125 S. College Avenue
Fort Collins, CO 80524Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mainlinefoco.com/
- Phone: (970) 449-5601
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Treehouse: 4:00 pm - 1:30 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Eric Chiappetta
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Plan your next special event with MainLine! A perfect location for rehearsal dinners, cocktail parties, business meetings and more, our private Wi-Fi capable dining area seats up to 32 people comfortably. Sections of the restaurant are available for buyouts as well, accommodating up to 150 guests. Contact Danielle so we can start creating your perfect event!
- Private Party Contact: Danielle Hastings 9704495601x
- Cross Street: Mountain Avenue
- Public Transit: If you are using public transportation, the Transfort bus line routes 1, 5, 8, 9, 14, 15, 18, and 81 stop at the Downtown Transit Center (DTC) year round Mon-Sat. When the Poudre School District is in session, routes 91 & 92 use the DTC Mon-Fri. From 10:30p.m - 2:30a.m. both the Green & Gold routes travel via the DTC.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking downtown is free to the public, but limited to 2 hours during the day. There is also a parking garage on Mason & Laporte as well as at Mountain & Remington.
A word from The MainLine
Located in beautiful downtown Fort Collins, The Mainline features contemporary American cuisine with a southern influence and locally grown ingredients. Set against the unique landscape of Old Town, Chef Jeremy Gable invites you to partake in the innovative menu and exceptional service that have been a trademark of the Breckenridge-Wynkoop brand since its inception.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The MainLine reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (6)good for groups (5)neighborhood gem (5)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)romantic (2)special occasion (2)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- MainLineslawDined on 11/10/2014great evening with friends... very attentive wait staff (Brian).... good valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner!JennieDined on 10/17/2014Four of us visited Mainline on a Saturday night about 6 PM. We had been wanting to try this restaurant simply because it's beautiful and looks inviting. In addition to the beautiful decor we found excellent service and yummy food! Two of us ordered the bacon wrapped meatloaf, and two of us ordered the chicken and waffles. Everyone enjoyed their meal and was pleased with the care and creativity taken to prepare it. The service was friendly and attentive. Tip: during happy hour appetizers are half price! We were thinking it would be fun to come back, went out shopping, for appetizers and dessert. We will definitely be going back and possibly taking some out-of-town friends.Special Features:
- Great Evening OutTheaterGoerDined on 10/9/2014My finace and I were out for dinner before heading to the theater and were recommended the Mainline. I would doubly recommend the Mainline. The staff is attentive and laid back, the atmosphere is rustic, modern, and comfortable, and the food is marvelous. The baby-back ribs had a pleasant spicy kick, which was clamed by the fresh potato salad and green beans. She had the Fried Chicken a Waffles which were amazing! The best part was the pumpkin cheese cake, with homemade pumpkin brittle. The portions were adequate but not small, great beer and wine selection. Highly recommended for a night out.Special Features:
- Good birthday dinner for my sisterAC1609VIPDined on 10/5/2014Our server was excellent. We really enjoyed all of the food I am puzzled as to why they are not super busy!Special Features:
- AnneDined on 10/4/2014Our waitress was great so personable and willing to share lots of information about the Fort Collins area. Great people watching place and our "old fashions" were the best ever. We asked for the bar's recipe on the way out and they kindly obliged. Food was good and not overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceFOCOBoundVIPDined on 9/13/2014Enjoyed our dinner here - menu is different. Chicken pot pie was good - loved that it didn't have alot of pastry with it. Others had bacon wrapped meatloaf - they said it was good. Sat on roof - outside - lovely night - street a little noisy. Nice place.
- Just OKLTranVIPDined on 8/8/2014Mainline has a lot of options but the food is decent - nothing spectacular and quite pricey. There are a ton of drink options.Special Features:
- The following 18 reviews are from the The MainLine reviews archive.
- Great Food, Great GinCkottenDined on 7/24/2014Ahi Tuna was perfect. They substituted potatoes for the coconut jasmine rice no problem (was afraid of coconut taste), but as it turns out it was not very coconutty and really good, as my daughter had the same thing. I am a gin & tonic fan, and they brought me a list of 10 or so, and I got to try several new types. Fort Collins is really becoming the food and spirit's capital of the US. It's amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RudyVIPDined on 7/6/2014Bartender was knowledgable and friendly. Great diverse food and drink menus. Service was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the upstairsdkow27Dined on 5/21/2014On a sunny day the outdoor patio would be great. Great food and try the rye ManhattanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LacklusterkayamDined on 5/21/2014We had high hopes for a business lunch at this new to Fort Collins restaurant, and the service was great, from the hostess to the wait staff. However, the food was lackluster. We ordered burgers and fries, nothing complicated. Fries were overcooked to the point of being hard (not crispy, actually cooked through to be hard), and the burgers appeared to be pre-formed from a frozen package. Food was OK, but there are far better lunch choices in Fort Collins. Disappointing.Special Features:
- Slow servicerkmnDined on 5/20/2014This was my 3rd time at this restaurant, for a birthday. Overall the service has always been friendly and the food is good. I appreciate the options (especially regarding portion size) offered on their menu. However this last time the service was extremely slow. I heard friends at my table complain they could see our waitress chatting at the bar with other employees while we waited probably 20 minutes for our check after requesting it. We were seated in the corner but it was a Tuesday night and not too busy with plenty of staff around.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energetic AtmosphereFClocalDined on 5/15/2014The MainLine presents a hip ambiance and nice bar. The wait staff are friendly and interesting. The food is average and the menu is limited - better for bar food than a dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well seasoned foodgourmetcrazyDined on 4/20/2014We were positively impressed by the food there. We loved the 50/50 Burger and their tots. Both were very well seasoned and tasty. The soul music selection was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodSarnoldVIPDined on 4/19/2014Food is amazing, service is a little slow and unattentitive, definitely could be improved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All 4 of us really enjoyedluvmexfoodDined on 4/5/2014All 4 of us really enjoyed our meals. You must try the 50/50 burger. My husband was very impressed by the number of beers on tap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and wineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2014Different takes on classic dishes. Over all a fun choice. Not many beers on tap, but a good wine list and great happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lots of potential...roccoDined on 1/1/2014we were here in August for opening week, and again several times since including this visit. the menu is eclectic but not extensive; the decor and patio are very nice. Quality of food including presentation could improve; service, in spite of a slow night was non-attentive. this could be a great place but management needs to pay more attention IMO.Special Features:
- what a mess!focodinersDined on 12/31/2013My husband and I have been to the mainline 4 or 5 times so far, each time with hopes that it was learning from it's mistakes. WHAT A MESS! Service is slow and rude and inexperienced. The atmosphere it way too loud! We will never come back after this last visit. We were sending a couple new people your way each week but I cant confidently do that anymore!
- dont go in a suitjohnnyDined on 12/31/2013If you are looking for a classy place to take a date for a romantic evening. this is not the place. despite the classy menu and wine list the ambiance was more like a rowdy bar than a comfortable sit down restaurant.Special Features:
- Cold food twice, shame on meOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/24/2013This was our second trip to this restaurant and I am afraid to say that it was a big disppointment again. The food was too salty and served cold. I ordered the chicken and dumplings, but there were no dumplings!? I think they just dumped a can of Campbells chicken gravy and added green food coloring. My husband had the chicken and waffles and also thought it was gross and too dry. The first time we went I ordered the jalepeno chicken tacos that were equally dry, unimaginitive and cold.Special Features:
- goodyyummyfoodDined on 11/12/2013first time there for everyone in my group...6 of us/We all had a fantastic time.We loved the fact that we could sit and visit so long after eating.That was nice as we wanted to talk and catch up.Good food and beautiful atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although our reservation indicatedRudyVIPDined on 8/26/2013Although our reservation indicated a nut allergy, the cheese plate I ordered came with nuts. Menu didn't indicate nuts on cheese plate. Waitress and manager quickly removed nut plate when notified.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoying a celebration with friendsGertyDined on 8/25/2013I loved the atmosphere at the Main Line Restaurant, used brick, steel trees, sleek lines and decor, but warm. We were sitting at the front window area, loved the light airy feeling, and liked that the front door was open, but that day it was hot, so our spot got a little warm, A/C couldn't keep up with the warmth coming in from the front door Our server Jeff was awesome! When you find a place that has an experienced waiter, friendly, personable, knows beer, knows food, then that is most of what makes dining out pleasurable :) This is a rarity for Fort Collins dining, we appreciated Jeff's service. The food here is good, it could use more seasoning. salt and pepper at the table?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been here 3 times now.GoodfoodloverDined on 8/23/2013We have had mostly great experiences here. The remodel of the space is gorgeous. The upstairs atmosphere is more energetic and the menu is not as expansive as if one was dining downstairs. Great cocktails and beer selection. Food is good too. We will definitely go a fourth time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.