The Little Village - Downtown
447 Third St.
Baton Rouge, LA 70801Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
The Little Village - Downtown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.littlevillagebr.com/
- Phone: 2252186685
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Stuart Woodman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We specialize in wedding rehearsals and corporate lunches and dinners. We offer custom six course sit down dinners as well as gorgeous buffets with carving stations and of course you can order right off of our menu that offer daily specials. We can also cater your every need at your residence, office or off site facility.
- Cross Street: Main St.
- Public Transit: City buses operate nearby for a nominal fee as well as a free downtown trolley system with stops nearby. Ask your hotel concierge for the best available transit option depending on your starting location and time of arrival/departure.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Downtown parking is available on the street (metered during the day) and FREE in the evening at all meters. We also have handicapped parking a few steps from our front door.
A word from The Little Village - Downtown
A modern take on the original Village restaurant (established in 1947), our reputation is for serving Baton Rouge’s finest Italian, Prime Beef, Maine Lobster, Veal and fresh Gulf seafood. The Downtown location features daily specials, a full bar and can accommodate private parties for up to fifty. We also have space for up to 15 guests in our bar area where dinner is also served.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Little Village - Downtown - Best Restaurants in Baton Rouge ›
The Little Village - Downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (69)romantic (54)notable wine list (34)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (30)neighborhood gem (26)great for lunch (19)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- PookieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We had a wonderful meal here. Our waiter, Frank, was outstanding. The manager checked on us twice. The hostesses were helpful and friendly when I had to adjust my reservation time. The restaurant is somewhat noisy, but that's just part of any busy restaurant, especially on a Friday night, (the staff even moved our table when we happened to sit by a woman with a shrewish voice that was more than distracting)! The food was terrific and Frank recommended a delightful new wine to us. All around great fun! One of our favorite restaurants when we come to see the Tigers play.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversarylaatschnessDined on 10/13/2014The Little Village made our wedding anniversary very special. We were seated in a more secluded area. The food and service were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/8/2014This restaurant is in the heart of downtown Baton Rouge and was not very crowded on a week night. The loaf of bread with roasted garlic was quite satisfying as was the rest of our meal. The fried green tomatoes with crab meat is a definite recommend.
- GreatSouthernPoliticsDined on 10/7/2014Great food, setting, and service I would definitely eat here again. One of the best restaurants in downtown Baton RougeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed every bite!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Enjoyed everything so much from the food to the wine to the atmosphere ! It was my first time dining here. I am so looking forward to dine here again in the near future. Well recommend to family and friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Column Fru-FruWonderful13VIPDined on 9/26/2014This is my go-to downtown restaurant for long-overdue dinner and drinks with close friends. Everything was wonder, as always. I couldn't take my eyes off of the Christmas/Springtime/Floral arrangement creeping up the columns. It looks like a dust trap and does nothing for the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great breadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/24/2014Bread and service are excellent. The entree salads and side salads as well as the entrees seem to be lacking in presentation. The fish special looked ample on one plate and lacking on another plate.
- It was ok.ViviDined on 9/19/2014I always liked that place.. Great food and outstanding service, but somehow Friday weren't reached my expectation. I had two companies were never been there before and they are pretty excited to try this place. We had to wait 1 hour and a half to receive our food and when we got it we disappointed our food overall. It's pretty pricy food, but food quality wasn't worth the price. They need to work on food quality and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Birthday DinnerBirthdayGirlDined on 9/19/2014We chose to have my birthday dinner here. I was the last person to receive my dinner, our waiter was very frantic and barely checked on our needs, my birthday dessert was served to my friend and not me, and last but not least the waiter lost one of our credit cards and the manager did nothing about it but say that "no one copied the number and it was safe with him." He should have taken dessert off our ticket or offered something else to fix this, but he did nothing. He could have easily found out what table the card belonged to because the card had already been charged. It was an unfortunate ending to my bday and didn't make me feel special at all. Wouldn't go here for a birthday dinner. Very little attention to detail.Special Features:
- Too preteniousjgdeuxDined on 9/19/2014I dined here on several occasions during lunch but not in the evening. This is the only decent restaurant in downtown Baton Rouge While the food was very good, I left feeling the place had a pretentious vibe. I'll Uber to Mansurs next time.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationKimgsDined on 9/3/2014We brought my dad and mom for his 88th birthday. We grew up celebrating special occasions at The Village many years ago. We all enjoyed reminiscing about old downtown Baton Rouge. The food was very good and the service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in Baton RougeNicknameDined on 8/30/2014Have been here several times and it gets better each visit. One of if not the best restaurants in Baton Rouge. Food, service and atmosphere was wonderful. Five stars. Well worth the money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Competent and careful. You'll probably not have a bad experience here, but you're unlikely to have a transcendent one, either. It's Industrial Italian: Maggiano's writ small. You can do a lot worse in downtown, though.
- WonderfulBastilleDined on 8/23/2014We had a lovely evening with amazing food!! The service was top notch. We love the the downtown urban feel and will return soon.Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/21/2014My second time dining and wish I could be more complimentary. A couple of the dishes were ok, both entrees were underwhelming (and over-seasoned). Service was good - not professional, but certainly friendly and solicitous. The wine list is awfully small. Except for the location and the fact that it is independently owned, there is not a lot to recommend this place. Too bad.
- Great Experience for AnniversaryLyrics2GeauxDined on 8/21/2014I chose Little Village to surprise my hubby for our anniversary. I saw the good reviews on Yelp but our experience was GREAT!! We were greeted and seated immediately. Our waiter greeted us with "happy anniversary" and the manager brought us complimentary champagne. The food was beyond good, the bread was a must-have and the bread pudding was soooo good. Great service, great location downtown and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnermarwozDined on 8/18/2014Had some colleagues in town from out of state. I took them here and they thought it was awesome. I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014This was one of the best meals I've had. Will visit again and will definitely recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- swampsniperDined on 8/9/2014As always, we had an excellent dining experience at The Little Village!Special Features:
- Always GreatJrushDined on 8/9/2014I eat here all the time for business and pleasure. In fact,I have to limit myself a little or I'll overdo it. Always good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unhappy with food and noise level.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Too noisy. I ordered the duck. Ugh! It was over cooked and not seasons enough. The asparagus was very bland. Prices are too high for the food, it's not good. I'll never eat there again. Service was great. Very noisy!!!
- wonderful dinnermarwozDined on 8/8/2014We found the food delicious. The wait staff was very attentive and knowledgeable, yet not intrusive. Awesome place to celebrate a birthday or anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Little VillageDottieDined on 8/8/2014Little Village downtown is my favorite restaurant! We go there for anything special and when there's nothing special going on, we go there too. Their bread is to die for and the steaks are the best! The waiters are very well trained, efficient and friendly. Always a good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience & Amazing Bread!MrPhippsDined on 8/5/2014From our attentive waiter to the beautiful ambiance the restaurant was a greet experience. The food was as amazing as the grade A service. I would and have recommended this location to my friends.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Noise level was pretty loud, especially a loud voice from an older waiter. Also, the table was not level and rocked back and forth through out the entire meal. Waiter was knowledgeable , courteous. The dining room was full by 7pm, and the foot traffic from the wait staff pretty well killed the relaxed atmosphere. Personally, I prefer a white table cloth rather then the plastic surface. Normally at high end eaterys, white cloth napkin goes with white cloth table cloth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cut Back On The SALT!!ConcertVisitorDined on 8/2/2014Bland food is not good, but food that is too salty is worst. Had lobster bisque...too salty. Wife had Lasagna, too salty. I had Sorrentino, too salty. Won't be back soon.
- Parmesan Chicken Wasn't GoodTecheTongueDined on 8/1/2014Something was not right with either the freshness or cut of chicken in my wife's Parmesan dish. Very nice restaurant though and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ram1949Dined on 7/31/2014I had dinner at The Little Village....great service and food was delicious.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent redfishJayJVIPDined on 7/29/2014While known for Italian, the seafood is excellent. The service was friendly, helpful and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Service was truly excellent. Knowledgeable waiter, not overbearing. Entrees were aesthetically pleasing and taste-bud appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatJackDDined on 7/19/2014As always, the Little Village did not disappoint. It is a wonderful corner restaurant with great food, great service, and a fun/energetic ambiance.Special Features:
- Worth the drivemaggidekatDined on 7/18/2014It was totally worth the drive from New Orleans to Baton Rouge. Chef Sean is keeping up the Impeccable standards of the Little Village Downtown's kitchen. The service was great but the food was amazing. Give me a vat of the Lobster Bisque and I'm one happy girl!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniDinerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Enjoyed our visit. The food was outstanding. I had the stuffed red-fish Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere-OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/18/2014Food is always great and the atmosphere is wonderful! Much prefer this location even though parking can be a hassle. Had a great dinner with friends--love being able to make a reservation--attentive service-always a wonderful experience! Wish the "bread" were complimentary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysLileezmomDined on 7/17/2014Food was superb, service was impeccable--a little noisy but it's an old building w not the best acoustic sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week 2014happyfoodieDined on 7/16/2014We went to The Little Village Downtown during restaurant week for two reasons - the items on the menu and that we had not been to that restaurant. The food was amazing. We had an early reservation (5:30pm) so we did not have any difficulty finding a parking place. The restaurant was quiet and the waiter attentive. The artichoke bottom appetizer with jumbo lump crapmeat and red bell pepper cream with capers was delicious. The Fresh Catch Napoli and the Shrimp and Lobster pasta entrees were heavenly. All together a great dining experience. I will be returning downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awsome FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Steak Palermo is the best . We always try and sit in the bar area it tends to be a little quitterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NellyDined on 7/9/2014Very nice dining experience, highly recommend. Our waiter, Michael, was outstanding. Dishes were delicious. Village Bread is amazing! We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LauraLauraDined on 6/28/2014Everything was great. The serivice, food, staff awh some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service. Very loud.Like2eatDined on 6/27/2014I would recommend this restaraunt for a large party, due to the noise. The tables are close together with little privacy, so I could here three conversations in addition to my wife's. My food was average for the price. My wife loved hers though.Special Features: