The Majestic Cafe
2929 Colby Avenue
Everett, WA 98201Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Majestic Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.themajesticcafe.com/
- Phone: 4253392074x
- Hours of Operation:
Weekend Brunch: 9:00AM - 4:00PM
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00AM - 4:00PM, Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 3:00PM - 6:00PM; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Chris Prier
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Majestic Cafe
Where Classic American Food Receives Star Treatment...and so will you! We pride ourselves in serving classic comfort food with creative twists. We also pride ourselves in our scratch cooking, and using the best primary ingredients we can to serve you delicious and well-made food. We serve everything from Mac & Cheese to fresh Seafood, all made from scratch. Love Liver & Onions - you'll really love ours! Meatloaf, Steaks, Classic Hamburgers, Fish & Chips (hand-breaded by us), Fried Chicken, and the list goes on...Have a comfort food craving? How about a slice of four layer chocolate cake with chocolate ganache? We can satisfy your craving with scratch made food that's well prepared, delicious, and good value for your money. We'll see you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
The Majestic Cafe - Best Restaurants in Everett ›
The Majestic Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (10)fit for foodies (9)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (7)special occasion (6)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (5)romantic (5)notable wine list (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Majestic- a great place to eatRealFoodLoverDined on 9/9/2014The food was VERY Good. Working back to front, the bread pudding was the best I have ever had. By far. The pulled pork BBQ was delicious. The gorgonzola fries for an appetizer were very tasty, but probably a little too much for a premeal starter, but that was our fault. The wine recommendation was spot on and very good. Lastly, Kenny, our server and his sidekick Andrew made our meal that much more enjoyable. Great sense of humor, clearly enjoying what they do and enhancing our evening out. Great place and we will be back.Special Features:
- Not the same experience as othersCookstersalibiDined on 9/7/2014We tried it out for dinner last Sunday based on the reviews. I was excited to check it out. However, food was so so, energy in the room was flat, and the decor is very dated.
- My Favorite in Greater SeattleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014I have eaten all over in this area, I live in south Everett and work in downtown Seattle, I regularly try food from Seattle's fancier restaurants for work events and business dinners, this is my favorite restaurant. The look of the restaurant is not top of the line but it sticks with a theme and is clean and accommodating. The staff is very friendly but not overly attentive. The food is GREAT. I usually get the Gorgonzola steak and I have never gotten an over or under cooked steak. The kicker is the food is on par with downtown Seattle restaurants that serve the same type of food for 2-3 times as much. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great meal, don't go down to Seattle, save your cash and go to the Majestic Cafe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasn't sureStoshDined on 8/27/2014But this was a keeper. The waiter was very attentive. Food was good. I even used a groupon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!!!Djbaldw1Dined on 8/23/2014All food made from scratch! Best food I've had in a long time. Service is the best Ive ever had and they remembered me by name.Special Features:
- Reservation website inaccurate.TalkeetnanurseDined on 8/19/2014I made reservations for two at seven PM last Monday, which were confirmed. When I arrived, the restaurant was closed. It is closed every Monday. Even so, I was able to make a reservation for a restaurant that would not be open. Disappointed.
- nom nom nomnomnomDined on 8/9/2014gotta go to this place every couple weeks. never fails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!Djbaldw1Dined on 7/11/2014Best place I've been to in a long time. The food was all made from scratch and was amazing. The bread pudding with whiskey caramel sauce was so good we went back the next night just to have some again. The service was a 15/10. I can't remember the last time I got this good of service. The next night they even remembered what we had before and had it ready just in case. It was also nice and quiet. It's my new favorite restaurant. And the food was cheaper than Applebee's. If you haven't been you need to try this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findRetiredbigalDined on 6/28/2014Sat night made reservations for 4 at 6:30 PM. Wait staff was friendly and each couple ordered a shared entre for a $3 charge. Half portion of the Salmon was great with garlic mashed potatoes and generous salad. Friend's prime rib was tasty, but a little tough. A sharp knife would have been helpful. We were seated at the front window which was quiet. The service was very slow.
- Awesome Food, Awesome Service!RJW2001Dined on 6/25/2014There were too many good choices on the menu for me to decide on what to get on my first visit. Service was awesome & fast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy and great food2EZandGR8FoodDined on 6/12/2014Easy reservation process. Best website. Great customer service. We made our initial reservation electronically and then the day of added 6 more which the person on the phone was very professional and accommodating. Everyone loved!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!CatmanDined on 5/24/2014We go to the Majestic as often as any restaurant in Everett. THE BEST drinks and happy hour goodies. Dinners are wonderful. We had each of the specials, prime rib for me, halibut for my wife. Superb! Waitress was very nice, ambiance adequate - the booths are cozier than the other table. Oh yes, we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 166 reviews are from the The Majestic Cafe reviews archive.
- Friendly atmosphereGolfGirlDined on 5/11/2014Nice Mothers day dinner following an afternoon play at the Village Theatre. Friendly, comfortable atmosphere with tasty menu options at reasonable prices. Our greeter and wait staff were very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Great ServiceBilllaDined on 5/11/2014Overall, I'd rate the experience as "Good". The location is good with an amazing bar, but the overall ambiance is a bit sparse. The food again is "good" - the quality, preparation and presentation was good; the portion size was smaller than I might have expected at this price point. The service was Very Good - nice people, good attention and good communication even while the delivery took longer than I might expect, although this was on Mother's Day so they were certainly busy. I'd like to see these folks really step up and bring the quality of their food and the ambiance in the environment up to the level that the magnificent bar would indicate.
- Majestic Food Find, Great PlaceNorthSongDined on 4/21/2014It's about time someone got a clue about what people really want out of a dining out experience! Thoroughly enjoyed the food there, it was a surprise how fantastic it was!!! The servers were openly friendly, casual and it felt like we were dining in a four star restaurant! Will go back again and again!Special Features:
- Last Minute Easter BrunchPinesToDineDined on 4/20/2014We didn't make our reservation until almost Easter but were pleasantly surprised when we found several options in our time range. There is an historic feel to the place - the arch in the bar area is really beautiful. Everything we ordered arrived quickly and exactly as ordered. We both commented on how good the sausage was - one of us had sausage patties (nicely sized, not too big and not small) and the other had sausage in their omelette. The coffee was great and the waitstaff kept a close eye on our cups so we never ran out. The service was quick & very efficient, the presentation was eye-catching and the food was good. REALLY good. I will be going back as soon as I can - absolutely! Oh yeah - the prices are not painful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Majestic March14athwartshipDined on 3/29/2014Made online reservations and table was ready within 5 mins of our arrival. Good system! It was a full house with a small waiting list - so it was busy. Ther server took a while to get to us which is understandable in this environment. Took our order and man, we waited forever for appetizer, salad and even longer for entree! Food was middle of the road, nothing to complain about, but nothing special either. Overall, not a bad place at all, but be prepared for slow service and plenty of conversation while you wait!
- I will not be eating at yourLefthungryDined on 3/29/2014I will not be eating at your resturant again. I'm sure your restaurat is enjoyed by people who have money to burn, but that't not me. I was underwhelmed by how little food 20.00 bought me. I left your restaurant hungry as I was unable to afford to buy bread, salad, dessert or anything else to go along with the tiny amount of food on my plate. Silly me, I thought I would get enough food to fill me up for 20.000. When I eat out, I expect to leave satisfied, and I wasn't even close. Other resturants can provide enough food to fill me up for much less than 20.00, so I assume you are simply out to make as much money as you can. I did not care for the piano, could not hear the conversation. All in all, I found nothing to recommend.
- OK, but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/21/2014Food is good, service was great. Large portions and decent beer list. Would go again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but over pricedSlashxceoDined on 2/22/2014So the food was adequate. I had the prime rib and my wife had the pork. Both were cooked as we ordered them, but overall there was nothing to write home about. If the meals were $5-10 cheaper I would have probably given the place a 4.5. The place has a bar but it was dead.
- Happy Hour SnafuWeLoveHappyHourDined on 2/21/2014We made our reservation so that we could be there for happy hour, not realizing that it was only available in the bar (which I do feel ought to have been more prevalently stated on the website- I didn't see it on there at all, but that's not to say it's not there somewhere), and they were actually very helpful with allowing us to be reseated in the bar.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Valentine's Day MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2014I was surprised to see a fixed menu for Valentine's Day but it was a varied 4 course meal. The meatloaf with mushroom gravy was yummy and the filet steak wrapped in bacon melted in my mouth. The Key Lime pie with macadamia crust was really rich. Our waiter was very friendly and took excellent care of us even though the restaurant was packed. I would definitely go again to try other items off their regular menu. Despite being full there was not much noise to enjoy the relaxing music being played on their mini grand piano.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timerteddybearDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I dined at the Majestic on Valentines Day. We had a wonderful experience. The food was great and the so was the service. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service49foodDined on 2/14/2014we went on Valentines Day... food was okay but the service was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening outSuffolkaleDined on 2/8/2014From the time we walked in to the time we left we were made to feel special Our waitress was excellent also the young man that assisted her.We each ordered something different and each plate lived up to our expectations. For dessert we ordered an apple pie sundae which we all shared it was yummy to say the least. Cannot wait to returnSpecial Features:
- Comfort foodkarenbuzzDined on 2/8/2014My daughter and I were attending the Village Theater at 8:00. The server asked us about our plans for the evening to make sure we would have adequate time. The Majestic is always very attentive to this detail. We wanted time to enjoy a drink and our food without hurrying. The menu has really good comfort food selections. Food that we grew up with like meatloaf and mac and cheese are always some of my favorites. The piano player was playing early on a Saturday night which I appreciated. A lot of restaurants do not bring out the entertainment until late. This was nice to eat and talk and listen to the music and enjoy some wine before heading to the theater. The Majestic gets extra points in my book for having this available early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Events Menuout2dinnerDined on 2/1/2014Unknown to us, and not mentioned on their website, the Majestic uses an Event Menu when there are events at Comcast Arena or the local theaters. This menu does not have the same choice's as their regular menu and it appears the prices are higher also. The food is just as good but, I had my taste buds prepared for other items. We were a tad bit disappointed and almost left for another restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereBeanFamDined on 2/1/2014We had a group of 6 4 of which were under 12. The girls were crazy happy and had a great time the staff was very accommodating and friendly. They were also time conscious of our next event. We had a fun time naming all the celebrities on the wall. And next time the piano players in the group might get the courage to play a few notes. Thanks for making it a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love the Majestic. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014We love the Majestic. The service and the food it top notch!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerHalberdDined on 1/3/2014Food was great and so was the service. We were celebrating my wife's birthday and she thoroughly enjoyed her meal. She had the sea bass which was cooked perfectly and well presented. She was already talking about when she would be back.Special Features:
- Holiday MealNoneDined on 12/31/2013NY Eve dinner was a fixed price menu. Meals included bread, soup or salad, entree, and dessert. I was surprised there was only one seafood dish offered. The salad was excellent, and so was the meatloaf I ordered. The server was attentive and accommodating. It look a long time for our meals to arrive, but we weren't in a hurry, so it wasn't a huge deal. The bread pudding was not that good...dry and kind of tasteless, though the sauce was good. They went out of their way to accommodate my request for a quiet table for the hearing-impaired in our party, and I really appreciated them doing so. It made for a much more pleasant evening. Given my choice, I'd have preferred the regular menu. Still, I love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve 20133squaresDined on 12/31/2013Fabulous food and super friendly, attentive service, as always! The room layout makes the noise level higher than is comfortable while dining. Fortunately, the piano player's lovely and amazing musical contribution to the evening helped alleviate that somewhat; much appreciation for that! Will continue to recommend this place to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!FoodieDined on 12/31/2013Not our first time at the Majestic. Every experience has been top notch! From greeting to service and most definitely the delicious food, you won't be disappointed if you visit this fine restaurant in Everett. Great for special occasion or even a meal before a hockey game or fine arts event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the experience. HugeLLBOYESDined on 12/27/2013Enjoyed the experience. Huge portions. Will need a to go bag.Special Features:
- Great Food.brasfrb12Dined on 12/14/2013This is my 4th vist. I had the Chicken Fried Steak and my dining partner the pot roast. The food was outstanding. Portions were generous. This is a great place for a relaxing Sit Down dinner. Give yourself time to enjoy the ambience and the food. Reservations important at peak times. Not a place to go if you are in a hurry. I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still not as cozy as it was...Wsu1351Dined on 12/14/2013Went for brunch on a Saturday. Food was excellent. Last time I was here they had just opened on Colby. I was really hoping they'd settled in better but alas the space since seems like a brew pub. Needs warming, literally and figuratively.. Should have moved over the theater curtains, the space needs breaking up. Booths are fine, but tables are sad, I pray they get covered for dinner. That said, food is great, prices reasonable, service competent... I will recommend with disclaimer re ambiance or rather lack thereof.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a last minute changeloriinwaDined on 11/28/2013We had a last minute change of plans on Thanksgiving and were lucky to get reservations at The Majestic Cafe for their Thanksgiving Day dinner. The food was excellent. Very traditional! I had the turkey and my hubby had the prime rib. I don't know what they did to the turkey, but it is the best I have ever had. It was tender and juicy and had a distinct flavor that indicated that it had been brined or marinated in some kind of herbs or spices. Delicious! The sides were all the usual suspects you hope to find at Thanksgiving, but with more flavor and flair. The server was very attentive and gracious, too. All in all, it was a wonderful dining experience and made our change of plans a blessing instead of a disaster!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's becoming a ThanksgivingCamanoDined on 11/28/2013It's becoming a Thanksgiving tradition of its own for us.Special Features:
- Excellent Thanksgiving Dinner!KatsykesDined on 11/28/2013We thoroughly enjoyed the special offering for Thanksgiving. The food was excellent and our server, Kenny, was a really personable and great waiter. We will definitely return to try the regular fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Thanksgiving dinnerhappyfamilyDined on 11/28/2013We were so pleased to find The Majestic Café in our search for restaurants serving Thanksgiving dinner. There was a surprisingly wide range of choices for this special occasion dinner. While my kids and I opted for the turkey, my husband really enjoyed the prime rib, and there were other options for main course, including salmon and ham. Everything was delicious. The portions were large with all the fixings: yams, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, bread, and cranberry sauce. We each tried a different dessert, and everyone was happy. The price was really reasonable for a special occasion dinner like this. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.