The Little Village - Downtown
447 Third St.
Baton Rouge, LA 70801Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
The Little Village - Downtown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.littlevillagebr.com/
- Phone: 2252186685
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Stuart Woodman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We specialize in wedding rehearsals and corporate lunches and dinners. We offer custom six course sit down dinners as well as gorgeous buffets with carving stations and of course you can order right off of our menu that offer daily specials. We can also cater your every need at your residence, office or off site facility.
- Cross Street: Main St.
- Public Transit: City buses operate nearby for a nominal fee as well as a free downtown trolley system with stops nearby. Ask your hotel concierge for the best available transit option depending on your starting location and time of arrival/departure.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Downtown parking is available on the street (metered during the day) and FREE in the evening at all meters. We also have handicapped parking a few steps from our front door.
A word from The Little Village - Downtown
A modern take on the original Village restaurant (established in 1947), our reputation is for serving Baton Rouge’s finest Italian, Prime Beef, Maine Lobster, Veal and fresh Gulf seafood. The Downtown location features daily specials, a full bar and can accommodate private parties for up to fifty. We also have space for up to 15 guests in our bar area where dinner is also served.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Little Village - Downtown - Best Restaurants in Baton Rouge ›
The Little Village - Downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (89)romantic (65)notable wine list (46)good for groups (32)fit for foodies (32)neighborhood gem (26)great for lunch (19)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- One of the best in Baton RougeNicknameDined on 8/30/2014Have been here several times and it gets better each visit. One of if not the best restaurants in Baton Rouge. Food, service and atmosphere was wonderful. Five stars. Well worth the money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulBastilleDined on 8/23/2014We had a lovely evening with amazing food!! The service was top notch. We love the the downtown urban feel and will return soon.Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/21/2014My second time dining and wish I could be more complimentary. A couple of the dishes were ok, both entrees were underwhelming (and over-seasoned). Service was good - not professional, but certainly friendly and solicitous. The wine list is awfully small. Except for the location and the fact that it is independently owned, there is not a lot to recommend this place. Too bad.
- Great Experience for AnniversaryLyrics2GeauxDined on 8/21/2014I chose Little Village to surprise my hubby for our anniversary. I saw the good reviews on Yelp but our experience was GREAT!! We were greeted and seated immediately. Our waiter greeted us with "happy anniversary" and the manager brought us complimentary champagne. The food was beyond good, the bread was a must-have and the bread pudding was soooo good. Great service, great location downtown and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnermarwozDined on 8/18/2014Had some colleagues in town from out of state. I took them here and they thought it was awesome. I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014This was one of the best meals I've had. Will visit again and will definitely recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- swampsniperDined on 8/9/2014As always, we had an excellent dining experience at The Little Village!Special Features:
- Always GreatJrushDined on 8/9/2014I eat here all the time for business and pleasure. In fact,I have to limit myself a little or I'll overdo it. Always good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unhappy with food and noise level.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Too noisy. I ordered the duck. Ugh! It was over cooked and not seasons enough. The asparagus was very bland. Prices are too high for the food, it's not good. I'll never eat there again. Service was great. Very noisy!!!
- wonderful dinnermarwozDined on 8/8/2014We found the food delicious. The wait staff was very attentive and knowledgeable, yet not intrusive. Awesome place to celebrate a birthday or anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Little VillageDottieDined on 8/8/2014Little Village downtown is my favorite restaurant! We go there for anything special and when there's nothing special going on, we go there too. Their bread is to die for and the steaks are the best! The waiters are very well trained, efficient and friendly. Always a good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience & Amazing Bread!MrPhippsDined on 8/5/2014From our attentive waiter to the beautiful ambiance the restaurant was a greet experience. The food was as amazing as the grade A service. I would and have recommended this location to my friends.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Noise level was pretty loud, especially a loud voice from an older waiter. Also, the table was not level and rocked back and forth through out the entire meal. Waiter was knowledgeable , courteous. The dining room was full by 7pm, and the foot traffic from the wait staff pretty well killed the relaxed atmosphere. Personally, I prefer a white table cloth rather then the plastic surface. Normally at high end eaterys, white cloth napkin goes with white cloth table cloth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cut Back On The SALT!!ConcertVisitorDined on 8/2/2014Bland food is not good, but food that is too salty is worst. Had lobster bisque...too salty. Wife had Lasagna, too salty. I had Sorrentino, too salty. Won't be back soon.
- Parmesan Chicken Wasn't GoodTecheTongueDined on 8/1/2014Something was not right with either the freshness or cut of chicken in my wife's Parmesan dish. Very nice restaurant though and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ram1949Dined on 7/31/2014I had dinner at The Little Village....great service and food was delicious.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent redfishJayJVIPDined on 7/29/2014While known for Italian, the seafood is excellent. The service was friendly, helpful and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Service was truly excellent. Knowledgeable waiter, not overbearing. Entrees were aesthetically pleasing and taste-bud appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatJackDDined on 7/19/2014As always, the Little Village did not disappoint. It is a wonderful corner restaurant with great food, great service, and a fun/energetic ambiance.Special Features:
- Worth the drivemaggidekatDined on 7/18/2014It was totally worth the drive from New Orleans to Baton Rouge. Chef Sean is keeping up the Impeccable standards of the Little Village Downtown's kitchen. The service was great but the food was amazing. Give me a vat of the Lobster Bisque and I'm one happy girl!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniDinerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Enjoyed our visit. The food was outstanding. I had the stuffed red-fish Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere-OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/18/2014Food is always great and the atmosphere is wonderful! Much prefer this location even though parking can be a hassle. Had a great dinner with friends--love being able to make a reservation--attentive service-always a wonderful experience! Wish the "bread" were complimentary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysLileezmomDined on 7/17/2014Food was superb, service was impeccable--a little noisy but it's an old building w not the best acoustic sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week 2014happyfoodieDined on 7/16/2014We went to The Little Village Downtown during restaurant week for two reasons - the items on the menu and that we had not been to that restaurant. The food was amazing. We had an early reservation (5:30pm) so we did not have any difficulty finding a parking place. The restaurant was quiet and the waiter attentive. The artichoke bottom appetizer with jumbo lump crapmeat and red bell pepper cream with capers was delicious. The Fresh Catch Napoli and the Shrimp and Lobster pasta entrees were heavenly. All together a great dining experience. I will be returning downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awsome FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Steak Palermo is the best . We always try and sit in the bar area it tends to be a little quitterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NellyDined on 7/9/2014Very nice dining experience, highly recommend. Our waiter, Michael, was outstanding. Dishes were delicious. Village Bread is amazing! We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LauraLauraDined on 6/28/2014Everything was great. The serivice, food, staff awh some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service. Very loud.Like2eatDined on 6/27/2014I would recommend this restaraunt for a large party, due to the noise. The tables are close together with little privacy, so I could here three conversations in addition to my wife's. My food was average for the price. My wife loved hers though.Special Features:
- BirthdayBirthdayDined on 6/25/2014Enjoyed a nice birthday meal with my family for my son Taylor.Special Features:
- Great value for daily lunch specialWallyDined on 6/25/2014Very much enjoyed the Wednesday lunch special with veal wedged between eggplant and a seafood stuffing. With a generous salad and side of mashed potatoes, this was a bargain for $12.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceRah2Dined on 6/20/2014We were seated in a private room for 8 and had a great time with good friends and fine food. The service was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsLobsterlover2Dined on 6/14/2014The restaurant is great for special occasions and when you want a light dinner. The atmosphere is very romantic . Food is good but could be improved for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service.DianeVIPDined on 6/6/2014Excellant, we went back two days in a row❤️ The bread was heavenly. Every meal we had was delicious. I would say this was one of the best Italian resteraunt.Special Features:
- not for us24play2VIPDined on 6/5/2014parked 2 blocks away and was hoping the food would be great, it wasn't, menu needs and up date badly, staff needs more training. they were out of the first 2 wines we chose and could not recommend anything else. the spurs game was going on right behind us ( we are from San Antonio ) so the staff was around but mainly to watch the game. its a same such a great location with some much needed updating could be the Top place to eat. Think we will pass next time there
- A 10 on a Scale of 1-10localresDined on 5/30/2014My husband and I went with two friends to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The food was outstanding and the service impeccable. Our son who lives out of state found out that we were going there, called the restaurant, made arrangements for payment, and requested a special desert. The restaurant carried out his requests without a hint that this had happened until the dessert was presented. The hostess was very agreeable to seating so that we were not in a dark corner. (The young couple who later took that spot and appeared to be there for a romantic dinner, didn't seem to mind having that spot at all.) We truly had a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Great happy hour !OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/30/2014Great specialty cocktails, wines and small plates are offered Monday through Friday during happy hour!!! The wait staff is very attentive without being Over bearing. All of the food we had was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!5starninjaDined on 5/23/2014I took a woman on a date and the atmosphere was wonderful. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a little romance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMissMaryDined on 5/20/2014Outstanding service and even better food. Business dinner with colleagues from Los Angeles, Sacramento, Atlanta and Indianapolis - Everyone ordered something different and we all raved about our dinners! BTW - Don't skip the bread -- it's the BEST! We are all looking forward to visiting again on our next trip to Baton Rouge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceLakeWobegonFoodie68Dined on 5/20/2014I was with a group of 6 on a mid-week evening. The noise level was moderate but we could still hear each other. The food selections were in credible. One of my favorite dining locations. Thank you for the Great Experience.Special Features:
- Village Bread is the bestLSUradDined on 5/16/2014Our family loves Little Village for special occasions. The food is always good. Tight quarters the day we went, on a Friday night. The place was jam packed with people! Still, had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.