The Loft at Montage Laguna Beach
30801 South Coast Highway
Laguna Beach, CA 92651Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Loft at Montage Laguna Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.montagelagunabeach.com/laguna-beach-restaurants.php
- Phone: 9497156420
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 6:00am - 11:00am; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Casey Overton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Loft at Montage Laguna Beach
Located in the oceanfront resort, Montage Laguna Beach, The Loft features stunning panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean – the perfect backdrop for enjoying market-fresh, creative American cuisine by acclaimed Chef de Cuisine, Casey Overton with friendly, informed, and professional service. Chef Overton’s innovative signature dishes are a personal interpretation of California regional cuisine with strong influences from the Americas; other favorites also include roasted meats and seafood from the wood-burning, copper-hooded rotisserie. The interactive Cheese Gallery is a popular feature every evening with more than 150 selections for guests to enjoy. The talented fromagiers offer tasting tips and anecdotes, as well as pair cheeses with house-made accompaniments such as crackers, caramels, nuts, fruit compotes, and honeys.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
The Loft at Montage Laguna Beach - Best Restaurants in Laguna Beach ›
The Loft at Montage Laguna Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (88)special occasion (76)romantic (60)great for outdoor dining (60)fit for foodies (35)great for lunch (32)notable wine list (31)great for brunch (24)neighborhood gem (14)good for groups (12)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (7)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- All around wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014My wife and I have gone here a few times. Service is top notch and super friendly, atmosphere is relaxing, you can't go wrong with any of the food or drinks, and the view is magnificent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic anniversary dinnerFlorenceDined on 8/30/2014It starts with the scenery. It can't get more Californian than this beautiful shoreline and ocean view. The service and live guitar music carry the mood inside where the food tops it all off. We had the charcuterie which was flavorful and varied. Our dinners were delicious, scallops and halibut. The cheese bar and my dark chocolate cake finished off the perfect meal.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in Laguna!KariVIPDined on 8/30/2014We have dined here many times and the food will always impress. Best tip is to use the fantastic sommeliers to select your wine. They will tell you what they have open, and you can enjoy some amazing wines that you might never splurge for by the bottle. You can split a glass between two people and try several. It's heaven!Special Features:
- DisappointingSanJuanSetphDined on 8/26/2014When I pay $26 for a Hamachi appetizer and $33 for a Black rice dish (no protein, just rice and veggies) I want it to be delectable. There were 4 tiny pieces of fish and a bitter lemon sauce. Not much else on the plate either. The Black rice dish supposedly had a green curry foam, but we couldn't tell. My husband gagged on the bok choy because it wasn't cooked properly. Our entrees were good, but that made our dining experience 50-50. It was our anniversary, too bad. They did give a complementary dessert for our occasion which was sweet. And the view and the staff were great.Special Features:
- The ambiance is marvelous.DulyImpressedDined on 8/23/2014The view is to die for. The steak with the coffee coating was great! Yes, you can taste the coffee. The Loft is extremely pricey. If you're on a business expense account, your office manager will have a coronary. Definitely paying for surroundings. A special shout out to the staff on 8/23/14. Thanks to stalled traffic on the 5 freeway, we were very late for our reservation. They were so kind about bumping our reservations to a later time on a very busy night. We won't forget that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel Fine Dining done rightAKfoodieVIPDined on 8/15/2014The hosting staff lacks a little in the personality department. We stood there while they chatted for about 3 minutes before even being acknowledged. Once acknowledged they seated us quickly however the young lady who seated us, never smiled and barely spoke. Our server, on the other hand was amazing. She tended to our table effortlessly it seemed. Knew the menu well and was friendly and very helpful with any questions we had. Then there was the food. Risotto that was amazing. Followed by new york strip for her and short ribs for me. Both meats were cooked to perfection and the flavors were spot on. Great place! My only dislike was the music. It was far too loud for the dining area.Special Features:
- Beautiful ocean view!yumsushiVIPDined on 8/14/2014Panoramic view of Laguna Beach cliffs and awesome food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glorious view!JujubbDined on 8/13/2014Excellent food! Impeccable service! Amazing view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but sceniclovetheviewDined on 8/12/2014The order of Asparagus with Arugula was not worth the $21. I think the arugula had some dressing, however, it did not have any taste and the 4 spears of grilled asparagus on feta cheese was bland as well. The service and the view of the ocean were spectacular.Special Features:
- Simply FabulousAdeleDined on 8/9/2014The service, view, and food are fantastic. The food is prepared to perfection. What else can be said, it's Montage!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/6/2014The incredible ocean view, diverse, delicious menu and the attentive staff at the Loft create the perfect setting for lunch. The chicken piccata salad with organic greens proved to be extraordinary. The tomato soup with local ingredients and the sourdough cheese sandwich was divine. Since it was my friend's birthday, a chocolate hand written message was inscribed on the plate which delivered her decadent l0 layer torte. We also ordered the apple tart which was outstanding. It was easy to forget the area below the restaurant was full of sun bathers and frolicking children since their noise level never disturbed our conversation. The helpful and gracious staff truly made my friend feel like "royalty" for a day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Among the best!RonthetravelerDined on 8/4/2014My wife enjoyed a pleasant lunch over looking the beautiful pacific ocean. The food was terrific and the service the best we have had in a long time. We have dined at the Loft before and always enjoy our experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014Best cheese plate in the OC. Well chosen wine list. Impeccable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceJimmychildVIPDined on 7/28/2014The food was delicious and the presentation was on key. The service of our waiter David B was exceptional and made our experience unique and to be remembered. The attention to detail was phenomenal and to top it all of the scenic view at The Montage completed our wonderful experience. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service variesStonehenge55Dined on 7/28/2014We have been staying at the resort, and have had fabulous service, and good-to-great food, but tonight , the POOR service overwhelmed the food and the view. It was a shock, but has happened a few times...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 9 dollar coffeePinkvalentineDined on 7/28/2014My husband and I spend a lot on dining out all over the world and have eaten at the Loft at the Montage often. This was the last time. The current menu prices have now reached the ridiculous. A salmon appetizer dish for 23 dollars that holds so little salmon you find yourself searching for it under the pile of sprouts. Add in a 9 dollar coffee, and you are left feeling like you were pick-pocketed while your back was turned taking in the gorgeous views of the Laguna Beach shoreline.Special Features:
- Best chilaquiles dish!sac2Dined on 7/28/2014Everything was delicious here. You can't go wrong. The service was immpecible and the chilaquiles was the best that I've had. Beautiful setting! I could spend the rest of my life there at that beautiful resort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top-notch Server, Food & AtmosphereEva0801VIPDined on 7/26/2014Our server Danielle was wonderful - great attitude, relaxed, accurate timing, helpful explanations, wonderful smile, accommodating and understanding character. She definitely helped my birthday feel special, and helped create a relaxing atmosphere. The lobster eggs benedict was very tasty and I will recommend it to any foodie. Your breakfast selections were better than most other nearby locations I researched. The atmosphere and scenery was enchanting, airy, relaxing and beautiful. Thank you.Special Features:
- Fabulous DiningBelleDiningVIPDined on 7/23/2014The Loft at Montage Laguna Beach was fabulous in every way, from the service to the food to the view. It will be a night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Class DiningKBMDinerDined on 7/20/2014My wife and I chose to dine here to celebrate our first six months of marriage together. It was a perfect evening of dining, ambiance, and service. We will be back to celebrate our one year anniversary in January. Thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful retirement celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Well I wanted to celebrate my first weekend of retirement and choose the Loft because of the location. We were not disappointed and my trout entree and my husbands of halibut did not disappoint. The view was fantastic on the deck looking over the ocean and pool area. I would definitely recommend the Loft for a special occasion. Thank you for making this a memorable dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TracyDined on 7/19/2014The staff is always great and made our anniversary special. Never feel rushed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love It.JVTOutToEatDined on 7/19/2014Any time I want a good restaurant to enjoy or experience going back to The Loft is a guarantee of success. It is not cheap (figure $100 per person depending ) but it is also not crazy expensive. They are accommodating and the food is well prepared and the presentation is equally wonderful. Enough said...go try it out.!!Special Features:
- Never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Whether it is a last minute destination or a special occasion, the Montage Loft is the place to go. The service, food, ambiance, you name it, the Montage Loft gets 2 thumbs up!Special Features:
- ServicegatheringDined on 7/14/2014The attention to detail was perfect at this restaurant from the moment we arrived. My wife and I were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary and the staff at the restaurant gave us a first class treatment. From the complimentary champagne to the complimentary scallops provided to us from the Chef. The staff were very attentive from the minute we walked into the hotel until the minute we left. This restaurant and hotel are definitely a must to enjoy whenever you are in Laguna Beach!Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationbutchVIPDined on 7/14/2014A long drive for us, but worth it! The food was excellent, and the service was exemplary. An experience to be repeated.Special Features:
- montageVIPDined on 7/13/2014everything about our visit to the Loft at Montage was perfect. great service, amazing view and a view. David, our waiter might just be the best waiter we ever experienced. we cannot wait to returnSpecial Features:
- RoscoeVIPDined on 7/11/2014Great food , service and incredible view -- and pay top$$. That's ok, but to then get hit with 11$ parking is chintzy. Other equally and better places in laguna with no added cost for parking. Probably will not go back --- unless I walk there!!
- the Loft-great food. great serviceromantic711Dined on 7/11/2014Very pleased..great service..food was excellent... Our waitress.. Sam was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Very senic and very goodFrogprinceDined on 7/11/2014The Loft has a grear location over looking the pool and the ocean. In general, the food is good, but not as good as what I would expect at those prices. The Sommelier knows his wines, but as soon as you order a cheap wine( $50), you never see him again. We were not able to finish our bottle because he never came back to finish pouring it for us.Special Features:
- We had a lovely dinnerHappyDined on 7/5/2014We felt very welcomed and attended to, throughout our anniversary celebration dinner. The meal was so wonderful and the view took us back to memories of our Honeymoon in Hawaii. A lovely memorable time of celebrating at The Montage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion lunchGinaDined on 6/30/2014My husband and I wanted to celebrate our special occasion. We wanted a romantic place with a view and light lunch all of that was at the Loft. The Tomato soup was excellent, best shrimp cocktail I ever had, really enjoyed the French press coffee. After lunch we strolled leisurely along the water's edge for the magnificent views of Laguna Beach truly a memorable occasion. Gina, Irvine, CASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After conference lunchJhuffDined on 6/27/2014Food was very good, but not over the top. Mac and cheese was just average with pasta other than macaroni to make it stand out. Sandwiches were large and flavorful. Wine list extensive with some excellent labels to choose from but very highly priced. Wait staff were very friendly and helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cody024Dined on 6/25/2014Excellent food and service. Dined outside, great view. Seagull stole my piece of bread!!! Loved hearing Steve Siu in lounge. He's amazing! First time at Loft, have dined at Studio before. Both excellent dining venues..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peaceful and sereneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Decided to try a place I have only heard of from a few friends in the restaurant industry, living in LA it's very refreshing to see the ocean and clean cut shorelines around The Loft at Montage Beach Resort. My girlfriend and I came in for lunch, reserved table for two on the balcony, what a view! A wedding ceremony was being setup and numerous people were enjoying the pool on a great Sunday afternoon. Amazing staff, courteous, knowledgeable of the menu, food and beverages alike, kudos to the Truffle Pizza!! Will certainly be back, great environment, great view, great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/20/2014The Loft restaurant needs updating, particularly on the outside where carpets and furniture are worn. The food quality is high, but does not justify the expense. Be careful of eating while the Montage is hosting a wedding. Part of the wedding party was nearby and disruptive.Special Features:
- Ocean view, fantastic serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014Fabulous view, great food and terrific service allows the diner an exquisite experience. This is a pricey place to dine, but our anniversary meal,was made very special by the staff, and we were happy to pay the bill. The view is non pariel with nearly anyplace in the world.Special Features:
- Fantastic viewLagunafoodieDined on 6/15/2014Pricey but completely worth it. Amazing view, awesome food and service. Great special date place! Never dissapointed hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliversNuritDined on 6/14/2014My husband and I celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary and from the moment we stepped foot inside the restaurant until the time we stepped out, the service was undeniable. The food was terrific and consistent. Lots of variety for the foodies and those with dietary restrictions. I would have been completely satisfied with the wine and gluten-free rolls that were served before dinner. The meal flavors were well balanced and complementary.Special Features:
- The Best In CaliforniaTrainkcVIPDined on 6/14/2014What a beautiful location and great place to visit. The restaurant was fabulous and what a view - a must if you are in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.