The Little Village - Downtown
447 Third St.
Baton Rouge, LA 70801Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
The Little Village - Downtown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.littlevillagebr.com/
- Phone: (225) 218-6685
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Stuart Woodman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We specialize in wedding rehearsals and corporate lunches and dinners. We offer custom six course sit down dinners as well as gorgeous buffets with carving stations and of course you can order right off of our menu that offer daily specials. We can also cater your every need at your residence, office or off site facility.
- Cross Street: Main St.
- Public Transit: City buses operate nearby for a nominal fee as well as a free downtown trolley system with stops nearby. Ask your hotel concierge for the best available transit option depending on your starting location and time of arrival/departure.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Downtown parking is available on the street (metered during the day) and FREE in the evening at all meters. We also have handicapped parking a few steps from our front door.
A word from The Little Village - Downtown
A modern take on the original Village restaurant (established in 1947), our reputation is for serving Baton Rouge’s finest Italian, Prime Beef, Maine Lobster, Veal and fresh Gulf seafood. The Downtown location features daily specials, a full bar and can accommodate private parties for up to fifty. We also have space for up to 15 guests in our bar area where dinner is also served.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Little Village - Downtown - Best Restaurants in Baton Rouge ›
The Little Village - Downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (58)romantic (43)good for groups (28)fit for foodies (27)notable wine list (26)neighborhood gem (24)great for lunch (19)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Service and Food were GREATSatisfiedCustomerDined on 11/14/2014The Bread and Lasagna and gumbo were superb!!! Our waitress, Jasmine was patient, friendly and thorough!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service!BatonRougeDined on 11/12/2014We booked this for a Girls Night Out and were extremely impressed by the great service and special attention given to us. The manager Hugh Freeze was exceptional! Cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing RestaurantalbarezdDined on 11/6/2014I had dinner with my three daughters and we were all very well satistifed. The atmosphere is very romantic but is also nice for families. The menu is very well rounded and offers many different options. We all ordered a little something different and all of us were very plaeased with our choices. I will definitely go back and would higly recommend it to anyone that is looking for a upscale dining experience.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I have dined at the Little Village on several occasions and the food and service has been outstanding. But, on this evening, which was my daughter's 25th birthday, the food was poor. Moreover, we had the food sent back, waited for it to be corrected and the amount of food was less than what we sent back, still, cool to warm and of poor quality. The manager did give a beautiful dessert tray and round of drinks, but given the high standards of this restaurant, I was extremely disappointed in the amount, flavor, quality and how uncomfortable it was for all involved.
- Very top end restaurantExussDined on 10/30/2014The ambiance was great. More room than their last place of business. Felt a lot more roomy, but still had a neighborhood taste to it. Food was outstanding. I had a bottle of red wine, appetizer and main course; my daughter had some wine and a main course. Total bill - $120.00 for the food and $125.00 for the wine (tip cost of 20% included. Not an everyday place to eat due to cost, but you can figure about $50.00 each for a regular meal, $75.00 for better food selections with appetizer and salad. Add about $25-60.00 for drinks per person. Rather expensive, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch specials...MikeTheTigerDined on 10/24/2014...are terrific. Best value in town for a three course lunch. Only drawback is the lack of parking at noon time. Just arrive a little early and look for a meter spot on adjacent one-way streets.Special Features:
- service still disappointsHRL1Dined on 10/21/2014I really love the Little Village and the food. I just wish that the service was on par with the rest. This time we had the waitress busing our table awkwardly with non-absorbent napkins that was interfering with us trying to eat. Have they never heard of a crumb-catcher?Special Features:
- PookieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We had a wonderful meal here. Our waiter, Frank, was outstanding. The manager checked on us twice. The hostesses were helpful and friendly when I had to adjust my reservation time. The restaurant is somewhat noisy, but that's just part of any busy restaurant, especially on a Friday night, (the staff even moved our table when we happened to sit by a woman with a shrewish voice that was more than distracting)! The food was terrific and Frank recommended a delightful new wine to us. All around great fun! One of our favorite restaurants when we come to see the Tigers play.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversarylaatschnessDined on 10/13/2014The Little Village made our wedding anniversary very special. We were seated in a more secluded area. The food and service were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/8/2014This restaurant is in the heart of downtown Baton Rouge and was not very crowded on a week night. The loaf of bread with roasted garlic was quite satisfying as was the rest of our meal. The fried green tomatoes with crab meat is a definite recommend.
- GreatSouthernPoliticsDined on 10/7/2014Great food, setting, and service I would definitely eat here again. One of the best restaurants in downtown Baton RougeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed every bite!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Enjoyed everything so much from the food to the wine to the atmosphere ! It was my first time dining here. I am so looking forward to dine here again in the near future. Well recommend to family and friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Column Fru-FruWonderful13VIPDined on 9/26/2014This is my go-to downtown restaurant for long-overdue dinner and drinks with close friends. Everything was wonder, as always. I couldn't take my eyes off of the Christmas/Springtime/Floral arrangement creeping up the columns. It looks like a dust trap and does nothing for the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great breadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/24/2014Bread and service are excellent. The entree salads and side salads as well as the entrees seem to be lacking in presentation. The fish special looked ample on one plate and lacking on another plate.
- It was ok.ViviDined on 9/19/2014I always liked that place.. Great food and outstanding service, but somehow Friday weren't reached my expectation. I had two companies were never been there before and they are pretty excited to try this place. We had to wait 1 hour and a half to receive our food and when we got it we disappointed our food overall. It's pretty pricy food, but food quality wasn't worth the price. They need to work on food quality and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Birthday DinnerBirthdayGirlDined on 9/19/2014We chose to have my birthday dinner here. I was the last person to receive my dinner, our waiter was very frantic and barely checked on our needs, my birthday dessert was served to my friend and not me, and last but not least the waiter lost one of our credit cards and the manager did nothing about it but say that "no one copied the number and it was safe with him." He should have taken dessert off our ticket or offered something else to fix this, but he did nothing. He could have easily found out what table the card belonged to because the card had already been charged. It was an unfortunate ending to my bday and didn't make me feel special at all. Wouldn't go here for a birthday dinner. Very little attention to detail.Special Features:
- Too preteniousjgdeuxDined on 9/19/2014I dined here on several occasions during lunch but not in the evening. This is the only decent restaurant in downtown Baton Rouge While the food was very good, I left feeling the place had a pretentious vibe. I'll Uber to Mansurs next time.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationKimgsDined on 9/3/2014We brought my dad and mom for his 88th birthday. We grew up celebrating special occasions at The Village many years ago. We all enjoyed reminiscing about old downtown Baton Rouge. The food was very good and the service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in Baton RougeNicknameDined on 8/30/2014Have been here several times and it gets better each visit. One of if not the best restaurants in Baton Rouge. Food, service and atmosphere was wonderful. Five stars. Well worth the money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Competent and careful. You'll probably not have a bad experience here, but you're unlikely to have a transcendent one, either. It's Industrial Italian: Maggiano's writ small. You can do a lot worse in downtown, though.
- WonderfulBastilleDined on 8/23/2014We had a lovely evening with amazing food!! The service was top notch. We love the the downtown urban feel and will return soon.Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/21/2014My second time dining and wish I could be more complimentary. A couple of the dishes were ok, both entrees were underwhelming (and over-seasoned). Service was good - not professional, but certainly friendly and solicitous. The wine list is awfully small. Except for the location and the fact that it is independently owned, there is not a lot to recommend this place. Too bad.
- Great Experience for AnniversaryLyrics2GeauxDined on 8/21/2014I chose Little Village to surprise my hubby for our anniversary. I saw the good reviews on Yelp but our experience was GREAT!! We were greeted and seated immediately. Our waiter greeted us with "happy anniversary" and the manager brought us complimentary champagne. The food was beyond good, the bread was a must-have and the bread pudding was soooo good. Great service, great location downtown and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnermarwozDined on 8/18/2014Had some colleagues in town from out of state. I took them here and they thought it was awesome. I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014This was one of the best meals I've had. Will visit again and will definitely recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- swampsniperDined on 8/9/2014As always, we had an excellent dining experience at The Little Village!Special Features:
- Always GreatJrushDined on 8/9/2014I eat here all the time for business and pleasure. In fact,I have to limit myself a little or I'll overdo it. Always good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unhappy with food and noise level.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Too noisy. I ordered the duck. Ugh! It was over cooked and not seasons enough. The asparagus was very bland. Prices are too high for the food, it's not good. I'll never eat there again. Service was great. Very noisy!!!
- wonderful dinnermarwozDined on 8/8/2014We found the food delicious. The wait staff was very attentive and knowledgeable, yet not intrusive. Awesome place to celebrate a birthday or anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Little VillageDottieDined on 8/8/2014Little Village downtown is my favorite restaurant! We go there for anything special and when there's nothing special going on, we go there too. Their bread is to die for and the steaks are the best! The waiters are very well trained, efficient and friendly. Always a good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience & Amazing Bread!MrPhippsDined on 8/5/2014From our attentive waiter to the beautiful ambiance the restaurant was a greet experience. The food was as amazing as the grade A service. I would and have recommended this location to my friends.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Noise level was pretty loud, especially a loud voice from an older waiter. Also, the table was not level and rocked back and forth through out the entire meal. Waiter was knowledgeable , courteous. The dining room was full by 7pm, and the foot traffic from the wait staff pretty well killed the relaxed atmosphere. Personally, I prefer a white table cloth rather then the plastic surface. Normally at high end eaterys, white cloth napkin goes with white cloth table cloth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cut Back On The SALT!!ConcertVisitorDined on 8/2/2014Bland food is not good, but food that is too salty is worst. Had lobster bisque...too salty. Wife had Lasagna, too salty. I had Sorrentino, too salty. Won't be back soon.
- Parmesan Chicken Wasn't GoodTecheTongueDined on 8/1/2014Something was not right with either the freshness or cut of chicken in my wife's Parmesan dish. Very nice restaurant though and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ram1949Dined on 7/31/2014I had dinner at The Little Village....great service and food was delicious.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 517 reviews are from the The Little Village - Downtown reviews archive.
- Excellent redfishJayJVIPDined on 7/29/2014While known for Italian, the seafood is excellent. The service was friendly, helpful and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Service was truly excellent. Knowledgeable waiter, not overbearing. Entrees were aesthetically pleasing and taste-bud appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatJackDDined on 7/19/2014As always, the Little Village did not disappoint. It is a wonderful corner restaurant with great food, great service, and a fun/energetic ambiance.Special Features:
- Worth the drivemaggidekatDined on 7/18/2014It was totally worth the drive from New Orleans to Baton Rouge. Chef Sean is keeping up the Impeccable standards of the Little Village Downtown's kitchen. The service was great but the food was amazing. Give me a vat of the Lobster Bisque and I'm one happy girl!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniDinerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Enjoyed our visit. The food was outstanding. I had the stuffed red-fish Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.