The Lodge at Wilderness Ridge
1800 Wilderness Woods Place
Lincoln, NE 68512Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Lodge at Wilderness Ridge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wildernessridgegolf.com/
- Phone: 4024345118x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday & Tuesday: 11am - 9pm
Wednesday & Thursday: 11am - 10pm
Friday & Saturday: 11am- Late
Sunday: 10am - 9pm (Brunch Buffet 10am-2pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Justin Northrup
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact Jayme Lowell (402) 434-5113 for more information on catering options.
- Private Party Facilities: If you would like to dine in a more intimate setting than our dining room, we have a variety of different sized rooms available to you. We have seven private rooms to meet any setting-- from our Grand Yellowstone Ballroom to our intimate Flathead room with its own fireplace & patio. We also have several different menu options to fit every occassion.
If you are hosting a corporate or business function, please contact Jayme Lowell at (402) 434-5113.
If you are hosting a social function, please contact BreAnna Jensby at (402) 434-5121.
- Private Party Contact: BreAnna Jensby (402) 434-5121x
- Entertainment: Wilderness Ridge is the premier entertainment venue in the city with live music every Friday and Saturday nights from Eight to Late! Visit www.wildernessridgegolf.com or "Like" us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/wildernessridge, to see all of our upcoming events!
- Special Events: We have specialty dinners & tastings during most months throughout the year. From Wine Dinners to Beer Making Classes, Scotch & Cigar Tastings to Chef's Tables, our specialty events are the signature of The Lodge!
Visit our home page to learn more, http://www.wildernessridgegolf.com/-home!
A word from The Lodge at Wilderness Ridge
The Lodge at Wilderness features Contemporary American cuisine. The natural timber and stone structure was built in Montana and the interior features large picture windows and wild game throughout. Our 9,000 square-foot deck is the premier outdoor dining experience in Lincoln with views of our 18-hole Championship Course. The Grill Tavern features live music every Friday & Saturday evening. We serve Sunday Brunch Buffet from 10am to 2pm. We can also accommodate groups of various sizes in our many banquet rooms. We hope to see you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Lodge at Wilderness Ridge - Best Restaurants in Lincoln ›
The Lodge at Wilderness Ridge reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (14)scenic view (13)special occasion (12)good for groups (8)great for brunch (7)romantic (7)notable wine list (6)fit for foodies (5)great for lunch (5)neighborhood gem (5)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Best in LincolnCornhuskerDined on 9/19/2014A rustic hugh room with stuffed animals on the walls and made of logs -- like a log cabin. Service was great, the wine list had quality wines at reasonable prices (2x -- not 3x retail). My wife had prime rib and I had the Halibut. Both were very good. Because it is popular, reservations are required much of the time -- except in the Club, which has less formal food and setting. Also, the outdoor dining looked nice.Special Features:
- Overpriced and hungryFerris73085Dined on 9/18/2014Came here for a nice dinner wth two out of towners. The service was horrible, took a half hour to get our first drink and the food took over 40 minutes and one order was not cooked correctly. If you are charging $30 for a steak, it better be cooked right. The incorrect order was never fixed and the dinner had to EvEntually be boxed up to go because it was past 9pm and everyone else had finished their meals. I'll never recommend this place to anyone or ever go here again.Although the steak that was made in error was fixed nothing was offered for the the other meals or poor experience. Instead we were told a larger party had taken precedence. I guess a party of 3 just isn't as important there.Special Features:
- Outside diningLGT3Dined on 9/6/2014Exceptional service, great weather, enjoyable live musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to PerfectJayKDined on 8/15/2014First dinner at The Lodge in a long time. Service from Colbi was outstanding. It is apparent they have gone out of their way to find locally sourced ingredients and have chosen well. I enjoyed a special of Duck Confit with Spaetzle. The duck was perfectly cooked, tender and juicy without being too greasy which is the risk with any confit. The spaetzle was mixed with sweet corn and was a great compliment to the duck. The only thing keeping this from being a perfect meal that a returned glass of wine was still charged to us. The wine had either gone bad or just been a bad wine to begin with and a replacement was ordered. When spending over $100 for two dinners one would expect an $8 glass of bad wine not be on the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Memorable EveningRichardRDined on 8/9/2014We had simply a wonderful evening at the Lodge at Wilderness Ridge. We were in Lincoln to visit my daughter. Two of my other children joined us for the visit and it was the first time we'd all been together for several months and I wanted to have a special evening together. I discovered The Lodge on Open Table and thought it would fit the bill. The Lodge didn't just fit the bill; it exceeded all my expectations. All of us had a wonderful time and a very memorable evening. The food was great, the location was beautiful, the ambiance was warm, and the service was stellar. When we return to Lincoln, we will be returning to the Lodge. Thank you!Special Features:
- KeeKellyDined on 8/1/2014We came before a concert and everything was perfect. Our server, Connor, was the best ever. The food was great and it was a beautiful evening. Would definetly recommend this to anyoneSpecial Features:
- Exquisite Filet MignonTheSwedeDined on 7/26/2014Now you have to admit that even if the filet mignon is a little boring, and you would like to try something else when you have the opportunity, there is almost nothing that stands up against a perfectly prepared filet mignon. This is what me and my wife experienced at The Lodge last weekend. Beautiful surroundings, great staff and perfect chefs. What more can you ask for? Well, I guess an extraordinary dessert... which we had, not because we needed it, but because it was calling our name. The triple chocolate mousse cake was just fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/1/2014I took my business clients from Japan since they wanted to have an American steak dinner. They enjoyed the Nebrska beef. I ordered salmon which came with farro, green and fig side dish, but I did not like my dish. The side dish was too strongly flavored. I would have enjoyed something simpler as I could not taste my salmon much. I ordered sauteed Brussles sprounts and mushroom on the side as I do not like deep fried dishes. The wine list was great. Our waiter was very friendly and we enjoyed the surrounnding view. I would have liked more healthier side dishes such as kale salad, quinoa, etc which I can find at many restaurants in major cities these days.Special Features:
- Great ServiceSkywiseDined on 6/21/2014I have eaten at the Lodge several times for work functions, but this was the first time that I went just for dinner with my wife. It was our anniversary, so I thought it would be nice. The highlight of the evening was our server. He did a great job and was very nice and upbeat. The food, it was so-so. I am not sure if this was an off night for their cooks, or if it was something else, but the food was not up to par with the other times that I have eaten here. Overall it was a nice dinner, and I will chalk it up to an off night until I can go again.Special Features:
- Great for visiting!FourDined on 6/21/2014One couple had to change their entry because you were out of chicken at 5:00. When they got their bill they were charged for 3 entries instead of 2. It was corrected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers Day HitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We went here for Fathers Day. Had a great time. Our waitress was having her first day but we managed. This is one of my favorite outdoor venues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed.ktw23Dined on 6/8/2014We came for restaurant week where for $29.95 you get three courses. We were very disappointed in how small the portions were. My husband had the steak and he got 2 little chunks. For the price we paid we should have gotten more food. We have participated at many restaurants for this occasion and this was by far the worst deal for your money. Also, The time it took to get our food took a long time too, with a long span going in between courses. We will probably never eat here for restaurant week again.
- The unenthusiastic reviews correctJimNEDined on 6/6/2014I found the other reviews Open Table, when taken as a whole, to be about right. The place has a fair amount of ambience for a lodge - on the order of the Lied Lodge in Nebraska city. The dining experience isn't nearly as rewarding as the Lied Lodge, however. The service is friendly, but slow. I believe we received our first course about 50 minutes after walking in the door. And the food arrived luke warm, so it had been sitting for a while. We ordered the prefix menu, so I know that limits the options, but the food, while good, was very uninspired, despite it's somewhat upscale presentation. And the portions were quite small. We won't go back. Too bad. Some good folks work there, but the slow service and so-so food are a problem.
- Where's our food???OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/6/2014The Lodge is one of our favorite places to dine. Lately there have been some notable inconsistencies in service. Our most recent visit was to celebrate both a birthday and anniv. Our main course took almost 45 minutes to be served! First our server came over, after about 20 minutes to apologize...then a manager came by after about 30 minutes to apologize and to tell us our entrees were "being plated"...well if they were being plated, then they sure did let them sit for awhile. Really...it's bad enough...don't glaze the wait with a fib. We were provided a 20% discount...but there's not a way to make feeding us a line of bull okay. Next time, just tell the truth...Special Features:
- The following 200 reviews are from the The Lodge at Wilderness Ridge reviews archive.
- A Lincoln gemForeverFoodieVIPDined on 5/28/2014I dined at The Lodge with a friend and we were one of the first to arrive for the evening. Service was excellent with fun banter with the server. The quesadilla appetizer was subtle, yet satisfying. The main course (trout) was well-presented and very tasty. The strawberry cheesecake was excellent. Restaurant decor is stylish, well-maintained, and appropriate for their woodlands theme. Overall, The Lodge is an excellent choice for anyone seeking fine food and relaxed dining in the Lincoln, Nebraska area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 5/11/2014What a disappointment the Mother's Day brunch was. The food table was a mess. The service was poor. For the price, the food was disappointing even the desserts. The Lodge has lost my business.
- Was okayCindyDined on 5/11/2014Went for Mother's Day buffet, and it was okay. Food, what there was of it, was good flavor. They didn't have a large selection of food. The service was friendly, but we wanted coffee and they never brought it. By the time they remembered we ordered, it was too late. Probably won't return for the buffet.
- Mothers Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Food for the brunch was not nearly as good as it has been in the past. No Omlets or other breakfast items. Deserts were better than some other times. Chicken was dry and no prime rib. Salad dressing was good but salad lettuce was difficult to eat. (need iceberg included)Special Features:
- Surprise readyAnniversaryDinnerDined on 5/10/2014I had a bottle of champagne ordered to be on the table when we arrived for dinner. Everything was ready as requested and my husband was pleasantly surprised. It was excellent champagne, our food was prepared perfectly, and our wait staff outdid themselves making it special. Thanks also for the crème brule for dessert. It's my favorite. You helped make our anniversary very special. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We had the prime rib, and it was amazing, every thing we ate was very good. Hats off to the Chef!Special Features:
- Graduation DinnertnswaneyDined on 5/9/2014We had never heard of The Lodge, tried it on a whim, had a fantastic experience. Fantastic ambience, rivaling many lodges we have visited in Canada. The menu was very pleasing, many choices for the group of 6 we had. Will recommend it to everyone visiting the Lincoln area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2014Me and some of my friends and family came here after seeing an ad they posted on the Lincoln Marathon facebook page. I ran the marathon and thought it would be a good place to go afterwards. It was very good although we missed the brunch, a burger was all I wanted anyways! Very nice waitress and very beautiful place! Thanks!Special Features:
- Took 2 1/2 hours for foodFlowers4uDined on 5/2/2014Would not recommend. The restraunt was not full and we waited for over 2 hours for our food, we even had reservations. They had the food messed up. Wrong side items on plates. The steak was overcooked to the point of shoe leather. When we got the bill, they charged us for the wrong meals. Had to wait another 20 minutes for that to be fixed. Even though we had reservations and the restraunt was told of the special occasion, we were set next to the patio doors and bar. Lot of people going in and out the doors creating some kind of white fuzz floating in the air. Had to cover our drinks with napkins to keep it out. They had singers in the next room. They were very nice to listen to, but we came to visit with Family.Special Features:
- Always reliableDisappearingSpoonDined on 5/2/2014The Lodge has a nice, open feel to it, and the food is usually good. I usually get a rib eye, and tonight was no exception. It was done to a perfect medium rare, just the way I like it. I liked the fact that they offer a reasonable number of quality wines, some of which are available in large or small format bottles. There is also a nice range of wine prices. The only downside here is that the menu is a bit limited, and the service is a little uneven. The wait staff hasn't mastered the art of appearing at the right moment. While it is hardly unique to restaurants anymore, I have to say that I really dislike being asked if I would like my plate cleared while someone at the table is still eating. Still, a very pleasant place for dinner.Special Features:
- Happy ExperiencedebandjimDined on 4/27/2014We were all very impressed by the setting when we entered. Surprised that we had to wait for 20 minutes to be seated, when we had made a reservation. Our server was very attentive and pleasant. Everyone enjoyed the food. We all felt that it would be helpful to provide labels for the food items to make selection easier. Unfortunately, the eggs on the Eggs Benedict were under-cooked. The Prime Rib was wonderful! We would happily return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving NOT EasterGayleDined on 4/20/2014We had dinner here for Thanksgiving served in the same style. It was outstanding! If you have to be away over a holiday, this is the place to go. Since we were travelling over Easter, we decided to eat at The Lodge again. What a mistake! It's Easter...how about HAM! The food selection was minimal especially for the price. The pork was dry and I would not eat pot roast ever. We were planning on coming back for Mother's Day, but have since changed our minds.Special Features:
- Slow foodMom2twoDined on 4/12/2014Server was great, but food speed from the kitchen was horrible. After we ordered it took nearly 30 minutes for our salad. After we finished those it took another 30 minutes for our main course. It took so long our daughter was almost falling asleep and only ate 1 piece of pizza, which we could see sitting under the heating lights for at least 10 minutes while they waited for the rest of our food. Food tasted good. Server kept apologizing about the wait, but a manager never showed up to check on our table. The restaurant wasn't even half full. I would hate to see how far behind the kitchen would be if it was closer to capacity.Special Features:
- Lunch with Mom!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2014I brought my mother to Wilderness Lodge for her birthday. She turned 82 & has never been to your establishment. She commented on beautiful is was & that she & my dad will have to come over & have lunch sometime. We were there for lunch on Monday, March 31st. It was a wonderful lunch with excellent food & service. The atmosphere is so warm and comfortable there. It truly is one of my favorite places to eat. And now, its my mom's too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uneven experience. AlthoughGRUMPYBEARDined on 3/9/2014Uneven experience. Although live in area, hadn't gone to Sunday brunch in some time. Found the service to be so so even though we were there at 12. Food was good although vegetables were cold. Prime Rib tasty but the server clearly did not know how to trim it so much of what we received was pure fat. Great deserts. Good omelet bar but took 15 to 20 minutes for omelets to be delivered to table. Our server was polite but seemed indifferent.
- Great place for Sunday BrunchCfvr48Dined on 3/9/2014I took my spouse their for brunch to celebrate her birthday. While there we noticed birthdays being celebrated at other tables in the room. The buffet spread had items to celebrate Dr. Seuss. This included green eggs and ham. My favorite was the omelette and the prime rib carving. My wife thoroughly enjoyed the dessert bar. The price for the brunch was affordable.iSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in LincolnMsSarasotaDined on 2/26/2014Wilderness Ridge is a beautiful log lodge with outstanding food; anything but eating in the wilderness. The beef selections are all good and the vegetables too. You have to have the Truffle fries and the brussel sprouts. YES brussel spouts. I can't comment on the desserts because I have never had room to order any.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Lincoln's bestOnceAweekDined on 2/19/2014This is our favorite place in Lincoln for outside seating. Food and service-wise, I'd put it roughly on a par with Venue and The Dish, a couple of our other favorites, but Venue doesn't have outdoor seating and the outdoor seating at the Dish is very noisy on a downtown corner. Definitely recommend the steaks here. The menu changes some from time to time, and usually has a relatively small selection of entrees. OTOH, the restaurant has a nice selection of sides if you want a little more. I've seen a few dishes where the portions were quite large, but portion sizes are not out-sized most of the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was good but not exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I have been at many restaurants due to my travel. Though the general atmosphere is nice, I found the service was a little too slow. My wife and I had the salmon, and it was a bit dry and really did not have much snap. On a good note, the waitress was very accommodating for my wife's food allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!jackalVIPDined on 2/9/2014Loved the variety. All food was hot and very good!Special Features:
- Great brunch with a wide rangehappyeaterDined on 1/26/2014Great brunch with a wide range of breakfast choices and delicious made to order omelets, as well as lunch items. The desert table was packed with delicious goodies. We had first rate service by Adam!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for date nightHuskerKiwiDined on 1/10/2014Service is well paced & not rushed. Food was delicious. Recent menu changes keep the choices fresh. Definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and Service!DRL5Dined on 1/4/2014My wife and I dined at Wilderness Lodge for the first time this past weekend and couldn't believe we had waited so long to try it out. The food was amazing. My wife had the filet which was probably the best I'd ever tasted, and I had the prime rib which was certainly in my personal top 3. Our waitress was incredibly friendly and truly served us while not hanging around too much. I'll be eating at the Lodge again very soon!Special Features:
- Atmosphere very festive. SteakpjFreyDined on 12/31/2013Atmosphere very festive. Steak was marginal-rest of the meal was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best New Years diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2013The food and service was outstanding. We really had a great time. We look forward to many more visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-so on New Year's EveGolfer1976Dined on 12/31/2013My wife and opted to have our New Year's Eve dinner at the Lodge at Wilderness Ridge this year. We realized it would be a "set" 4-course meal and we were prepared for that, but . . . we were a little disappointed, to say the least. While there was an adequate amount of choices for each course . . . the choices were a "little out there." For our main course (Third Course), my wife chose the Verlasso Salmon and I chose the Nebraska Star Beef, both of which were properly prepared to our desire, the only issue was that the portions were very small. For the dessert course, I opted for the Chocolate Tiramisu, (which was terrific!) and my wife chose the Strawberry Pistachio Shortcake, which was excellent but was very, very small in size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.