The Lodge Restaurant & Pub
12850 Northwoods Blvd
Truckee, CA 96161Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Lodge Restaurant & Pub
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tahoedonner.com/the-lodge/
- Phone: 530-587-9455
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 7 days a week 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. (year round)
Lunch:11:30 a.m. - 4 p.m., daily featuring a lighter, fall seasonal lunch menu.
Check website for seasonal lunch hours.
Memorial Day - Sept. 2: Lunch is served 11:30 a.m. - 4 p.m., daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lewis Orlady
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Jeanne Kirshner 5305829643
- Entertainment: Monthly promotions and great deals. Please call for information or see the events page on our website. tahoedonner.com
- Special Events: Please call Jeanne at 530-582-9643 for details.
A word from The Lodge Restaurant & Pub
The Lodge Restaurant & Pub is an intimate venue with two cozy dining rooms and a festive pub. In our main dining room, you'll find a roaring fire during the winter with wooden rafters and beautiful pine accents, floor to ceiling windows, overlooking endless pines with a spectacular ridgeline back drop. During the summer, you can dine and relax on our deck with stunning views of the golf course and the lush Sierra environment. Year round there is always excitement and camaraderie in our lively pub. We have a spectacular wine list as well as a manager's wine list with incredible deals. There are both weekly and monthy promotions and unique events taking place in the restaurant so check out our events page at www.tahoedonner.com. Our award-winning chef will create a meal you won't soon forget (specials change daily). Last but not least, our friendly and welcoming staff will make you feel like an old friend and show you the true spirit of the people and the area that is Tahoe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Lodge Restaurant & Pub - Best Restaurants in Truckee ›
The Lodge Restaurant & Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (46)neighborhood gem (44)scenic view (36)kid-friendly (23)fit for foodies (22)special occasion (22)good for groups (21)romantic (16)vibrant bar scene (15)notable wine list (13)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (5)late-night find (1)Show More
- Dinner in the ForestdinermanDined on 8/29/2014Great venue, overlooking the golf course at Tahoe Donner! The beef short ribs were as good as I have ever had. The touch of the grill added special flavor to the "fork tender" short ribs. Grilled asparagus added a perfect compliment. Outstanding wine list!Special Features:
- Poor ServicefoodieDined on 8/21/2014We waited 15 minutes for a waiter to come to our table. (We were given water and menus immediately but the waitstaff were busy elsewhere). Tables around us were getting help, so we asked a waitstaff who should be helping us. Maître d' / manager seemed bothered when I went back to his table and asked him if we could get someone to help us. We were told that our waiter was very busy. Fortunately another waitperson "took over" our table and she was excellent. Not impressed with nonchalance and and indifference of manager to what's going on in restaurant, and he was not friendly. (BTW: eat here fairly often as it is very close to our home. Service can be a bit iffy here but food quite good.)
- Nice nightMumblesDined on 8/18/2014We were a party of four, one of whom gets cold easily. For our 7:00 dinner time, we were seated at on outdoor table with a lovely view. The evening chill was beginning and it seemed we'd have to move inside since our friend was shivering. BUT the heaters were lighted and we were even provided with blankets! This unexpected care (blankets) allowed us to leisurely enjoy our delicious dinners, each of us ordering something different and everyone delighted with their food. Great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014The staff that greets you at the lodge is always very charming and accommodating. Our server was attentive, but he did get extremely busy at the end of the meal and there was some delay with desert menu and general end-of-meal follow-up. Food was very good as all my experiences have been at the Lodge.Special Features:
- Lovely outdoor dining spotKatBajotDined on 8/8/2014We come here every time we are in the Tahoe area. It is lovely and the food is excellent. The service is generally quite good and they let you take time during your meal so you never feel rushed but they are also attentive and food arrives with promptnessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed the mark this timeLibuVIPDined on 8/3/2014This is our go to spot when we want a nice meal while vacationing in Tahoe Donner. This last time was a disappointment. We had teen aged kids with us and were immediately shuttled to the back room in the corner. Got water and bread right away, but didn't see the waiter for nearly 15 minutes after we sent the kids to investigate! Manager was apologetic but that was the extent of the courtesies. Waiter did not meet the Lodge standard. Food was good, but since we eat there often, we are tireing of the menu. Even the daily specials are recycled. Just a little imagination is all we ask.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS A GOOD CHOICEangelDined on 8/2/2014THE LODGE HAS ALWAYS BEEN A CONSISTENTLY GOOD RESTAURANT....FROM THE STAFF, FOOD, AMBIENCE....YOU CAN ALWAYS COUNT ON A DELICIOUSLY, LOVELY EVENING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at The LodgeicemanDined on 7/31/2014The menu has some interesting choices and the prices are reasonable. The wine list is adequate with some nice selections of wine by the glass. The food was well prepared and tasty but both bar and food service were VERY slow. It's nice to have an unhurried dinner but if you are hungry, bring some snacks.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentColoradocarrieDined on 7/31/2014Fresh, well-prepared meals. Friendly servers. Kids meals are super too. Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Consistently Good.BradVIPDined on 7/27/2014Once again, great service and food. All of the staff make you feel like family--very personable, very attentive, you can tell they like their jobs. I had the Lodge burger, my wife has the rib eye, couldn't have been better. Always a great place for a good meal and great service in a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/24/2014A great local spot, near Truckee in Tahoe Donner---The meatloaf is famous==The Pasta of the day was very flavorful, and cooked perfectly. Our server Liz, was delightful and very helpful…Too bad they insist on blocking the GREAT mountain/golfcourse view with a big ugly white tent!!! J.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014We had a wonderful dinner and the service was excellent.
- good for special occasionsDavidDined on 7/4/2014Beautiful setting, good service. Not someplace I could go regularly because of the standard price/portion ratio you get (e.g. single course dinner for family with one child cost me over $100 and that's just one glass of wine).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/4/2014We enjoyed a delicious meal! My husband and I shared the Dynamite Shrimp Salad for our first course. We agreed it was one of the best salads we'd ever eaten! Delicious burgers! Hubby had the short rib and said it was absolutely delicious, not fatty, but extremely flavorful. Great dinner, we will go there again when we head to Truckee.Special Features:
- Great but dining ruined by weddingsKelpDined on 6/29/2014This a wonderful restaurant. The food is good and the setting is lovely. However, the summer dining experience is ruined by a wedding tent set up right under the dining room. We had planned on eating on the deck but asked to be moved inside due to the noise and commotion from the wedding below. However, the dining room was not much better- the view was obscured by the tent and we could still hear the tacky wedding dance music. We had hoped that by dining at the lodge on a Sunday we could avoid this but apparently all summer evenings are vulnerable to loud wee dings at the lodge. Definitely dine at the lodge but wait until winter when the atmosphere will once again be elegant and serene.I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best and kid friendly 2ISOunrivaledfoodVIPDined on 6/28/2014Great food expertly prepared and a kids prix fixe menu too. Service was very good and the staff extremely attentive. I would highly recommend to anyone that loves food in a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding !JanieDined on 6/25/2014Great restaurant. - we really enjoy having dinner and lunch here . There was no view because of the tent outside of the main dining room. Would love to see the tent relocated.Special Features:
- Perfectly okay.DanTVIPDined on 6/24/2014We enjoyed our Mac and cheese app, but our entrees weren't remarkable. Pretty bland in general, and the menus were full of typos and need proof-reading. The view of the golf course is nice and our server was very friendly.Special Features:
- TD LodgeJoJoDined on 6/22/2014We go to The Lodge (and Pub) whenever in Tahoe Donner. It is a great place, food, ambience etc. The location is terrific too, especially for those people who live in Tahoe Donner.Special Features:
- RichRichDined on 6/13/2014The food is phenomenal and the service is excellent. We were cheerfully greeted and seated in a timely fashion. We had the Short Ribs which were perfectly cooked and the sauce is divine. Its a great value. We have been here many times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding with a killer viewdaveryDined on 6/11/2014While in Truckee, I dined twice at The Lodge. Once with my family and kids and another time with a group of adults. Each time was excellent including the food and service. The outdoor seating area is a great place to have a relaxing meal while taking in the golf course and mountains. Additionally, the waitstaff was top notch and very personable. As far as the food, I sampled many different small plates including the calamari (perfectly executed), the seared ahi tuna sashimi (delicious) and fish tacos (my wife's favorite). Also had a burger which was not bad, but my not as highly recommended compared to the other dishes I tried (not everything could be a home run). Highly recommend The Lodge as a "must visit" while in Truckee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very convenient and very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/23/2014Without having to leave the complex, The Lodge Restaurant delivered outstanding food at a reasonable, but not low price. The fish was great and who expects to go to the mountains and still get a well prepared, tasty and fresh halibut dish? Everybody at our table of 4 enjoyed their meal. Right down to the coffee, it was all simply good food. My only complaint was that we couldn't be seated in the main dining room because the diners there were simply "not leaving!" (that according to the hostess) They were just having too good a time to go, I guess.Special Features:
- Still the best secret in town!HetchflierDined on 5/22/2014For someone looking for really good food, served in a lovely alpine setting, then The Lodge Restaurant is the perfect place. The staff is friendly and accommodating, Entrees are reasonably priced and are beautifully prepared. The wine list is pretty good and we like the wine specials on the list. Our first choice in the Truckee area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing and sloppyResidentofTDVIPDined on 5/22/2014Clam Fetticine overcooked. Looks like clams from can. Server tried to serve us main dishes immediately after we got salad. We were dining at 6:15 and not in a hurry. Asked for them to return the meals until we ate our salad and I think the pasta went under the heat lamp. Over the past two+ years we noticed the same dining manager who used to dress nicely when on duty began sporting a baseball cap, golf shirt and some running shoes. Seems to be his regular uniform. How about a dress shirt, slacks and dress shoes while working? He looks like he just came off the golf course.
- slope2supOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Impressed the lady I luv by the tasty and artful presentations as well as outstanding service from all the staff. I really appreciated that we didn't feel rushed even though we were nearly the last to leave. Limited but high quality menu with a range of options from salmon and steak to fish tacos and salads. The ambiance is not easily duplicated with both mountain and golf course views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best tasting dish everMaddog45Dined on 5/10/2014Best tasting ever? Well not exactly. I recall a fantastic bouillabaisse in Nice, in 1969, that rated higher. But the pasta special two weekends ago was excellent; mussels and white beans over a house-made fettuccine, in a delicious sauce. I urged the addition of this dish to the regular menu. I hope Chef Orlady complies. There is an iceberg lettuce wedge salad that is wonderful, as is their Caesar salad. The short-ribs on truffled mashed potatoes is another favorite. Portions are generous, and the price is right.Special Features:
- Great food in a surprising spotCariDined on 5/10/2014We are homeowners in Tahoe Donner and this is our "special occasion" spot. It's awesome when the quality of the food matches or surpasses the ambience and the expected price points of the restaurant. Indeed, that's the case at The Lodge. It's a nice setting, and the menu and quality of the food definitely match the restaurant. They do an impressive job turning over tables without interrupting nearby guests - there was a steady stream all evening around us, and I never noticed any clanging dishes or shuffling of plates in the process. Favorite dishes for our visit: shrimp salad with lemon-tarragon dressing and fried calamari.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 391 reviews are from the The Lodge Restaurant & Pub reviews archive.
- stepdadbobDined on 4/27/2014The short ribs that I had were outstanding. The other 3 members of the group enjoyed their entrees also.Special Features:
- Always great!JanetVIPDined on 4/18/2014The halibut is great, as always, plus the lamb was outstanding!Special Features:
- Absolutely Supurb!!BarreezDined on 4/18/2014We met friends from Grass Valley and were quite impressed again with The wait staff(Kyle?) and manager, Chris. Very professional and interactive; everything was setup and ready when we arrived.Special Features:
- Tuesday night treataztecVIPDined on 4/15/2014Great location on the Golf course at Tahoe Donner, with a smart, experienced wait staff of pros. Great service and a the kitchen was at its best, with perfectly cooked halibut and a med/rare burger, Caesar could have had a bit fresher lettuce but the dressing was delicious.Special Features:
- LodgeTruckeeDined on 4/11/2014The food was great and service was fantastic. The scene is is wonderful.Special Features:
- Always a treatdaisy309Dined on 3/29/2014We have eaten at the Lodge about five times and have always found the food to be of quality and variety. The menu seems to provide a choice for a each member of our group. The setting is stellar sitting on the golf course at anytime of year. We ate their recently during a snow storm and the view was amazing. Pricing is reasonable and fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific place to dineMEG1VIPDined on 3/23/2014Really great place. Great food. Attentive. A real gem. We go there frequently and never disappointedSpecial Features:
- Never have had a bad meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2014Never have had a bad meal. Love the food, staff is very attentive. My favorite Truckee restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/25/2014Great specials with reasonable prices. The staff is friendly and efficient. For TD residents it is a great place to dine and see your neighbors.Special Features:
- Chris continues to do an excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/22/2014Chris continues to do an excellent job of keeping things moving and ensuring that the diners are well taken care ofSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The noise level became loudBarbaraDined on 2/18/2014The noise level became loud after the tables filled. Why can't you add acoustical tiles like you did in Trout Creek Rec Center?Special Features:
- Nice find in North TahoeOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 2/17/2014We really liked this place. All four of us (2 adults/2 kids) were happy. Watch out for the huge portions! The next time we go we will do more sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeCaliJaneDined on 2/15/2014We've eaten here many times. We've always found the food very good, but the service was not very good in the past. I think that the on-premises and attentive manager has turned that around. We had a fairly early (6:15) reservation and there were many children in the dining room so I wouldn't suggest that time for a romantic dinner. We enjoyed our entrees (both of us had specials), but I had to send my cocktail back as it was undrinkable and the salad (which was large enough to share) was under-dressed.Special Features: