The Little Door
8164 W 3rd St
Los Angeles, CA 90048Neighborhood:
Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St.
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
The Little Door
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thelittledoor.com/
- Phone: 3239511210x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday: 6:00pm - 12:00am;
Thursday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 1:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Nicolas T. Peter
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Fireplace, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-site catering available in full service including ambiance design and party planning for any number of guests up to a few thousand as well as take-out and delivery. Visit www.thelittledoor.com and click the catering link to view menu options.
- Private Party Facilities: The Blueroom with fireplace can accommodate 30 people, Piano Room 20-30, Winter Garden 26-34, and the Patio 58-70 guests for a sit-down dinner. For Cocktail receptions we can accommodate up to 200 guests.
- Entertainment: Eclectic Ambiance Music
- Special Events: Lovely daytime bookings available for weddings, showers and for other celebrations.
A word from The Little Door
Two simple wooden doors open up to quite a buzz in an otherwise romantic courtyard, where a colorful crowd hangs at the bar and lingers at coveted patio tables. Inside, seats spread throughout the candlelit house-turned-restaurant with intimate furniture. Organic seasonal ingredients, creatively prepared and impeccably presented, characterize our unique menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Little Door - Best Restaurants in Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St. ›
The Little Door reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
romantic (102)special occasion (83)great for outdoor dining (63)fit for foodies (53)neighborhood gem (43)notable wine list (38)hot spot (27)good for groups (26)late-night find (15)great for brunch (9)scenic view (9)vibrant bar scene (9)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014The food is fantastic. Every dish was very well done. Duck liver mousse is wonderful. All courses were delicious. Our party had filet of beef and roasted chicken. They offer a prix fixe option that is NOT required that the whole table participate, some restaurants require that everybody at the table participate in that option, but they do not which is nice. Highly recommend getting duck liver mousse appetizer and the chocolate pot de creme dessert. Mostly outdoor seating, yes it's LA, yes it's usually nice, but should have more legit indoor seating. Requested indoor seating and got sat indoors but RIGHT by an open door. We were moved. Also, one person bathrooms for a place of this size and reputation? Lame, add more bathrooms.Special Features:
- Always nicebrewedbehaviorDined on 9/10/2014Food & Service on point, ambiance is bonus. Never fails, really solid choice for west side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful in every wayeyeluvfoodDined on 9/9/2014This restaurant is a true gem. The gorgeous ambience, spectacular servers, and creative French Moroccan cuisine leave nothing to be desired. It is the best restaurant experience in Los Angeles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cant go wrong with Little DoorChillymonkeyDined on 9/8/2014Little Door is all about the ambiance. It's gorgeous, romantic, a great place for a date. The food is excellent... Okay, maybe not the best I've ever had, but for the price point it's really one of the best options around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still greateastern00VIPDined on 9/7/2014This is one spot I make sure to return to when visiting LA. Lovely and charming decor, and very helpful and attentive wait staff. Food is really quite good and makes for a great evening out.Special Features:
- Great place!!FooooooodieDined on 9/7/2014Came here for my partners 40th. Love the atmosphere! Staff is friendly and very professional. Food is delicious, I don't know how they get the chicken (of all things)to taste so good! The rack of lamb was lovely. Desserts were excellent. My dirty martini was perfect. I have tried the duck here before, I have had better but other than that this place is spot on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous find in LANomossundermyfeetDined on 9/6/2014My friends and I went here for my birthday 3 days ago. We had to wait about 20 min for our table, which was a little strange since there were many open tables. The process for deciding who was going to be seated at what table and when seemed very French, and if u have been to France you know what I mean. BUT we were eventually seated and then the evening commenced perfectly. Our server, Jason, was wonderful. The food and ambiance were amazing. We were never rushed. The Prix Fixe menu was a nice surprise; was a great deal. The vegetable couscous was perfectly made and very authentic. My friends loved the octopus and halibut. I am giing again the next time I am in LA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was awesomeTacofiesta1Dined on 9/5/2014Just food took a lil longer than expected but the food and service was excellent will be coming back thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveWolfgangDined on 9/4/2014Great ambience and lighting with outdoor feel. Food was disappointingSpecial Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2014Was looking for a unique rememberable setting for a special occasion. It surpassed all of expectationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy and priceyVeritouDined on 8/30/2014The food was good and the waiter was excellent! My only concern was that the tables were too close. We felt like sardines and could hear our neighbors conversation. This place is also not cheap. Get ready to spend some $$$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would have given it a 5 star...CoriLove29Dined on 8/29/2014Except for the hostess and host were not very friendly or welcomingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticEzwriterDined on 8/23/2014I needed to take my girlfriend to an intimate place for her birthday. Little Door is THAT place. From the moment you pass through the two heavy wooden doors, you are swept away into a French Moroccan atmosphere that truly pays off when you get to the entree. Also, be sure to order a Moscow Mule. Best one I have ever had.Special Features:
- AWESOME!!TerrierDined on 8/20/2014One of the best meals I had in a long time!! We shared an appetizer which was a combination of middle eastern dishes (spanakopita, babaganoush, falafel,,etc). My main dish was the Atlantic black cod and my friend had the risotto: both excellent. For dessert we shared a coconut tart which was delicious. The waiter was very attentive and courteous. I love the terrace: you can imagine you're on vacation somewhere, far from a big city.Special Features:
- nikkiDined on 8/12/2014We went to celebrate our friend's BD!! I love this place!! The service, food, and everything about it was fantastic!! I cant wait to go back there and I would recommend it to all!!!.Special Features:
- EXCEEDED MY EXCEPTIONS!!!FromagerVIPDined on 8/12/2014I knew from it's reputation that I was in for what is arguably the most romantic restaurant in LA. It was my first anniversary of falling in love with my fiancee, and I needed a special dinner. It was perfect in every way. Once we walked through the little door, I felt like we had walked into another world. The decor shimmered, our table was lovely, the smells were lovely. I'm a chef, fromager and sommelier; hence I can be a tough customer. The fact is, that the food was wonderful! The wine choices by the server, perfectly paired with the food! We shared gorgonzola stuffed figs wrapped in prosciutto, she had the day boat scallops and I had the monkfish over papardelli. YUM! Everything from beginning to end was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inspired to Write a ReviewGiovanniVIPDined on 8/9/2014I don't often write reviews unless my experience was really bad. But in this case, my experience was AMAZING! I stumbled across this little gem through Yelp as my group was planning on hitting some of the clubs in LA. My date and I wanted to eat before going out, but wanted something that was somewhat trendy but classy. The Little Door hit the ball out of the park!!!! From the moment we entered to the time we left, we felt as though we were in a different part of the world. The food and service was outstanding - I will make the trip from San Diego to go back any day.Special Features:
- excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Worth every penny paid. very good food, very good service. special ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my 2 centsCasualReviewDined on 8/8/2014This restaurant is in a very busy place, so don't expect you can easily find a parking. They do provide valet parking ($8) but I loss a rim because of the careless valet service, so I suggest you FIND a parking yourself no matter what, unless money is not an object to you. The restaurant is nice, half of the building has no roof but with trees/plants are everywhere including the top and half of it just like a regular restaurant. Our server was very nice, smiling on his face all the time. My wife and I ordered the three-courses dinner. They were in good size and they were delicious. However $55 for a three course meal per person, I would say you can find a better place if you only care about food quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience good food service okJoshtDined on 8/7/2014Little door was awesome, great food great ambience and our waitress was very attentive and on point. When we were greeted however it took them at least 10mins for them to aknowledge us. Then the hostess was waving some type of burning incense in our face that made my wife nauseated. The food and wait staff made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Más fama que otra cosaMinimacDined on 8/5/2014La cocina mediterránea que hace, no es tal, la comida era muy normalita, nada alucinante, y en nuestra opinión tanto la carne que pedimos como el rissotto estaban pasadísimos. Para ser un restaurante francés, la cocina debería ser mucho más fina, los ingredientes más cuidados y el sabor diferente. A nosotros NO nos gustó nada, la comida. El sitio es muy chulo, muy bien decorado y el servicio es de diez, muy atentos y serviciales. Hablan diferentes idiomas y están muy atentos a que no te falte de nada. Por lo tanto, comida mal muy mal, decoración y servicio muy bien. ¿Merece la pena ir? NoSpecial Features:
- great food: poor serviceBlackjackVIPDined on 8/3/2014I love the ambiance and food at The Little Door. It is now my "go to" restaurant for special occasions. This time we invited 2 other couples to help us celebrate our wedding anniversary. As usual, the food was wonderful, however, the waitress was extremely bland (bored?) and inattentive. We wound up pouring our own wine, and having to flag someone down for bread, water, etc. Perhaps because we brought our own wine and the overall tip would not be quite so high our waitress was not interested in serving our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!kleyohDined on 7/31/2014One of a kind. Romantic. Perfect for dinner. I will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/30/2014Always an amazing atmosphere in the patio, very romantic and candles lit, on top of an excellent menu....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful patio dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/27/2014Made reservations, pleasantly surprised by food quality, and very nice wait staff! Food was flavirful, I did their dine LA prix fixe a good deal and very tasty also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Poor service.HungryHippoDined on 7/25/2014The hostess asked us to sit at the bar then she forgot about us. She had to be reminded every 15 minutes that we were waiting for a table. Forty minutes went by until we were seated (and that is with a reservation). The waiter was slightly better. Though we had to remind him to bring our desserts after 15 minutes of waiting after our table was cleared. The food was great. We ordered off of the dineLA menu. The appetizers and entrees were spot on flavourful. The drinks were nice and strong as well. Another saving grace was that they remembered that it was my girlfriend's birthday and left her a Happy Birthday chocolate on her dessert. Overall, I am disappointed in how we were treated at this restaurant and we will never return.Special Features:
- A GEM!!TerrierDined on 7/23/2014As usual, the food and the service were outstanding. It was the "Dine LA Week" and there was a "prix fixe" menu. Great choices for everyone's taste. We also ordered a couple of extra items from the main menu. A fine restaurant to go back to over and over again!!Special Features:
- A true LA gemLAguyVisitingVIPDined on 7/21/2014From start to finish, a great Dine LA meal. Dessert was a standout, though I'd hate to take away from everything else. Service was impeccable & we fell just a little bit in love with our attentive and friendly waiter. Even the cocktails were perfectly mixed. How is it I have lived in LA for so long and only now checked out this restaurant? I will be back, no doubt. Again and again.Special Features:
- They need some charm lessonsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014We arrived 5 minutes late for our reservation. The host told us to wait a minute he was busy. Then is college told us to go to the bar because there were two tables in front of us. Either request would have been acceptable if delivered politely. Both were delivered as orders. Then we ordered out bottle of wine at the bar while we waited. I asked if we should pay there or have it transferred to our dinner bill. The bartender told me to pay him, which seemed to annoy our waiter. Waiter asked if we wanted something to drink. I told him that we had our bottle of wine..which was sitting on the table in plain sight. I asked for sparking water. 5 minutes later he returned and asked if we wanted something to drink.
- Delicious food and great ambienceenjoyfinediningDined on 7/20/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in LA. I have not been here in a while do to two small kids now but oh, how I miss this place. I decided to bring my friend for her birthday dinner and we chose Sunday night so we can try a Moroccan menu. Unfortunately this was the Sunday that LA Dine was happening and they did not offer Moroccan that night. Needless to say it was still spectacular and the white Sea Bass was delicious with a saffron espelette sauce and ratatouille. I also had heirloom tomatoes, peaches and local burrata cheese as an appetizer. Yum! I will highly recommend this restaurant if you enjoy fine dining with amazing flavors and french cousin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceShailaVIPDined on 7/18/2014Olivier served us through our entire meal. He was awesome and I completely loved his wine pairings. We had a wonderful evening thanks to his suggestions. I highly recommend The Little Door for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine LA choiceelainejVIPDined on 7/18/2014Wonderful dinner for Dine LA. great choices, interesting and beautifully presented. Patio comes alive after dark with glowing candles everywhere. Loved it, will definitely return.Special Features:
- A hidden oasis in the middle of LALuvgoodfoodDined on 7/16/2014Loved the atmosphere of this restaurant, nicely hidden from the street. On location, you hardly believe you are in the middle of the city. Our waiter was great and did an excellent job. We were a group of 5 and some dishes we took had mixed reviews while others were very good. If you go to The Little Door, make sure to reserve a table in the open patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite evening!pitdroid1138VIPDined on 7/16/2014Ambience is beautiful outdoor patio- a hidden oasis on busy 3rd street.Arrived at restaurant a few minutes early so sat at the bar and ordered a drink. Bar tender was very friendly and accommodating and provided excellent recommendations for dinner. We tried the two appetizers and entrees that he recommended. They were fabulous! It truly was the best rib eye in Los Angeles. Perfectly done and melted in my mouth. My friend had the almond crusted halibut which was very tasty. So tasty in fact that I would probably order it and I hate fish in general! For dessert we had a cheese plate and the three small scoops of ice cream along with cappuccino. The service was impeccable --attentive without being rushed or obtrusive. An exquisite evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So romanticLuv2finedinej80Dined on 7/15/2014I can't believe I haven't dined here till now. I loved everythubg about this place, the ambience-romantic, felt like I was back in Paris, the food-only complaint was my dish was a little salty, but everything else excellent. wine list, excellent except we did bring out own bottle for a small fee. Our waiter couldn't of been more attentive and helpful. Service was impeccable! If it wasn't for the salty entree' I would be said the dining experience was perfect. Definitely coming back with a group for a special occasion or date night with my Mr :) worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Transoprts you to another world!CassieDined on 7/10/2014Great food, service , and ambiance. The Little Door transports you to another world! An amazing dining experience!Special Features:
- Great Food, Service, and atmosphereHS2101Dined on 7/5/2014It is a romantic restaurant for people with special occasion; will be back!Special Features:
- Wonderful, wonderful placeWallStreetLawyerVIPDined on 6/13/2014Each room has it's own vibe. We sat in the back where it's the most romantic. The food was incredible. I honestly can find no fault or offer any suggestions. Just go and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Third Time DininghappykathyDined on 6/7/2014It was my third time dining at The Little Door. We ordered tuna tartar (this one is delish, one of my favorite dishes), but all the other dishes (filet mignon, rib eye steak, grilled sea bass) had one thing in common. SALTY. Especially sea bass was by far the worst sea bass I've ever tried. It was overcooked! We ordered chocolate pot creme and strawberry tart for dessert; strawberry tart was scrumptious. I chose The Little Door for my birthday dinner with my family because of my past experiences at The Little Door and my dad wanted to eat French. Unfortunately, I regret it. Service was very good but the quality of food was poor. The Little Door used to be one of my favorite restaurants, but now I'm considering never going back here again.Special Features:
- jspencerbDined on 5/27/2014My wife and I had dinner together on a weekday night. The restaurant has excellent French style food with a strong Morrocan influence (or perhaps it is vice versa). The style is unique, at least for us. My wife and I had two different seafood dishes. Both were flavored and cooked just right. The ingredients are all extremely fresh. The restaurant serves good wines by the glass and appears to have a very fine wine list. The service was friendly, efficient, and helpful.Special Features: