The Lobster Pot
17814 Gulf Boulevard
Redington Shores, FL 33708Neighborhood:
Indian Rocks Beach
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Lobster Pot
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lobsterpotrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7273918592x
- Hours of Operation:
CURRENTLY CLOSED DUE TO CONSTRUCTION WORK THAT IS BEING DONE TO THE RESTAURANT. WE APOLOGIZE! PLEASE VISIT OUT CLEARWATER BEACH LOCATION AT 478 MANDALAY AVE
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chef Zoran
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Onsite or offsite catering available for small to large parties.
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties up to 120 guests
Outdoor patio is also available
- Special Events: Special events can be booked onsite or through us at one of our partner properties.
- Cross Street: Between Park Street Bridge and Johns Pass
- Public Transit: Beach Trolley and public bus stops across the street
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet service on weekends, free parking on restaurant owned lot 1 block north of the restaurant. Plenty of free street parking and adjacent parking to the restaurant.
A word from The Lobster Pot
For over 39 years the Lobster Pot Restaurant has been serving the freshest lobster, seafood and steaks in a fine dining setting. Winning numerous awards and earning the title of "favorite restaurant” to thousands of customers. In 2013 received "Best Lobster in Tampa Bay" from Tampa Bay Magazine for the 20th year in a row.Continued
Chef Special daily will delight the appetite.
The Lobster Pot Restaurant is a must on the West coast of Florida.
Chef Special daily will delight the appetite.
The Lobster Pot Restaurant is a must on the West coast of Florida.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Lobster Pot - Best Restaurants in Indian Rocks Beach ›
The Lobster Pot reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (7)neighborhood gem (5)romantic (4)fit for foodies (3)kid-friendly (2)good for groups (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- GeorgiaPeach69Dined on 5/29/2014We chose the Lobster Pot to celebrate the 60th birthday of a family member. It was an outstandidng experience:) We would go back in a heartbeat. Thanks for a wonderful dinner, outstanding service, and the beautiful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpriceddmcglamryVIPDined on 5/25/2014Overpriced and overcooked. Had lobster and King Crab combo. Both were over cooked. Guests had same experience with Grouper. Presentation of food was bland. Will not return.
- Lovely lobsters!!blueflamingoDined on 5/24/2014We live in Jacksonville and travel to Madeira Beach area every Memorial Day weekend for the last 8 years. Our visit isn't complete until we have dinner at the Lobster Pot. Each time the service is impeccable and food is delicious! My husband LOVES the lobster bisque. We thoroughly look forward to our experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't go againOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/23/2014I'm glad we tried the restaurant, but wouldn't go again. The service was very poor (one of the waiters from the Clearwater restaurant served us)... Or I should say, didn't really serve us. We waited for 15 minutes towards the end of our meal for waters to be to be refilled, and he never came back - I had to get up and ask the hostess for water. The lobster mac n' cheese was lackluster, and it is one of their signature dishes. I rarely write bad reviews, but this one is a definite "no" in my book.
- A faded rosetjamesDined on 5/14/2014Previously gave excellent review, but now unable to recommend. Wife's lobster was very good, but my linguini with clams was poor - clams OK but linguini was mush. Side vegetable (peas with onion & bacon) was dry and tough. A small, pathetic side salad is now $3 extra. Service was horrible - slow, inattentive, although mostly friendly. One waiter trying to cover eight tables at one point. Prices very high for low food quality and poor service. You can do better.
- Busy on Mother's DayBadwineDined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed our dinner on Mother's Day. The food at The Lobster Pot is consistently very good. Because it was a busy night, the service suffered a bit but we were in no hurry and this made little or no impact on our experience. Also a result of the restaurant being full, the noise level was a bit high. Again, this was not a typical evening at this restaurant. We will be back frequently and encourage those who have not tried them to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still SpecialDisappointingVIPDined on 5/10/2014Celebrated mother's day at mom's favorite restaurant and they did not disappoint! South African lobster tail is well worth the price - melts in your mouth! Lobster bisque was as good as any I've every had and steaks were perfectly prepared. All were pleased with their meals. To top it off service was superb. Great place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- update neededpatiDined on 5/8/2014We've lived in the neighborhood for two years and this was out first time. Initial impression was that the decor was a bit dark and old fashioned. Menu looked the same and on the high side for this area. Still the food was well prepared and the service good. Not sure if we'll go back.
- JerseydinerDined on 5/8/2014Great food, nicely constructed menu, a lovely place to however a bit pricey all around including the wine list.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerGammaDianeDined on 5/6/2014We celebrated our 25th anniversary here, the food & service was wonderful. Our only complaint is one of the waiters was real chatty with another customer & he was loud. Since we were there on a Tuesday not too many folks dining that evening. They surprised us with a wonderful dessert as well.Special Features:
- Kid FriendlyGerryDined on 4/27/2014As we had our whole family, including 3 small grandchildren, I would say that it is. Our server, Henry, was very helpful and attentive.Special Features:
- Best Seafood on Gulf Blvd.LesterDined on 4/26/2014Our server was very professional. The food was delicious! Large portions. 2 kinds of Lobster-both very good. Excellent fish. Entertainer in the bar area next to our table added energy to the atmosphere. Valet parking available or park in the lot next door.Special Features:
- The following 244 reviews are from the The Lobster Pot reviews archive.
- Good Beach SpotCJCpicksDined on 4/17/2014Good food, great service. A little pricey for the beach but worth it!Special Features:
- Disappointing revisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2014For years my family dined at The Lobster Pot for special occasions and my youngest and I could not wait to return since moving from Florida over 11 years ago. Our waiter was impersonal which was the most disappointing as your staff has historically been one of the main reasons for dining there - they made it fun. Ours seemed indifferent and merely there for serving and receiving a tip. Not the typical caliber, unfortunately. Caesar salad - really?? Nothing like what you used to serve. I could do better! Do not plan to return upon my next trip to Florida. Not worth the price for what you receive.
- Service was HorribleyayaDined on 4/10/2014Bar is fantastic...great bartender....Food was outstanding, however our server was the worst server I have ever had in Florida...he was vague when asked about recommendations.....and all in all a poor server. Maybe just an off night....but at the prices of a 5star restaurant you do expect 5 star service.Special Features:
- ValueBuddyVIPDined on 4/9/2014Priced high for location and entrees. Parking is extremely difficult.Special Features:
- Romantic dinnerAndieDined on 3/22/2014This was my first time dining @ the Lobster Pot....had a superb experience..from the moment we arrived and valet parked w/ the gentleman on duty that nite....( who by the way was awesome & extremely helpful & friendly...) to the waiter Robert who was very accommodating. It was a surprise dinner for my fiancé's birthday & they treated him fantastic....the cost was fair & the food was delicious.....would recommend this establishment to anyone....and will definitely return for another special occasion!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster PotGerryDined on 3/22/2014The only thing that kept us from outstanding in the service was bringing our entrees before 2 of our group finished their salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dated but niceAdamDined on 3/12/2014I took my wife here for her birthday because it was one of a the few placed in the area to get a whole lobster. When we first walked in we immediately were greeted by the smell of old mildewed carpet. The ambiance was about as old and dated as the customers. The bread plate was dirty and the silverware was spotted but those were replaced no problem. While the ambiance was old the food was actually very good. My wife had the lobster (obviously) and I had the surf and turf. The pricing was a bit on the high side but not that bad. My wife did receive a complimentary slice of cheese cake for her birthday which was very nice. Overall, go for the food and you will enjoy.
- Very pricey for the qualityJanjDined on 3/6/2014Very pricey for the quality of food. Waiter was very good.Special Features:
- not 4 everyone!trvldinerDined on 3/5/2014The food was very good, as wad the presentation. Prices are definately 3 to 4 dollar signs. Not for the average tourists or for families with young children. Quiet and romantic. Service was efficient but not very personable. Definately not for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisesteveDined on 3/4/2014Had a table for 2 next to 2 other 8tops one of which was a very loud group(men and women) They made sure everyone heard all the had to say about their recent golf game and stock holdings. Even if I discount the loud group the place was average at best and overpriced.
- great restaurantmaryfranDined on 3/2/2014Hadn't been back there in a long time and it was as good now as it was then....food was excellent....service was the same can't wait to go back again soonSpecial Features:
- Special DinnerKellyDined on 2/22/2014Food, drinks and service were very good. Waitress was very attentive and personable. Would have expected a house salad to be included in the price of the entree, since the menu was a little pricey. Seafood entrees, i.e., lobster and scallops were great. Enjoyed the music in the bar after dinner. Would definitely make a return trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to this restaurantWoodyDined on 2/21/2014We have been to this restaurant for the past three years during our visit to Florida. This year we found the menu and the ambiance had changed and not for the better We were disappointed!!!
- great lobsterLennyVIPDined on 2/21/2014went with 6 other people and had a great meal and service was very good.....interesting menu includes blue crab manacotti! qhich I liked very much.......advise reservations on weekends....great dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Anniversary SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Cosy atmosphere. Quiet bar off by itself. Three of us had lobster and it was excellent. I had the sea bass special and it was delicious. Drunken shrimp appetizer was melt in your mouth. My husband had surf and turf the filet was great as well as the lobster. We had Creme brûlée and key lime pie for dessert and it was also good. We were a bit chilly when we arrived and our waiter offered us a heater, we didn't need it but it was very kind to offer. What a great anniversary evening. Pricey but worth it.Special Features:
- Great last minute reservationJea67Dined on 2/14/2014We didn't make a reservation for Valentine's Day. So this was a great last minute find. We had to sit in the bar area which was cozy & fine. Food was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food at a high price.eburkeDined on 2/14/2014Mediocre food at a high price. First time back in several years, disappointed
- ValentineGourmetDined on 2/14/2014We had to wait nearly half an hour for our table although we had a Reservation. Than we got an ugly table and the Menue was not as good as it was in former times. Nothing what we liked. We left the Retaurant without eating something very disappointed.
- Valentines DinnerValentinesDinnerDined on 2/14/2014Reservations were made on line and very easy. Our waiter James was fantastic - service was outstanding. And the menu that was prepared for the occasion was also great. Live main lobster, key lime pie - what can I say. Oh yes - great drinks also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short RibsYUMMYVIPDined on 2/13/2014Don't get the short Ribs they were dry and hard to chew. The grilled grouper was a little over done. We were charged a $25 corkage which is very high in our experience. Service was good.
- Happy AnniversaryJerryMDined on 2/3/2014We have been before and continue to come back for special occasions. We also enjoy the fact that they are one of the few restaurants that have South African lobster tails. Service is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/25/2014This was our first time at this Lobster Pot Location. We initially went to hear the musician playing in the bar, but couldn't get in...it is very small, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. We liked the intimate feel of the dining room. I had the scallops, which were excellent. My husband had the South African Lobster Tail and enjoyed it very much. A plus was we were able to hear the musician in the dining room, but it was not so loud as to drown out our conversation. Other than the lady seated next to us talking on her cell phone, it was a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Oldie but GoodieLONGHA01Dined on 1/25/2014Lobster Pot has been around a long time - food was quite tasty albeit a bit pricey. Everyone in the restaurant was over 50 - prefer eating venues where there is more age diversity and a sense of buzz. Will not go back since there are many places to go and spend the $75 per person spent this evening.
- Still a classic. Best of Yborshorething77Dined on 1/18/2014Still a classic. Best of Ybor City for over 100 years. Would recommend The Columbia to anyone who travels to Tampa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love LobsterLuvlobsterDined on 1/13/2014A Monday evening dine...not busy. Lobster salad....a whole cooked to perfection lobster tail, 1/2 of a ripe acovado, tomato that tasted like one ..fresh, fresh medium to large size salad. With bread buns put of the oven . Never, or rarely order dessert...but, lime lime pie made on site. Key lime pie,perfection...actual lime used, with a light covering of baked brown sugar on top .. Coffee...the best ! Going back again before I leave.Special Features:
- The food is mediocre, theOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/9/2014The food is mediocre, the short rib tasted microwaved. The service was argumentative, all on the menu doesn't have the same meaning that is commonly understood. Parsley (as garnish) was considered the vegetable with a number if the meals the group I was with ordered and the waitress even argued with us when we questioned it. We also overheard the same waitress arguing with another customer as well. When we arrived all but the bar was empty and we were told it was the slow season but now we really know why. Maybe we had a poor waitress on a bad night but I don't think we will be giving this one another chance.
- Overpriced and unimpressedJonCDined on 12/31/2013I'm usually very understanding of the challenges of customer service but the poor experience at The Lobster Pot bordered on comical. We went for New Years Eve dinner and we're seated quickly, however, our waitress was so unattentive another waiter stopped by after a 20 minute wait for water to see if we were being helped. The crab cake appetizer was good but was overshadowed by our average at best entrees. The South African lobster tail was tough and overpriced ($47 for one tail) and the Grouper Picatta tasted like something out of the frozen dinner isle. The service was poor, ambiance average, and entrees mediocre. For $180 for 2 people it was not money well spent and prompted my fiancé to say we would have been better off at Outback!
- Great Florida FindJanskiNJDined on 12/31/2013Food was superb, different entrees than your average restaurant & exceeded expectations all the way around. Had black grouper piccata w/ roasted potatoes. Fish was fresh, sauce was perfect & serving size just right. Potatoes were average. Husband had chicken saltimbocca which was out of this world delicious. Caesar salads were very good w/ the BEST croutons we've ever had. Bread was light, flavorful and addicting. Raspberry Mash Up was a chocolate/vanilla cheesecake with blueberries, raspberries, strawberries on top of Chambord sauce, an oreo crust and topped with whipped cream. It was dreamy & perfect to split between the two of us. Quiet, romantic place with friendly attentive servers, who were personable w/o being invasive TOPSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.