102 Pine Ave.
Long Beach, CA 90802Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.themadisonrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5626288866
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm -11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Reynaldo Tovar
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: The Madison offers live music on various days of the week. Please contact the restaurant for more information.
A word from The Madison
The Madison is a classic steakhouse featuring prime beef, chops, fowl and fresh seafood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Madison reviews from OpenTable diners
- We had a very pleasant eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012We had a very pleasant evening and Jesse our waiter did a nice job.Beautiful decor here.Special Features:
- Great as always. We celebratedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/18/2012Great as always. We celebrated my Mother's 90th Birthday and she was very pleased with the food and ambiance. As you can imagine, she's been to quite a few places to eat, and was very impressed with your restaurant!Special Features:
- Amazing architecture. 97-yearOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/11/2012Amazing architecture. 97-year old bank building with vault built in near bar area. Food was excellent as was the service.Special Features:
- One of Long Beach's BestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/9/2012After reading some of the criticism of the food we were skeptical, but since this is such a beautiful restaurant and local for us in Long Beach we were hoping that our experience would be a good one. And it was. We celebrated our anniversary there, as we have in past years. The service "Alex" was attentive and gracious. I had the rack of lamb and my spouse had the rib eye. Both were prepared perfectly. The mashed potatoes were awesome. The restaurant itself is one of Long Beach's overlooked "gems". The architecture is grand and something of the past, not trendy.It's a beautiful, classy restaurant where you eat and take your time and enjoy the experience. For those of you in a "hurry", there are always the chain restaurants down at the Pike.Special Features:
- Great food, and Jeff is aBurfordVIPDined on 6/1/2012Great food, and Jeff is a pleasant, efficient server. A nice meal, as always.Special Features:
- A Must to Eat At!SteakLoverVIPDined on 5/26/2012This was my first time and this place is great. Excellent food and great ambiance.Special Features:
- Excellent food paired withOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/18/2012Excellent food paired with excellent service. Best restaurant in the Long Beach area, in my opinion!Special Features:
- Great location not to crowded.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Great location not to crowded. I would suggest having more selection of meats and vegetables. For example mash potatoes,corn,green peas, and okgra. Meats such as chicken, steaks, etc. Just more of a variety of entries.Special Features:
- The service was great. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2012The service was great. The beef Wellington was the best i'Ve had. It was a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Beautiful ambiance and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2012Beautiful ambiance and very nice for a romantic dinner. I ordered the stuffed chicken and it was very good. Compared to L'Opera (across the street), we felt more welcomed and the staff was much more friendlier there. However, our waiter was very polite and did take care of us. Just a different vibe.Special Features:
- Great food with great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2012Great food with great service, but not much activity on a Friday night.Special Features:
- Over priced and we were underOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/14/2012Over priced and we were under whelmed. Pretty bad.
- Love this Restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/13/2012Go as often as possible. Great location, beautiful old bank building. Food is exceptional.Special Features:
- It is very nice and quiet.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/3/2012It is very nice and quiet. The service is excellent and the food is delicious.Special Features:
- Beautiful interior. Was surprisinglKobeDined on 3/24/2012Beautiful interior. Was surprisingly slow for a Saturday night. I put the noise level as quiet, but it could probably get a little noisey if it filled up. Very good experience - I would definitly go back again.Special Features:
- Elegant & old world - a formerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/17/2012Elegant & old world - a former bank now with booths & chandeliers. Excellent food & drinks with attentive staff. Not inexpensive.Special Features:
- Went there on Sat, there wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2012Went there on Sat, there was only one server with more that 5 tables and he didnt do a good job. My drink was not refilled and the food took a really long time, over 40 minutes. This was on a slow night! The place was overly expensive and the food was just ok. I will not go back.
- Steaks are like butter soooOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012Steaks are like butter sooo goodService is always excellentSpecial Features:
- Food was okay. Cannot believeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012Food was okay. Cannot believe that they did not have baked potatoes or mushrooms as side orders on a Saturday night and the place was maybe 20% full at best. Waiter was very apologetic but the chef should manage the kitchen and his food inventory better.Special Features:
- Service was accommodatingPinkCosmoDined on 3/7/2012Service was accommodating and professional though a bit slow. The salmon of the day in a light cream wine sauce was excellent. Calamari was also good. Bread is on the sweet side as is the French onion soup which has not bread or melted cheese by the way. Large bottle wine list but very small by the glass selection mainly comprised of their house wines. Public parking structure across 1st came out to $8+, about the same as valet.Special Features:
- ambiance and food were impressive.SherryDined on 3/2/2012ambiance and food were impressive. Prices were clear, we were told we did not understand. It was a "show special" That was what we ordered, but were charged attitional ala cart prices for salads and deserts. $16.50 is too much for a "well" vodka martini.Special Features:
- Beautiful Dining locationJamieDined on 2/18/2012This was my second visit to The Madison. The service was fantastic - our server was very attentive, didn't bother us and even gave us a free dessert! My wife wasn't in the mood for a huge meal so she went with crab cake appetizer and the soup of the day - Cream Vegetable. The soup was great, not too salty. The crab cake could have used more crab - too much filler. I had the New York, a little too fatty for a strip steak in my opinion, especially at the price. It was cooked properly though and the taste was good. I had the Madison mashed potatoes which were great. I was happy learn the bourbon was Bulleit, one of my cheap favs and it was reasonably priced. Overall the ZMadison is a beautiful place to dine and perfect for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Ordered the beef wellingtonOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/17/2012Ordered the beef wellington (medium), but when it was served its more on the medium-well to well-done side (I ate it still, coz I'm hungry). But their sauteed mushrooms is very very good, I would highly suggest that as your side dish. Place was quite for a Friday night, parking is valet for $8, there is also a parking area next to the restaurant, but its cost $5/hr. I suggest to use their valet instead.Special Features:
- Late Valentine's DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/17/2012Even though our server was EXCELLENT and provide outstanding service, I expected more from the food. We ordered the shrimp cocktail for a starter and it tasted as though the shrimp had been there for days. The broccoli soup was also alright and the petite filet was fair the only thing I REALLY enjoyed food-wise was the side of grilled vegetables and grilled asparagus. For the price we paid for our food I would expect delicious cuisine which was not what we got.Special Features:
- The restaurant is an art deco,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/16/2012The restaurant is an art deco, former bank building with high, decorative ceilings and beautiful wood appointments. The food was excellent and the service was spectacular. We were treated to a private tour of the bank's actual vault located downstairs in the private party room. Great space and food. Will return.Special Features:
- Excellent Service,Romantic AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2012I reserved our table at the Madison after finding it online. I was able to look at the restaurant and menu online ahead of time to get an idea of the fare I would find. The service was outstanding! My husband and I were served by Jeff and he was always there anticipating our needs before we even knew what we needed! His helper (didn't catch his name) always refilled our water and kept our table clean. It was so refreshing! I work in the restaurant industry so I really appreciate the way Jeff made sure everything about our night was perfect! It is a pricy place, but my husband & I both agreed it was well worth it due to the experience. Our dinner was about $150 with one cocktail and bee. My husband got the surf'n'turf & I got beef WellingtonSpecial Features:
- Probably last visit hereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/1/2012The Madison has been a favorite for special occasions. But it's gone donehill. The Chateaubriand for two was all right -- but they tried charging for three (there were only two of us)on the final check. They also brought Arnold Palmer teas before I finished the one I was drinking -- I thought that was great until they charged for each one. I've not had any other restaurant not have refills on Arnold Palmers. The waitress was on her first day and was nervous, but I liked her and she did good on service. I had asked for a surprise slice of cake for the birthday guy, but it never showed. No one came to apologize for trying to overcharge me more than $35. Think it's my last visit here.
- Our food took over an hourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/27/2012Our food took over an hour to come from the time we ordered it and tasted like it had been sitting under the warmers for at least half that time.
- I don't understand why thisMaryEDined on 1/13/2012I don't understand why this restaurant was not busy on a Friday night except that there are so many "youth-oriented" restaurants/bars in the area. Hope my review encourages some to try it!Special Features:
- Feels like stepping back intoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011Feels like stepping back into the most elegant time in history. Hotel feel without the hotel. Reminded me of The Plaza in NYC just a tad but that is saying a lot. Food was awesome. Very memorable and we will go back soon.Special Features:
- It would be difficult to find4yourdiningpleasureDined on 12/31/2011It would be difficult to find a more exquisite and elegant venue as it has retained it's historical elements of a 30's bank. Caesar salad was not crisp and true but waiter took charge off the menu when I mentioned. Capuccino was lukewarm but I had the feeling one of our wait staff was new and not really "on it" to the detriment of the waiter for our rather sizeable section.Special Features:
- The Madison is set insideOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/17/2011The Madison is set inside a vintage bank, and the interior designers held the period look brilliantly. The ambiance coupled with the attentive staff made for a fantastic thumbs up dining experience. The food - I describe it as "leaving me with the warm, comfortable feeling of a bubble bath." The Beef Wellington melts in your mouth, the fish of the day is the best I have eaten in a long, long time. Two thumbs up. You'll not find better dining in the Los Angeles basin.Special Features:
- The madison is always great,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/16/2011The madison is always great, I have been going there for several years and they always make it a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Beautiful building, pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/14/2011Beautiful building, pleasant staff, appetizers and side dishes were all major disappointments. Main courses were good, mostly steaks and one person had lobster. Calamari, carpaccio, manchego mac & cheese, creamed spinach and Madison potatoes, were all very bad. No seasoning and not well made. Have had better mac and cheese and spinach from frozen. Its a shame because it seems they have been getting the same feedback over and over and dont do anything to fix it, and they have a gorgeous building that their food does not do justice.
- hoitytoitBoypigDined on 12/7/2011Steak was not as big as I would have thought for the price.. Good quality but not a great deal. Fun place. Hate valet parking though. Specially for $8 !Special Features:
- Restaurant with characterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/3/2011Beautiful restaurant. Food was good, but not exceptional like I thought it would be looking at the menu. I would recommend to someone who wanted to see a beautiful restaurant with alot of character. The service was great. Be prepared to spend alot. A treat.Special Features:
- Make the time and go to The MadisonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2011The Madison has absolutely wonderful food and some of the best service I have ever experienced in a restaurant. It is wonderful for a romantic evening or just to bring the family for a delicious meal. The management go out of their way to ensure that every table has a wonderful experience and I highly suggest all to visit. I visit the Madison several times a month and it is a staple for family when they come into town.Special Features:
- Our waiter Alex was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/22/2011Our waiter Alex was excellent. He was very attentive and made our dining experience a pleasure. We were celebrating two birthdays, and he made guests feel special. We drove from Alhambra, but it was worth the drive. This was our first time and we will definitely be back.
- The Madison has been one ofjleewilsonDined on 10/7/2011The Madison has been one of those places, I've heard about but never been. It has been consistently lauded as Long Beach's pinnacle fine dining experience. Clearly that praise was not unfounded. From the gorgeous hardwood floors the the decorative heavy timber ceilings, The Madison is visual elegance. The wine list had a generous offering of some of the best California wines (from moderately priced to high end. The food was well-prepared and timed for leisurely but attentive service. Much recommended.Special Features:
- The Madison: Great food GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2011The Madison: Great food Great Service Good for special occasionSpecial Features: