, great ambiance, great food, steaks were divine, etc. I highly recommend The Majestic if you visit Kansas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveninglatenighteatsDined on 10/25/2014We have always had great dining experiences at The Majestic. Our server was Scott, and he is always attentive and professional. We frequently have an event to attend, and he is very mindful of our time. It was a perfect KC evening with The Majestic and The Quality Hill Playhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night!Babynurse04Dined on 10/24/2014If you like live jazz music and delicious steak you will love the majestic. Service was excellent and it was the perfect date night. Maybe not great for a first date cause the music is a little loud but you can still have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakhouse!FerzDined on 10/24/2014This hidden gem of a steakhouse is a must see. The service was impeccable and Scott really made our night. The jazz bar downstairs was a great way to end the night. Will def be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz Up Close and PersonalIknowwhatIlikeDined on 10/24/2014The Jazz Room is a great place to relax and enjoy a great meal. The food and service is outstanding. Don't forget the desert! The three piece band is soothing and lively at the same time. This cozy atmosphere is like having your own entertainment on your back yard patio. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Majestic for a visitor to KCMdigesterDined on 10/21/2014We went to the Majestic because the Trolley tour leader said that you could get the best steak there. We couldn't compare to any other restaurant in KC because we did not have steak anywhere else. We could only compare to steaks we have had in the Northeast. The steaks were very expensive and you had to pay extra for a sauce you might add. The good thing was that your meal did include either soup or salad, was served with bread, and you could select two sides with your entree. We had the sirloin that was the least expensive and it was good but not the best steak we have ever had. So though the meal was good, it was not outstanding.Special Features:
- simply greattjkdmkVIPDined on 10/19/2014our waiter was amazing.....food was better than ruth chris mainly because of the atmosphere and personal service......live piano music was a great companion for our meal....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch!BunnynKCDined on 10/19/2014The Majestic is a favorite for me. I often drop in late for a nightcap after attending Symphony or Ballet performances. This was my first brunch, however, and my two friends had not visited in a long time. They were reminded of how special the restaurant is and how much they had enjoyed eating there in years past! One remarked that the Bloody Mary cocktail was fabulous. They both loved the biscuits and gravy I ordered as an appetizer. My prime rib hash was great, with a perfectly poached egg! We stayed well past eating to enjoy the piano accompaniment during conversation. Both remarked that they needed to visit more often!Special Features:
- Elephant houseneveragainDined on 10/18/2014What ever you do, DO NOT get the ginger shrimp. Go to the zoo, to the elephant house and smell. That smell is what the ginger shrimp taste like.Special Features:
- Very GoodlovinitDined on 10/18/2014But not sure that it is that good to demand $50 for an entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/16/2014In the past have had very good experiences at the Majestic. This time, we dined in the Jazz Room and the music was so loud that it was hard to have a conversation, and the food that I had was average at best. The other members of the group said their food was fine but also complained about the music being too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JazzFoodiesVIPDined on 10/16/2014Enjoyed the jazz band and apparently they have a band there nightly. It added to the noise level obviously but made dinner that much better. Excellent food! We each had one of their premier steaks and it was fantastic....though a bit pricey. We would definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Went to celebrate 25th anniversary of a friendship. Food was incredibly delicious and service was great. Even trrated us to a complimentary dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family get togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014My two sisters and my daughter were together for an evening out during their visit and we had a fabulous dinner. The experience over all was special.Special Features:
- Best KC Original RestaurantJenniferDined on 10/11/2014The Majestic has been around since the 1920s in the same building which gives the diner the opportunity to appreciate "old world" dinning ambience. The staff are very knowledgeable of the menu, specials and the bar list. We always ask the waiter to recommend a wine with our dinner or cocktail as an aperitif. We always enjoy the food and drink at The Majestic. The live jazz is also a plus!Special Features:
- Wonderful evening!luv2earDined on 10/5/2014Everything was a treat, from our greeting at the door, the soft jazz, the old world ambiance to the fantastic service and delicious food. One of my most memorable fine dining experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.