The Majestic Grille
145 South Main Street
Memphis, TN 38103Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Majestic Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.majesticgrille.com/
- Phone: 9015228555x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Saturday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Saturday Dinner: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm
Sunday Dinner: 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Patrick Reilly
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: THE INNOVATOR'S ROOM - Completely private room with audio visual capability, seats up to 40. Perfect for business lunches and dinners, rehearsal dinners, and any other event that requires privacy.
THE MEZZANINE - Dine like the stars on our second floor, overlooking the main dining room. Perfect for cocktail parties or seated dinners for up to 80 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Traci Brothers McDoniel 9015228555x
- Special Events: The Ultimate Brunch every Saturday from 11am - 2:30pm and Sunday 10:30am-2:30pm.
$4 Bloody Mary..the best in the city according the local press
$4 Mimosas or try our Majestic Mimosa - $15 for a bottle of champagne & carafe of orange juice
- Cross Street: Peabody Place
- Public Transit: Peabody Place Trolley Stop
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Validated Parking at Peabody Place Tower Parking Garage - 110 Peabody Place Street
Once parked, please take the elevator to the first floor. Exit the to the right, through the two sets of double doors. Upon exiting, you will be on Main Street, look for us immediately across the street.
$1 for the first 3 hours of parking with validated ticket. Additional hourly rates will apply after 3 hours. Present your parking ticket to our hostess for validation stamp.
A word from The Majestic Grille
Welcome to The Majestic Grille, located in downtown Memphis, Tennessee. What began in 1913 as The Majestic Theatre is now a 1940's style bar & grille specializing in steaks, fresh seafood, flatbread creations & gourmet burgers. Just steps away from Beale Street, The FedEx Forum, The Orpheum Theatre, Autozone Park & downtown hotels, The Majestic Grille provides an upscale, uniquely Memphis ambience with accessible menu options at reasonable prices. Watch the trolley go by on our lunch patio, enjoy a signature martini at our 40-foot granite bar or gaze at the intricate theatre ceiling while dining with friends...either way you'll enjoy great food & friendly service. Come experience the gracious hospitality of The Majestic Grille.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Majestic Grille - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The Majestic Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
203 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (108)great for brunch (87)romantic (73)great for outdoor dining (73)neighborhood gem (66)good for groups (65)fit for foodies (62)great for lunch (56)hot spot (46)notable wine list (27)scenic view (23)late-night find (16)vibrant bar scene (16)kid-friendly (12)Show More
- Shrimp and GritsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014The Shrimp and Grits were some of the best that I have ever eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The salmon appetizer was amazing!!! The ribeye my husband had was okay (per him), and the chicken carbonara, although the cream was good, the meal itself lacked the wow factor. Also, I tried their renowned honeysuckle cocktail. It was more of a lemon cocktail.Special Features:
- Pre Theater DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I booked at the Majestic precisely because it is close to the Orpheum Theater and because the varied menu had offerings for a wide range of tastes and choices for children as well. It seemed the perfect choice. Prior to my reservation date I was contacted by the restaurant to confirm my reservation which I thought was a nice touch, and when we arrived we were seated immediately. Our waiter brought our drinks immediately & while it took a long time to get our order placed, our food was very good once delivered. I would go back for the food & hope to have better experience with the wait staff.Special Features:
- MajesticfoodfunDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I came to celebrate our one-year anniversary over the weekend. We had never been during brunch and it was fantastic! We have always enjoyed Majestic very much and have always come for dinner and it was very nice to experience the atmosphere during the brunch hours. Thank you for such a memorable time and meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaDined on 9/26/2014We enjoyed dining at Majestic Grille. It is perfect for an evening of great food and convenience to the Orpheum. The trout was delicious, and our waiter was gracious to allow me to substitute a salad for the prefix menu. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just the placeMissriverDined on 9/25/2014This is a wonderful place to go before a performance at the Orpheum. The staff is friendly and courteous, and the food is very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KNeeDined on 9/21/2014Food was really good. Great place for brunch. Nice to see Downtown Memphis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambiance, bland foodMistress3goDined on 9/19/2014We went to the majestic grill for our anniversary. The sausage and cheese platter was pretty good, although I could have done without the handful of dried cranberries and the stale crackers. The mushroom tortelli was bland and greasy. The fillet was well cooked. The dessert shots were nice, just the right size for finishing off a small meal.Special Features:
- Service is everything! !RozzieDined on 9/13/2014When you have to ask for complementary bread it really sets a bad tone for the rest of the evening. The scene was lovely but once again a bad waitress spoils all that. She didn't give her name as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over cooked foodFoodLover39Dined on 9/13/2014Pork loin and burger wasn't cooked right. Med burger was well done. Pork loin burnt and dry. Loved spinach dip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Overly ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014It was nice to check out a new experience in the city. My husband and I did enjoy our time, but were not overly impressed by the food. Another thing that stood out to us were the plastic cups used for drinking. You can find the same type of pastil cups in college cafeterias. Not sure if we would recommend it for a special occasion, more of a simple, different place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incomplete MenulimitedmenuDined on 9/6/2014The menu offerings are limited to breakfast items, sandwiches or pizza. Where are the specialty entrees with fish or pork, veal or beef?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicezxdcfghy2345667ujkDined on 8/31/2014Great food and service. You should have let us in the vestibule since it was raining like hell and there was a bunch of people waiting to get in an take cover. Sunday morning 10:10. You opened the door after 10:30. We were wet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Our waiter was incredibly kind and attentive, going out of his way to make sure we enjoyed our experience, including my four year old. The food was delicious, though my only hiccup was that the biscuits and gravy came out lukewarm. Our waiter immediately took them back to the kitchen and a few minutes later I was given a fresh serving. The mimosa was the largest I've ever had at a restaurant brunch, yet still retained its quality. I am definitely returning to Majestic and will be recommending it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite meeting place...IHeartMemphisDined on 8/26/2014Thank you Majestic Grille for another fabulous dinner. The wine was delicious, the service was superb and our meal was delicious. With our reservations we were seated almost immediately and made comfortable with pre-dinner wine. We were allowed to take our time with menu selections and never made to feel rushed through our meal. It was the perfect setting for a quiet dinner with friends and family. Always a favorite, we were not disappointed and will look forward to our next experience at The Majestic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at MajesticAngieDined on 8/23/2014I love the Majestic! The food is always excellent and the ambiance is wonderful. Our waiter, Tony, was great! He was very attentive and made sure that we were well taken care of. It was my birthday dinner so it was a special night for us! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrPC15Dined on 8/23/2014I thoroughly enjoyed everything about my experience. My server was really knowledgeable and did not use a script. Such a great business smart idea is the small desert glass. I thought that was so ideal by which in turn made me purchase one even-though I was full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ImpressionMadseafoodloverDined on 8/22/2014Although I have only been here once, the food takes the stage! Service and atmosphere were not far behind! I am eager to go back to try more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great locationJcdinerVIPDined on 8/21/2014We enjoyed the food and ambiance. Service was excellent and the food very good. We will return!Special Features:
- Majestic Grille - MemphisSarahLDined on 8/21/2014Great food! Good service (not as friendly as I thought Memphis hospitality had been), but everything was good.Special Features:
- Always a favoriteItsalarkDined on 8/20/2014Midweek busy. The staff was efficient and very cordial. The woman attending our table determined that we were going to a show and paced our service to get us out the door in time. The food was consistently very good. We had salmon, tuna, steak and pasta, all good. Excellent wild mushroom flatbread! Excellent presentation of fresh seasonal vegetables. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time to Memphis1st2MemphisDined on 8/20/2014Our first trip to Memphis. The Majestic Grille highlighted our restaurant experiences in Memphis. The food was great, service great and the price was not out of line. We will be back our next trip to Memphis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and nice atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014My husband and I took by daughter to Majestic Grille to celebrate her 20th birthday --- We loved it and had a great time. We all ordered a different dish so we could sample each other's food. We ordered the pork tenderloin, the roasted chicken and the ribs. All three dishes were delicious; but the favorite at our table was the pork tenderloin. It was flavored and cooked to perfection. In addition to great food, the service was excellent. We will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!aemrn96Dined on 8/17/2014Loved the grilled cheese and tomato basil soup. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great everytime I go.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Host at front attentive and friendly. Waiter we had was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/17/2014lovely menu with too many choices. fun building, former movie theaterSpecial Features:
- Great meal and servicemdbuttercupVIPDined on 8/16/2014Server was attentive and efficient and good humored. Ribs were very meaty and tender. Salmon was excellent and the green beans were crispy and tasty. No room for dessert as we were visiting from out if town.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely slow1cee2ceeDined on 8/9/2014Our waitress was extremely slow,but I don't think it was her fault,seemed like the kitchen was sending food out slow. The food I had was good(ribs),but my husband had to send his burger back and eventually taken off the check completely because they couldn't get it right. Would like to give them a second chance because the ambience was great,but maybe not on a Saturday night during Elvis week.Special Features:
- AnniversaryDwhittenDined on 8/8/2014We went there for our wedding anniversary dinner. Good food. OK service. Would definently go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Service!Juno60VIPDined on 8/6/2014Majestic Grille is a favorite and we have had very good service each time we visit, but I must say that our server, Dana was above and beyond service at it's best. Hands on, great eye contact, attentive and service without interruption...a true professional. Excellent Dana!!! As always salads were delicious and steak cooked to perfection and love the desserts! Looking forward to many more majestic dinners with Majestic Grille!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Food was excellent, service was impeccable, we were able to relax and still conduct business in the setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014They have the best brunch deals- Great mimosas, biscuits, so much food! Will definitely be brunching here more often. And our waitress was wonderful as well.Special Features:
- LindenDined on 8/3/2014Great space, excellent food with a variety of choices, reasonable pricing, great brunch bloody marys and mimosas at prices that won't break the bank!Special Features:
- Our First Trip to the MajesticCigarjoeDined on 8/2/2014This weekend, we ate at The Majestic, for the first time. It was a great experience. I had the rib-eye and my wife had the grouper. I've enjoyed a lot of rib-eyes in my life but this one was one of the best. It had exceptional flavor and was perfectly prepared. My wife's grouper was the same. Our server was very attentive and kept the glasses full. The Shot-glass sized desserts were the perfect end to a great meal. I had the key lime pie and my wife had the creme brulee and was very impressed. This is a restaurant that we will be visiting again soon. Thanks Majestic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentEvelynDined on 8/1/2014We always go to the Majestic before an Orpheum show. It was great as always. We had the smoked salmon appetizer, seasonal veggie plate and a tomato-basil flatbread. All were excellent. Our server was attentive and took good care of us. As a bonus: It was a rare beautiful night in July in Memphis and we sat on the patio. In other words, everything was great. The on to the Orpheum for Princess Bride. It made for a perfect night.
- Enjoyed the experiencerickbillDined on 7/25/2014I took my wife there for her birthday. Really impressed with the establishment. Will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary spotcyclemonster89Dined on 7/25/2014My wife and I celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary at the Majestic Grille. I didn't mention this when making the reservation, but when the staff discovered our special occasion, they went out of their way to make the night special. Great customer service. They've made loyal customers out of us. We will be back. Oh, our food was excellent as well.Special Features:
- President & CEOLMSD1Dined on 7/25/2014This dinning experience was set up for our wedding anniversary. To my surprise, we were greeted, by name, with "Happy Anniversary" by multiple employees throughout the night. Our server, Ronnie, is in the top 5 category of servers throughout the world. (BTW, we travel domestically and internationally extensively.) She was awesome! The Fillet was also in the top 3 of my life. My wife chose the rare Tuna. She was equally impressed. This was our third visit to The Majestic Grill. It just keeps getting better and better each time we go. TMG is one of the Mid-South's best kept secrets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic in every way!!31stAnniversaryDined on 7/25/2014The staff of the Majestic Grille made our celebration dinner a fabulous experience!! Thank you!!! It was so special. We definitely will be back soon and recommend you to everyone!!! We Love the Majestic Grille!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightfulinternational4lifeDined on 7/22/2014I wanted something not barbeque, not fried. This place was amazing. Had the mahi-mahi, it was heavenly. Service was excellent. Sat outside to watch people go by on a perfect evening. Would recommend to anyone to go here. Fresh food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.