The Majestic Restaurant
Kansas City, MO 64105Neighborhood:
Downtown / River Market
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
The Majestic Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.majestickc.com/
- Phone: 8162211888x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 11:00am-10:00pm (Kitchen until 9:00pm)
Tuesday 11:00am-10:00pm (Kitchen until 9:00pm)
Wednesday 11:00am-10:00pm (Kitchen until 9:00pm)
Thursday 11:00am-10:00pm (Kitchen until 9:00pm)
Friday 11:00am-11:30pm (Kitchen until 10:00pm)
Saturday 8:30am-2:30pm, 5:00pm-11:30pm (Kitchen until 10:00)
Sunday 8:30am-2:30pm, 4:30pm-10:00pm (Kitchen until 9:00)
Live Jazz nightly. $5 Happy Hour menu includes $5 1/2-pound steakburger and fries, $5 duo of sliders, $5 house wines and martinis, and more...
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Liz Huffman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: In-house or off-site catering available for large or small events.
- Private Party Facilities: The Pendergast Club is our private cigar club on the third floor of the building. With leather couches and exposed brick walls, The Pendergast Club exudes the old time elegance and sophistication of a bygone era. The club is comprised of three areas: the Board Room on the west end of the building which can seat up to 16 for dinner, the main bar lounge area which can accommodate up to 35, and the Game Room on the east end of the building which can seat up to 30 for dinner. The entire floor can also be booked for groups of up to 60 guests. Groups of up to 80 for dinner or 115 for drinks and appetizers can be accommodated in either the Main Dining Room or the Jazz Club, please call for room charges and minimums.
- Private Party Contact: Jordan Carver 8162211888x
- Entertainment: We have Live Jazz seven nights a week, and there's never a cover! Trios or quartets play in the lower level Jazz Club every night. Check out our upcoming performers at http://www.majestickc.com/jazz/upcoming-shows/
- Special Events: The Majestic Restaurant is proud to have been host to countless rehearsal dinners, board meetings, business dinners, wedding receptions, holiday parties, and birthday celebrations over the years. Please call us for information and to let us know how we can make your event an unforgettable experience.
A word from The Majestic Restaurant
The Majestic Restaurant carries on the Kansas City traditions of great food and great jazz. We serve brunch Saturday and Sunday, lunch Monday-Friday, and dinner seven nights a week. Featuring Kansas City's best dry-aged beef, chops, and seafood and located in the historic Fitzpatrick Saloon building at 10th and Broadway in downtown Kansas City, The Majestic Restaurant offers a true Kansas City dining experience like no other. Enjoy a great steak and fine wine in our main dining room alongside a grand bar dating back to 1910, or have dinner in our lower level jazz club, the site of an actual speakeasy during prohibition, all while listening to some of Kansas City's best jazz musicians seven nights a week. An extensive wine list, creative cocktails by nationally renowned bartender Shawn Moriarty, a list of over 100 whiskeys, and a sinful selection of delectable homemade desserts provide the perfect accompaniment to the meal and the music.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Majestic Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown / River Market ›
The Majestic Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (95)romantic (72)neighborhood gem (72)fit for foodies (49)notable wine list (44)good for groups (28)late-night find (26)great for brunch (21)great for lunch (20)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (16)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Really great food!KenEDined on 10/27/2014It is definitely pricey, but the food and service are fantastic. AND, there is live music. Great place to dine.Special Features:
- not up to the hypeDezzoVIPDined on 10/27/2014was told by locals that this is a great place. Firstly, although quiet, they sat us 3 next to a lone lady who i am sure did not want three men right next to her when the place was empty. Then the server was so slow getting the wine, opening the bottle etc Finally, the steaks were less than average although rated as "dry aged" etcSpecial Features:
- Depends upon the bandOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I can see the live music getting too loud. It was not bad the night my wife and I went. Steak was very slightly over cooked, but I was too hungry to send it back. The server was vary attentive yet not annoying. The music was Jazz and enjoyable. When there was no music, the atmosphere was intimate.Special Features:
- Smash HitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Excellent Service, live band while dining, great ambiance, great food, steaks were divine, etc. I highly recommend The Majestic if you visit Kansas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveninglatenighteatsDined on 10/25/2014We have always had great dining experiences at The Majestic. Our server was Scott, and he is always attentive and professional. We frequently have an event to attend, and he is very mindful of our time. It was a perfect KC evening with The Majestic and The Quality Hill Playhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night!Babynurse04Dined on 10/24/2014If you like live jazz music and delicious steak you will love the majestic. Service was excellent and it was the perfect date night. Maybe not great for a first date cause the music is a little loud but you can still have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakhouse!FerzDined on 10/24/2014This hidden gem of a steakhouse is a must see. The service was impeccable and Scott really made our night. The jazz bar downstairs was a great way to end the night. Will def be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz Up Close and PersonalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014The Jazz Room is a great place to relax and enjoy a great meal. The food and service is outstanding. Don't forget the desert! The three piece band is soothing and lively at the same time. This cozy atmosphere is like having your own entertainment on your back yard patio. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Majestic for a visitor to KCOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014We went to the Majestic because the Trolley tour leader said that you could get the best steak there. We couldn't compare to any other restaurant in KC because we did not have steak anywhere else. We could only compare to steaks we have had in the Northeast. The steaks were very expensive and you had to pay extra for a sauce you might add. The good thing was that your meal did include either soup or salad, was served with bread, and you could select two sides with your entree. We had the sirloin that was the least expensive and it was good but not the best steak we have ever had. So though the meal was good, it was not outstanding.Special Features:
- simply greattjkdmkVIPDined on 10/19/2014our waiter was amazing.....food was better than ruth chris mainly because of the atmosphere and personal service......live piano music was a great companion for our meal....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch!BunnynKCDined on 10/19/2014The Majestic is a favorite for me. I often drop in late for a nightcap after attending Symphony or Ballet performances. This was my first brunch, however, and my two friends had not visited in a long time. They were reminded of how special the restaurant is and how much they had enjoyed eating there in years past! One remarked that the Bloody Mary cocktail was fabulous. They both loved the biscuits and gravy I ordered as an appetizer. My prime rib hash was great, with a perfectly poached egg! We stayed well past eating to enjoy the piano accompaniment during conversation. Both remarked that they needed to visit more often!Special Features:
- Elephant houseneveragainDined on 10/18/2014What ever you do, DO NOT get the ginger shrimp. Go to the zoo, to the elephant house and smell. That smell is what the ginger shrimp taste like.Special Features:
- Very GoodlovinitDined on 10/18/2014But not sure that it is that good to demand $50 for an entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/16/2014In the past have had very good experiences at the Majestic. This time, we dined in the Jazz Room and the music was so loud that it was hard to have a conversation, and the food that I had was average at best. The other members of the group said their food was fine but also complained about the music being too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JazzFoodiesDined on 10/16/2014Enjoyed the jazz band and apparently they have a band there nightly. It added to the noise level obviously but made dinner that much better. Excellent food! We each had one of their premier steaks and it was fantastic....though a bit pricey. We would definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Went to celebrate 25th anniversary of a friendship. Food was incredibly delicious and service was great. Even trrated us to a complimentary dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family get togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014My two sisters and my daughter were together for an evening out during their visit and we had a fabulous dinner. The experience over all was special.Special Features:
- Best KC Original RestaurantJenniferDined on 10/11/2014The Majestic has been around since the 1920s in the same building which gives the diner the opportunity to appreciate "old world" dinning ambience. The staff are very knowledgeable of the menu, specials and the bar list. We always ask the waiter to recommend a wine with our dinner or cocktail as an aperitif. We always enjoy the food and drink at The Majestic. The live jazz is also a plus!Special Features:
- Wonderful evening!luv2earDined on 10/5/2014Everything was a treat, from our greeting at the door, the soft jazz, the old world ambiance to the fantastic service and delicious food. One of my most memorable fine dining experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Eveningbabynurse54Dined on 10/4/2014We went with friend for their anniversary.The food was excellent! Our waiter was attentive and friendly. The Jazz Band very good. This is one of my favorite steakhouse restaurants! Would highly recommend The Majestic for it's charm, dining, service and entertainment!
- DeliciousRBFoodieDined on 9/27/2014Everything we had was delicious and the service was great. We did not sit downstairs with the Jazz band as I was with my elderly parents. I will be sure to do that next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun eveningLouiseVIPDined on 9/27/2014We enjoyed our dinner at The Majestic - we had martinis and mussels then shared the prime rib, which was very good. They had a jazz group playing, which made the evening really fun!Special Features:
- Great food and fantastic service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014My wife and I celebrated our 1st year anniversary with a dinner here and Melody, (the manager on duty), made sure to make it extra special by setting up our table with some of our wedding decor that I dropped off a day before our dinner. It was a great experience and we had a great meal. We started with some Mojitos and the cheese plate, which we both really enjoyed, especially the mojitos! I had the Mahi Mahi, and my wife had the Ginger shrimp. We both enjoyed our meals with a glass of house white wine and stopped in the basement to listen to the nightly jazz before leaving. It was a little pricey total bill $175 w tip, but for the whole experience and occasion, well worth the bill! Thank you!Special Features:
- Our Favorite Steak Restaurant!lodealDined on 9/26/2014The Majestic holds a sentimental place in our hearts because we had one of our first dates here and it's also where we became engaged. We continue to come back for the exceptional food, drinks, and service alongside a delightful atmosphere in one of the more historic buildings downtown Kansas City has to offer. The Majestic can be formal or casual formal; it is wonderful for a steak dinner or their amazing happy hour; their steaks are exquisite and they do not skimp on any part of the meal. We have never had a single complaint about this restaurant, and we will continue to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Watch out for dinner only tables!EnjoysgoodtimesDined on 9/24/2014I have always loved the Majestic jazz setting. I went often as a child with family. I went on a Wednesday night and took my date, not realizing about the dinner only tables. I made an online reservation and it said nothing about it. The waitress was rude and embarrassed my date. Kind of a jazz buzz kill. We were dressed up, enjoying the jazz and wine. There were plenty of tables. If it was a Friday night I would understand. If you want to reserve tables like that, mention it on the online reservation process so you don't insult guests and first timers. It should be all about the jazz anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- History, Fine Dining, and JazzOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/22/2014The Majestic is for those who want to have a very good dinner in a historic 1930's period building, with live jazz every night. Street level is piano, Lower level is combos. I have lived in the KC metro since 1990 and enjoyed many nights here. VERY good jazz and atmosphere! Pretty good food. Professional service. I would rate 5 Stars if the food was as awesome as the venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMrdcap98Dined on 9/21/2014This was our first time in for brunch. It was amazingly good! You must try the bacon and brie frittata! Breakfast potatoes were good as well - crispy with onions and peppers, but not overpoweringly oniony/peppery. Another in our party had the french toast and it was also very good (a lot of food!). I particularly liked that when my husband asked for his bacon to be cooked extra crispy, it was - (surprisingly difficult to get sometimes at other restaurants). We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Historic landmarkIcooktooVIPDined on 9/21/2014The Majestic is housed in a very old building and neighborhood and contains very old furniture but the menu is great. We had brunch. The food was very high quality generous in portion, and tasty. I would go back for dinner as I can tell the food would be great. Just real food in a historic building.Special Features:
- First VisitskilletsonDined on 9/20/2014This was our first visit to The Majestic. It will definitely not be our last. The food, atmosphere, and service were excellent! We could not have had a better experience. Classic old school steakhouse charm, great music, terrific wine list. Couldn't ask for more!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dining experiencejonkDined on 9/18/2014I dined at The Majestic on a recent Thursday night and there were a few other groups but for the most part it was a very quiet dining room. The menu was full of very enticing options but we ended up with a spinach-artichoke dip appetizer, a couple of house salads, some sides, a steak special, a fish special and even saved room to try out a couple desserts. Everything was excellent (though my partner didn't love her braised kale) and I wouldn't hesitate to go back for another special occasion or when entertaining out of town visitors that want a great steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Majestic HouseLandsbergsVIPDined on 9/18/2014We enjoyed ourselves and had a lovely evening listening to the jazz music and ambiance. It was a bit pricey I will add but nonetheless we still enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our time at the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014We enjoyed our time at the Majestic. We enjoyed the history, food and music. We would recommend this to anyone from KC, especially if you have someone from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencesc77Dined on 9/16/2014The jazz band downstairs was outstanding, especially for a Tuesday night. Great experience all around.Special Features:
- MoniefrtheD123Dined on 9/12/2014I was in from out of town and went on my birthday it was great the food was top notch. .. definitely on my all time favorite list...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mdtayDined on 9/12/2014Haven't been here for a long time, shame on me. Great food and great music.Special Features:
- Not like we rememberednot2pickyDined on 9/10/2014We have eaten at the Majestic for many years and it has always been very good. Not this time. I had the "special" swordfish and found it very disappointing - small, mushy, and tasteless. It was billed as being blackened, but was not. A top sirloin steak ordered medium was cooked properly, but was tough, dry, and similarly tasteless. I do applaud this restaurant for including soup/salad and sides in the price of the entrees.
- Good food, good JazzSteinFNDined on 9/6/2014Now the price is on the upper scale. But the food, service and ambiance makes it worth it. I consider it perfect for a romantic getaway, candle light dinner.Special Features:
- Great food, great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014Best steak I've had the pleasure of eating. Tried the 32 day aged ribeye. Out of this world!!Special Features:
- Nice Evening At MajesticrestauranttlcDined on 9/4/2014My wife and I dined at the Majestic for our 31st wedding anniversary...great food, outstanding service and quiet atmosphere. We loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect KC BrunchkcbrunchDined on 8/31/2014Great food, wonderful historic KC atmosphere. Must visit!Special Features: