The Little Owl
90 Bedford Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Little Owl
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thelittleowlnyc.com/
- Phone: 2127414695
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday 12:00am - 2:30pm
Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm Saturday and Sunday (Walk in only)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Joey Campanaro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Everything and anything one can imagine.
- Private Party Facilities: We are a full service catering company. Please contact us with any inquiries.
- Private Party Contact: Maggie Hollingsworth 2127414695
A word from The Little Owl
This charming 28-seat West Village restaurant has quickly become one of the city's most sought after reservations. Joey Campanaro's simple-yet-inspired American-Mediterranean cuisine, warm hospitality, and a friendly and professional service team, helps create the quintessential New York dining experience for New Yorkers and visitors alike. Inquisitive guests can peek into the kitchen and watch Joey create his signature dishes, including Gravy Meatball Sliders, homemade Ricotta Cavatelli and of course, The Little Owl's famous Pork Chop.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Little Owl reviews from OpenTable diners
206 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (152)fit for foodies (139)romantic (93)special occasion (81)great for lunch (64)great for brunch (49)hot spot (36)notable wine list (26)late-night find (15)scenic view (11)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (5)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Always goodSusieqVIPDined on 9/30/2014I have been to little owl several times and it is consistently great. The food is absolutely delicious and innovative and the staff could not be nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to believe it's Manhattan!PeterDined on 9/26/2014This quaint neighborhood restaurant has great food and knows how to treat its guests. On a quiet tree lined street with big windows, it's great for people watching. Try the meatball sliders appetizer. A 10 minute walk from City Winery if you have tix to a show!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014To be honest we only booked here because of it's link to 'Friends'. Once inside this became totally irrelevant, the resturant is delightful, the food amazing and the service was excelent! It is small, but the bookings were very well staggered, so we never felt overcrowded or rushed.Special Features:
- KandjDined on 9/20/2014It was very good food, very professional service, and a neighbourhood gem feel to it, but I felt a bit overpriced. Outside is a major tourist trap with people taking photos of the building all evening long, since it was used as the outside shot of the 'friends' apt building.Special Features:
- Best Meal in YearsStanDined on 9/19/2014I wish I could give this more than 5 stars - that's how good it was. Food was interesting, fresh, amazing - every last detail. Service wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unforgettable experienceAGoodForkDined on 9/17/2014I went to Little Owl for lunch with my husband and our parents after our City Hall wedding. The staff could not have been more accommodating and they went out of their way to make it a special experience for us. From drinks to food to being attentive to our every need, the Little Owl over-delivered. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Excellent food and ambienceBritdinerDined on 9/14/2014Based on the ground floor of the building that featured as the apartment block in Friends, this lovely local restaurant is a gem in the heart of the West Village. The service was excellent, and the food was lovely too - if perhaps a little over-hyped. I was a bit disappointed that the wine and cocktails are served in water tumblers but it was fitting with the ambience of the place. I'd definitely recommend it to friends, but might not go back myself now we've been once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hidden away eaterykeenrev1Dined on 9/13/2014Great grenwich village hidden gem. I say hidden but judging by how packed it was i guess it has gained a strong following in the neighborhood. Releatively small number of seats/tables available so booking is a necessity. I had the sliders (as good as they have been hyped) and a pork chop which was thick, juicy and really tasty. Can't recall what i had for dessert but was equally tasty and well presented. Tables are a little close together so that could be an issue for romantic dates but its perfect for small groups and casual dining. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Delicious foodBellanidDined on 9/12/2014We had a wonderful experience the service was great and the food was excelent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good..over hypedAngieDined on 9/11/2014the food was ok.. wasn't amazing, but tasty. the staff is friendly, the wine list needs to be expanded. i ventured here because it was mentioned in one of the shows i watch. the neighborhood is amazing.. quaint. the food description was mouth-watering, the taste just didn't follow.. maybe i was expecting too much as it was mentioned in the show.Special Features:
- Good food but perhaps a bit pricyErikDined on 9/10/2014We had a quick dinner with only the main course since we had to leave early. The food was very good but not exceptional. The prices were a bit higher so we had expected a bit more perhaps.Special Features:
- Kmo1854Dined on 9/9/2014This was my second visit to The Little Owl and it was as fabulous as the first time! The food is innovative and cooked perfectly. The staff is extremely friendly and was very understanding when our play ran late and we were 20 minutes late for our reservation. Love this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING little findMickeyDined on 9/9/2014Definitely plan to go back to The Little Owl when in Manhattan. It is a wonderful gem of a place - the service was wonderful as was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyBellaDined on 9/8/2014Second visit to the Little Owl. It is lovely. Yummy food, great wine, teeny beautiful venue, very friendly and helpful staff. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Always a winner....NYCMDEATSDined on 9/7/2014My husband had brunch at The Little Owl for the second time and it was just as delicous as the first time. The food is simply amazing. This is definately a neighborhood gem and we would like to keep it that way! Treat yourself and go eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently DeliciousSantaBarbaraGirlVIPDined on 9/6/2014For years I have made it a tradition to visit Little Owl whenever I'm in Manhattan and always tell friends to eat there. Everyone always has rave reviews afterward... not a bad thing on the menu! We usually order a few different plates and share. Most recently we had the meatball sliders, chicken legs and pork bun with a side of beignets, all fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Food was briliant, service absolutely pure, wine glas for 18$ was 100 ml wine in a water glas, rude waitressSpecial Features:
- NY favOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/4/2014Amazing staff, delicious food, and just a consistently great experience. Always our first stop for dinner when we visit NY. Looking forward to the next time we're in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible RestaurantfoodieforlifeDined on 9/3/2014This was simply the best meal we had in NYC on our recent trip. The food was delicious and creative. The service was impeccable. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- CommonplacemarceloalemiDined on 9/2/2014I went to the Little Owl because I heard it was a romantic place for two. I found a very common and small place. The food was ok. The waitress was very friendly and helpful to explain the dishes.Special Features:
- West Village GemMitchDined on 9/1/2014My favorite small intimate restaurant in NYC. Terrific in all ways and very accommodating and flexible with the menu. But make reservations early (30days ahead)-only 10 tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite places in NYalliyooDined on 8/30/2014Whenever I visit New York, I make it a must on my itinerary to eat at the Little Owl and recommend it to all my friends.Special Features:
- Pamper your taste budsNYCJuliaDined on 8/29/2014Sliders awesome. Soft shell crab with linguine a treasure. Friends had sea bass and salmon dishes..."best fish preparation." Apple strudel with gelato-yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This visit was a bit of a missOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/27/2014We normally love the Little Owl and cycled there on a warm summer day afternoon anticipating a great lunch. We were surprised to note that the lunch time chicken offering had now morphed into cruchy fried chicken legs. Being used to a great experience we decided to go with the flow and split a plate of the delicous corn side along with individual orders of the chicken legs. Well I must say that we were somewhat unpleasantly surprised at the outcome. The skin beneath the batter was a tad undercooked and most surpising was the lack of flavor intensity given the darker meat of the chicken leg. They should return to the chicken breast with the sherry vinergar as the acidity and flavoring is a tastier counterpoint to the carmelized grilled corn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not disappointKumailVIPDined on 8/26/2014We had been wanting to try The Little Owl for some time now but is always tough to get a reservation. The food was solid, the ambiance warm and neighborhood-esque and the service excellent. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adored This PlaceGoodDined on 8/24/2014Service was great, food was great, and the place itself is just very well done for a small atmosphere where you feel important and cared about. I adored the experience.Special Features:
- Small intimate and deliciousGraceBKVIPDined on 8/24/2014We loved everything about our dinner at the Owl. This is just the type of restaurAnt that I love. Fresh, seaonal,creative but not pretentious. Some chefs take creativity too far and you can't recognize what you are eating. My favorite was the Mexican corn- served family style perfectly done and clearly fresh as can be. And the lamb chops were perfect. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nativeitalianDined on 8/23/2014Delightful place, tables very close but wasn't a problem with conversation. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- a good place to dateEvelyn0410Dined on 8/23/2014A lot of friends have recommended this restaurant to me. Not only because it is the house in "Friends", but it is also mentioned in "Suits". Went there to have brunch with my friend; definitely a good and romantic place to date! The foods are delicate and tasty, even though I am actually not a big fan of American food, but it's a really amazing experience!I really like this place. Btw, it's not that easy to book a table, so make an reservation in advance:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply supreme!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014What a charming, delightful cosy restaurant. Very friendly and accommodating staff and wonderful, wonderful food. I couldn't recommend the Little Owl enough and will definitely visit again when I'm next in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jennifer from BostonFoodiefromBostonDined on 8/16/2014Friends from Boston recommended this place and it more then lived up to their recommendation! Fab restaurant and charming neighbor made it a five start on our list. We go again on our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/15/2014This is such a great place. It's tiny and intimate, and perfect for a couple or small group. We had the pork chop, and it was wonderful. Really love this place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Nice place, excellent food, a little pricy but located in a great neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An nyc gemEclass3180VIPDined on 8/14/2014I'm always so pleased with the little owl. One of the few restaurants which are committed to excellenceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectAJUSTINDined on 8/13/2014We enjoyed the food and ambiance. The service was perfect and prompt. Our dinner was delicious and as others have said the gravy sliders are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- little owl never disappointsjisgro212Dined on 8/10/2014Each time I go to the Little Owl the food is amazing, service outstanding and atmosphere fun and vibrant. Joe Campanero never disappoints me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Owl is a gem w/ amazing foodRobbVIPDined on 8/8/2014Every dish is thought out brimming with flavor from everything on the plate and it all goes together. The quality not only is evident in the proteins like meat or fish - but every vegetable is at its peak of flavor and tastes like it just came from the market. The service from the host to all staff make us feel like we are visiting friends that are making a really good dinner. And the wine list is varied, but priced so reasonably - they don't give up on quality. I absolutley look forward to having any meal at The Little Owl - it is always amazing and anyone I bring from out of town wishes they could transport this restaurant to their hometown.Special Features:
- There's better choices in NYCLummerDined on 8/6/2014A quaint restaurant that has a small seating capacity and a somewhat small menu. Four of us were visiting from out of town and went for lunch on the recommendation of a friend. And we like to enjoy food experiences while on vacation. We made a reservation a week in advance. We shared three appetizers - meatball sliders, corn chowder and gravlox. Sliders were very good and the other two were ok. We shared three entrees - eggplant parm, steak tacos and chicken. I wasn't a huge fan of any of the three. I wouldn't rush back. The service however, was very good.Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday lunch!FoodloverSFVIPDined on 8/5/2014I chose the Little Owl for my husband's birthday lunch as it is noted for it's cheeseburger. He was not disappointed! Throughout our two week trip to New York and London, this was his favorite by far! Of the many restaurants we we went to this tiny spot in the West Village had the edge for all around food, service and ambiance. The staff is young but well trained in hospitality and could have not been more welcoming or accommodating. The Cheeseburger was everything my husband dreamed of as a cheeseburger aficionado! We each ordered a salad that we wanted to share and they gave us a beautiful rectangular plate with each salad beautifully presented. The experience was memorable, in a wonderful way, from beginning t end!Special Features:
- Excellent brunchKate300Dined on 8/3/2014We went for a delicious brunch on our wedding anniversary, it was a great way to begin our stay in New York. Both the pancakes and eggs were delicious. The Little Owl is full of character and in a lovely location too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.