The Little Village - Airline
14241 Airline HWY
Baton Rouge, LA 70817Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
The Little Village - Airline
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.littlevillagebr.com/
- Phone: (225) 751-4115
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Harrison Decker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We specialize in wedding rehearsals and corporate lunches and dinners. We offer custom six course sit down dinners as well as gorgeous buffets with carving stations and of course you can order right off of our menu with daily specials. We can also cater your every need at your residence, office or off site facility.
A word from The Little Village - Airline
A modern take on the original Village restaurant (established in 1947), our reputation is for serving Baton Rouge’s finest Italian, Prime Beef, Maine Lobster, Veal and fresh Gulf seafood. The Airline location features daily specials, a full bar and can accommodate private parties for up to fifty. We also have space for up to 15 guests in our bar area where dinner is also served.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
The Little Village - Airline - Best Restaurants in Baton Rouge ›
The Little Village - Airline reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (47)romantic (35)neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (23)notable wine list (21)good for groups (15)great for lunch (11)hot spot (9)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great as usualbrsavageDined on 11/15/2014As always great service, friendly staff - and above all the food is consistently perfect. The Airline location is our preference due to proximity - and of course we love the Village bread!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good timeNutbusterDined on 11/14/2014My friends and I always have a good time when we visit here. Not a place to take kids that like to run around. A place you can enjoy a very quiet and special evening with someone! Oh and DO try the bread! Do not go here and not try it! The bread is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2014Wine List overpriced even for their peer group. Waiter trys too hard to get you to spend on add onsSpecial Features:
- Always a PleasureCamelliaDined on 11/7/2014Great specials and regular menu items. The Maitre D' is awesome! Would recommend anything on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls dinner outJenniferleighDined on 11/7/2014Had dinner with girlfriends from church and we had never been here. Service was great and the food was delicious. One thing at the end was we ordered creme brûlée but they brought flan. Then a wonderful thing happened. Someone paid for our dinner. We forgot all about the flan! I'm looking forward to trying out the downtown location with my husband :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To long of s wait for food.RandJDined on 11/1/2014It started off we had reservations for 7:45pm, didn't get seated till 8:20pm. The table they gave us was stuck off in a corner with only a view of a window. We ordered appetizers which came out not warm. And then it was 45 mins. from when we got done with our appetizer till we got our entrees which was cold. We received stuff to our table which we did not order and was told they would take it off our bill which when we got the bill was still on there. To top it off the waiter asked if we were celebration anything and my wife told him no was just having a nice dinner before we have our baby in December. When my wife asked for a box the waiter said being pregnant and big I figured you would eat it all. That was very out of line. Won't be back
- Poor experienceDisappointedatAirlineDined on 11/1/2014I've visited the Little Village downtown multiple times & Saturday I went to the Airline location for the first time. I SHOULD NOT HAVE. Firstly, our table wasn't ready when we arrived. The hostess was awkward & when we asked if there was a bar or somewhere we could wait she was like oh yeh I guess you could wait there. Then when I got to the bar, I requested a wine menu. It took the girl about five minutes to find one and then she didn't even give it to me. Our bread was cold. The wait for our meal took 2 hours. The lobster cream pasta I've had multiple times at the other location was totally different and tasted like overcooked $.99 velveta with red pepper. It was awful. Our drinks were always empty & overall the experience was just bad.
- birthday dinnerbenitojuarezDined on 10/25/2014We booked a party of 12 online before the restaurant opened on a Saturday night. When we called to confirm, we actually added 4 more. They took it in stride and had our table ready and waiting when we arrived in a semi-private back room. The food, as always, was excellent, I didn't hear one complaint. The service was good, not great as usual, our server was a bit new. I was surprised to see a somewhat soft-spoken, new server given a party of 16, but what he lacked in skill, he made up for in effort. He worked hard to keep up with all our needs. A seasoned veteran may have been a little better at keeping up. Overall, the birthday girl enjoyed her dinner as did everyone else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Little Village- Airline25thBDayDined on 10/24/2014I recently made reservations for my 25th birthday dinner. I arrived at the resturant on time, however it took them 30 minutes to seat my guests and I. Although the food and wine were extremely wonderful the poor service that I received did not do it any justice. I hope that the restaurant makes some changes because that was unsatisfactory and very unprofessional!Special Features:
- Excellent Food & Service!SandyDined on 10/22/2014The food was delicious as always. You must get the Village loaf! Excellent Service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special night outlunLVbreadDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I have been going to LV since friends took us to the downtown location about maybe 2005? We were thrilled when the Airline location opened up since we live in Geismar. we have celebrated special occasions there with friends as far as New Orleans. We like that it doesn't require really dressy attire to. Fancy dining but casual at same time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDined on 9/27/2014Despite its reputation, we found that The Little Village - Airline was nothing special. The food was edible but not great, the service was pleasant. I'm sure the salad came straight from a supermarket packet, and I could not taste the dressing that I requested. I can think of many other restaurants that I prefer to visit, rather than return here, certainly at the prices charged.Special Features:
- Iceberg!!!LashkVIPDined on 9/26/2014The food was good but took 40 minutes to get. My biggest complaint is they cater to the wait staff and keep it FREEZING in the dining rooms. Makes it miserable to stay in there!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took a long time to get our food!MomofThreeDined on 9/26/2014It was our 16th wedding anniversary and we were so excited to have a night away from the kids to enjoy ourselves. We arrived at 7:15 and were seated right away. The setting was nice, although our table was in the walkway to the kitchen which meant people flying by every second. After we ordered, our bread was brought out fairly quick. Then we waited and waited. We got our salads 30 minutes after we were done with our bread. (I thought they had forgot about the salads.) Our entree's came out 1 hour and 15 minutes after our reservation time. We were told that there were 2 large parties going on and that's why everything was taking so long. I find that unacceptable. We probably won't go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wowmgp1981VIPDined on 9/21/2014The brunch menu is not only amazing but affordable. Our server Jonathan was outstanding. He was extremely attentive and helpful. The food portions were large and the food was hot and tasty. I would highly recommend Little Village for brunch. They also have $7 unlimited mimosas, bloody marys, and bellinis.Special Features:
- lsu fanlovelouisianaDined on 9/19/2014Best bread pudding ever and we try bread pudding everywhere we go so that is saying a lot!Special Features:
- Hit or missfrequentlydiningoutDined on 9/17/2014We brought business associates for dinner. Wines we requested throughout the night were either sold out or only one bottle left. Manager did offer great alternatives. Food quality was inconsistent. Their bread is always a must. Have also visited for brunch and the menu had some great choices. In summary, unfortunately some good experiences...others just OK.I would recommend this to a friend.
- fish dishes had changedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/16/2014been coming for yrs but not in last yr chef must have changed fishes dishes did not have the usual taste italian dishes were consistent with other dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experiencebestdineyetDined on 9/14/2014The ambiance, food and surroundings were excellent. Definitely a place to visit and dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for casual mealCritterluvVIPDined on 9/11/2014Had been going to the one downtown when working, but had not been there in four years. Tried The Little Village-Airline and was pleasantly surprised that it was indeed very similar to the one dowtown. I gave the food a four rating only because my husband's fish was just a bit dry; otherwise, all the other food was very good. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- impressed & will go againMeauxtremeDined on 8/29/2014Friendly service , excellent food and good presentation - great first time experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreDTDinerDined on 8/29/2014Service was slow from beginning. Had to wait to be seated, plenty of tables. Wait service poor. 20 min to have order taken., & had to wait for check. Food pricey but not exceptional in taste. Best thing was the bread & the Bloody Mary was great!Special Features:
- Good night, adequate serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The dining at the restaurant was very good and the dining experience as a whole was very good; however, the waiter we had treated us rather rudely and didn't take me seriously. Will not go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealAnnKVIPDined on 8/28/2014Restaurant was quiet. I got the table I requested. We had a very nice and obliging waiter named Cameron. We really enjoyed our evening.Special Features:
- always a hit!eattoliveandlivetoeatDined on 8/26/2014We got engaged at the downtown location, but we went to the location on Airline this time. Its just as lovely of an experience as downtown, but not as noisy, especially on a weekday. We love it everytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed and satisfying experience.TonyDined on 8/26/2014My wife and I went to dinner on Tuesday night. Our server, Brian, was very attentive yet not "hovering." Brian's suggestions were helpful and informative. Dinning on a Tuesday meant we had a quiet and relaxed evening since there wasn't the usual Friday/Saturday crowd and waiting line. The food preparation and presentation were excellent, and the white chocolate bread pudding is the best I can remember eating. I highly recommend the Little Village for special occasion dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and atmospheregf151Dined on 8/22/2014We have been to Little Village on Airline in Baton Rouge on several occasions and absolutely love the variety of specials offered nightly. In addition, the service is always outstanding. I love the romantic atmosphere. Such a great place to celebrate special occasions or any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobsters are greatBlackeyedpeasDined on 8/20/2014We went on Wednesday night for the lobster special and the food and service were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeLoves2eatDined on 8/9/2014Little village has great food and service. The bread is a must. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicebamagrlDined on 8/2/2014We enjoyed our food and our server. All went off without a hitch and our table was ready when we arrived. A confirmation call was made to me the day before and that's when my request was made to confirm a table in the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too shabby1HappyCamperDined on 8/1/2014Of course we ordered the bread. Good, but not worth 9.50 for a half loaf with a garlic clove on the side. Ordered my ribeye med rare and most of it was medium but about a 1/3 was medium well. Still a good steak. My wife got the Seafood medley pasta, it was good. Atmosphere is tight, but bearable and our service was amazing. Spent $105 which included 2 drinks, gratuity, THE BREAD, and our meals. May go back in 3 or 4 months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 546 reviews are from the The Little Village - Airline reviews archive.
- Little VillageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014We went to The Little Village and enjoyed it very much. Our waitress was Jamie and she did a wonderful job, especially since the restaurant was booked and it was "Restaurant Week" in Baton Rouge. As busy as she was, she still made us feel as though we were her only patrons.Special Features:
- An Evening With The Little VillageBeafoodieDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I recently went to Little Village for "date night". We enjoyed the setting. Though we were in the company of other couples as well as families with children, we still felt a measure of privacy. The food was very good. We had veal that evening. And The Bread...oh my... Delicious is an understatement!!! So glad we had a reservation. We arrived right on time and were seated immediately. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedKenFVIPDined on 7/18/2014Dined here a dozen or so times and never had less than a great dining experience. Not a bad choice on the menu. Last night, I jokingly asked the host for a table with a lake view, which I new that there is none. A few minutes later, he returned with an 8 x 10 of a lake scene with a pier which he found on his computer and printed out. We all had a good laugh. Can't wait to return. Upon leaving, I told him that next visit we would like a table with a mountain view.Special Features:
- Love The Little Village!ReneDined on 7/17/2014Always pleased when we come to The Little Village on Airline Hwy. Great atmosphere whether special occasion or weeknight dining. The food was excellent and the service was superb! We tried the Beef Manicotti as an appetizer for the first time and it was delicious. And the Village Bread is the best in the city! Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week.foodiefiendDined on 7/15/2014We went for my aunt's birthday and happened to go during Baton Rouge Restaurant Week. The restaurant week menu was fabulous and my aunt raved about the bread and her blue cheese wedge salad ( which wasn't a part of the special menu). The bottle of wine we ordered was also fantastic. That being said the cocktails were weak and a bit watery ( a sazerac and an old fashion) and while the picatta sauce was excellent, the veal was so-so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- teddyDined on 7/13/2014The food, service, and ambience was outstanding. Our server Will made this dining experience special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Experience GoodGoodDined on 7/11/2014Went with a friend to try the evening menu. Good menu. Ashton was a GREAT server. Had a really nice experience with him. Food was really good as well. Thanks!
- Great food, one disappointing itemloriluDined on 7/5/2014We have been happy with everthing we've had, paste, veal, seafood. The vegies are generally over cooked though, and the duck dish was lackluster. The candied pecan rice with it not good either. Desserts are top notch, Little Village blend wine is very good, both the red and the white. Currently my favorite place......... wish they'd improve on the vegies though. And they shouldn't charge extra if you substitute for their one vegie of the day. I put outstanding on the food despite the vegies.......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingGaLaLoveDined on 7/3/2014Without a doubt one of the finest dinner spots in Baton Rouge. Food, service and atmosphere was perfect. Creme Brûlée was to die for! Wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.