The Little Village - Airline
14241 Airline HWY
Baton Rouge, LA 70817Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
The Little Village - Airline
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.littlevillagebr.com/
- Phone: 2257514115x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Harrison Decker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We specialize in wedding rehearsals and corporate lunches and dinners. We offer custom six course sit down dinners as well as gorgeous buffets with carving stations and of course you can order right off of our menu with daily specials. We can also cater your every need at your residence, office or off site facility.
A word from The Little Village - Airline
A modern take on the original Village restaurant (established in 1947), our reputation is for serving Baton Rouge’s finest Italian, Prime Beef, Maine Lobster, Veal and fresh Gulf seafood. The Airline location features daily specials, a full bar and can accommodate private parties for up to fifty. We also have space for up to 15 guests in our bar area where dinner is also served.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Little Village - Airline - Best Restaurants in Baton Rouge ›
The Little Village - Airline reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (71)romantic (52)fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (35)good for groups (28)notable wine list (26)hot spot (16)great for lunch (14)great for brunch (9)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- lsu fanOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Best bread pudding ever and we try bread pudding everywhere we go so that is saying a lot!Special Features:
- Hit or missOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014We brought business associates for dinner. Wines we requested throughout the night were either sold out or only one bottle left. Manager did offer great alternatives. Food quality was inconsistent. Their bread is always a must. Have also visited for brunch and the menu had some great choices. In summary, unfortunately some good experiences...others just OK.I would recommend this to a friend.
- fish dishes had changedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/16/2014been coming for yrs but not in last yr chef must have changed fishes dishes did not have the usual taste italian dishes were consistent with other dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experiencebestdineyetDined on 9/14/2014The ambiance, food and surroundings were excellent. Definitely a place to visit and dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for casual mealCritterluvVIPDined on 9/11/2014Had been going to the one downtown when working, but had not been there in four years. Tried The Little Village-Airline and was pleasantly surprised that it was indeed very similar to the one dowtown. I gave the food a four rating only because my husband's fish was just a bit dry; otherwise, all the other food was very good. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- impressed & will go againMeauxtremeDined on 8/29/2014Friendly service , excellent food and good presentation - great first time experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreDTDinerDined on 8/29/2014Service was slow from beginning. Had to wait to be seated, plenty of tables. Wait service poor. 20 min to have order taken., & had to wait for check. Food pricey but not exceptional in taste. Best thing was the bread & the Bloody Mary was great!Special Features:
- Good night, adequate serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The dining at the restaurant was very good and the dining experience as a whole was very good; however, the waiter we had treated us rather rudely and didn't take me seriously. Will not go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealAnnKVIPDined on 8/28/2014Restaurant was quiet. I got the table I requested. We had a very nice and obliging waiter named Cameron. We really enjoyed our evening.Special Features:
- always a hit!eattoliveandlivetoeatDined on 8/26/2014We got engaged at the downtown location, but we went to the location on Airline this time. Its just as lovely of an experience as downtown, but not as noisy, especially on a weekday. We love it everytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed and satisfying experience.TonyDined on 8/26/2014My wife and I went to dinner on Tuesday night. Our server, Brian, was very attentive yet not "hovering." Brian's suggestions were helpful and informative. Dinning on a Tuesday meant we had a quiet and relaxed evening since there wasn't the usual Friday/Saturday crowd and waiting line. The food preparation and presentation were excellent, and the white chocolate bread pudding is the best I can remember eating. I highly recommend the Little Village for special occasion dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and atmospheregf151Dined on 8/22/2014We have been to Little Village on Airline in Baton Rouge on several occasions and absolutely love the variety of specials offered nightly. In addition, the service is always outstanding. I love the romantic atmosphere. Such a great place to celebrate special occasions or any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobsters are greatBlackeyedpeasDined on 8/20/2014We went on Wednesday night for the lobster special and the food and service were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeLoves2eatDined on 8/9/2014Little village has great food and service. The bread is a must. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicebamagrlDined on 8/2/2014We enjoyed our food and our server. All went off without a hitch and our table was ready when we arrived. A confirmation call was made to me the day before and that's when my request was made to confirm a table in the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too shabby1HappyCamperDined on 8/1/2014Of course we ordered the bread. Good, but not worth 9.50 for a half loaf with a garlic clove on the side. Ordered my ribeye med rare and most of it was medium but about a 1/3 was medium well. Still a good steak. My wife got the Seafood medley pasta, it was good. Atmosphere is tight, but bearable and our service was amazing. Spent $105 which included 2 drinks, gratuity, THE BREAD, and our meals. May go back in 3 or 4 months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little VillageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014We went to The Little Village and enjoyed it very much. Our waitress was Jamie and she did a wonderful job, especially since the restaurant was booked and it was "Restaurant Week" in Baton Rouge. As busy as she was, she still made us feel as though we were her only patrons.Special Features:
- An Evening With The Little VillageBeafoodieDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I recently went to Little Village for "date night". We enjoyed the setting. Though we were in the company of other couples as well as families with children, we still felt a measure of privacy. The food was very good. We had veal that evening. And The Bread...oh my... Delicious is an understatement!!! So glad we had a reservation. We arrived right on time and were seated immediately. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedKenFVIPDined on 7/18/2014Dined here a dozen or so times and never had less than a great dining experience. Not a bad choice on the menu. Last night, I jokingly asked the host for a table with a lake view, which I new that there is none. A few minutes later, he returned with an 8 x 10 of a lake scene with a pier which he found on his computer and printed out. We all had a good laugh. Can't wait to return. Upon leaving, I told him that next visit we would like a table with a mountain view.Special Features:
- Love The Little Village!ReneDined on 7/17/2014Always pleased when we come to The Little Village on Airline Hwy. Great atmosphere whether special occasion or weeknight dining. The food was excellent and the service was superb! We tried the Beef Manicotti as an appetizer for the first time and it was delicious. And the Village Bread is the best in the city! Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week.foodiefiendDined on 7/15/2014We went for my aunt's birthday and happened to go during Baton Rouge Restaurant Week. The restaurant week menu was fabulous and my aunt raved about the bread and her blue cheese wedge salad ( which wasn't a part of the special menu). The bottle of wine we ordered was also fantastic. That being said the cocktails were weak and a bit watery ( a sazerac and an old fashion) and while the picatta sauce was excellent, the veal was so-so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- teddyDined on 7/13/2014The food, service, and ambience was outstanding. Our server Will made this dining experience special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Experience GoodGoodDined on 7/11/2014Went with a friend to try the evening menu. Good menu. Ashton was a GREAT server. Had a really nice experience with him. Food was really good as well. Thanks!
- Great food, one disappointing itemloriluDined on 7/5/2014We have been happy with everthing we've had, paste, veal, seafood. The vegies are generally over cooked though, and the duck dish was lackluster. The candied pecan rice with it not good either. Desserts are top notch, Little Village blend wine is very good, both the red and the white. Currently my favorite place......... wish they'd improve on the vegies though. And they shouldn't charge extra if you substitute for their one vegie of the day. I put outstanding on the food despite the vegies.......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingGaLaLoveDined on 7/3/2014Without a doubt one of the finest dinner spots in Baton Rouge. Food, service and atmosphere was perfect. Creme Brûlée was to die for! Wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening out go to placeNutbusterDined on 7/1/2014Great place for a very nice evening out! Drinks are always good. Service is attentive. Do try the bread when you go, it is a must have!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunday night dinnerGammyDined on 6/29/2014four different entrees; all excellent. great serviceSpecial Features:
- Outstanding!EulieVIPDined on 6/29/2014The food was awesome and the service was great. The quality is what impressed me the most and I will most certainly come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!!Luv2dine2Dined on 6/28/2014Our waiter was great!! He took our drink orders as soon as we sat down. Our food was brought out in a timely manner pipping hot and oh so yummy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Under staffed tables too closeluv2eatoutDined on 6/27/2014Although the food was very good either the kitchen was under staffed or our server had too many tables. We had reservations for 6:45 arrived at 6:35 and were immediately seated. After ordering it took until 7:15 to bring our bread and then 7:30 to bring our salad. The server told us our salad would be right out 10 min before it was brought to our table. By the time the main course was delivered i was ready to take it to go. The layout of the restaurant forces foot traffic by nearly every table. Twice during our meal other servers bumped the back of our chair. Great tasting but over priced Italian. I would suggest you plan ahead and order to go. Not a dining experience I plan to repeat soon.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014Clarence was our server. He did an outstanding job taking care of our table even though we had 4 children under the age of 9 years. We always enjoy Little Village!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014We love going to the Little Village because the food and wine selection is wonderful. If they don't have a wine we like, the waitress is always good at recommending something else. The staff is very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice birthday celebrationmbrlaDined on 6/23/2014Everything was really enjoyable, pleasant atmosphere, very attentive waiter, food was delicious.Special Features:
- Never Disappoints!!LoriDined on 6/19/2014As always, our experience at Little Village was most enjoyable!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GroovyDined on 6/18/2014The food and service is excellent and the whole staff is very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining delightHappytummyDined on 6/15/2014We went for Father's Day and even with an abbreviated menu it was still a wonderful experience. We had a party of 5 and everyone went home happy and with a full stomach. They even offered complimentary bread pudding for Father's Day. The service was amazing. Our waiter was prompt, friendly and accurate. I will be going back soon. Don't look down you nose just because this location is in a store front, the atmosphere is nice, the service was great and the food was wonderful.Special Features:
- Exceptional Place to DineLAB2014Dined on 6/15/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants. It is a much needed venue in south Baton Rouge with a great location. I have not had a meal that I did not like. t's signature bread is outstanding. The Seafood Medley is to die for! Leave room for the bread pudding...delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food!SummerDined on 6/15/2014The menu selection was diverse yet not overwhelming. All the dishes were cooked perfectly. Service was wonderful. We had a wonderful Father's Day meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch and dinnerLuvgoodfoodDined on 6/14/2014The food and service are always consistent. Really good Italian food which is hard to find. Steaks and seafood are also excellent. All around my favorite place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant...KarenVIPDined on 6/14/2014...But I was disappointed with my Open Table experience. Other reviewers have commented that they always get the worst tables tables (like near the kitchen) with their OT reservations. I've been to this place several times, not through OT, and have always gotten a decent seat, so I didn't worry about that. I should have. The hostess crammed us in a tiny booth in heavy waiter traffic. So my service was spotty even though the area was busy. And this was after she laughed at us for wanting 2 wine and cocktail lists. Their veal dishes are decent, and they have a good selection of steaks and pasta dishes. Wine cocktail list are excellent. The veal was a little too salty this time. Overall, I recommend the place... With those caveats.Special Features: