The Little Owl
90 Bedford Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Little Owl
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thelittleowlnyc.com/
- Phone: 2127414695
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday 12:00am - 2:30pm
Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm Saturday and Sunday (Walk in only)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Joey Campanaro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Everything and anything one can imagine.
- Private Party Facilities: We are a full service catering company. Please contact us with any inquiries.
- Private Party Contact: Maggie Hollingsworth 2127414695
A word from The Little Owl
This charming 28-seat West Village restaurant has quickly become one of the city's most sought after reservations. Joey Campanaro's simple-yet-inspired American-Mediterranean cuisine, warm hospitality, and a friendly and professional service team, helps create the quintessential New York dining experience for New Yorkers and visitors alike. Inquisitive guests can peek into the kitchen and watch Joey create his signature dishes, including Gravy Meatball Sliders, homemade Ricotta Cavatelli and of course, The Little Owl's famous Pork Chop.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Little Owl reviews from OpenTable diners
221 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (158)fit for foodies (141)romantic (97)special occasion (83)great for lunch (69)great for brunch (54)hot spot (39)notable wine list (24)late-night find (14)scenic view (12)kid-friendly (8)good for groups (7)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- This visit was a bit of a missOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/27/2014We normally love the Little Owl and cycled there on a warm summer day afternoon anticipating a great lunch. We were surprised to note that the lunch time chicken offering had now morphed into cruchy fried chicken legs. Being used to a great experience we decided to go with the flow and split a plate of the delicous corn side along with individual orders of the chicken legs. Well I must say that we were somewhat unpleasantly surprised at the outcome. The skin beneath the batter was a tad undercooked and most surpising was the lack of flavor intensity given the darker meat of the chicken leg. They should return to the chicken breast with the sherry vinergar as the acidity and flavoring is a tastier counterpoint to the carmelized grilled corn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not disappointKumailVIPDined on 8/26/2014We had been wanting to try The Little Owl for some time now but is always tough to get a reservation. The food was solid, the ambiance warm and neighborhood-esque and the service excellent. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adored This PlaceGoodDined on 8/24/2014Service was great, food was great, and the place itself is just very well done for a small atmosphere where you feel important and cared about. I adored the experience.Special Features:
- Small intimate and deliciousGraceBKVIPDined on 8/24/2014We loved everything about our dinner at the Owl. This is just the type of restaurAnt that I love. Fresh, seaonal,creative but not pretentious. Some chefs take creativity too far and you can't recognize what you are eating. My favorite was the Mexican corn- served family style perfectly done and clearly fresh as can be. And the lamb chops were perfect. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nativeitalianDined on 8/23/2014Delightful place, tables very close but wasn't a problem with conversation. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Simply supreme!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014What a charming, delightful cosy restaurant. Very friendly and accommodating staff and wonderful, wonderful food. I couldn't recommend the Little Owl enough and will definitely visit again when I'm next in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jennifer from BostonFoodiefromBostonDined on 8/16/2014Friends from Boston recommended this place and it more then lived up to their recommendation! Fab restaurant and charming neighbor made it a five start on our list. We go again on our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014This is such a great place. It's tiny and intimate, and perfect for a couple or small group. We had the pork chop, and it was wonderful. Really love this place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Nice place, excellent food, a little pricy but located in a great neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An nyc gemEclass3180VIPDined on 8/14/2014I'm always so pleased with the little owl. One of the few restaurants which are committed to excellenceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectAJUSTINDined on 8/13/2014We enjoyed the food and ambiance. The service was perfect and prompt. Our dinner was delicious and as others have said the gravy sliders are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- little owl never disappointsjisgro212Dined on 8/10/2014Each time I go to the Little Owl the food is amazing, service outstanding and atmosphere fun and vibrant. Joe Campanero never disappoints me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Owl is a gem w/ amazing foodRobbVIPDined on 8/8/2014Every dish is thought out brimming with flavor from everything on the plate and it all goes together. The quality not only is evident in the proteins like meat or fish - but every vegetable is at its peak of flavor and tastes like it just came from the market. The service from the host to all staff make us feel like we are visiting friends that are making a really good dinner. And the wine list is varied, but priced so reasonably - they don't give up on quality. I absolutley look forward to having any meal at The Little Owl - it is always amazing and anyone I bring from out of town wishes they could transport this restaurant to their hometown.Special Features:
- There's better choices in NYCLummerDined on 8/6/2014A quaint restaurant that has a small seating capacity and a somewhat small menu. Four of us were visiting from out of town and went for lunch on the recommendation of a friend. And we like to enjoy food experiences while on vacation. We made a reservation a week in advance. We shared three appetizers - meatball sliders, corn chowder and gravlox. Sliders were very good and the other two were ok. We shared three entrees - eggplant parm, steak tacos and chicken. I wasn't a huge fan of any of the three. I wouldn't rush back. The service however, was very good.Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday lunch!FoodloverSFVIPDined on 8/5/2014I chose the Little Owl for my husband's birthday lunch as it is noted for it's cheeseburger. He was not disappointed! Throughout our two week trip to New York and London, this was his favorite by far! Of the many restaurants we we went to this tiny spot in the West Village had the edge for all around food, service and ambiance. The staff is young but well trained in hospitality and could have not been more welcoming or accommodating. The Cheeseburger was everything my husband dreamed of as a cheeseburger aficionado! We each ordered a salad that we wanted to share and they gave us a beautiful rectangular plate with each salad beautifully presented. The experience was memorable, in a wonderful way, from beginning t end!Special Features:
- Excellent brunchKate300Dined on 8/3/2014We went for a delicious brunch on our wedding anniversary, it was a great way to begin our stay in New York. Both the pancakes and eggs were delicious. The Little Owl is full of character and in a lovely location too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSymposiumDined on 8/2/2014This was our first visit to Little Owl. Asked for a nice table near the window through Open Table, and after some mumbling of the Maître Dit, ended up overlooking the kitchen and the walls. It is a truly lovely restaurant in terms of atmosphere, size, decoration, but the service and the food itself leave much to be desired. The portions are small, food is not hot when served, and the prizes are steep. The staff is barely making eye contact with you and is trying to get you out of the door as soon as possible. Just have a drink here and go and have your dinner elsewhere...Special Features:
- Romantic Restaurant, Great Food!MartinDined on 8/2/2014The Little Owl is my favorite restaurant in NY. The food is always outstanding, as well as the service and ambience. I love the wine bottles on the wall, the background music, and how cozy the restaurant feels. The chef does an outstanding job, especially in such a small kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingDelishDined on 7/25/2014We had a late lunch at the Little Owl and it was the best meal of my life. The food was delicious, wine was wonderful and the service was excellent. This is a place you must experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cute villagerlarryDined on 7/23/2014This is a cute restaurant and we enjoyed the food and service. Unfortunately we were hoping for something a little more romantic and maybe we were unlucky (or a little too old) but the restaurant was too noisy for us. We had trouble hearing each other as noise bounced of the metal ceiling.I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovelyloveshirlsDined on 7/18/2014cute little restaurant. friendly staff. food was delicious. i got their special that day - duck salad with blueberries and almonds. it was delicious! all my friends thoroughly enjoyed their meals too. and there were definitely groups of people outside the restaurant snapping photos since the exterior was used in the opening credits of Friends!Special Features:
- I 💛 Little OwlKristineDined on 7/17/2014Decided to go with a few appetizers and dessert this time...cavatelli with kale pesto was amazing, heirloom tomato salad fantastic, sliders...well can't skip the sliders. Chocolate soufflé super? Lol I'm out of positive adjectives for this place and everything I've eaten here. Lunch, dinner, drinks all better than good. I like the tunes, like the size, like the people. I pretty positive it's my favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT MEATBALLSLynnieOOODined on 7/17/2014The meatballs and the burger were amazing. Everyone at our table loved our food. Definitely a tiny restaurant, better for smaller groups.Special Features:
- wineNdineDined on 7/14/2014Awesome restaurant! Great food and service. We had the beet salad, melon salad and chicken. The food was presented so nicely. Loved the neighborhood of this restaurant. This was the first restaurant we tried in NYC and it was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing as alwaysfoodluvDined on 7/14/2014The Little Owl gets better and better. Never dissapoints!!! The meatball sliders are a must everything on the menu is amazing. The service is friendly and flawlessSpecial Features:
- Sisters from South CarolinaSteelMagnoliaDined on 7/11/2014The Little Owl was a great place to enjoy great food, a leisurely meal, and great service. It was a more intimate look at NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the WaitOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/11/2014I tough rez, but worth the wait....soft shell crab and red snapper were among the best I've ever had....I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood jewel box of yumAngelaheg1Dined on 7/11/2014The food is so fresh and current! I keep returning every time I'm in the city. Make a reservation and enjoy this little incredible slice of the city-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The very best there is!WestVillageBarbaraDined on 7/10/2014This West Village gem of a restaurant never ceases to amaze even a jaded foodie like myself. Whether it's the always reliable and delicious sliders or an exceptional daily presentation of soft shell crab over shiitake mushroom risotto (decadent), Joey Campanaro's gem of a restaurant never disappoints and represents the finest New York has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem of a placedisappointingVIPDined on 7/9/2014What a wonderful little restaurant hidden in the west village. This beats any of the new buzzy restaurants. Simple delicious perfectly prepared food. Market fresh and every morsel delicious. I had the most perfect piece of halibut ever and that is all I want to eat. Charming sophisticated demeanor and service. And the most delicious fruit crisp for dessert and excellent wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Owl, little GemLuvfoodDined on 7/9/2014We have been here many times.difficult to get a table but try every visit to NYC. The food is Always very good,friendly staff nice decor and lovely big corner window so very bright. It's also in a great area for walking about soaking up some of atmosphere in the villageSpecial Features:
- Koselig restaurantEllenDined on 7/7/2014Vi hadde lunsj i "Friendshuset". Restauranten var utrolig liten og intim. Veldig koselig. Kjempehyggelig personale som tok godt imot oss. Vi spiste hamburger, som er den retten de er mest kjent for. Den var veldig god.Special Features:
- fastdVIPDined on 7/6/2014It's the first time I was disappointed... Burger not as good as usual... I'm so sad about that... Will try againSpecial Features:
- Terrific brunch with great staffGWeaselVIPDined on 7/6/2014The brunch here is delicious. Many things to choose from. The waiter could not have been more helpful or friendly. Next time, I will try dinner here. They said the dinner is amazing too.Special Features:
- Blown Away by ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2014My husband and I love The Little Owl and their sister restaurant, Market Table, and typically dine at one of them every time we visit New York. We were in town for July 4th weekend and planned on having dinner at TLO with my cousin. Unfortunately, my husband and I had to change our plans but my cousin was still interested in going so she went by herself. She was treated like gold. She offered to take a smaller table for dinner and have her dessert at the bar and each time the staff told her absolutely not, that she had a reservation and it was her table to enjoy. While not surprised by this level of service, I was very happy to hear that the restaurant made my cousin feel so welcome. Truly a class act.Special Features:
- Capiz04Dined on 7/5/2014The droves of tourists/people taking pictures of the building across the street were distracting, but nothing the restaurant can avoid. It's unfortunate b/c it's such a pretty street/view. After requesting a seat by the window & being graciously accommodated I've decided on my next visit I will request a seat in the rear of the restaurant which is equally adorable. It was lovely that the hostess recalled it was my birthday from when the reservation was made and she had a candle placed in my dessert order. The space is extraordinarily tiny and we had to manuever our food and place settings just right to fit everything on the table, as well as move our chairs often to allow ppl to leave the bar/let the waitress by. Will def be returning!Special Features:
- Best owl in the worldTiinavivaDined on 7/3/2014Every time I'm in NY I try to book the Little Owl - never disappointing. Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meatballs, Port Chops, and oh my!RYRYDined on 7/3/2014Greenwich a maze of countless named streets, where one can get lost and stumble to a real gem. I've been wanting to try this place for the longest time, but the advanced reservations was always a pain to overcome. Then one day, I was able to grab a date and time that worked for me. Finding this place was a real journey, for the logistics inadequate traveler. Luckily I finally laid eyes on the quaint red exterior of the restaurant. We had the following. Gravy Meatball Sliders, epitome of comfort food. They come with 3, but you can ask for an extra one - 9.0 Porkchop & Butter Beans, favorable, was expecting it to be more juicy, perhaps my expectations were too high? 8.5 Broiled Halibut, creamy and delectable - 10.0 Definitely coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SharDined on 7/3/2014Wonderful food and great service. Love this place and we will be returning ASAP. Favorite place we have found in the city!Special Features:
- Fun neighborhood placeBarryDined on 7/2/2014Despite it's tiny interior, The Little Owl featured fantastic food, a cozy feel, and a thoroughly funky atmosphere. So glad we were able to get a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.