The Little Tuna
141 Kings Highway East
Haddonfield, NJ 08033Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Little Tuna
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thelittletuna.com/
- Phone: (856) 795-0888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: Close at 8:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Darren P Watson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We offer a wide range of off premise catering. Please contact us directly for details, thank you
- Private Party Facilities: Our private party room can seat up to 60 guests & even very small parties. Please call the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Marcus 8567950888
A word from The Little Tuna
The little tuna is located in historic down towne haddonfield new jersey. We offer a wide range of classic & inovative seafood and steak. Please feel free to bring your own spirits (BYOB). Catering is availble on one of our two floors partys up to 60 guests per floor can be accomodated. We will meet any special request you may have.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Little Tuna reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (62)fit for foodies (30)special occasion (28)romantic (21)great for lunch (21)great for outdoor dining (12)good for groups (7)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Surprisedcrowld00Dined on 8/17/2014Haven't been to restaurant for years as it was average. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality and freshness of the food. We live 5 minutes away and will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very fresh fish.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014We were a party of four. We each ordered something different. Everything was very fresh tasting. I believe that all of the fish selections were wild caught and not the usual cheap tilapia or farm raised salmon. Our waiter was personable and the room was pretty.Special Features:
- great lobster bisqueOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/10/2014the lobster bisque soup was amazing. very, very, good. had a great lunch hereSpecial Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Go enjoy a good seafood meal great service and the fish is very freshSpecial Features:
- Spectacular ServiceJsaxDined on 8/7/2014Little Tuna's earns an A➕ for service. We made reservations for noon, but arrived a bit early. Our party included a toddler and the host welcomed us with enthusiasm. His attitude was very much appreciated especially when dealing with small children The host also served as our waiter and we never had to wait for anything. In my book, we dined at the Big Tuna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaintluvopntbl2Dined on 8/3/2014Very nice atmosphere with a variety of specials to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to have dinner.DMCsDined on 8/2/2014We have dined here multiple times and once with a large party. Nice place when you want to go out to dinner and have grown tired of the usual chain restaurants. Not quite fine dinning...but nice atmosphere which makes the meal feel "special". Attentive staff. Fair prices. Good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatNJHorseDined on 8/2/2014Really good service and food. Our waiter was amazing and very attentive. The food was excellent and the specials were great.
- Great Food; Great ValueHaddonfieldDined on 7/31/2014Check out the early bird special. The food is very good and the early bird special is a great value.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Our meal was perfectly cooked and the service was fantastic very attentive and not rushed in any way. Highly recommend this place can't wait to return. Great Crab CakeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonBDined on 7/26/2014WE have dined at Little Tuna several times & love the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inconsistent!Never again!MartyrDined on 7/25/2014My daughter and I ate there a month ago and looked forward to returning. Major dissappointment this time around. Food and service ok but not good enough. Won't return or recommend.
- Simple and plentyfulHK4diningDined on 7/22/2014This was one of South Jersey's Restaurant Week events, dubbed Farm to Fork. We took the menu specially designed for this event. The portions were generous and the entree were good. However, my soup was a bit on the salty side and the dessert was too simplistic. Yet for $35 a person, it is worth the money. BTW, toward the latter part of our meal, there were a couple of flies. We told the staff, but was not nothing they can do about. What a pity!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a nice night outMharris239Dined on 7/19/2014Both our server and the food was very good. The blackened tuna (my favorite) was a larger portion than I remember before which was a nice surprise. Relaxed atmosphere adds to a very well prepared meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodHungrymanDined on 7/17/2014Food, service was good, we enjoyed both. Very Loud, noise was uncomfortable at times.Special Features:
- DisappointedMarchaDined on 7/16/2014I have been hearing about this restaurant for several years. It was not at all what I expected. They had a special 3 course dinner but they conveniently did not give us that menu or mention it until we asked. My friend did order the flat iron steak from that menu and it wasn't bad. I ordered flounder stuffed with crabmeat from the regular menu. By far, it was the worst flounder stuffed with crabmeat I've ever had. It was tasteless. The edges were rubbery, like it had been microwaved or something. The crabmeat, which our waiter raved about, left much to be desired. I would not go there again.
- RipDavidHungry1inHaddonfieldDined on 7/14/2014We made a last minute reservation on a Monday night. No problem! The food, as always, was excellent. My wife had Ahi Tuna and it was prepared just as requested. I had Cioppino with a mild red sauce, and it was also perfect. We also had a wonderful catfish fingers appetizer with some very tasty sauces. In all, we love Little tuna. their outside seating is nice although they have uncomfortable tables and chairs which we wish they would upgrade. But sitting outside in toney Haddonfield at a BYOB is always a pleasant experience otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Tuna, large delightCrab2014Dined on 7/14/2014The restaurant itself is not extremely elegant but cozy and comfortable. Our waiter was excellent, not overbearing yet very attentive to our needs. My wife was not very hungry, she ordered the mini-crab cakes which were tasty but the sauce on them was Very spicy. She also had the lobster bisque which was very creamy and tasty. For an appetizer, I ordered the chicken pot stickers. What a pleasant surprise! There was a good amount of these tasty morsels. The outside was mildly crunchy but the sauce on them was out of this world. I also ordered the peppercorn tuna. The toppings were a little overwhelming and I would have like the tuna a bit rarer, but still a delicious dinner. In a nutshell, go.Special Features:
- RevolutionDined on 7/12/2014Too noisy, we could not hear each other talk. The food was good but not worth the price. We spent $100.00 for two entrees, an appetizer and spinach salads. We bought no drinks nor did we have desert. For this price, coffee and a side vegetable would be a nice perk.
- noisedelishDined on 7/12/2014Very loud table across the aisle made it difficult to talkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Our meal was delicious; generous portions. Definitely would return and recommend to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MisinformedRahn89Dined on 7/4/2014The waiter bought the food to the table without the Dungeness crab on the plate. When I asked the waiter where the Dungeness was, he replied" no Dungeness today" and walked away. The broiled seafood platter clearly states the it is suppose to come with Dungeness. The snow crab that was sent out with the plate was sad and had a grey shell. Not a great experience!
- Pleasant SurpriseLytnupDined on 6/21/2014Very nice BYOB. Appetizer was bacon wrapped scallops. Done to perfection. Sesame encrusted Tuna (rare) also done perfectly and very tasty. Crab cakes with no fillers??? Maybe the best I ever had. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood GemfoodonmindDined on 6/15/2014When we are in the mood for seafood, The Little Tuna is the first place we think about, if we don't want to drive to the shore. The food is so fresh, and well-seasoned. Tables are far enough away that you can have a quiet conversation. The seafood market that greets you when you first arrive always displays enticing offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expectedJoeGDined on 6/14/2014The tuna that my wife ordered was just ok. You would expect a lot better based on the name of the restaurant. I ordered a shrimp dish with crab meat. It was good, however it was definitely not worth the price. We have had lunch here a couple times and enjoyed it more than our first dinner here.
- Jessica K.jesskamDined on 6/13/2014My family was in from out of town and wanted to try a good, seafood place. The Little Tuna delivered! It's in a perfect location with easy parking nearby. We loved that it was a BYOB! The appetizers were all amazing - extra creamy spinach and artichoke dip, great chicken pot stickers and oysters that were very good as well. Our meals were fantastic! We had two varieties of the tuna, both cooked to perfection. The mashed sweet potatoes were amazing! We didn't try dessert so we will definitely need to go back another time for that. A great place if you love seafood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A keeper!PonymobDined on 6/13/2014Food is always good here. Fish specials are excellent...had the catfish this time. Something to say about having a fish store next to the restaurant...demonstrates freshness!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good byob restaurant!rcandyDined on 6/7/2014From the appetizers to the specials to the entree... Everything was very very good! We had a party of four and took advantage of this to try multiple appetizers. The oysters of the day were blue points and they were perfect in freshness as well as prep. The bacon blue cheese steak bites were smokey tender with just the right amount of blue cheese sharpness. Scallops wrapped in bacon were a step above for an old standard and the calamari was fresh and sweet with a crunchy exterior. A bowl of lobster bisque was shared by all and it was full of lighty creamy lobster goodness! Entrees were all different fish plates perfectly cooked with fresh gorgeous fish. Of special note was the sushi grade tunas and delicate salmon. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Little TunaNraielloDined on 6/7/2014Perfectly prepared seafood served by excellent waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still good after all these yearsAndreaLeeDined on 6/6/2014Had an old fav Ceaser Salad w Pistachio encrusted Salmon. In fact 3 of us had it. The Salmon was excellent but the dressing was not as good as it had been consistantly in the past. The service was so so and it was not busy. I still would revommend it for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Tuna for lunchdrben4kidsDined on 6/4/2014We had an excellent lunch at The Little Tuna on Haddonfield's "main street". The weather was nice, so we sat outside on the sidewalk in the shade of a tree where we could watch the passersby. The service was prompt and courteous. All three of us ordered the same Mediterranean salad with blackened tuna. Both salad and tuna were delicious. I had a tasty apple cobbler served warm for desert. We had been to the restaurant several times for dinner, but not for lunch. We would definitely go back for lunch if we are in the area.Special Features:
- Another Enjoyable visitJimmyDined on 5/31/2014The Little Tuna is a great place for well prepared, fresh seafood. Every item on the menu is well prepared with an emphasis on the fish. The sauces and other supplemental ingredients do not take away from the fish itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerianslemDined on 5/24/2014It was our first time. Our server was very helpful and informative and gave us great recommendations. Best Clams Casino I ever ate. Great meal. Definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely lunch in pretty settingDonnaDined on 5/24/2014We had a family lunch at Little Tuna. I've been there several times for dinner but this was our first experience for lunch. The dishes were lovely and our waitress was very accommodating. The room is attractive and has a calming atmosphere. Very good food, very good service. The prices are reasonable for a white table cloth lunch experience.Special Features:
- Love the Little TunatropwesVIPDined on 5/23/2014I love the Little Tuna for it's small town, local fancy feel. It's by no means an upscale restaurant... but it deserves 5 stars for what it is in fact. The restaurant is a solid byob. They have a fresh raw bar and they aren't perfect "shuckers", but they do have a buck a shuck special every night of the week. Their menu is solid and you would be hard pressed to find something that wasn't delicous and cooked right to perfection. Some of their side sauces are house made and others are still special enough. They are making their cocktail sauce in house and I love that! We had a birthday party here for my father in law... and they are a bit "stuffy" at time... this was a very special, unusual and totally amazing place for kitchy dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great!WillbbackDined on 5/23/2014The food, decor and service are consistently top-notch. I met an old friend for lunch. She had never been there before and was quite impressed.Special Features:
- Always good!Flamenco710Dined on 5/19/2014I have been eating at Little Tuna for several years and it is one of our go-to places for special events (birthdays,graduations, etc) and I can simply say: it is always good. We are a seafood loving family and there are both delicious menu staples as well as enticing specials. They also have a great dinner deal before 6:30 which is perfect if you want to go for a more casual dinner, my husband and I sometimes go there for a weekday "date night". It is just a great little place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantASH1945Dined on 5/17/2014Little Tuna has been consistently good. I can ony remember one time that I was disappointed and not in the food, but the service and that waiter is no longer at Little Tuna. It is my go to restaurant for lunch, for dinner, for girl's night out, for couples nite out for any time. Little Tuna started on Haddonfield Road, moved to Kings Highway and just gets better and better. I keep forgetting that they opened a fresh fish and sides part to their restaurant, I have to try itm as I am surem if it is like the restaurant itself, it is great.Special Features:
- wonderful timetrihackDined on 5/15/2014My wife and I had a wonderful anniversary meal here. Looking forward to going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Early Mother's Day LunchJenniferDined on 5/10/2014Booked a reservation for my mom, sister and I for the Sarurday before Mother's Day. Had a wonderful time, the food and service was wonderful, as usual!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.