The Lodge Restaurant at Black Butte Ranch
12930 Hawks Beard
Black Butte Ranch, OR 97759Neighborhood:
Black Butte Ranch
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
The Lodge Restaurant at Black Butte Ranch
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.blackbutteranch.com/
- Phone: (541) 595-1260
- Hours of Operation:
The Lodge restaurant is curently operating on winter hours. Winter business hours; Open Thursdays through Sunday Breakfast 8:00AM-11:30AM Lunch 11:30AM-2:30PM Dinner 5:00PM-9:00PM Aspen Lounge 5:00PM-9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Dean Ecker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine
- Catering: Getting Married? Imagine your ceremony lake side under the Aspens, with sweeping views of the Cascade Range, then dining al fresco on our deck overlooking Phalarope Lake. It’s all just a phone call away. Call us for more information, 541-595-1267. Let us make your dreams match your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a variety of indoor and outdoor private party space, all with a spectacular view of the Cascade Mountains. Call 541-595-1267 for more information on our exceptional facilities.
- Private Party Contact: Aimee Smith 5415951267
- Special Events: Our new special event Pavilion is sure to meet your needs. Maximum 300 guests. Call 541-595-1267 for more information.
A word from The Lodge Restaurant at Black Butte Ranch
Come and enjoy this very unique Oregon dining experience. Nestled in the Cascades with panoramic views of the Three Sisters and Mt Washington, experience a central Oregon premiere dining destination. Our focus is on what's fresh in the region, featuring NW meats and seafood. Our service is warm and personable. Our outside dining and decks provide a wonderful way to enjoy a tasty beverage while soaking in the incredible view. We give new meaning to “alfresco!”Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Lodge Restaurant at Black Butte Ranch - Best Restaurants in Black Butte Ranch ›
The Lodge Restaurant at Black Butte Ranch reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (16)special occasion (13)romantic (12)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (6)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (5)neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Worth the trip!FoodieVIPDined on 10/23/2014We live 70 miles from the restaurant but the drive is scenic. We've been here on several occasions for lunch and dinner and are always pleased. In addition to the beautiful setting, the food and service are consistently excellent. However, for lunch it is mostly sandwiches. I might add that there are several to choose from and what we ordered were delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2014Always anticipate our dining at Black Butte Ranch and this time was fabulous just as all of the other times! Thank you and we look forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- Beautiful setting at sunsetheadwestDined on 10/3/2014great for sunset dining experience. a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to it's prior standingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/21/2014Drove 50 min. from Bend for a birthday breakfast. Should not have bothered. Restaurant full of flies, slow service, waited 45 minutes for food, french toast underdone. Won't go back anytime soon.
- UnforgetableUnforgettableDined on 9/9/2014We were celebrating our anniversary at the Black Butte lodge restaurant as has been our tradition for the past several years and were once again just blown away by the incredible quality of the prepared meal. From salad to their wonderful dessert it was all such a wonderful treat. We had the filet and were so impressed by both its super wonderful taste and how the chef had managed to prepare beef that was so "well done" (as requested) but somehow having that almost legendary quality of "buttery" texture. And the incredible setting in that lovely dining area with an unbelievable view of the surrounding mountains. Simply unforgettable ...Special Features:
- DaniDined on 9/7/2014As always, our dining experience at Black Butte Ranch was awesome! Can't beat the view and the food and service are exceptionalSpecial Features:
- Excellent ChoicerslankDined on 8/27/2014What a find, every thing you could think of, the view, the food, the wait service was excellent. You were treated like a friend not a customer from the moment you came in and you every need was taken care of....Our food was truly to brag about Elk Loin & halibut outstanding.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedknowmysteaksDined on 8/24/2014We've been dining at The Ranch for several decades and have never been disappointed. Beautiful resturant in a lovely setting, with good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Black Butte LodgeBeerman1Dined on 8/1/2014Great view of the Three Sisters, great service and the food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 143 reviews are from the The Lodge Restaurant at Black Butte Ranch reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2014The food did not match the expectation, especially considering the price. The portions were small and the preparation average for first class restaurant . The scallops were much smaller than expected, based on what the waitress said. The Caesar salad had no flavor - very average . The beet salad had two small goat cheese balls - flat (no flavor). The halibut was requested to be grilled and no crust, but it had obviously been poached with crust peeled off. The elk was very good but the garnish average. Nothing spectacular except the calamari. Nice setting and atmosphere, good service and overall our family had a very nice dinner together, but,as said, the food did not measure up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The view is the pearl.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014No where else can one gaze on the Cascade mountains and eat very good food. Dress as you wish. Bring the kids or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to ParBillDined on 7/16/2014Had dinner on beautiful evening. Corner table at the window. No place like it. Surprised at the number of empty tables at 7 PM. Ordered pasta, it was good but not special. Wine by the glass selection was so-so. Of course the sour dough chocolate cake was fabulous as ever. I will go back and give it another chance but this time was nothing to write home about. Was here for my honeymoon and many times since, so it will take more than one average visit to stop me from returning. To top it off, it felt very expensive compared to our prior nights dinner. I look forward to their getting their act back together.Special Features:
