The Little Tuna
141 Kings Highway East
Haddonfield, NJ 08033Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Little Tuna
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thelittletuna.com/
- Phone: (856) 795-0888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: Close at 8:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Darren P Watson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We offer a wide range of off premise catering. Please contact us directly for details, thank you
- Private Party Facilities: Our private party room can seat up to 60 guests & even very small parties. Please call the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Marcus 8567950888
A word from The Little Tuna
The little tuna is located in historic down towne haddonfield new jersey. We offer a wide range of classic & inovative seafood and steak. Please feel free to bring your own spirits (BYOB). Catering is availble on one of our two floors partys up to 60 guests per floor can be accomodated. We will meet any special request you may have.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
The Little Tuna - Best Restaurants in Haddonfield ›
The Little Tuna reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (65)fit for foodies (30)special occasion (26)romantic (25)great for lunch (22)good for groups (14)great for outdoor dining (8)great for brunch (4)hot spot (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- A FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/11/2014We visit The Little Tuna quite often and we are never disappointed! One this visit, we sat upstairs and our server, Dominick, was terrific. I especially enjoyed the scallops over pasta from the three course menu!Special Features:
- Big disappointmenttreeclimberDined on 10/8/2014Understaffed this visit. Good lobster bisque but entree was not hot whe brought very late to table. Request for bread was not fulfilled until almost end of meal. Other tables seemed to receive more prompt attention than ours with two women.
- Trifecta!AFanVIPDined on 10/8/2014Most times you are lucky to find a restaurant that has 2 out of the 3 qualities you hope they excel at; food, service and ambiance but here you get all three. From the moment we arrived we felt welcomed. Our server was most likely the best I have ever had anywhere. He was attentive without being intrusive and his attention to detail was spectacular. The food was perfect. I had the scallops with the spinach salad. The scallops were perfectly cooked. They offer three base salads with several choices of protein which is a fabulous idea. The lobster bisque was creamy, seasoned perfectly and had lumps of lobster meat. My mother, who is from the south, said the fried oysters were perfect! I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Maybe they had a bad night?WeshoreliketoeatVIPDined on 10/6/2014I haven't been there in years. I took a friend there the other day and I was disappointed in the fish. I had the pistachio crusted salmon and my friend had the flounder franchais. Honestly, we were both disappointed. Sad, because I used to like this place. I should mention that the side vegetables were excellent and that the service was good.
- Great Food, Great ServiceKaren7Dined on 10/2/2014We all got their $19.99 dinner deal and it was amazing. The food was fabulous, the portions perfect and the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- An outstanding experience!LovemyfamilydinnersDined on 10/1/2014The ambiance, service and food were all outstanding! Looking for the right location and food to celebrate with family The Little Tuna did not disappoint. Excellent appetizers (highly recommend the artichoke dip and scallops wrapped in bacon) followed by perfectly prepared entrees of crab cakes and the baked seafood combination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delishDined on 10/1/2014Great food. Waiter thought he was funny. Not good at entertainmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time -- bad timingluv2RVDined on 10/1/2014My first visit and I was not disappointed in either the food or the service. HOWEVER, and it's a big however, when we walked in we noticed an immediate foul and musty smell. We thought maybe it just needed to air, but it got worse. As other diners came in, they explained to them that there was a water main break and the entry point was right under the middle of the floor -- where we were sitting! They offered all incoming diners to seat them upstairs, but never offered that to us. The food was excellent and our waiter was beyond attentive, but it would have really been nice that besides an apology for having to smell that all through dinner they had offered to comp something! It would have been an incentive to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DickDined on 9/27/2014Our only criticism is the service. The waiter originally assigned to our table did not appear until we were halfway through our meal. We had to find a waiter ourselves in order to place our orders.Special Features:
- Always consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed another romantic dinner Saturday night outside for two. The waiter, Dominic, was very attentive and was on top of our every need. Besides teenagers riding their bikes rapidly behind us and nearly crashing into a waiter, te night was calm and uneventful and thoroughly enjoyed. The bacon wrapped scallops are always a must and the Maine lobster was excellent. Why we come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellent foodSue56Dined on 9/20/2014We have been eating at The Little Tuna for years now and have never been disappointed. We noticed they now have a fresh seafood market next to the restaurant where you can purchase their high quality seafood and some sides for take home. This trip we started with a dozen Blue Point and Chesapeake raw oysters which were very fresh and briny. I then had the crab stuffed rainbow trout, rice and broccoli and my husband had the 12 oz sirloin steak which was cooked perfectly rare - his mashed potatoes were outstanding. Everything was prepared perfectly and the key lime tart we shared for dessert was also just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experiencesjhedconDined on 9/20/2014Good value. Neighbor location and welcoming staff a plusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieDined on 9/20/20144 of us went to dinner. They have an early menu which is a 3 course meal for $19.95 & well worth it. We started w/the spinach/artichoke app.$13.00.Enough for 4. 2 of us had the chicken gombo & 2 had the lobster bisque soups to start. The soups were good. The lobster soup was very thick w/ a lot of lobster meat in it. 3 of us had the ceasar & 1 the garden salad. The ceasar was good, nothing outstanding.We've had better & much worse. The main course :2 Tuna steaks, 1 flounder & 1 talapia. The tuna steak was very good. If the rub was on 1 side instead of 2 it would have been better. It was very hot. The talapia had a nice light ginger sauce. All the entrees were served w/broccoli & carrots. The portions were good, we had no room for dessert.Special Features:
- Nothing specialKeeksDined on 9/12/2014We went to the little tuna for dinner on a Friday night. The salad was mediocre. The food was plain. One of my favorite appetizers is tuna. There, it was sliced too thick and didn't have anything special. We should have spent out $100 in Philly.
- Nice DinnerKellyDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I enjoyed a pleasant dinner with excellent service. I took advantage of the 3 courses (soup, salad, and entree) for $20 while my husband's entree alone (we both had tuna) was $27, which makes it worth getting there before 6:30! I did not love their "famous" lobster bisque as it was very heavy on the cream and light on the lobster, but their tuna was cooked to perfection!Special Features:
- Nearly perfectFelinesDined on 9/12/2014Our for was great--we had 3 courses for under $20 each, The seafood is always fresh and perfectly cooked. We had the scallops primavera with penne in a splashy garlic sauce. Delish! The only drawback was in service when the server, thinking that because I had arrived 15 minutes prior to my dining partner and had overheard him explain the specials to the couple adjacent my seat that he didn't need to repeat them directly to us. Oy vey! Needless to say I felt dissed. I didn't care at the time because we had already made up our mind on our selections but it would have been a common courtesy. The rest of the service was absolutely fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/6/2014little tuna has always been a stalwart dining experience. Good and fresh seafood at not unreasonable prices,try the 3course for20$,the only complaint was the filet bites were too fatty or the bacon was not cooked properly. otherwise great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS GREAT!!THEBARONVIPDined on 8/29/2014I love the relaxed feel of this place. The blackened grilled tuna is ALWAYS outstanding and the banana bread pudiing was fantastic!Special Features:
- Fresh Fish anyonemyhappyplace1Dined on 8/23/2014I dine at Little tuna with some family members from out of town. Food was good, service was OK...Couple of suggestions to the restaurant: For a BYOB, rather than putting out the cheap grade wine glasses they should invest on some proper wine glasses specific for white or red wine since they are charging premium fees for the entrees. I am certain that the guest who are dining at this restaurant know how to pair their food with their wine... My second comment is that some of the dishes are a bit overly stuffed, filled and topped... The catfish special with the Cajun spices I had was so salty and I am one who puts salt on everything I eat, thought that it was too much... the fish was smothered with the spices that I couldn't taste the fishSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014I ordered flounder franchise. What I got was fried flounder with capers on top. Not the same thing! Very disappointing.
- Surprisedcrowld00Dined on 8/17/2014Haven't been to restaurant for years as it was average. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality and freshness of the food. We live 5 minutes away and will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very fresh fish.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014We were a party of four. We each ordered something different. Everything was very fresh tasting. I believe that all of the fish selections were wild caught and not the usual cheap tilapia or farm raised salmon. Our waiter was personable and the room was pretty.Special Features:
- great lobster bisqueOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/10/2014the lobster bisque soup was amazing. very, very, good. had a great lunch hereSpecial Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Go enjoy a good seafood meal great service and the fish is very freshSpecial Features:
- Spectacular ServiceJsaxDined on 8/7/2014Little Tuna's earns an A➕ for service. We made reservations for noon, but arrived a bit early. Our party included a toddler and the host welcomed us with enthusiasm. His attitude was very much appreciated especially when dealing with small children The host also served as our waiter and we never had to wait for anything. In my book, we dined at the Big Tuna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaintluvopntbl2VIPDined on 8/3/2014Very nice atmosphere with a variety of specials to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to have dinner.DMCsDined on 8/2/2014We have dined here multiple times and once with a large party. Nice place when you want to go out to dinner and have grown tired of the usual chain restaurants. Not quite fine dinning...but nice atmosphere which makes the meal feel "special". Attentive staff. Fair prices. Good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatNJHorseDined on 8/2/2014Really good service and food. Our waiter was amazing and very attentive. The food was excellent and the specials were great.
- Great Food; Great ValueHaddonfieldDined on 7/31/2014Check out the early bird special. The food is very good and the early bird special is a great value.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Our meal was perfectly cooked and the service was fantastic very attentive and not rushed in any way. Highly recommend this place can't wait to return. Great Crab CakeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonBDined on 7/26/2014WE have dined at Little Tuna several times & love the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inconsistent!Never again!MartyrDined on 7/25/2014My daughter and I ate there a month ago and looked forward to returning. Major dissappointment this time around. Food and service ok but not good enough. Won't return or recommend.
- Simple and plentyfulHK4diningDined on 7/22/2014This was one of South Jersey's Restaurant Week events, dubbed Farm to Fork. We took the menu specially designed for this event. The portions were generous and the entree were good. However, my soup was a bit on the salty side and the dessert was too simplistic. Yet for $35 a person, it is worth the money. BTW, toward the latter part of our meal, there were a couple of flies. We told the staff, but was not nothing they can do about. What a pity!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a nice night outMharris239Dined on 7/19/2014Both our server and the food was very good. The blackened tuna (my favorite) was a larger portion than I remember before which was a nice surprise. Relaxed atmosphere adds to a very well prepared meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodHungrymanDined on 7/17/2014Food, service was good, we enjoyed both. Very Loud, noise was uncomfortable at times.Special Features:
- DisappointedMarchaDined on 7/16/2014I have been hearing about this restaurant for several years. It was not at all what I expected. They had a special 3 course dinner but they conveniently did not give us that menu or mention it until we asked. My friend did order the flat iron steak from that menu and it wasn't bad. I ordered flounder stuffed with crabmeat from the regular menu. By far, it was the worst flounder stuffed with crabmeat I've ever had. It was tasteless. The edges were rubbery, like it had been microwaved or something. The crabmeat, which our waiter raved about, left much to be desired. I would not go there again.
- RipDavidHungry1inHaddonfieldDined on 7/14/2014We made a last minute reservation on a Monday night. No problem! The food, as always, was excellent. My wife had Ahi Tuna and it was prepared just as requested. I had Cioppino with a mild red sauce, and it was also perfect. We also had a wonderful catfish fingers appetizer with some very tasty sauces. In all, we love Little tuna. their outside seating is nice although they have uncomfortable tables and chairs which we wish they would upgrade. But sitting outside in toney Haddonfield at a BYOB is always a pleasant experience otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Tuna, large delightCrab2014Dined on 7/14/2014The restaurant itself is not extremely elegant but cozy and comfortable. Our waiter was excellent, not overbearing yet very attentive to our needs. My wife was not very hungry, she ordered the mini-crab cakes which were tasty but the sauce on them was Very spicy. She also had the lobster bisque which was very creamy and tasty. For an appetizer, I ordered the chicken pot stickers. What a pleasant surprise! There was a good amount of these tasty morsels. The outside was mildly crunchy but the sauce on them was out of this world. I also ordered the peppercorn tuna. The toppings were a little overwhelming and I would have like the tuna a bit rarer, but still a delicious dinner. In a nutshell, go.Special Features:
- RevolutionDined on 7/12/2014Too noisy, we could not hear each other talk. The food was good but not worth the price. We spent $100.00 for two entrees, an appetizer and spinach salads. We bought no drinks nor did we have desert. For this price, coffee and a side vegetable would be a nice perk.
- noisedelishDined on 7/12/2014Very loud table across the aisle made it difficult to talkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.