The Little Owl
90 Bedford Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Little Owl
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thelittleowlnyc.com/
- Phone: 2127414695
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday 12:00am - 2:30pm
Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm Saturday and Sunday (Walk in only)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Joey Campanaro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Everything and anything one can imagine.
- Private Party Facilities: We are a full service catering company. Please contact us with any inquiries.
- Private Party Contact: Maggie Hollingsworth 2127414695
A word from The Little Owl
This charming 28-seat West Village restaurant has quickly become one of the city's most sought after reservations. Joey Campanaro's simple-yet-inspired American-Mediterranean cuisine, warm hospitality, and a friendly and professional service team, helps create the quintessential New York dining experience for New Yorkers and visitors alike. Inquisitive guests can peek into the kitchen and watch Joey create his signature dishes, including Gravy Meatball Sliders, homemade Ricotta Cavatelli and of course, The Little Owl's famous Pork Chop.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Little Owl reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (145)fit for foodies (136)romantic (95)special occasion (80)great for lunch (65)great for brunch (47)hot spot (36)notable wine list (28)late-night find (17)scenic view (12)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (4)good for groups (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Wonderful food and serviceEVFoodieVIPDined on 10/16/2014I'd forgotten how lovely Little Owl during the daytime. Light streams into the space, and makes it feel larger than it really is. Every time we've been here, we've loved our food and also wanted to eat what the people next to us were having. It's that kind of place. Lunch was the sliders (off the charts), melon with prosciutto and figs, the steak tacos and a side of cauliflower and snap peas. Everything was simply delicious. Not to be missedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- (Not so) Hidden treasureMrMagisterDined on 10/14/2014Must not be missed! Allows even strangers to feel like friends, well balanced wine list & exceptional food not only served, but presented in a heart warming atmosphere. Magical place..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service and foodleneDined on 10/12/2014The staff was super pro's and friendly. Food was worth every penny! I had the scallup dish and the hallibut, amazing! will probably be back next time i visit NYCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Even though the reduced space and high demand, the restaurant and its people offers an excellent menu and an outstanding serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Fav in New YorkOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2014Little Owl was recommended to me by a friend. LOVED IT. The food was delicious. So many good things on the menu that it was hard to choose. Went for lunch and would definitely go for dinner. On a beautiful street in a charming neighborhood. Now on the top of my list of favorite spots to dine in New York. You won't regret eating here. A true gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good fit but very loudLeslieODined on 10/3/2014It's a very intimate setting so your experience will depend on whom your seated near. In our case, a very loud group. Hard to communicate with dining partner. Food was good, but if you're a vegan (like me), menu is small and choices extremely limited. The staff were super friendly and accommodating!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodSusieqVIPDined on 9/30/2014I have been to little owl several times and it is consistently great. The food is absolutely delicious and innovative and the staff could not be nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to believe it's Manhattan!PeterDined on 9/26/2014This quaint neighborhood restaurant has great food and knows how to treat its guests. On a quiet tree lined street with big windows, it's great for people watching. Try the meatball sliders appetizer. A 10 minute walk from City Winery if you have tix to a show!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findLD2014Dined on 9/25/2014To be honest we only booked here because of it's link to 'Friends'. Once inside this became totally irrelevant, the resturant is delightful, the food amazing and the service was excelent! It is small, but the bookings were very well staggered, so we never felt overcrowded or rushed.Special Features:
- KandjDined on 9/20/2014It was very good food, very professional service, and a neighbourhood gem feel to it, but I felt a bit overpriced. Outside is a major tourist trap with people taking photos of the building all evening long, since it was used as the outside shot of the 'friends' apt building.Special Features:
- Best Meal in YearsStanDined on 9/19/2014I wish I could give this more than 5 stars - that's how good it was. Food was interesting, fresh, amazing - every last detail. Service wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unforgettable experienceAGoodForkDined on 9/17/2014I went to Little Owl for lunch with my husband and our parents after our City Hall wedding. The staff could not have been more accommodating and they went out of their way to make it a special experience for us. From drinks to food to being attentive to our every need, the Little Owl over-delivered. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Excellent food and ambienceBritdinerDined on 9/14/2014Based on the ground floor of the building that featured as the apartment block in Friends, this lovely local restaurant is a gem in the heart of the West Village. The service was excellent, and the food was lovely too - if perhaps a little over-hyped. I was a bit disappointed that the wine and cocktails are served in water tumblers but it was fitting with the ambience of the place. I'd definitely recommend it to friends, but might not go back myself now we've been once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hidden away eaterykeenrev1Dined on 9/13/2014Great grenwich village hidden gem. I say hidden but judging by how packed it was i guess it has gained a strong following in the neighborhood. Releatively small number of seats/tables available so booking is a necessity. I had the sliders (as good as they have been hyped) and a pork chop which was thick, juicy and really tasty. Can't recall what i had for dessert but was equally tasty and well presented. Tables are a little close together so that could be an issue for romantic dates but its perfect for small groups and casual dining. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Delicious foodBellanidDined on 9/12/2014We had a wonderful experience the service was great and the food was excelent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good..over hypedAngieDined on 9/11/2014the food was ok.. wasn't amazing, but tasty. the staff is friendly, the wine list needs to be expanded. i ventured here because it was mentioned in one of the shows i watch. the neighborhood is amazing.. quaint. the food description was mouth-watering, the taste just didn't follow.. maybe i was expecting too much as it was mentioned in the show.Special Features:
- Good food but perhaps a bit pricyErikDined on 9/10/2014We had a quick dinner with only the main course since we had to leave early. The food was very good but not exceptional. The prices were a bit higher so we had expected a bit more perhaps.Special Features:
- Kmo1854Dined on 9/9/2014This was my second visit to The Little Owl and it was as fabulous as the first time! The food is innovative and cooked perfectly. The staff is extremely friendly and was very understanding when our play ran late and we were 20 minutes late for our reservation. Love this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING little findMickeyDined on 9/9/2014Definitely plan to go back to The Little Owl when in Manhattan. It is a wonderful gem of a place - the service was wonderful as was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyBellaDined on 9/8/2014Second visit to the Little Owl. It is lovely. Yummy food, great wine, teeny beautiful venue, very friendly and helpful staff. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Always a winner....NYCMDEATSDined on 9/7/2014My husband had brunch at The Little Owl for the second time and it was just as delicous as the first time. The food is simply amazing. This is definately a neighborhood gem and we would like to keep it that way! Treat yourself and go eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently DeliciousSantaBarbaraGirlVIPDined on 9/6/2014For years I have made it a tradition to visit Little Owl whenever I'm in Manhattan and always tell friends to eat there. Everyone always has rave reviews afterward... not a bad thing on the menu! We usually order a few different plates and share. Most recently we had the meatball sliders, chicken legs and pork bun with a side of beignets, all fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Food was briliant, service absolutely pure, wine glas for 18$ was 100 ml wine in a water glas, rude waitressSpecial Features:
- NY favOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/4/2014Amazing staff, delicious food, and just a consistently great experience. Always our first stop for dinner when we visit NY. Looking forward to the next time we're in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible RestaurantfoodieforlifeDined on 9/3/2014This was simply the best meal we had in NYC on our recent trip. The food was delicious and creative. The service was impeccable. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- CommonplacemarceloalemiDined on 9/2/2014I went to the Little Owl because I heard it was a romantic place for two. I found a very common and small place. The food was ok. The waitress was very friendly and helpful to explain the dishes.Special Features:
- West Village GemMitchDined on 9/1/2014My favorite small intimate restaurant in NYC. Terrific in all ways and very accommodating and flexible with the menu. But make reservations early (30days ahead)-only 10 tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite places in NYalliyooDined on 8/30/2014Whenever I visit New York, I make it a must on my itinerary to eat at the Little Owl and recommend it to all my friends.Special Features:
- Pamper your taste budsNYCJuliaDined on 8/29/2014Sliders awesome. Soft shell crab with linguine a treasure. Friends had sea bass and salmon dishes..."best fish preparation." Apple strudel with gelato-yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This visit was a bit of a missOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/27/2014We normally love the Little Owl and cycled there on a warm summer day afternoon anticipating a great lunch. We were surprised to note that the lunch time chicken offering had now morphed into cruchy fried chicken legs. Being used to a great experience we decided to go with the flow and split a plate of the delicous corn side along with individual orders of the chicken legs. Well I must say that we were somewhat unpleasantly surprised at the outcome. The skin beneath the batter was a tad undercooked and most surpising was the lack of flavor intensity given the darker meat of the chicken leg. They should return to the chicken breast with the sherry vinergar as the acidity and flavoring is a tastier counterpoint to the carmelized grilled corn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not disappointKumailVIPDined on 8/26/2014We had been wanting to try The Little Owl for some time now but is always tough to get a reservation. The food was solid, the ambiance warm and neighborhood-esque and the service excellent. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adored This PlaceGoodDined on 8/24/2014Service was great, food was great, and the place itself is just very well done for a small atmosphere where you feel important and cared about. I adored the experience.Special Features:
- Small intimate and deliciousGraceBKVIPDined on 8/24/2014We loved everything about our dinner at the Owl. This is just the type of restaurAnt that I love. Fresh, seaonal,creative but not pretentious. Some chefs take creativity too far and you can't recognize what you are eating. My favorite was the Mexican corn- served family style perfectly done and clearly fresh as can be. And the lamb chops were perfect. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nativeitalianDined on 8/23/2014Delightful place, tables very close but wasn't a problem with conversation. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- a good place to dateEvelyn0410Dined on 8/23/2014A lot of friends have recommended this restaurant to me. Not only because it is the house in "Friends", but it is also mentioned in "Suits". Went there to have brunch with my friend; definitely a good and romantic place to date! The foods are delicate and tasty, even though I am actually not a big fan of American food, but it's a really amazing experience!I really like this place. Btw, it's not that easy to book a table, so make an reservation in advance:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply supreme!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014What a charming, delightful cosy restaurant. Very friendly and accommodating staff and wonderful, wonderful food. I couldn't recommend the Little Owl enough and will definitely visit again when I'm next in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jennifer from BostonFoodiefromBostonDined on 8/16/2014Friends from Boston recommended this place and it more then lived up to their recommendation! Fab restaurant and charming neighbor made it a five start on our list. We go again on our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeKittie1catVIPDined on 8/15/2014This is such a great place. It's tiny and intimate, and perfect for a couple or small group. We had the pork chop, and it was wonderful. Really love this place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Nice place, excellent food, a little pricy but located in a great neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An nyc gemEclass3180VIPDined on 8/14/2014I'm always so pleased with the little owl. One of the few restaurants which are committed to excellenceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.