The Long Room
120 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
The Long Room
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thelongroomnyc.com/
- Phone: 2129973933
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Wednesday - Saturday: 4:00 pm - 2:00 am
Sunday - Tuesday: 4:00 pm - 12:00 am midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Irish
- Executive Chef: Colter Dahl
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music Every Saturday Night @ 10pm
A word from The Long Room
The Long Room is located in the heart of Times Square @ 120 west 44th street between 6th Avenue & Broadway. We are an Irish Gastro Pub with an extensive Beer List, 44 Domestic & Imported Draughts with rotating Craft Beers, Including Cask Conditioned & over 40 by the bottle. We also have a wide range of Irish Whiskeys, Single Malts, Top Shelf Liquors & Fine Wines. Our Menu carries a wide variety of dishes, including American Fare, Tasty Appetizers, Sandwiches, Sullivan Street Pizza & Traditional Irish Fare with a Twist. The Long Room's Theme & Decor feature a Marble Bar, Library Walls, an Intricate Ceiling, and a 7ft Working Fireplace is a Celebration of the Long Room located in Trinity College, Dublin, home to the Book of Kells. Trinity College is Ireland's oldest University, established in 1592 & located in Dublin's City Center. The Book of Kells was created by Monks around 800A.D. and has been in Trinity College's possession since 1661 & now resides beside the entrance toContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Long Room reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (8)good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (6)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- MIMIVIPDined on 10/18/2014Awesome Pub just outside of the craziness of Times Square. Food was fantastic!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Pre/Post Theater Spot to Dine atmiomangiaDined on 9/21/2014Took a chance to dine here on the reviews from Open Table. It was across from the theater. The place was nice, waitress was hospitable and the food and drinks were great. What more can you ask for. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Great pub foodNorthcarolinagirlDined on 9/20/2014The beer and whiskey list was impressive. I thought the food was good and several different choices. We would definitely eat there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, relaxed vibelowerwestchesterVIPDined on 9/13/2014Service was great, food was awesome and they were great with my two girls!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WendylovesChicagowendyloveschicagoDined on 9/3/2014My friend and I enjoyed a leisurely lunch before the theater. We had perfect service, the restaurant was very quiet and our table was private...such a treat for a theater district restaurant , and we enjoyed a nice meal. The prices were reasonable and we enjoyed the ambiance! The Long Room has now become our favorite Midtown spot for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gesbDined on 7/20/2014Perfect pre-theater spot! We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 73 reviews are from the The Long Room reviews archive.
- Service? What service??OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014The food was actually pretty good and hot, which is a plus for me. However, that is where the praise ends. The first waitress took our orders then we never saw her again the entire time we were there. The next waitress required several times being asked to refill drinks and bring new drinks. It apparently also required 15 minutes to bring out a side of mayo once being asked. We finally got another waitress to finally bring the drink refills we requested from the 2nd waitress. The only critique of the food was it was slightly under seasoned, so it would have been nice to have salt and pepper. If you are willing to brave the horrible service for some pretty good food, them you might like this place, otherwise find some place else.
- Service Can Destroy a Restaurant!TiaritchVIPDined on 5/18/2014We had noon reservations here before a Sunday matinee. Although website said it would be open at 11, it was not. Finally a young woman opened the door and brought signboards out, no sense of welcome. We went in and although we had requested to sit in the back because earlier reviews had said it could get noisy up front,she ignored us and said she was the only one there and seating us in back would mean she would be running. Had her manner been friendly, we would have acquiesced. But she was remarkably unfriendly, even hostile. We insisted on sitting in the back which was very nice. Food fine. Great selection of beers. When we left, we heard her telling bartender, she was tired and feeling grouchy! We will NOT return.Special Features:
- Perfect Pre-Show Pre-GameSaphiraCatDined on 4/26/2014Went to see Hedwig at the Belasco and wanted a pre-show dinner that was close enough so we didn't feel rushed to eat, drink, and run. Had the Buffalo Bangers with Mash,Steak Crostinis, and Magners. Would definitely go back again! The Bangers are not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'd Like to be a regularWeezerDined on 4/13/2014Very warm atmosphere. I would like to go back to sample more of the menu. Great stop before or after a broadway show. The decor is suppose to be the Long Room at the Library of Trinity College in Dublin. Certainly an Irish feel.Special Features:
- Bad ServicebrooklynheightstonyVIPDined on 4/10/2014I booked a 12:00 reservation for 3 people. I arrived 15 minutes early and gave my name. They looked at their reservations screen and then seated me in the back. From my seat I could not see the front of the restaurant. I ordered a beer and waited and waited for my guests. At 12:20 I called one of my guests. They were both sitting in the front of the restaurant. They had also given my name and were seated there. I mentioned this to the hostess who had no reaction at all. I would have expected a simple "I'm sorry we messed up." Fortunately these were not clients or it could have been a problem. The food and beer were fine and I can understand that mistakes happen. I thought the lack of a reaction was troubling.
- We really enjoyed the wholeBoffDined on 4/5/2014We really enjoyed the whole atmosphere of the place. It was relaxed, but classy. I had their bratwurst burger (brat meat in a round patty on a burger bun) and it was great! Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my first visit andBCBXDined on 3/30/2014This was my first visit and I was very pleased. The service was outstanding and the food was excellent. I will definitely come back and I recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Ambience, Poor FoodAnniversaryCoupleDined on 3/15/2014We wanted to love the Long Room. Great music, including a live performance later that night, and a fantastic selection of beer. Unfortunately, the food was salty and soggy. The burger was overcooked and dry, and the fries were brown mush. Maybe it was an off night, but not even the service (which was great) could make up for the bad food.Special Features:
- Good timesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014It was a nice night and despite having three you flings the place was great couches and allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PubOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/8/2014The place was a great pub with typical but excellent pub food. I had the best fish & chips that I ever had in NY and my wife had a great lamb stew. Great selection of beer. Not rushed just a great felling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value for NYC. The roomOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/8/2014Great value for NYC. The room is filled with beautiful pictures of Ireland.Special Features:
- Great burgers although everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2014Great burgers although everything else is good. Try the double chocolate stout!Special Features:
- On arrival we were greetedpopadopDined on 1/26/2014On arrival we were greeted so gruffly that we considered leaving, but stayed anyway. Happy that we did as the server's mood seemed to improve and we enjoyed our post-theatre meal. Great sandwiches and beer. Quick service. Friendly enough after the start. I would stop in again for the steak sandwich.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Irish PubhradekaDined on 12/29/2013Great little find in the heart of NYC Times square area. Pretty quiet for the business or the area. It's a quaint place with a great menu. We had several apps and meals and all were fantastic. The staff was attentive and friendly. There were several large flat screen TVs, great for watching a sporting event. It has a long bar with high top tables and booth both in the front and back. I will definitely be going back next time I'm in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchMonaDined on 12/24/2013flatbread pizza great, burgers great. I wish we were given the option of being seated in the back of the restaurant. I wasn't aware there were more tables back there until I went to the ladies room. We had no option given by the waitress only to sit up front, which had backless chairs. Also, the restaurant wasn't crowded and it was after lunch time too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect before matineeJetterjeanneDined on 12/21/2013Ate at the Long Room before seeing a matinee on Broadway. We sat in the back of the restaurant and it was cozy for our group of seven. Plenty of reasonably priced choices and good choices for the Tweens that were in our group. Lots of beers to choose from too. Would go again especially before a show.Special Features:
- Surly HelpOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/14/2013We were a group of 10. They sat us in the back where the booths are raised and the tables are not. Our knees were at the same level as the tables. The restaurant was completely empty, so there was no reason to be sat like this. We asked if we could move and our waitress was visibly annoyed. She did not crack a smile and did not thank us when we left. Although they open at 11 there is no brunch menu and no drink specials. Don't waste your time, unless you want some "New York Attitude!"
- Extremely fortunateJohnyonthespotDined on 12/8/2013We had made reservations at another place weeks before for what was an annual holiday gathering. When we got to the restaurant they claimed to know nothing about it. We consulted Open table and found the Long Room could accomodate 17 and was half a block away. It was a Sunday and we were the first through the doors so I don't know what the place is like when it is packed. For us it was perfect. The staff was layed back which suited our purposes and the room was beautifully decorated for the holidays. It was large and cozy at the same time. The food was good and the atmosphere and service were right for a large group. I can't really speak to how they operate at capacity but for our needs it was perfect and we will go back next year.Special Features:
- Great burgerRickBDined on 12/7/2013My wife and I tried this place for a lunch prior to a Saturday afternoon theater date. This place is pretty much everything I want in a pub: decent beer, reliable comfort food, and inviting decor. The Long Room does indeed have a long bar at the front, but then opens to a dining area with tables and booths at the back. We sat in one of the curved booths which was great. My burger was delicious and was accompanied by excellent Greenpoint Anti-Freeze ale. During the course of the meal we did have to work at catching our servers attention, but it was lunch and it was busy - not like she disappeared or anything. I think we've found a new go-to spot whenever we go into the City for an afternoon show!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/13/2013Average food and surprisingly uncomfortable - the restaurant was noisy, and the high-stool-and-table seating was uncomfortable. Great place for a drink, but not for lunch.
- Wonderful Pub11191977Dined on 10/27/2013We enjoyed a delicious pre theater lunch of burgers fries, and salad. It is conveniently located to the theaters. The generously sized burgers were juicy, and prepared exactly as ordered. The fries were fresh cut, and the salad was fresh and nicely dressed with a tangy vinaigrette. The "harvest" beer from the brewery of the month perfectly complimented the meal. The atmosphere is relaxed, and welcoming. The service is friendly and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night Out!PCaseyDined on 10/19/2013We made reservations for 11 people celebrating my daughters upcoming wedding. I must say the food was very good, although the seating not so much. First we were told that our table wasn't ready because we had arrived early, when in fact when the reservations were checked we were correct. We were than sat at a table in the back in which they put together 3 tables which again were not enough to accommodate the party of 11. Then another section opened up on the other side in which we were moved there, again putting small round tables together to again try and accommodate the party of 11.Although the food is very good, as far as being comfortable and "all" sitting together to enjoy the evening that didn't happen. We will go back again!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a good pub for beforeKimballVIPDined on 10/19/2013This is a good pub for before the theater. There is a good selection of craft beers. The food is very good. Hamburgers were prepared exactly as requested. The waitress was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Irish pub with goodPamameDined on 10/5/2013Charming Irish pub with good food, fair prices, and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first time here.luv2eatoutVIPDined on 9/28/2013This was our first time here. We all enjoyed our meals! Salads, burgers, fries, and hummus were all delicious!! I would recommend this restaurant!!Special Features:
- Good food, good serviceChmsDined on 9/14/2013Decided on this restaurant based on reviews and that I needed a place to dine at 3:30pm. Overall, the food and service was quite good. We requested a seat in the back. We had good service and enjoyed the food. The seating was very comfortable. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- BeertasticWearsasDined on 8/24/2013Looking for something different around 6th ave,we came across the Long Room. What a great find, superb choice of beers and a great bar manager who was happy to help me choose one, Saturday night was steak night special deal, so my night was complete with a 14oz cooked to perfection. A superb place for people wanting a British style pub.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Location, Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2013We popped in here after a show on a Sunday night and had a great experience. The waiter, who was also the bartender, was very attentive and friendly, and the food was wonderful. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableDinaVIPDined on 6/26/2013A nice place to go for an enjoyable and quick lunch! Atmosphere and food are excellent. Always wonderful specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pub Style Setting with Gourmet SpinOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/11/2013This was our 2nd time at The Long Room and both times have been excellent! From top notch beer selection to an advanced gastropub menu with favorites like "Buffalo Meat Bangers and Mash" and "Thanksgiving Dinner on a Bun"! Definitely will return on future trips.Special Features:
- Very good food. If you don'tOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/9/2013Very good food. If you don't like noise, avoid happy hour.
- Love this place; it's ourloveSajuDined on 2/25/2013Love this place; it's our new lunch spot in Times Square.Special Features:
- No one was at the host stand.midwestVIPDined on 2/24/2013No one was at the host stand. No one wited on me. There seemed to be a gathering to wtch the Oscars. I left to eat next door.
- I have been to the Long RoomOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/23/2013I have been to the Long Room after work with groups of people but never for dinner. Food was really good, casual pub type food but with a foodie type flair. Had the edamame hummus as an appy and really enjoyed it. All the dishes that went by our table looked very good. Beer list is long and impressive, as well as the special brews that they always have. From the outside the Long Room doesn't look that big but when you get in there it opens up. Hidden gem in the Long Room is the fireplace. If you can get a seat by that, you'll never leave. Convenient to all the major theaters and right around the corner from Good Morning America's studios on Time Square.Special Features: