The Little Door
8164 West 3rd Street
Los Angeles, CA 90048Neighborhood:
Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St.
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
The Little Door
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thelittledoor.com/
- Phone: 3239511210
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday: 6:00pm - 12:00am;
Thursday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 1:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Nicolas T. Peter
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Fireplace, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-site catering available in full service including ambiance design and party planning for any number of guests up to a few thousand as well as take-out and delivery. Visit www.thelittledoor.com and click the catering link to view menu options.
- Private Party Facilities: The Blueroom with fireplace can accommodate 30 people, Piano Room 20-30, Winter Garden 26-34, and the Patio 58-70 guests for a sit-down dinner. For Cocktail receptions we can accommodate up to 200 guests.
- Entertainment: Eclectic Ambiance Music
- Special Events: Lovely daytime bookings available for weddings, showers and for other celebrations.
A word from The Little Door
Two simple wooden doors open up to quite a buzz in an otherwise romantic courtyard, where a colorful crowd hangs at the bar and lingers at coveted patio tables. Inside, seats spread throughout the candlelit house-turned-restaurant with intimate furniture. Organic seasonal ingredients, creatively prepared and impeccably presented, characterize our unique menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
The Little Door - Best Restaurants in Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St. ›
The Little Door reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
romantic (110)special occasion (89)great for outdoor dining (70)fit for foodies (61)neighborhood gem (51)notable wine list (44)hot spot (31)good for groups (25)late-night find (16)vibrant bar scene (13)scenic view (7)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- A GemJDANGELDined on 10/19/2014The mezza platter is incredible. If you're hungry, as well, go for the lamb; it's served over whipped potatoes and lima beans and tomatoes. The food is outstanding. All of it.Special Features:
- Did not meet our expecationsFoodsnob1950Dined on 10/17/2014The concierge at our hotel recommended the Little Door. We ate at the little sister restaurant years ago for lunch and that was good so we were anxious to try it. We made reservations weeks in advance. We loved the atmosphere but thought the food was nothing special. My husband and I split the meze platter and thought it was disappointing. The falafel tasted downright odd. I had rack of lamb which was ok but not well trimmed (fatty) and you could not taste the olive tapenade crust. Sauce was ok as was the celeriac puree. My husband had the rib eye which he said was good but again, nothing special. The man at the table next to us also ordered the rib eye and he sent his back because it was overcooked. Try somewhere else.Special Features:
- Truly specialNomossundermyfeetDined on 10/17/2014We love the place. It is absolutely charming! Just stunning to sit on patio under a roof of Bougainville and twinkling lights. The service is impeccable and the food utterly delicious. I had the seven vegetable couscous and my son had the lamb couscous and both were wonderful. Desserts were fabulous! The food is very filling so be forewarned. If getting a couscous dish you may not need a starter. Don't miss the mint tea with your dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible Customer ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014The two female hostess does not seem to understand english well. Huge miscomminucation occured with my dinner reservation; it made my whole dining experienced a nightmare. They never apologized for what happened, to top it off they are offering us to leave the restaurant and eat next door at their cafe. Horrible horrible service, food was okay, nothing special; c'mon you are not french laundry so please dont act that you guys are all that. I will NEVER come back again.Special Features:
- My wife and I loved it!g8tatmosphereDined on 10/3/2014Some of the best food I've had in a long time. The only draw back was it was a bit hard to find. All in all its a wonderful fine dining establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressiveRomanticNightOutDined on 10/2/2014Reservation was easy, host was very polite, remembered we were there to celebrate a birthday and friendly. Our waiter Oliver was absolutely amazing. Over all was a great place to spend a romantic dinner w my partner and perfect to celebrate her birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place is special the food isn'tluvgoodfoodDined on 9/29/2014The restaurant is beautiful. Very eclectic, romantic, perfect for special occasions. They have a very inventive cocktail menu. The food, French with a Moroccan bent, was pricey and just average. Entrees were $38 and up. The two of us each ordered a cocktail and an entrée. We shared 1 appetizer and 1 desert. The bill was over $200. The service was excellent and so was the Crème Brulee.Special Features:
- Great Service, flavorful foodYummyagogoDined on 9/28/2014The staff was very nice, acknowledging our first year anniversary when we arrived and setting a more romantic seating arrangement to fit the occasion. The waiter also reassured us that he read my reservation notes about our food allergies and let us know which menu items would be iffy. The ambiance was great and the food was very delicious. I had the rib eye and it was excellently seasoned (and unique as compared to steakhouses). Food was a little pricey, but for the location, ambiance, food, and service, it was a fair price. I'd definitely come back, but it would have to be for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing for our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014We loved our visit! Such a find, feeling you have stepped beyond into another alcove. And the food was fresh and inventive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, great experience!metaPDined on 9/27/2014Service from the valet all the way through to the table and back was excellent! Amazing food and drinks! Ambiance was beautiful/fun/romantic (music was a little loud though)... and most likely will be returning very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very RomanticJANDiZDined on 9/22/2014The portions were large. As hefty as the prices... But the flavors were bland. I would not recommend if you really want to enjoy good medaterrean foodSpecial Features:
- Amazing Ambience Super RomanticEricTheGreatDined on 9/18/2014Simply beautiful and great warm ambience. The food was delicious and worth the price. My only negative coment was the snotty and slightly rude waitresess and the even more rude and unkind receptionist with the blond hair. Other than that, awsome bartender who was very friendly and cool. I would definately highly recommend the restaurant for the food and ambiance .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014The food is fantastic. Every dish was very well done. Duck liver mousse is wonderful. All courses were delicious. Our party had filet of beef and roasted chicken. They offer a prix fixe option that is NOT required that the whole table participate, some restaurants require that everybody at the table participate in that option, but they do not which is nice. Highly recommend getting duck liver mousse appetizer and the chocolate pot de creme dessert. Mostly outdoor seating, yes it's LA, yes it's usually nice, but should have more legit indoor seating. Requested indoor seating and got sat indoors but RIGHT by an open door. We were moved. Also, one person bathrooms for a place of this size and reputation? Lame, add more bathrooms.Special Features:
- Always nicebrewedbehaviorDined on 9/10/2014Food & Service on point, ambiance is bonus. Never fails, really solid choice for west side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful in every wayeyeluvfoodDined on 9/9/2014This restaurant is a true gem. The gorgeous ambience, spectacular servers, and creative French Moroccan cuisine leave nothing to be desired. It is the best restaurant experience in Los Angeles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cant go wrong with Little DoorChillymonkeyDined on 9/8/2014Little Door is all about the ambiance. It's gorgeous, romantic, a great place for a date. The food is excellent... Okay, maybe not the best I've ever had, but for the price point it's really one of the best options around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still greateastern00VIPDined on 9/7/2014This is one spot I make sure to return to when visiting LA. Lovely and charming decor, and very helpful and attentive wait staff. Food is really quite good and makes for a great evening out.Special Features:
- Great place!!FooooooodieDined on 9/7/2014Came here for my partners 40th. Love the atmosphere! Staff is friendly and very professional. Food is delicious, I don't know how they get the chicken (of all things)to taste so good! The rack of lamb was lovely. Desserts were excellent. My dirty martini was perfect. I have tried the duck here before, I have had better but other than that this place is spot on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous find in LANomossundermyfeetDined on 9/6/2014My friends and I went here for my birthday 3 days ago. We had to wait about 20 min for our table, which was a little strange since there were many open tables. The process for deciding who was going to be seated at what table and when seemed very French, and if u have been to France you know what I mean. BUT we were eventually seated and then the evening commenced perfectly. Our server, Jason, was wonderful. The food and ambiance were amazing. We were never rushed. The Prix Fixe menu was a nice surprise; was a great deal. The vegetable couscous was perfectly made and very authentic. My friends loved the octopus and halibut. I am giing again the next time I am in LA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was awesomeTacofiesta1Dined on 9/5/2014Just food took a lil longer than expected but the food and service was excellent will be coming back thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveWolfgangDined on 9/4/2014Great ambience and lighting with outdoor feel. Food was disappointingSpecial Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2014Was looking for a unique rememberable setting for a special occasion. It surpassed all of expectationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy and priceyVeritouDined on 8/30/2014The food was good and the waiter was excellent! My only concern was that the tables were too close. We felt like sardines and could hear our neighbors conversation. This place is also not cheap. Get ready to spend some $$$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would have given it a 5 star...CoriLove29Dined on 8/29/2014Except for the hostess and host were not very friendly or welcomingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical birthday celebrationLuv2DineDined on 8/25/2014This was my first time to try The Little Door Santa Monica. I had been to the WeHo location many times. I was a regular at the restaurant prior to TLD taking it over (Villetta) so when I walked in and saw the transformation....wow! It is absolutely magical inside and the lighting really makes everyone look great. Music is fantastic, as well. Loungy.I was so happy I selected it for my birthday dinner. Akessa (Host) made sure my reservation was in perfect order (I kept changing from 8,10,12 back to 8ppl.Thanks for your patience)! She had the best table of 8 in the back (near the bar, but outside). Sparkly lights overhead. Candles everywhere. Service by Giorgio was perfect, as always! Felt very special. Molto grazie! I'll be back.Special Features:
- RomanticEzwriterDined on 8/23/2014I needed to take my girlfriend to an intimate place for her birthday. Little Door is THAT place. From the moment you pass through the two heavy wooden doors, you are swept away into a French Moroccan atmosphere that truly pays off when you get to the entree. Also, be sure to order a Moscow Mule. Best one I have ever had.Special Features:
- AWESOME!!TerrierDined on 8/20/2014One of the best meals I had in a long time!! We shared an appetizer which was a combination of middle eastern dishes (spanakopita, babaganoush, falafel,,etc). My main dish was the Atlantic black cod and my friend had the risotto: both excellent. For dessert we shared a coconut tart which was delicious. The waiter was very attentive and courteous. I love the terrace: you can imagine you're on vacation somewhere, far from a big city.Special Features:
- nikkiDined on 8/12/2014We went to celebrate our friend's BD!! I love this place!! The service, food, and everything about it was fantastic!! I cant wait to go back there and I would recommend it to all!!!.Special Features:
- EXCEEDED MY EXCEPTIONS!!!FromagerVIPDined on 8/12/2014I knew from it's reputation that I was in for what is arguably the most romantic restaurant in LA. It was my first anniversary of falling in love with my fiancee, and I needed a special dinner. It was perfect in every way. Once we walked through the little door, I felt like we had walked into another world. The decor shimmered, our table was lovely, the smells were lovely. I'm a chef, fromager and sommelier; hence I can be a tough customer. The fact is, that the food was wonderful! The wine choices by the server, perfectly paired with the food! We shared gorgonzola stuffed figs wrapped in prosciutto, she had the day boat scallops and I had the monkfish over papardelli. YUM! Everything from beginning to end was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inspired to Write a ReviewGiovanniVIPDined on 8/9/2014I don't often write reviews unless my experience was really bad. But in this case, my experience was AMAZING! I stumbled across this little gem through Yelp as my group was planning on hitting some of the clubs in LA. My date and I wanted to eat before going out, but wanted something that was somewhat trendy but classy. The Little Door hit the ball out of the park!!!! From the moment we entered to the time we left, we felt as though we were in a different part of the world. The food and service was outstanding - I will make the trip from San Diego to go back any day.Special Features:
- excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Worth every penny paid. very good food, very good service. special ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my 2 centsCasualReviewDined on 8/8/2014This restaurant is in a very busy place, so don't expect you can easily find a parking. They do provide valet parking ($8) but I loss a rim because of the careless valet service, so I suggest you FIND a parking yourself no matter what, unless money is not an object to you. The restaurant is nice, half of the building has no roof but with trees/plants are everywhere including the top and half of it just like a regular restaurant. Our server was very nice, smiling on his face all the time. My wife and I ordered the three-courses dinner. They were in good size and they were delicious. However $55 for a three course meal per person, I would say you can find a better place if you only care about food quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience good food service okJoshtDined on 8/7/2014Little door was awesome, great food great ambience and our waitress was very attentive and on point. When we were greeted however it took them at least 10mins for them to aknowledge us. Then the hostess was waving some type of burning incense in our face that made my wife nauseated. The food and wait staff made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Más fama que otra cosaMinimacDined on 8/5/2014La cocina mediterránea que hace, no es tal, la comida era muy normalita, nada alucinante, y en nuestra opinión tanto la carne que pedimos como el rissotto estaban pasadísimos. Para ser un restaurante francés, la cocina debería ser mucho más fina, los ingredientes más cuidados y el sabor diferente. A nosotros NO nos gustó nada, la comida. El sitio es muy chulo, muy bien decorado y el servicio es de diez, muy atentos y serviciales. Hablan diferentes idiomas y están muy atentos a que no te falte de nada. Por lo tanto, comida mal muy mal, decoración y servicio muy bien. ¿Merece la pena ir? NoSpecial Features:
- great food: poor serviceBlackjackVIPDined on 8/3/2014I love the ambiance and food at The Little Door. It is now my "go to" restaurant for special occasions. This time we invited 2 other couples to help us celebrate our wedding anniversary. As usual, the food was wonderful, however, the waitress was extremely bland (bored?) and inattentive. We wound up pouring our own wine, and having to flag someone down for bread, water, etc. Perhaps because we brought our own wine and the overall tip would not be quite so high our waitress was not interested in serving our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!kleyohDined on 7/31/2014One of a kind. Romantic. Perfect for dinner. I will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/30/2014Always an amazing atmosphere in the patio, very romantic and candles lit, on top of an excellent menu....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful patio dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/27/2014Made reservations, pleasantly surprised by food quality, and very nice wait staff! Food was flavirful, I did their dine LA prix fixe a good deal and very tasty also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Poor service.HungryHippoDined on 7/25/2014The hostess asked us to sit at the bar then she forgot about us. She had to be reminded every 15 minutes that we were waiting for a table. Forty minutes went by until we were seated (and that is with a reservation). The waiter was slightly better. Though we had to remind him to bring our desserts after 15 minutes of waiting after our table was cleared. The food was great. We ordered off of the dineLA menu. The appetizers and entrees were spot on flavourful. The drinks were nice and strong as well. Another saving grace was that they remembered that it was my girlfriend's birthday and left her a Happy Birthday chocolate on her dessert. Overall, I am disappointed in how we were treated at this restaurant and we will never return.Special Features:
- A GEM!!TerrierDined on 7/23/2014As usual, the food and the service were outstanding. It was the "Dine LA Week" and there was a "prix fixe" menu. Great choices for everyone's taste. We also ordered a couple of extra items from the main menu. A fine restaurant to go back to over and over again!!Special Features: