The Local Eatery & Pub
14655 North Gray Rd
Westfield, IN 46062Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Local Eatery & Pub
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://localeateryandpub.com/
- Phone: 3172183786
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Craig Baker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from The Local Eatery & Pub
Opened in February 2011 by Derek Means and Craig Baker, The Local Eatery and Pub is a modern-american brasserie serving locally inspired food and drinks in a casual and energizing space for the whole family.Continued
Featuring Organic, Local, Responsible, Sustainable, Scratch Kitchen, Artisan Spirits.
Featuring Organic, Local, Responsible, Sustainable, Scratch Kitchen, Artisan Spirits.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
The Local Eatery & Pub - Best Restaurants in Westfield ›
The Local Eatery & Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (62)fit for foodies (50)kid-friendly (27)great for outdoor dining (24)great for lunch (21)good for groups (21)vibrant bar scene (13)great for brunch (8)special occasion (8)hot spot (6)late-night find (3)romantic (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Great gathering w/friends!Jameskatl16Dined on 9/6/2014We had a group of 8 and the Local was helpful in putting us near a TV, per a request of our football loving husbands. The food was delicious and our service was great! Will be back soon :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite RestaurantJSmittyDined on 9/5/2014My fiancée and I have been coming to the Local for 2 years now and it is our favorite place to eat. Birthdays, anniversaries, or any special occasion we go there. Great food, good service, and great bar. Planning our next outing right now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten-Free Menu!travelgirl77Dined on 9/5/2014I'm recently gluten-free and really didn't know how many places would have a gluten-free menu. They have one here, just ask for it! I got a burger with bread I can eat. Hooray! Having the brown paper on the tables was great for the kids who wanted to color. Great for new people and friends that are regulars since the menu rotates. Thanks for accommodating our big group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Veggie Burger!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014I order the same selection every time I visit The Local - the Black Bean Quinoa Veggie Burger. It is absolutely THEE BEST vegetarian selection on any menu in Carmel/Westfield! I highly recommend!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!YoyoDined on 8/22/2014We enjoyed our first time visit. Great food and service. Very noisy when we walked in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Food was good, but the layout of the restaurant made it difficult to have a conversation. Way to loud! The noise issue was a distraction to the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, as alwaysJustinDined on 8/15/2014The Local is a great restaurant. The menu is impressive and always has something new. Their burgers are always a good choice and they have plenty of healthy selections. The prices are incredibly reasonable, too. Whether you want to try something new or enjoy a menu-favorite, the Local is an ideal dinner destination.Special Features:
- Good, not great.MorseaterDined on 8/11/2014Hummus plate: nice presentation, good artichokes Goat cheese plate: bread lackluster, good pairing of goat cheese and berries Mac and Cheese: delicious, must have. Multi cheese and savory Chicken gyro: not a true gyro. Chicken breast strips. Corn fettucine with scallops: spicy, unique noodles, most likely small frozen scallops reconstituted with broth Goat tostadas: good flavor, cooked to tender, nice spanish riceSpecial Features:
- Just My OpinionTimandDebDined on 8/9/2014We really liked the food selection, high grades given. The noise level is energetic, maybe a bit too energetic for some people but we enjoyed our evening. Although not bad, the wine selection was limited but not bad as we prefer old world wines (no Italian). All together a good dining event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative FoodIndysharkVIPDined on 8/5/2014The chef produces creative and flavor food using parts of fish most people would waste not knowing of their flavor. This is true for all the menu specials! The soups are always special. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Locally sourced food!ChuckDined on 8/5/2014We love this place and most of the food. Do not miss the lamb burger. Our servers have varied from unenthusiastic to great. I wish the menu revealed which ingredients were local.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed BagElizaDined on 7/19/2014The Local in Carmel was a mixed bag on our Saturday evening visit. We made reservations online early in the day for 6:30 pm patio seating. We arrived promptly and were told there is no patio reservations ; we would have to wait 30 minutes or sit inside. The hostess staff was rude at worst and curt at best. We were very disappointed with this, as we had been warned that the noise is too loud for a nice conversation, but that the food is worth it ( it was) and get the best of both by sitting outside. In the end, it worked out: we enjoyed a starter and a drink inside and then were seated outside for our meal. This would have barely even made a dent in our enjoyment if the hostess staff had handled this arrangement with grace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Off on FridayDaveVIPDined on 7/18/2014We've had many great meals & will be back, but Fri service & food were off. Hummus did not arrive until immediately before dinners. Iit was discovered, only after we called attention to the missing app, that the ticket fell behind the line. Both of us had the lamb burgers, one of which was raw. Not rare - raw. The floor manager did come over to talk to us & apologized. I hope the kitchen is aware, tooSpecial Features:
- Great seasonal & local foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014You can't go wrong with anything on the Local's menu! We love that have tater tots as a side!!! Lots of different food that you won't find at the chain restaurants.Special Features:
- Great Little FindWanderingBeerLoverDined on 7/12/2014Amazing food, awesome service! This place is a hidden gem! We only found it using a map search for restaurants while on a day trip. If you're ever in the area, you really should stop!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still excellentenz816Dined on 7/11/2014The Local is still our go-to restaurant for great food and great service. The wings, potted duck, and duck confit were fantastic. The service was accommodating for a couple of requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening, wonderful foodNoNameVIPDined on 7/3/2014Ate outside since nice evening. Loved the branzino- excellent with the ramp pesto, kale and Israeli couscous!Special Features:
- Good food, a little priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014We had heard great things about The Local and had wanted to try it for quite some time. We were there on a special occasion. I was really surprised to see all the kids in the place. I was hoping for a more adult environment, but the tables were far enough apart that it wasnt too much of an issue. We really enjoyed the food, the flavors were unique and enjoyable. We understand that sustainable farming food costs a little more, but the food was a little expensive for the portions. That being said, we will most likely visit agian, but sit in the bar. If i am going to spend that kind of money on food, I want a relaxed adult envirnment.Special Features:
- energetic atmosphere and good food!KulerfullVIPDined on 6/27/2014The smoked 1/2 chicken and the steak salad was good. Bison burger was also tasty. Nice selection of beer too. It's loud but not so bad you can't talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The LocalCICIBlankDined on 6/26/2014The Local has a variety of great dishes. Farm to table so the menu is always changing. I had a coworker in from Michigan and chose to dine at the Local since it is one of my favorite places. She loved the Goat Cheese.Special Features:
- Nice!FuntimegalDined on 6/24/2014Nice experience! Met friends there and had a great meal and lots of fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Misses the mark againBobTDined on 6/22/2014Maybe I am just too picky, but these folks have a hard time getting the temperature of red meat just right. Of my numerous times there the last vist was the best in terms of food delivery time, but well done is not pink. the others in my group were satisfied with their food preperation. In general this is a very good location and the menu is outstanding. As for the execution of food quality, timeliness or servers usually one of these is lacking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014TO DAMN LOUD, do not care for the heigh ceilings and open concept.
- Service horrendous, food's not badOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014I think our waiter was high or something - I've never had worse service at a restaurant. Bar staff and hostess very nice and cordial, but our server was absolutely terrible. He kept rambling at our table (if we were ever able to get him), couldn't remember anything even though he wrote it down, and messed up our bill three times. Wasn't too difficult - two couples splitting the bill yet he couldn't even figure that part out. Very unprofessional, will not visit this restaurant again. Talked with other diners, they all had the exact same experience and saw another couple complaining to the hostess as we left. Too bad because food was not bad, but with service this poor and management who doesn't seem to care, this place will not last.Special Features:
- Something for everyoneIndysharkVIPDined on 6/21/2014They have something for everyone. The tried and true portion of the menu isn't particularly notable to look at, but the food is prepared great, making everything worth getting. The constantly changing portion of the menu is eclectic and excellently prepared. Take a chance and try something different - you will be glad you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visitrogerhDined on 6/20/2014The Local Eatery has a good beer list, including beers from the local Sun King brewery, and our meals for 3 adults and 2 children were well prepared and presented. The waitstaff were polite and professional. Overall a good place for lunch.Special Features:
- Great food and locationEatToRunDined on 6/15/2014I went here with another sibling and our father on Father's Day. I expected to have a decent wait even though I had a reservation but to my surprise I was seated instantly (despite having to wait for the others to arrive). I was greated promptly by a server and had a drink in no time. As always, the food is excellent and reasonably priced. I've been to The Local several times before and will, most certainly, be back again.Special Features:
- Disappointing DinnerdomesticdebVIPDined on 6/14/2014We eat at The Local all of the time, recommend it constantly and have never been disappointed before, so this past Saturday night was a real shocker! Our waiter was inattentive, a family next to us couldn't keep their kids from running around, and we waited at least 50 minutes for our food! Those who ordered cheeks were very disappointed in the "appetizer basket" that arrived with no sides, heavy breading on the "lightly breaded" cheeks, and the fact that they were over cooked and chewy. Lamb skewers were very tough and buffalo wrap was disappointing as well. The only savior was the bottle of Ex Umbris Syrah we ordered, which was excellent. We're not sure what was going on, but they were way off their game, that's for sure.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014Considering that this is still a 'pub' it has very good food, with interesting dishes. Highly recommended over a standard pub night where all the food seems to be the same.
- Local gemChattycat12Dined on 6/14/2014The location was a little off the beaten path but well worth the hunt. The staff was very friendly and helpful with selections. Love the fact that they try to use only local farm raised foods for their meals. The tenderloin was thick and juicy on the inside and nice and crisp on the outside. My son said that the Mac-N-Cheese was to die for. Nice open dining room where you can easily talk to your friends. Would definitely come back here to try more dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burgers for lunchCrossenDined on 6/6/2014This place is in a small strip mall in the boondocks north of Indianapolis. Open Table found it for us, and shows it with four stars. Well, if you're looking for a local, bare-bones eatery and pub, you won't be disappointed. My personal scoring system would not give it four stars, because I expect four stars to flag a pretty flossy, up-market place, with the Local isn't. But it IS a fun, clean, well-run beer-and-burger jointSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't get the hypeCfishDined on 6/1/2014Don't understand the hype about this place. We were very excited to try this place for our date nite. Everything went downhill quickly. We waited a good 10 minutes before we were offered a drink, the restaurant was not busy at all. When the server arrived he was very unapologetic and did not have any knowledge of the menu. When asked about the ingredients of a drink he came back and threw a menu at our friend. Decided in a watermelonargatita, tasted like a jolly rancher. We also inquired about the use of peanuts in the restaurant as my friend's child has peanut allergies, the waiter mumbled something about how he watches the food network and would check. The food arrived only to be very bland and unseasoned,Special Features:
- The following 170 reviews are from the The Local Eatery & Pub reviews archive.
- Good Mahi MahiNoNameVIPDined on 5/18/2014Enjoyed the food once again at The Local... but the kids were out in "loud" voices on Sunday... oh well...Special Features:
- love itblissDined on 5/17/2014Fresh and yummy food, love the brie cheese on the cheese plate. The arugala Steak salad was delecious. Fun place, liked the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2014it was good but nothing special and a bit pricey.
- way too noisyIndianafoodoptimistDined on 5/9/2014After many recommendations, finally got over to The Local. Arrived 6:30 and was seated right away. The acoustics were so poor, there was continuous reverberation of the sounds of the restaurant just booming, booming, booming off the high ceiling, hard floor, and glass partition near the bar. NOT conducive to conversation at all. Burgers were tasty, although the order got mixed up. That's ok, though, it happens. But the boominess was not pleasant. It's probably more pleasant if you eat outdoors. Just some traffic noise, then.Special Features:
- Wish I lived closerJcleDined on 5/4/2014If I lived closer, this would be a regular spot. Delicious food every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid, locally sourced foodnofunlatteDined on 4/27/2014I've eaten at The Local numerous times and find it a gem--good, solid food, fun and active environment. I enjoyed my latest visit. Good bison burger cooked to my liking, delicious dessert (key lime pie). It can be a little noisy, but I think that adds to the fun and energetic vibe of the place. Service as a bit off--I think the server was new. She was friendly and pleasant, if a bit green, but she sort of disappeared at "check" time. Still, I think she'll learn. This is not a place for high-end, innovative and exotic cuisine. It's more like bistro and/or pub fare, but quite well executed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's what food should be!WillIAMFoodieDined on 4/25/2014I've eaten at The Local twice now and each time the food, atmosphere, and service have been exceptional! They understand food should be bursting with flavor (other than salt) and is meant to be enjoyed! If you want to remember what it's like to savor food, eat at The Local. Oh, great beer and wine choices and reasonable prices! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday treat!SallyDined on 4/25/2014We took our whole family there and loved it!! The food was delicious and the atmosphere was absolutely perfect for kids. The service was amazing. Thank you!!! What a find!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.