The Majestic Grille
145 South Main Street
Memphis, TN 38103Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Majestic Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.majesticgrille.com/
- Phone: 9015228555x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Saturday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Saturday Dinner: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm
Sunday Dinner: 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Patrick Reilly
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: THE INNOVATOR'S ROOM - Completely private room with audio visual capability, seats up to 40. Perfect for business lunches and dinners, rehearsal dinners, and any other event that requires privacy.
THE MEZZANINE - Dine like the stars on our second floor, overlooking the main dining room. Perfect for cocktail parties or seated dinners for up to 80 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Traci Brothers McDoniel 9015228555x
- Special Events: The Ultimate Brunch every Saturday from 11am - 2:30pm and Sunday 10:30am-2:30pm.
$4 Bloody Mary..the best in the city according the local press
$4 Mimosas or try our Majestic Mimosa - $15 for a bottle of champagne & carafe of orange juice
- Cross Street: Peabody Place
- Public Transit: Peabody Place Trolley Stop
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Validated Parking at Peabody Place Tower Parking Garage - 110 Peabody Place Street
Once parked, please take the elevator to the first floor. Exit the to the right, through the two sets of double doors. Upon exiting, you will be on Main Street, look for us immediately across the street.
$1 for the first 3 hours of parking with validated ticket. Additional hourly rates will apply after 3 hours. Present your parking ticket to our hostess for validation stamp.
A word from The Majestic Grille
Welcome to The Majestic Grille, located in downtown Memphis, Tennessee. What began in 1913 as The Majestic No.1 Theatre is now a 1940's style bar & grille specializing in steaks, fresh seafood, flatbread creations & gourmet burgers. Just steps away from Beale Street, The FedEx Forum, The Orpheum Theatre, Autozone Park & downtown hotels, The Majestic Grille provides an upscale, uniquely Memphis ambience with accessible menu options at reasonable prices. Watch the trolley go by on our lunch patio, enjoy a signature martini at our 40-foot granite bar or gaze at the intricate theatre ceiling while dining with friends...either way you'll enjoy great food & friendly service. Come experience the gracious hospitality of The Majestic Grille.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Majestic Grille - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The Majestic Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
191 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (98)great for outdoor dining (71)romantic (68)fit for foodies (68)good for groups (68)great for brunch (67)neighborhood gem (65)great for lunch (48)hot spot (46)notable wine list (28)vibrant bar scene (21)scenic view (19)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (10)Show More
- Great food, manager not so muchYUMMYDined on 10/25/2014Called ahead to see if we could be added than existing reservation and was told that the restaurant was sold out. Got on Open Table and. Oozed a table for just a little later and went early to find many tables empty including the ones next to our friends. We were able to sit next to them but was reprimanded by the manager when we pushed our tables together as he said it would affect the two top tables behind us and not give them enough room. We all crammed on one side of the table and never had anyone sit at the two tops anyway. Food was great, service was great, manager and his silly rules, not so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Majestic GrilleOwnYourLifeDined on 10/25/2014What a wonderful find! Just steps away from the hustle and bustle of Beale St. You walk into the Majestic Grille and it takes you to a relaxing, clean, comfortable escape. The staff were excellent, from the host to the server. They were very attentive and genuinely seemed happy to be there and to be serving us. The food was excellent, the wine was excellent! Our last night in Memphis was made memorable at this establishment. We will return to this restaurant on our next trip to Memphis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We very much enjoyed our experience. Great food, Wonderful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014You've gotta try this place, whether going to the theater of not. Appetizers are awesome. I'm sure enters are killer. Would definitely suggest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good spot for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2014We went for a birthday while on vacation. Restaurant was busy on a Friday which is always a good sign. The food was fine, but not exceptional. Our server was not familiar with the menu and was unable to provide input beyond what we could read on the menu. At this price point, I normally encounter servers that have familiarity with the dishes being offered and can help guide through the menu. Coming from Chicago, the pace of service at all Memphis restaurants is a bit slow. The Majestic was no exception. As I say, it's typical for all of Memphis. Our reservation time WAS honored so that's a huge plus. Somewhat recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014This former movie theater has a nice décor, but was incredibly noisy. It was hard to hear my companion speak. The house smoked salmon was very good, but everything else was average at best.
- Delicious as usual!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Majestic Grill is my special "go to place." Took my son and his girlfriend for their first time. They loved it! I wish we could go weekly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great venueRoadtripVIPDined on 10/18/2014We had a nice meal. We arrived 30 minutes early and were seated at that time. Attractive set up. We were upstairs and could see all the action and still be able to enjoy our conversation. The food was tasty but not memorable. The service was wonderful. I would go back if visiting Memphis again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantplujonDined on 10/18/2014Set up in what looks like an old theatre with along bar down one side the tables inalcoves on two levels down the other side. There is also an upstairs area with a balcony. The lighting was calm and sophisticated. Service was efficient, we only waited a few minutes for our meal which was excellent. We much enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated our 25th Anniversary!BDReevDined on 10/18/2014Great staff, amazing service, loved the feel of the building, easy parking with good location and the food was spot on and priced well. Great location downtown! My only negitive thing I could say was I asked prior to be seated in a quiet place in the restaurant since we were celebrating our anniversary and was seated near the bar. But other than that we loved it and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BendyVIPDined on 10/14/2014A relaxing evening sitting at the bar enjoying baseball, good food and drink in a relaxing atmosphere with good service.Special Features:
- Great settingDiscoveringnyVIPDined on 10/14/2014The restaurant is huge but there's a feeling of intimacy. The booths are great for having a conversation. Food is reliably good with a nice selection. Service is great.Special Features:
- One of the best in MemphisMattDined on 10/13/2014My wife and I gladly drive the 30 minute drive, once or twice a month, downtown from Germantown to eat at The Majestic Grille. There are plenty of great restaurants between Germantown and Downtown Memphis...just hard to beet the combination of ambiance, consistency of food/service & price.Special Features:
- brunch masterbrunchmasterDined on 10/12/2014The Majestic is an outstanding place to dine with your friend or friends. I have been several times and consistency is at it's upmost. The noise level is at moderate and the jazz music is pleasing. We have always had good friendly service and an energetic atmosphere. Would not go anywhere else,though we have tried many, for my downtown brunch experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch StapleMphspoliceDined on 10/12/2014When you think of Sunday Brunch in Memphis, Majestic Grille will always come up to be a top choice.Special Features:
- ShakithaDined on 10/11/2014The location was great! Located within walking distance of Beale Street and the Orpheum Theatre. The food expensive but delicious. Our particular waiter had a musty odor. Other than that, I enjoyed my experience at Majestic Grille.Special Features:
- Request upstairsaammDined on 10/11/2014We learned, for all the grand descriptions, that you have to be seated upstairs to see anything, otherwise you get a view of the football games on big screen in the bar. The food was good -- nothing stood out about it to me -- I had a cheeseburger because there wasn't anything on the menu that screamed "I'm something you've never tried before" - and I asked for bacon on it - so lost out on the cheese (I guess it's either/or there).
- Great Time as AlwaysTediBearDined on 10/7/2014The food and ambiance were amazing, but our waitress, while knowledgeable and friendly, was quite inattentive. Nevertheless, I enjoyed my lunch date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business & Pleasure Does Happen!KeetDined on 10/7/2014The Majestic Grille is my kind of place. Consistently, very good food, nicely presented. Staff is friendly and inspired to deliver a good experience. I love the fact that there's a vibe, but not too much noise. You can have a nice lunch, talk some business and enjoy the time . . . have some fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Our group of four had a lovely brunch at the Majestic Grill a week ago. We were delightfully surprised by the extensive menu. The food arrived in a timely manner,pleasantly warm and delicious. The Spicey Bloody Mary was the ideal accompaniment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Great as AlwaysEvelynDined on 10/4/2014Once again, we went to the Majestic before an Orpheum show. The food, ambiance and service were all great. From the Smoked Salmon appetizer to the Mahi Mahi and the Plum Tomato Flatbread to the drinks to the service, it was all good - as we've come to expect. What a gem the Majestic Grille is!Special Features:
- Excellent first time experience. TxJanie1967Dined on 10/4/2014This is a rather upscale restaurant for Memphis. Great atmosphere. Located block away from the Orpheum at the beginning of the walking mall so seems relatively safe. One of the best steaks I've ever had. The pre-theatre menu a very good but. Fast and efficient service. Emily was our waitress for the evening and she was excellent. Will definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find! Thanks opentable!tbear18Dined on 10/3/2014This was our first time using open table & the Magestic Grille was a fabulous. The service was spot on, the food was delicious & the old theater atmosphere was fun. My husband loved the sugared carrots & his pork tenderloin was perfectly cooked. My mushroom pesto tortellini was wonderful...so much so that my 7 year old wanted to share too. Great Memphis experience close to the Peabody & close to Beale Street. Thank you to the other reviewers who helped us make a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014I made a reservation for two prior to us attending Phantom Of The Opera. The table we were shown to was so small and wedged up against a wall that we decided to sit outside. Unfortunately, it was very windy that night, and we had to hang on to our napkins, silverware and glasses to keep them from blowing off the table. We sat down at 6pm and immeditately ordered. We did not get our food until 6:50pm. The waitress appeared to be very stressed and unorganized. Very disappointing experience. Majestic Grille has always been my go to place when I am going to the Orpheum. Not sure I will come back after this last experience.Special Features:
- Good foodMidtownieDined on 10/3/2014The service could have been a little better. More observant to be exact, checking up more. However, it was satisfactory service and the food was great.Special Features:
- Great Find in MemphisOnTheRoadAgainVIPDined on 10/1/2014Looked for a dinner spot away from Beale Street, this was a great find! Great service and atmosphere in a converted historic theater. Had Cornmeal Crusted Calamari for an appetizer, very tasty breading, tender and absolutely no grease, the basil aioli perfectly complemented the calamari. The Chop House Salad was simple, the romaine was fresh, and crisp, must have been harvested the same day, and the 1000 island dressing was light, more like a vinaigrette, and brought everything together in the most unique taste in a salad. The BBQ ribs were served with just a little sauce, but the rub was so good and the meat so tender (it did literally fall off the bone), that additional sauce would have masked the delicious flavor of the ribs. A repeater!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!Mdl2Dined on 9/30/2014Predictable good food and service Very good for pre-theater dinnersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OrpheumOrpheumDined on 9/30/2014Great place to go before a show at the Orpheum theatre. Easy in and out for those having to travel in to Memphis. Park, Eat, Walk one block to the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014We had a great waiter who was training someone. She still had quite a bit to learn. Did not bring salads for us together and did not realize that there was a seperate wine list. We were seated at a table for two but it was a long table and did not feel it was very intimate. Food from Theater menu was ok. Food from regular menu was better.Special Features:
- Shrimp and GritsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014The Shrimp and Grits were some of the best that I have ever eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The salmon appetizer was amazing!!! The ribeye my husband had was okay (per him), and the chicken carbonara, although the cream was good, the meal itself lacked the wow factor. Also, I tried their renowned honeysuckle cocktail. It was more of a lemon cocktail.Special Features:
- Pre Theater DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I booked at the Majestic precisely because it is close to the Orpheum Theater and because the varied menu had offerings for a wide range of tastes and choices for children as well. It seemed the perfect choice. Prior to my reservation date I was contacted by the restaurant to confirm my reservation which I thought was a nice touch, and when we arrived we were seated immediately. Our waiter brought our drinks immediately & while it took a long time to get our order placed, our food was very good once delivered. I would go back for the food & hope to have better experience with the wait staff.Special Features:
- MajesticfoodfunDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I came to celebrate our one-year anniversary over the weekend. We had never been during brunch and it was fantastic! We have always enjoyed Majestic very much and have always come for dinner and it was very nice to experience the atmosphere during the brunch hours. Thank you for such a memorable time and meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaDined on 9/26/2014We enjoyed dining at Majestic Grille. It is perfect for an evening of great food and convenience to the Orpheum. The trout was delicious, and our waiter was gracious to allow me to substitute a salad for the prefix menu. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just the placeMissriverDined on 9/25/2014This is a wonderful place to go before a performance at the Orpheum. The staff is friendly and courteous, and the food is very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KNeeDined on 9/21/2014Food was really good. Great place for brunch. Nice to see Downtown Memphis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambiance, bland foodMistress3goDined on 9/19/2014We went to the majestic grill for our anniversary. The sausage and cheese platter was pretty good, although I could have done without the handful of dried cranberries and the stale crackers. The mushroom tortelli was bland and greasy. The fillet was well cooked. The dessert shots were nice, just the right size for finishing off a small meal.Special Features:
- Service is everything! !RozzieDined on 9/13/2014When you have to ask for complementary bread it really sets a bad tone for the rest of the evening. The scene was lovely but once again a bad waitress spoils all that. She didn't give her name as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over cooked foodFoodLover39Dined on 9/13/2014Pork loin and burger wasn't cooked right. Med burger was well done. Pork loin burnt and dry. Loved spinach dip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Overly ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014It was nice to check out a new experience in the city. My husband and I did enjoy our time, but were not overly impressed by the food. Another thing that stood out to us were the plastic cups used for drinking. You can find the same type of pastil cups in college cafeterias. Not sure if we would recommend it for a special occasion, more of a simple, different place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.