- Dinner treatCkh10Dined on 7/11/2014We four enjoyed our meal at Black Butte Lodge. Food was exceptional. We each ordered something different and all 4 of us marveled at how good ours was. There was even some sharing of bites. Lovely view. Pricey but we felt we got our money's worth.Special Features:
- Memorable LunchFreshfoodieDined on 6/18/2014Beautiful setting, nice menu, very good food, friendly efficient service in a great lodge makes for good memories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice and enjoyable.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2014This was our first time at the Lodge. Friends recommended it for my husbands 60th birthday. The atmosphere could not be beat. Everything was superb. The service, food, drinks, and atmosphere, all good. You pay for it though. It was pricey. But worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceGourmettasteDined on 6/8/2014On two consecutive evenings, we arrived after 8 p.m., ordered drinks and then made our dinner selections. Within 45 minutes, we were the only diners remaining. Each evening the wait staff treated us as if we were their best customers. They checked on us periodically, filled our water glasses, asked if they could refresh our drinks, and made sure we were happy with our food. After finishing our meals, well past their closing time, we were offered coffee and dessert. We finished these items at a leisurely pace and were never made to feel as if we should hurry up. Then, as we were leaving, both the waiter and bus boy came out to say "good night." This was a delightful dining experience that should be commonplace and is at Black Butte.Special Features:
- Worth the SplurgeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/2/2014We spent nearly 3 hours at dinner and split a plate. The view from most anywhere there is gorgeous. The food was well prepared and delicious. Wait staff were attentive and made sure the items were not brought all at once, but timed. The only slight let down was a Marionberry dessert with very little resembling the berry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDDDDDined on 4/25/2014Chef Mark has made this a favorite of ours. Tastes, presentation, all of it outstanding in one of the most beautiful settings imaginable overlooking the lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Sunday at Black Butte RanchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014The dinner at Black Butte Ranch was a perfect way to end our Easter Sunday. My niece and nephew have a cow that was expecting a calf any moment on Easter Sunday. After church…….there was the calf. They live in Sisters. I was visiting from CA. The wonderful dinner was the "frosting on the cake" so to speak. I had read about the chef before I signed up. He did not disappoint. The pork tenderloin and the smoked salmon were 5 star. Our waiter was RIGHT about everything on the menu. Very helpful guy. I would love to make this a tradition. See you next Easter for sure. Party of 5 @ 5:30.Special Features:
- So NiceLindaDined on 4/18/2014We so, so enjoy Black Butte. It is quiet, the food is delicious, the service is great and you can't beat the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant surprisechowhoundDined on 4/9/2014The food was outstanding, a little costly but worth every cent. The building is a little dated but furnishing were comfortable and stylish. The view and scenery is also very nice, with a good view of the geese on the lake and mountains. The highlight of the evening was our waiter Michael. Knowledgable, and very personable, always joking with the patrons but very helpful. He made it more like dinner at a friends house than a restaurant. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative food; scenic & relaxedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014My husband and I enjoyed a beautiful view, creative menu, yummy cocktails, and attentive but non-intrusive service. The Lodge offers a menu full of creative ideas that feature local meats and seasonal vegetables, presented in ways I would never have dreamed of. Case in point: rainbow chard gnocchi, served with butternut squash puree, balsamic reduction, and parmesan cheese. Blew my mind! The entree selections featured local meat, creative sides, and truffled wild mushrooms (WOW!) that brought the whole dish together. Mmmmm! We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been BetterquadrantGDined on 3/1/2014We have eaten here many times and have always found the food and service to be top notch. However, this night was not up to their usual high standards. The food was only warm, not hot. Two of our group had the halibut special and we found one side of the fish to be very tough. Another of our group had what they called the "hanger" steak. She requested that it be well done. However, we had to send it back as it was very rare. Our waiter did mention that they had a new chef. The service was still very good. The atmosphere quiet and beautiful as always and the desserts outstanding. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014Went for a quiet, romantic dinner, but didn't get it. We sat next to a large family with an energetic toddler. Though he was very well behaved, he was "active." There was a large group on the level below our seating and because of acoustics in the room their conversations had no trouble carrying up to our seating. Lighting was pretty bright at some tables. I had cocoa and coffee rubbed pork tenderloin. The meat was flavorless. My date had better luck with the chinook salmon special. Overall, staff was friendly. Our waiter was knowledgeable and paid just the right amount of attention to us. While the location was convenient to the condo we stayed at, not sure I'd go back due to the high price for average food.Special Features:
- Black Butte GemBAMS4Dined on 2/17/2014Great service, food, menu selection and amazing view of the mountains and lake. You might even get to see the bald eagles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- such a fun time!PrincessDined on 2/14/2014We had a great time at dinner on Valentine's day. It was romantic, delicious, fun and memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Service, food & the View!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/22/2014Our server surprised a member of our party who was celebrating a birthday with a complimentary (and delicious) piece of birthday cake. Our server also gladly replaced my wine choice that was sweet with that my companions were drinking that was what I was expecting. I will certainly recommend The Lodge to others and will be back! It's well worth the drive from Bend for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet romantic dinnerGaryKathyDined on 1/19/2014Food was very good, the two lamb dishes were sold out, kind of disappointing, but it was a Sunday night. Romantic, with the low lighting but made it difficult to read the menu. Service was great the wait staff was attentive and took the time to stop and chat a little about wine selection and the overall wine industry in Oregon. Nice touch, and appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday EventMGCGDined on 12/26/2013My wife and I had a wonderful dinner for her birthday. All employee, especially Michael the waiter, did an outstanding job. We would highly recommend the restaurant for a dinner experience. Also our food selections were prepared as we requested and were outstanding in presentation and taste. Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StairsXmasdinnerDined on 12/25/2013The food was very good but dessert could have been better. The only real complaint is going up and down stairs so much. It is not a very good place to take older people on account of that. I heard others saying the same thing. Need to have a better way of laying out the food.Special Features:
- elegante with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013very nice restaurant. the service was wonderful. and the food was so delicious. the views were so beautiful. very elegant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving DinnerConnieKDined on 11/28/2013I was happy to be seated pretty close to our reservation time. The food layout looked pretty good. When we got back to our seats with our hot food selection from the buffet, every thing was cold. I don't mean warm. It was all cold. The green beans were sticking together. I mentioned it to the waiter and he said he would go check on it. He never did mention it again. When we went to get our salads we did notice the good had been turned up. Other than that the dessert was awesome. Love the firepit outside.
- We'll be backLarryDined on 11/27/2013We had lunch with an out of town friend on the day before Thanksgiving, so it was pretty quiet. All the multi-level seating has a good view of the lake and peaks. The outdoor gas fire pit is great while you're waiting (reservations would normally be a good idea). It's not far from our new home in Redmond, but is well worth a look if you're just visiting the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous view and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/9/2013We've eaten here many times over the years and the food now is the best we've experienced. It is very high caliber. They even have their own organic garden and feature local food suppliers. The view is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect For Locals and Out of TownequadrantGDined on 8/29/2013With guests visiting from out of state, we were looking for an establishment that represented all that we love about Central Oregon. The Lodge at Black butte Ranch was all of that and more. The entire staff from hostess to manager greeted us in a very friendly, professional manner with just the correct bit of humor. Our waiter was extremely knowledgeable about both the selections at the restaurant and the many attractions in the area. He was very attentive, but at the same time, we never felt rushed. The restaurant was very busy, but the multi-level seating kept the atmosphere quite and relaxed. The food was fantastic and the scenery to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!AlexVIPDined on 8/12/2013This is a wonderful place that is well worth the drive from Portland, Oregon. My salmon was, indeed, wild and fresh, so, therefore, delicious. Wait staff are friendly and attentive. The location is a one-of-a-kind location in Central Oregon, which looks out onto a beautiful meadow. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at Black Butte LodgeMimiVIPDined on 8/10/2013We have been coming here for years, but this time it was truly outstanding! The food has improved considerably, and everyone in our party of 6 loved, loved, loved their meal. Steak, salmon, lamb-you name it and everything was cooked to perfecttion. We had a most memorable waiter named Michael, who helped make the evening very enjoyable. A couple of days later, we were back for breakfast. Another delicious meal. I highly recommend the lodge for truly fine dining.Special Features:
- There is a place!SueKDined on 8/8/2013While The Lodge is not the least expensive dining, it does provide excellent food, service, views and memories. My steak was melt-in-your-mouth and the elk was the same. Calamari, salads, gnocchi - all worth the price. The complimentary dessert of chocolate cake and ice cream was wonderful......oh, ye, don't forget the fudge that comes with the check.! We'll always go back when we have the opportunity!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unkept promisesBampaDined on 8/1/2013My wife and I came to the lodge to celebrate our 35th anniversary and her Birthday. When I made the reservations I stated that and assumed something special would be done. We were staying at the ranch and so 15 minutes before we went, I called over to see if special arrangements were in place. I was assured that they were. When we got there, we were settled, we ordered and ate and left. Nothing was done for my wife's Birthday or our anniversary. Not a big deal except for one thing: I was told something would be done. Tthe surprise I had planned for her turned into a disappointment for me. We will stay at the ranch again, but we will not eat at the lodge next time.
- Best Dining in Central OregonOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/27/2013The Lodge Dining Room has entered the 21st century with creative menus, healthy ingredients, and attractive presentations. Fresh fish and locally sourced vegetables and meats are featured. The service continues to be professional and friendly.Special Features: