The Majestic Grille
145 South Main Street
Memphis, TN 38103Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Majestic Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.majesticgrille.com/
- Phone: (901) 522-8555
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Saturday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Saturday Dinner: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm
Sunday Dinner: 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Patrick Reilly
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: THE INNOVATOR'S ROOM - Completely private room with audio visual capability, seats up to 40. Perfect for business lunches and dinners, rehearsal dinners, and any other event that requires privacy.
THE MEZZANINE - Dine like the stars on our second floor, overlooking the main dining room. Perfect for cocktail parties or seated dinners for up to 80 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Traci Brothers McDoniel 9015228555x
- Special Events: The Ultimate Brunch every Saturday from 11am - 2:30pm and Sunday 10:30am-2:30pm.
$4 Bloody Mary..the best in the city according the local press
$4 Mimosas or try our Majestic Mimosa - $15 for a bottle of champagne & carafe of orange juice
- Cross Street: Peabody Place
- Public Transit: Peabody Place Trolley Stop
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Validated Parking at Peabody Place Tower Parking Garage - 110 Peabody Place Street
Once parked, please take the elevator to the first floor. Exit the to the right, through the two sets of double doors. Upon exiting, you will be on Main Street, look for us immediately across the street.
$1 for the first 3 hours of parking with validated ticket. Additional hourly rates will apply after 3 hours. Present your parking ticket to our hostess for validation stamp.
A word from The Majestic Grille
Welcome to The Majestic Grille, located in downtown Memphis, Tennessee. What began in 1913 as The Majestic No.1 Theatre is now a 1940's style bar & grille specializing in steaks, fresh seafood, flatbread creations & gourmet burgers. Just steps away from Beale Street, The FedEx Forum, The Orpheum Theatre, Autozone Park & downtown hotels, The Majestic Grille provides an upscale, uniquely Memphis ambience with accessible menu options at reasonable prices. Watch the trolley go by on our lunch patio, enjoy a signature martini at our 40-foot granite bar or gaze at the intricate theatre ceiling while dining with friends...either way you'll enjoy great food & friendly service. Come experience the gracious hospitality of The Majestic Grille.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Majestic Grille - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The Majestic Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
220 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (115)fit for foodies (83)good for groups (80)romantic (76)great for brunch (73)neighborhood gem (72)great for outdoor dining (71)hot spot (57)great for lunch (55)notable wine list (38)vibrant bar scene (29)scenic view (20)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (11)Show More
- Perfect As AlwaysFaithDined on 11/23/2014The ambiance of Majestic Grille is always wonderful. It is classy with a touch of whimsy. I usually come for brunch and the food is always excellent. My boyfriend and I usually split the salmon hash and the crab cake benedict. The complementary biscuits are always light, fluffy, and delicious. The majestic mimosa is great because we can fix it just the way we like it (mostly champagne with a hint of OJ). The service was excellent and friendly as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Timer!Brandi72467Dined on 11/22/2014For a first date, this place was romantic, quiet, and offered a variety of selections for both of us. Very cute and cozy in the middle of downtown. We were able to catch the carriage ride to Beale street afterwards. No matter how the relationship turns out, the restaurant and ambiance made for a fun and great 1st date night!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe i ordered the wrong dish...WutidooDined on 11/22/2014Everything was perfect with the exception of the tortellini and asparagus that i ordered. I'll try a different dsh next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our group enjoyed the steak and trout very muchphyldarDined on 11/22/2014Service was excellent, food was great, and we would go back again.Special Features:
- AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014My girlfriend and I really enjoyed the scenery and the food was amazing! We highly recommend this venue for a great night on the town with that special someone you LOVE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great dinner!!AlyceMVIPDined on 11/21/2014We went for Downtown Restaurant Week. Although We've been there many times before for drinks and appetizers at the bar but this is the first time we've been for a "real" dinner. In spite of the big crowd (for the special Restaurant Week dinner), our server, Donavan, had our food timed perfectly, and everything we had was great. What have we missed? We'll be back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, drinks and atmosphere!!TKPeacockDined on 11/19/2014Patrick and Deni Reilly have taken their restaurant to the next level with not only delicious and beautiful dishes but a dining experience that is consistently a favorite for us. We had our end of year company dinner there this week and with a varied group needing options, it was the perfect choice!!! Complete with a table visit from Patrick himself!! Having a downtown business a block away, it is always our recommendation for a great meal!! Personal favorite is the seared tuna but my husband LOVES the flatbread pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great job!!CoachjimDined on 11/17/2014Great location for downtown events!!! Food and service excellent as always!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experience !FKB1VIPDined on 11/14/2014We went to the Majestic Grill before a downtown concert and it was a terrific experience as usual. The Majestic has a unique fun vibe and the food & service is consistently good. Good selection of beer & wine. I'd definitely recommend the Majestic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Nice quiet place with excellent food and service. Enjoyed the artichoke-spinach flatbread and the pork tenderloin with maple cream sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Date Night RestaurantMarriedinMemphisDined on 11/7/2014Beautiful restaurant, excellent service, wonderful food. We had the Cheese and Sausage Platter for an appetizer. It was an excellent mix. For entree my wife had the Bacon Bleu Burger. It was cooked perfectly and came with a side of delicious, piping hot parmesan french fries. You have to try these if you come to Majestic. I had the Ravioli. The Ravioli are goat cheese filled and topped with tomatoes, spinach, and pine nuts. These are fantastic. There's even a low, slow heat to them, just to top it all off. We were so stuffed we couldn't even think about trying dessert. Their bar is well-stocked and their cocktails are very inventive. Overall, this place is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014this is a great place. Service is excellent. Food is very good , just this time Mhai Mhai is little bit dry. not as good as last time we haveSpecial Features:
- Before the showPruckhDined on 11/2/2014Great place to eat before the Orephium. Special show menu.Special Features:
- Very MajesticqueenhccDined on 11/2/2014The food was excellent~~~It was very busy and I think our waiter was waiting 10 tables. I had requested some lemon for my water and I never got it......but overall my experience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food close to OrpheumtsmommyDined on 11/2/2014This is my go-to place for Brunch or Dinner before my Orpheum Show. Great food & service, but make sure you have a reservation because they fill up quickly. Lovely live band at Sunday Brunch too!Special Features:
- Majestic is Always Spot OnOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014When we go to shows at the Orpheum Theatre, we usually choose the Majestic for dinner. The food is always very good, service attentive but not rushed and it is convenient to the Orpheum. Never had a bad experience at the Majestic.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningNightOnTheTownDined on 11/1/2014The staff took great care of us, the food was amazing and we had a wonderful meal before going to the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatEvelynDined on 11/1/2014Last Saturday night, we had dinner at the Majestic - one of our favorite places. We have never had a bad meal there. Saturday night was no exception. We split an order of the crab cakes and the Mahi Mahi. Both were well prepared and enough for us to take some home. Our waiter was attentive and friendly. The ambiance was very nice as always and there were Miles Davis, Dave Brubeck, Peggy Lee and other jazz greats wafting overhead in the air. Thanks Majestic. It was a great evening.
- Best Mimosas EverOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/1/2014The best $4 (or any price) mimosa I have ever had! Service was wonderful and fast. Food was delicious. Can't be beat!Special Features:
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Everything we heard about the place was true. The food was wonderful, great service, incredible brunch before an Orpheum show.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceCarlosOfSouthavenDined on 11/1/2014We have a very nice experience. This was our first visit and we were grateful impressed with the place, the service and the food.Special Features:
- Adult Halloween night outbonesblesserDined on 10/31/2014Elected not to be home this Halloween. Majestic was our choice. Turns out, a fair number of seasoned empty nesters had the same idea. Thoroughly enjoyed the steak special. Yummo! Thanks for the treat without tricks.Special Features:
- Great downtown spotfillmeupDined on 10/30/2014We first discovered the Majestic when we were looking for a reservation close to the Orpheum. (It's just a few steps to the front door) Now we go back because we like the great food, cool atmosphere and solid service. Don't hesitate to try it.Special Features:
- JustJennDined on 10/30/2014The Majestic was highly recommended by my friends and it lived up to them! We chose the pre-theater dinner. Which included a choice of 2 salads or soup,3 different entrees, and dessert. The food was awesome and the ambiance was just what we wanted and the service was great! We will be visiting again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good mealSuziinTNVIPDined on 10/28/2014We had another good meal at the Majestic Grille. We eat here about once a month and are never disappointed. The seared Tuna was outstanding and the Orpheum Menu is a great dealSpecial Features:
- Food was great, service fairTheatreWillDined on 10/28/2014My family and I enjoy dining at the Majestic Grille a few times a year (usually in connection with seeing a show at the Orpheum Theater), and we always enjoy the experience. We ate the Majestic most recently on Tuesday night, October 28, 2014. We had a reservation and were seated immediately upon arrival. We had been seated for several minutes without meeting our server. Finally, we flagged down a passing server who promised to find ours. Our server arrived and she did ok. The night was busy, and we had to wait for refills and at the end for the check. No big deal. The food, as always, was amazing. The restaurant was loud, but we expected that. It wasn't the best experience we have had there, but we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great food, manager not so muchYUMMYDined on 10/25/2014Called ahead to see if we could be added than existing reservation and was told that the restaurant was sold out. Got on Open Table and. Oozed a table for just a little later and went early to find many tables empty including the ones next to our friends. We were able to sit next to them but was reprimanded by the manager when we pushed our tables together as he said it would affect the two top tables behind us and not give them enough room. We all crammed on one side of the table and never had anyone sit at the two tops anyway. Food was great, service was great, manager and his silly rules, not so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Majestic GrilleOwnYourLifeDined on 10/25/2014What a wonderful find! Just steps away from the hustle and bustle of Beale St. You walk into the Majestic Grille and it takes you to a relaxing, clean, comfortable escape. The staff were excellent, from the host to the server. They were very attentive and genuinely seemed happy to be there and to be serving us. The food was excellent, the wine was excellent! Our last night in Memphis was made memorable at this establishment. We will return to this restaurant on our next trip to Memphis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT!donteatoutveryoftenDined on 10/25/2014We very much enjoyed our experience. Great food, Wonderful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome placeDcchief2Dined on 10/25/2014You've gotta try this place, whether going to the theater of not. Appetizers are awesome. I'm sure enters are killer. Would definitely suggest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best YetMemphis10ecDined on 10/25/2014Grouper special was outstanding. Each visit is better than the last! My only gripe is that I don't like rosemary, and they put it in their bread.Special Features:
- A good spot for dinnerStonewing1Dined on 10/24/2014We went for a birthday while on vacation. Restaurant was busy on a Friday which is always a good sign. The food was fine, but not exceptional. Our server was not familiar with the menu and was unable to provide input beyond what we could read on the menu. At this price point, I normally encounter servers that have familiarity with the dishes being offered and can help guide through the menu. Coming from Chicago, the pace of service at all Memphis restaurants is a bit slow. The Majestic was no exception. As I say, it's typical for all of Memphis. Our reservation time WAS honored so that's a huge plus. Somewhat recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and noisyliv2eatDined on 10/24/2014This former movie theater has a nice décor, but was incredibly noisy. It was hard to hear my companion speak. The house smoked salmon was very good, but everything else was average at best.
- Delicious as usual!HappyMomDined on 10/23/2014Majestic Grill is my special "go to place." Took my son and his girlfriend for their first time. They loved it! I wish we could go weekly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great venueRoadtripVIPDined on 10/18/2014We had a nice meal. We arrived 30 minutes early and were seated at that time. Attractive set up. We were upstairs and could see all the action and still be able to enjoy our conversation. The food was tasty but not memorable. The service was wonderful. I would go back if visiting Memphis again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantplujonDined on 10/18/2014Set up in what looks like an old theatre with along bar down one side the tables inalcoves on two levels down the other side. There is also an upstairs area with a balcony. The lighting was calm and sophisticated. Service was efficient, we only waited a few minutes for our meal which was excellent. We much enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated our 25th Anniversary!BDReevDined on 10/18/2014Great staff, amazing service, loved the feel of the building, easy parking with good location and the food was spot on and priced well. Great location downtown! My only negitive thing I could say was I asked prior to be seated in a quiet place in the restaurant since we were celebrating our anniversary and was seated near the bar. But other than that we loved it and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BendyVIPDined on 10/14/2014A relaxing evening sitting at the bar enjoying baseball, good food and drink in a relaxing atmosphere with good service.Special Features:
- Great settingDiscoveringnyVIPDined on 10/14/2014The restaurant is huge but there's a feeling of intimacy. The booths are great for having a conversation. Food is reliably good with a nice selection. Service is great.Special Features:
- One of the best in MemphisMattDined on 10/13/2014My wife and I gladly drive the 30 minute drive, once or twice a month, downtown from Germantown to eat at The Majestic Grille. There are plenty of great restaurants between Germantown and Downtown Memphis...just hard to beet the combination of ambiance, consistency of food/service & price.Special Features: