The Loft at Montage Laguna Beach
30801 South Coast Highway
Laguna Beach, CA 92651Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Loft at Montage Laguna Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.montagelagunabeach.com/laguna-beach-restaurants.php
- Phone: 9497156420
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 6:00am - 11:00am; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Casey Overton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Loft at Montage Laguna Beach
Located in the oceanfront resort, Montage Laguna Beach, The Loft features stunning panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean – the perfect backdrop for enjoying market-fresh, creative American cuisine by acclaimed Chef de Cuisine, Casey Overton with friendly, informed, and professional service. Chef Overton’s innovative signature dishes are a personal interpretation of California regional cuisine with strong influences from the Americas; other favorites also include roasted meats and seafood from the wood-burning, copper-hooded rotisserie. The interactive Cheese Gallery is a popular feature every evening with more than 150 selections for guests to enjoy. The talented fromagiers offer tasting tips and anecdotes, as well as pair cheeses with house-made accompaniments such as crackers, caramels, nuts, fruit compotes, and honeys.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
The Loft at Montage Laguna Beach - Best Restaurants in Laguna Beach ›
The Loft at Montage Laguna Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (91)special occasion (74)great for outdoor dining (69)romantic (52)fit for foodies (38)great for lunch (35)notable wine list (28)great for brunch (24)neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (12)kid-friendly (11)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Special DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2014My lady friend and I had a wonderful dinner at the Montage in Laguna for her birthday. We arrived right as the sun was setting and we were seated outdoors with an amazing view of the ocean, the sunset and the Montage property. We had a very relaxing evening with Great Food and wine, and our server Chris was just great. I think it was the nicest dinner out I can ever remember, seriously! We decided we are going to try Scarpettas at the Beverly Hills Montage next Saturday night for my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food just OKalycattyVIPDined on 10/18/2014After doing much research I decided to try here for our Anniversary dinner because of the reviews and mainly the menu. I have always wanted to try coffee crusted steak. We arrived, beautiful views, bar scene was great, good music playing. Service was good, ordered the highly overpriced soup and it tasted like a spicy can of Campbell's tomato soup, disappointed, went on to order the coffee crusted NY Steak and scallops. They offer no starch with the dinner, steak came with arugula which was odd and scallops served with cauliflower. Scallops were chewy and way to salty, steak was the biggest disappointment, it was sweet, almost like a coffee and brown sugar rub, not what you expect and was just not a good meal. I Wouldn't recommend it.Special Features:
- Always WonderfulmarlynchDined on 10/14/2014The Loft is never disappointing. The views are spectacular, as is the food and service. Everything was perfect! Thank you!Special Features:
- Laguna at its bestNewport1234Dined on 10/12/2014Great food, great service from David. Patio seat is the best. Tranquil and the Pacific at its finest. Pastry chef made us a great birthday cake with a quick callSpecial Features:
- A Great Place for CelebrationOCdinersDined on 10/12/2014We hosted a couple for their wedding anniversary for brunch and everything was over the top. Our waitress, Danielle, was attentive, helpful with menu items, and professional - all while being very personable and fun. The food was delicious, clearly fresh and/or homemade. Delicious cheddar puffs, along with other homemade breads in the bread basket - were amazing, all served warm. From the champagne to the dessert & coffee - we couldn't have been more pleased with the food, attentive service and the ocean view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchPartyFoulDined on 10/11/20147 of us went... I love The Loft..... friendly staff, helpful suggestions on food and wine. All around great atmosphere. I go about once a month and I am never disappointed! Views are always amazing too!Special Features:
- Pricey & Fabulous!lizyapVIPDined on 9/30/2014We recently did a "staycation" at the Montage and ate most of our meals here! I've just discovered my all-time favorite breakfast: Lobster Eggs benedict! ($31) Stuffed with LOTS of succulent Maine Lobster, served with potatoes, grilled asparagus - worth every penny! The dinners were also excellent - Halibut with heirloom hominy, sweet corn and snap peas & a lobster sauce - perfectly cooked! Another night had the Pork pappardelle - excellent! The tables outside have a lovely view of the ocean, moon at night or you can request an indoor table near the window for the the same effect. they also have an excellent pastry chef, so don't miss the pastries or desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entrees were good not greatjbitsDined on 9/29/2014We very very impressed with the view and and the cheese selections (amazing selection). Jason induced us to some fabulous cheeses. The entrees were overall good but not impressive. The artichoke soup was excellent and the sea bass was excellent, the salad was blah and the coffee encrusted steak was interesting but not great.Special Features:
- Wonderful Evening!jburkiVIPDined on 9/27/2014After admiring the sunset in the lobby bar with a few cocktails, we headed downstairs to The Loft for dinner. We then enjoyed appetizers, more drinks, dinner and dessert. The staff was attentive and thorough. I ordered the scallops which was just delicious. This is definitely a dinning treat which I hope to enjoy again soon!Special Features:
- The Loft @ The MontageGoodFoodieDined on 9/25/2014Great food and service at the Loft. Our guest have traveled the world and they love the food! Will be back again...Special Features:
- lovely lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Our servers were excellent. There needed to be more umbrellas, but otherwise it was very pleasant, with stunning views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The LoftsemilocalgalDined on 9/24/2014The only thing we were disappointed in was that we were not told there was a parking lot available as an option. The validated ($11) and unvalidated ($36) rates seemed a bit steep.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!JeanneDined on 9/24/2014We had breakfast there and I would highly recommend the Croissant with egg, cheese and bacon.Special Features:
- foodlover24Dined on 9/23/2014The ambience and service was great...but can't say about the food. I ordered scallop plate...the scallops were overcook and the the sauce was bitter. The cauliflower was chopped all different size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great late night, outdoor diningLagunabeachdinerDined on 9/19/2014We picked up out of town guests at the airport and needed at later reservation. Southern California heat wave had been going for 4 days and had just broken. Dining outdoors, feeling the ocean breeze while enjoying the fresh clean flavors served at the Loft sounded perfect. It was! Only negative was service that night. Typically service is flawless but possibly they were training new staff. The service was actually good but awkward. The hostess and our both waitress lacked confidence and interacted with a hesitant, tentative nature.Special Features:
- Not worth the money.JasonreviewsocDined on 9/19/2014Way overrated, the food was average at best, our server forgot everything, the bus biys did all the work. Too much to list, but there are many other restaurants out there that will give you way better service for the money.Special Features:
- Unforgettable!BirdieVIPDined on 9/15/2014We have heard so much about this very special place. Thank you for an unforgettable meal with an outstanding view!Special Features:
- Par ExcellenceJim925Dined on 9/12/2014Every time we bring family and friends it is a pleasure to share our paradise at Montage!s Loft and Studio restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service - Food GoodBokuDined on 9/11/2014The service was as always, excellent! Ordered the Chicken... Not so great. Looked and tasted like chicken breast drowned in miso soup with kale or collard greens. Wife ordered kurobuta pork... That was very good! During past visits, the chicken also was very good. Maybe Wednesday night was just an off day. Chef... Make sure the chicken doesn't slide backwards... Take a visit to Zuni's Cafe in SF for inspiration... Overall, the Loft is a great place for dining.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationSBBillDined on 9/9/2014Requested ocean view and birthday celebration on reservation. Could not have been more pleased with service, setting and quality of food. Complementary dessert a surprise and a delight. Ocean side walk of grounds after the meal - perfect!Special Features:
- A little disappointingnickyDined on 9/7/2014My dad and I had lunch last Sunday at the Loft because we hadn't been there for a long while and I always remembered how wonderful the food was and the selection. When I saw the very limited menu on that day, I was, to be honest, very very disappointed with the selection. There was mainly your very basic lunch options and I did not know what to order and almost walked out, however, instead, I ordered the grilled cheese and tomato soup, which I thought I could get in any take out place. When it arrived, again, I was so discouraged and I wish I had sent it back. It was a typical ordinary grilled cheese sandwich for a very expensive price, the soup was ok. My dad's salmon was very dry, his potatoes he didn't eat because also they were drySpecial Features:
- judyDined on 9/7/2014The Staff and service were perfect. Food was great and reasonable. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulSusanDined on 9/6/2014Warm, comfortable ambiance, unparalelled views. Impressive dinner menu, vast, comprehensive wine list. Castroville artichoke soup was divine. Chef kindly sent out a luscious roasted Cipollini onion filled with corn and other goodies topped with baby pea pods and shaved truffle. The coffee-crusted New York strip with blue cheese and bourbon-caramel sauce was outstanding, as was my friend's blackened Kurobuta pork ribeye/roasted tomatillos/red pepper cream sauce. After a bit of a snafu with getting the meat cooked correctly, it was a wonderful meal with an inventive use of ingredients and outstanding flavor combinations. The service was exemplary on all counts including wait staff and sommelier. Excellent! We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Special NightOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/4/2014Wonderful outdoor dining spot for a special occasion. Elegant surroundings, excellent food and fine service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!Hc777VIPDined on 9/1/2014Everything is spectacular! The staff, the service, the food, and of course the gorgeous view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around wonderfulpewpewpewDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I have gone here a few times. Service is top notch and super friendly, atmosphere is relaxing, you can't go wrong with any of the food or drinks, and the view is magnificent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic anniversary dinnerFlorenceDined on 8/30/2014It starts with the scenery. It can't get more Californian than this beautiful shoreline and ocean view. The service and live guitar music carry the mood inside where the food tops it all off. We had the charcuterie which was flavorful and varied. Our dinners were delicious, scallops and halibut. The cheese bar and my dark chocolate cake finished off the perfect meal.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in Laguna!KariVIPDined on 8/30/2014We have dined here many times and the food will always impress. Best tip is to use the fantastic sommeliers to select your wine. They will tell you what they have open, and you can enjoy some amazing wines that you might never splurge for by the bottle. You can split a glass between two people and try several. It's heaven!Special Features:
- DisappointingSanJuanSetphDined on 8/26/2014When I pay $26 for a Hamachi appetizer and $33 for a Black rice dish (no protein, just rice and veggies) I want it to be delectable. There were 4 tiny pieces of fish and a bitter lemon sauce. Not much else on the plate either. The Black rice dish supposedly had a green curry foam, but we couldn't tell. My husband gagged on the bok choy because it wasn't cooked properly. Our entrees were good, but that made our dining experience 50-50. It was our anniversary, too bad. They did give a complementary dessert for our occasion which was sweet. And the view and the staff were great.Special Features:
- The ambiance is marvelous.DulyImpressedDined on 8/23/2014The view is to die for. The steak with the coffee coating was great! Yes, you can taste the coffee. The Loft is extremely pricey. If you're on a business expense account, your office manager will have a coronary. Definitely paying for surroundings. A special shout out to the staff on 8/23/14. Thanks to stalled traffic on the 5 freeway, we were very late for our reservation. They were so kind about bumping our reservations to a later time on a very busy night. We won't forget that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel Fine Dining done rightAKfoodieVIPDined on 8/15/2014The hosting staff lacks a little in the personality department. We stood there while they chatted for about 3 minutes before even being acknowledged. Once acknowledged they seated us quickly however the young lady who seated us, never smiled and barely spoke. Our server, on the other hand was amazing. She tended to our table effortlessly it seemed. Knew the menu well and was friendly and very helpful with any questions we had. Then there was the food. Risotto that was amazing. Followed by new york strip for her and short ribs for me. Both meats were cooked to perfection and the flavors were spot on. Great place! My only dislike was the music. It was far too loud for the dining area.Special Features:
- Beautiful ocean view!yumsushiVIPDined on 8/14/2014Panoramic view of Laguna Beach cliffs and awesome food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glorious view!JujubbDined on 8/13/2014Excellent food! Impeccable service! Amazing view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but sceniclovetheviewDined on 8/12/2014The order of Asparagus with Arugula was not worth the $21. I think the arugula had some dressing, however, it did not have any taste and the 4 spears of grilled asparagus on feta cheese was bland as well. The service and the view of the ocean were spectacular.Special Features:
- Simply FabulousAdeleDined on 8/9/2014The service, view, and food are fantastic. The food is prepared to perfection. What else can be said, it's Montage!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/6/2014The incredible ocean view, diverse, delicious menu and the attentive staff at the Loft create the perfect setting for lunch. The chicken piccata salad with organic greens proved to be extraordinary. The tomato soup with local ingredients and the sourdough cheese sandwich was divine. Since it was my friend's birthday, a chocolate hand written message was inscribed on the plate which delivered her decadent l0 layer torte. We also ordered the apple tart which was outstanding. It was easy to forget the area below the restaurant was full of sun bathers and frolicking children since their noise level never disturbed our conversation. The helpful and gracious staff truly made my friend feel like "royalty" for a day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Among the best!RonthetravelerDined on 8/4/2014My wife enjoyed a pleasant lunch over looking the beautiful pacific ocean. The food was terrific and the service the best we have had in a long time. We have dined at the Loft before and always enjoy our experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014Best cheese plate in the OC. Well chosen wine list. Impeccable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceJimmychildVIPDined on 7/28/2014The food was delicious and the presentation was on key. The service of our waiter David B was exceptional and made our experience unique and to be remembered. The attention to detail was phenomenal and to top it all of the scenic view at The Montage completed our wonderful experience. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service variesStonehenge55Dined on 7/28/2014We have been staying at the resort, and have had fabulous service, and good-to-great food, but tonight , the POOR service overwhelmed the food and the view. It was a shock, but has happened a few times...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.