The Local House
400 Ocean Dr
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
The Local House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.localhousesofi.com/
- Phone: (786) 230-8396
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Monday - Sunday: 8:30am - 5:00pm.
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from The Local House
We are a Raw Bar & Grill featuring fresh, mouth-watering seafood. Come and enjoy our daily brunch on our beautiful veranda or in the dining room. For dinner, we offer freshly prepared seafood dishes and our famous burger as an example of what's on our menu. We are located in the Sense Beach House hotel on South Beach.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
The Local House - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
The Local House reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (13)neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (8)good for groups (7)romantic (5)great for brunch (5)special occasion (3)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- walking to dinnersagasaDined on 10/29/2014Local House is a short walk from our apartment and this is a significant attraction and will bring us back. I had mussels, which were generally excellent, but two were a bit off. Not enough to complain or ruin my meal, but distasteful and the reason for 3 stars rather than 4 or 5. Like so much of SoFi, the price of meals is not quite justified by the quality. This is a really nice little restaurant and I would love to see the quality of the food increase to match the price, or the price drop some so my expectation reduces equivalently. I would love to rank The Local House as a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/19/2014Disappointed that the bottomless mimosas were discontinued but the food was awesome! The French toast and the salmon benedict were to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Pearl of Ocean DriveEccleticEpicure27Dined on 10/17/2014Local House deserves all of the buzz it has received. The food was absolutely fantastic. The salmon I ordered was crisp on the outside and perfectly moist on the inside. The shrimp salad that my friend had was even more appetizing. The shrimp was perfectly seasoned but not overly so and the greens were crisp and fresh. The service was also outstanding. Our waitress was ready to refill our glasses without us having to ask. The food came out quickly. The ambiance was beautiful - light blues, sand colored walls, and a backlit bar. My experience at Local House was fantastic and I am looking forward to going there again for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TreatKCMOVIPDined on 10/10/2014Was visiting Miami for s job interview and was looking treat myself with a great meal. I was not let down. The waitstaff were highly attentive, and polite. The food was beyond delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I expected moreMariaDined on 10/1/2014Maybe I ordered the wrong thing, the sea scallops, but I was underwhelmed. Everybody else seemed to enjoy their food. The cheesecake was amazing. I could have had a second piece, especially based on the diet sized portion of my entree, and don't eat a lot.
- Great cocktails and atmosphereBigbDined on 9/25/2014Great cocktails. Food was good, didn't blow me away but a very nice meal all in all. Staff was nice and the scenery/devote was very nice.,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Nice al fresco dining.FoodsterDined on 9/19/2014We were very pleased to find Local House while looking for reasonably priced but well-executed seafood in South Beach. Pan-seared salmon and Branzino were spot on, nicely plated, and served with vegetables that accompanied them well. We enjoyed the exceptionally rich and delicious goat cheese croquettes as appetizers which were melt-in-your-mouth delicious and the bread pudding for dessert was enough to share easily. Comfy padded seating on the covered patio was private enough but street side as well to take in the passing scene. Not on the beach nor across from the park, but just enough set off (about a block) that you could easily walk back to the more active SOBE scene after a relaxing and delicious respite that didn't break the bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingGuestDined on 8/30/2014Great place. We had an amazing dinner with a group of friends. Nice atmosphere, great service and the food was really good. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find at end of South BeachVicinVAVIPDined on 8/21/2014This restaurant was a wonderful surprise - great food, expertly prepared. We had several appetizers during the happy hour and everything was perfect. I would love to go back again for the brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunch!Loribob67Dined on 8/17/2014Came here for a late lunch at 2 pm on a Sunday - they have an excellent brunch with bottomless mimosas but we didn't have it. Tuma appetizer is delicious, grouper sliders and mussels were also delicious. I would highly recommend! Our waiter Jose was a delight as well. Sit outside for fun people watching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedStevenDined on 8/9/2014Went to local house based on reviews with four buddies while on vacation. Worst dining experience in terms of food quality I have ever had. We ordered 7-8 items from the menu to share. Lamb burger- dry, fries prepared in burnt oil Calamari- prepared in burnt oil Watermelon salad- pathetic Shrimp risotto- bland Crispy octopus- cooked well Fire sliders- not bad; very average Oysters- tasted good but not cleaned properly I dine very often and this is the first bad review I have ever left. Chose the restaurant based on the reviews so I wanted to share my experience to help out any unsuspecting individuals. I recommends to avoid. Many more choices in south beach.
- Great Find in SoFiRRD001Dined on 8/2/2014Excellent restaurant, so much we ate there twice. Branzino and polenta fries were excellent. Get the lemon aioli with the fries. Service was excellent. A nice change from the South Beach scene of plastic printed menus, assertive hostesses, absurd prices and marginal food.Special Features:
- Disappointed and overpricedshoresDined on 7/27/2014Main reason for going was to get oysters on the half shell. They were over priced and they add some type of special additive to them. Needless to say I did not like what they put on them especially at that price point. I do not recommend it for small children. Server was good and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- The following 66 reviews are from the The Local House reviews archive.
- loved it!srockVIPDined on 7/20/2014nothing more to say. :) we did a stay cation there. the brunch was great. the nite caps we had were chill. the service was warm and friendly and timely! we are excited to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YESSSSSS!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014Went for the $19 mimosas on my birthday! OH EM GEE! The waiter was amazing (fast and courteous as well as funny) and consistent! I never had to ask for a refill or anything. He even gave me a tiramisu for my birthday! My sorority sister had steak and eggs and I had the eggs benedict with the crab and we split a serving of French toast. Food and mimosas were so good I wanted to shove the whole restaurant into my luggage and bring it back to Orlando with me! My goodness it was EVERYTHING! Definitely where you HAVE to go to get some FANTASTIC food and really ENJOY Miami's class and sophistication . We will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great additiontopcatDined on 5/28/2014to a great neighborhood, with good specials and a nice bar scene, never too busySpecial Features:
- A neighborhood gemSoFiNickyDined on 5/15/2014Great to have such a pleasant place south of Fifth. Very welcoming and some interesting food and drink offerings. Always a good sign when the least expensive wine on the menu is excellent. Seating at the outside tables is a little tight and someone is going to hit their head on the low-hanging lamps!Special Features:
- valerie14101973Dined on 5/3/2014Very good dinner and food ; An exception on Ocean road !Special Features:
- One of the worst dining experiencesFoodieVIPDined on 5/3/2014We arrived on time for our reservation and the place was empty. The waiter was rude and had horrible energy. We ordered Entrees and several sides. Minutes later, several large parties came in and we thought we were lucky .He came back 45 min later and asked us what we ordered.. He never put our order in. After apologizing and explaining that their computer wasnt working, he promised our food would be out in 5 min. Another 35 min later the whole restaurant was eating except us. We were ready to leave and the food came out unfortunately, it was not worth the wait. The Branzino lacked any flavor and the lamb sliders were flavorless as well. We read the negative reviews and wanted to give them a shot. I will heed the warnings in the future.
- Would go backCurlyDined on 4/25/2014I had the ceviche and tuna sliders. The ceviche was tasty and had a slight spicy flavor, which was appealing. The sliders were prepared in two styles -both were tasty yet lacked enough tuna. Too much bread for the quantity of protein. The grilled octopus was spectacular - incredibly moist unlike most attempts to serve this mollusk. Prices were reasonable, outdoor setting very pleasant while the weather stays springlike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pros and consOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/22/2014Local House has a beautiful, intimate dining room and a nice small outside area as well. We chose to be inside, unfortunately there is one large round table in the middle of the room where a very noisy, and inconsiderate, party of people were dining which made it hard to hear each other. Outside also had a noisy party. So, would we return? Maybe we would give it one more try. The service at first was non-existent, then our particular server was ok.Special Features:
- WonderfulmelanieVIPDined on 4/18/2014Great restaurant. Enjoyed our breakfast went back twice. Excellent coffeeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Ambiance, Poor FoodYUMMYTUMMYVIPDined on 4/15/2014How Local House made Eater Miami's 38 essential list is a mystery to me. First courses of fried calamari (an unappetizing color and a small portion) and arugula salad (flavored with dill - odd and not mentioned on the menu) were passable, but entrees of branzino (overcooked, dry and unseasoned) and seafood stew in a saffron broth (overcooked, tough seafood and no taste of saffron) were not. Service was a mixed bag. Ambiance and wine (suggested by server) were the best parts of the meal, but not enough to warrant a return visit.
- Tourist trap on Ocean DriveJoe3Dined on 4/15/2014Good wine list. Friendly but unprofessional staff. The real let-down is the food however. The sashimi tastes ok, but is sliced translucently thin, so you can see through (and is about 5% of the slice photographed for their website). The menu promises various dressings on the salads and dishes, but basically everything gets soaked in some mayo-concoction. Scallops seared at low heat in lots of butter, so they soak up all the fat. Yuck. My wife's salad was an enormous pile of arugula, with ONE strawberry, ONE walnut and a tiny morsel of goat cheese. We know you shouldn't eat in these Ocean Drive things (we were the only locals during the time we were there), but against better judgment we tried this one. Never again.
- TriciaVIPDined on 4/10/2014The salad I had was not over dressed it was light and refreshing. The mussels were tasty and the broth was very good. The bread pudding for dessert was delicious. The tiramisu was also excellent it was light and refreshing. I also had a drink and it was very well made.Special Features:
- Come for meal, stay a few nights.NeilgulfcoastDined on 4/7/2014We discovered the local house while walking around the South Beach area and made a reservation for dinner that night – a good move. The staff is very friendly and we had a couple of cocktails with served by Jessica the bartender who was fun and informative – gave us the recipe for one of their signature drinks which I want to take home to Maine. The food was outstanding – I had a Chilean Seabass and my wife had scallops. We were completely pleased by the experience. And they have a boutique hotel in which the restaurant is launched and we hope to come back and stay there next year. Local house is a winner – close to South Beach but far enough away that you don't have all the craziness. MSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy lunchMariellaDansDined on 4/5/2014I went with a group of 7 girls for my sister's bachlorette. They gave us a lovely table outside, and were very accommodating to a picky group of girls. We had the seafood dish for 4 and lots of other small plates and everyone was extremely happy with their food. The oysters and clams were incredibly fresh. I highly recommend the truffle fries, they are super skinny and crunchy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet beautiful spot in MiamiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/2/2014This place was a welcomed change from the other resturants in Sobe..no blaring music! Just beautiful tasteful decor. The entree portions are small...you will have enough room for one if thier wonderful homemade desserts.Special Features:
- Would definitely dine here againKellyLVIPDined on 3/31/2014Really enjoyed our dinner here. Nice night so we dined outside with view of Ocean Dr (always good people watching). Fun drinks--hubby loved the oyster martini. Good wine list. Best bacon wrapped dates I have ever had. Pan seared Branzino was delicious. Hubby had the sea bass special and loved every bite. Service was excellent. Very friendly staff and warm atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20 minutes without a helloBabsbunny77VIPDined on 3/9/2014SO this review is basically about the start of the experience, bc after 20 minutes of not being greeted, given water, or any sort of apology.... we gave up and went down the street to Prime Italian, who graciously sat us and fed us immediately. This wouldn't have been so horrendous if not for fact that they sat a large party inside after us, took their drink order, and after only part of the group had arrived, continued to take their order, give them bottles of water on their table... and ignore us. They table next to us, who had arrived prior to us, also was completely ignored. Open Table forces you to review food and ambience... but I'd refer more to my ratings on Overall and service, since Food was really N/A.
- Really great hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/6/2014The Local House is just past the "hustle strip" of Ocean Drive. There's no one there pushing a plate of lobster and a big drink in your face. They do have spectacular, well made food - try the coconut milk ceviche.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute place, very nice, friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/26/2014Cute place, very nice, friendly and attentive staff. Food very so so, extremely small portions and not very exciting.
- Best service in South BeachSheilaTDined on 2/21/2014The Local House in South Beach is a lovely spot with very nice indoor and outdoor seating. The food was excellent but the service was even better. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid experience with warm serviceCuriousCatDined on 2/17/2014From hostess to bartender to server, we received lovely, warm (if somewhat slow) service. We asked to be seated outside at the last minute and it was no problem at all. Great chic-beachy-casual atmosphere. Solid food and drinks -- nothing amazing, but tasty enough & reasonably priced for South Beach. I had oysters to start -- fresh and plump, but 1 was shucked poorly (part of the top shell had splintered off and was still attached), and the bottom adductor muscle was not cut on any of them. (I hear this is typical in Europe though -- shows the oyster is fresh -- so it may have been intentional.) Bolognese was ok, would have preferred more salt and/or cheese. BF wolfed down his salad & sliders, so I assume they were good. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and good foodMIchelebVIPDined on 2/16/2014Great service and good food for brunch! Sat outside in the patio for Sunday brunch- very relaxingSpecial Features:
- Very averageagl1VIPDined on 2/15/2014The service was friendly and the decor was pleasant. The tables on the terrace were well spaced out and the atmosphere was quiet. The main issue was the food, which was under-seasoned and boring. It was also not worth the money.
- Just prefectVmatzDined on 2/14/2014Favorite dining spot on the beach. Love that it's just off the main strip so it's quiet and much calmer than most other places on Ocean. Great food, great drinks, amazing atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for large party!designgirlDined on 2/7/2014Went for dinner and had 12 people---they put together a long table and were ready for us as soon as we arrived. Service was excellent and attentive and the food was wonderful. They really made the night fun and comfortable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true Mami Beach gemElBostonianoDined on 1/25/2014The best dining experience I had in Miami Beach over 5 days, by far. Excellent food and service, beautiful space, and an atmosphere that combines warmth, casual and chic without pretentiousness. I loved that there was no loud music, only good background music -- a rare fact in Miami Beach that makes this place well suited for good times with good friends and conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!PamelaVIPDined on 1/24/2014Arrived 20 minutes early . Told no seats were available. Once seated no waiter arrived. Cocktails were slow to arrive. Food was marginal . Waiter was very inattentive. We felt like our business was unimportant to the restaurant. Too much attitude without cause.Many new great restaurants south of fifth much better choices.