The Little Door - Santa Monica
246 26th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90402Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
The Little Door - Santa Monica
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thelittledoor.com/santamonica
- Phone: (310) 310-8064
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Chef Nicolas Peter
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact our Marketing Manager Drew D'Andrea if you would like to schedule a private event. He can be reached by email: email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: Drew D'Andrea 3103108064x
A word from The Little Door - Santa Monica
The Little Door - Santa Monica is located in a charming historic building on the border of Santa Monica and Brentwood. Wrought iron gates open into a courtyard where the patios within are being lovingly restored with careful attention paid to the original detailing. Built and occupied by renowned architect John Byers, this landmarked gem has previously been the home to two successful restaurants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Little Door - Santa Monica reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
romantic (16)neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (12)great for outdoor dining (11)hot spot (11)special occasion (11)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- WAY OVERPRICEDOverpricedDined on 11/9/2014The menu was somewhat bland yet the prices were higher than most in the neighborhood. You're basically paying a lot for nothing interesting.
- Hope it gets as good as Hollywood 1FinklestoneDined on 11/6/2014I had a meal at the West Hollywood locale years ago and never forgot it - it was outstanding. Maybe they only have their sea legs and will get there? meanwhile it was extremely expensive and while one of the sides was outstanding, the mains and the starter and dessert were unmemorable. too expensive for that! great waiter, lovely atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceDinerVIPDined on 11/1/2014This is a wonderful restaurant that has a very varied menu. I would recommend it highly.Special Features:
- As good as the originalGlobaliconVIPDined on 10/31/2014Im so happy to have A Little Door on the Westside. The food is greats a nd the staff could not be more friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Little DoorWestlafoodieDined on 10/23/2014We were very excited that the Little Door came to Brentwood. It took several weeks to get a reservation. Walking through "the little door" I felt like Dorothy when she walked through the door into Munchkin land. The room is lovely with soft lighting tastefully designed. Our server was very knowledgeable, friendly and accommodating. We shared a tuna tartare appetizer which was good, but not memorable. I had Farro Risotto with butternut squash, kale and parmesan - delicious. My husband had roasted cod with mussels in a lovely broth. All in all, everything was very good. It was just so expensive for relatively plain and simple food! Our bill for the two of us came to $185, including tip.Special Features:
- Excellent food, service needs workSwg126VIPDined on 10/18/2014The restaurant has only been opened a little while, however, the food is exceptional and the ambiance is really very nice even as it is not quite as charming as the original, but that is not a negative. We ordered the hot mezze appetizer which was great. The couscous with various meats was incredible and really world class as a dish. Fish was outstanding. The service was well intended, but clearly not clicking yet, which is not unexpected given it has been operating only a little while. They brought our mains before we finished our appetizers much less cleared the table, our waiter was nice but a bit less attentive than he should have been. We waited again for our mains to be remade- a credit to the chef and management.Special Features:
- AmazingdaniferroDined on 10/17/2014Me and my husband celebrated wedding anniversary at The Little Door. It was an amazing experience, we had great meals and the service was terrific. Very romantic place, but also good for groups. It's a 10!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- welcome to the west sideAdubVIPDined on 10/16/2014Finally, a place from the other side of the 405 that works on the west side. Great lighting, great space, good for dates. The couscous is still the best thing on the menu. Pricey, but welcome to Brentwood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing decorgflashVIPDined on 10/11/2014absolutely beautiful place. Large groups in there the night we went. Think that affected service somewhat. Was a bit slow on drinks and food. Terrific menu and the finished products didn't disappoint. Very good place and would go back.Special Features:
- Needs workOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/11/2014Awful service. Waiter got order all wrong and never checked on us. Kept having to ask for water. Food was not memorable. So disappointed. The one on 3rd is a gem.Special Features:
- Needs a change in managementMB01VIPDined on 9/27/2014We weren't seated until 40 minutes past our reservation time. The hostess told us that Open Table had overbooked the restaurant. After a 20 minute delay, I asked about our table at was told it would be at least another 15 minutes which dragged well beyond that. I suggested that it would be nice if they bought us a drink at the bar (never had to ask before, fine restaurants usually do this when customers with reservations have to wait), she said she would talk to the manager and perhaps he would give us a free appetizer. Finally, seated and we were told the manager would "take care of our drinks and appetizers", he then refused to honor this promise only providing a free dessert. Horrible management and service. We will not be back.
- Wanted to like this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/26/2014I really wanted to like this restaurant especially since I was such a fan of their other location in West Hollywood. The location and ambiance is beautiful. You feel like you are outside in a European garden. I have now been to the restaurant twice and the service just is awful and the food isnt that great. The food isnt terrible,, but just really bland and not even in the same league as the other one in West Hollywood. On my last visit, they made us wait over an hour despite having a reservation confirmed for weeks in advance. It seems they were just overbooked because there were a bunch of people waiting for over an hour despite having a reservation as well.
- Very disappointingfoodcentricVIPDined on 9/23/2014Beautiful ambiance and that is about it. We weren't seated until 45 minutes after our reservation time.One of the entrees ordered was not available. How could couscous and vegetables be not available? It's the simplest dish to make with ingredients that should be on hand. One person in our party did not receive the dish she ordered. When she told the server it wasn't the dish she ordered, he insisted she was wrong. He finally apologized and said he would get her the other entree. Her entree did not come until ten minutes after we (her dining partners) were done with the meal. She had to ask the waiter when her food was coming. He did not even come over to let us know the status. I understand it's only been open a week, but not an excuse.Special Features:
- La Vie en RoseTaninoVIPDined on 9/20/2014From the moment you walk into this place you feel as you have been transformed into a different part of the world. The decor is welcoming with a Moroccan theme. The food is devine, think Moroccan with a French twist....I especially enjoyed the sea bass and the salmon. The wine list is exceptionally good and versatile in price and in region. The staff and the owners are friendly and look as they all stepped out of French Vogue Magazine..Major plus ;)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantDinerVIPDined on 9/20/2014This is a great find. They were only open a week but they hit on all cylinders. I would highly recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little DoorPrezwhateverVIPDined on 9/19/2014The food was great and the service was impeccable. Sul took us on a journey through the menu.We enjoyed our Little Door Santa Monica experience and will be back soon.Special Features:
- So happy!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/19/2014Little door was always one of my favorite romantic go to restaurants. Love that it is now on the Westside where I live!! Good luck. Only wish is that the front room was really outdoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not GreatMikeZVIPDined on 9/15/2014We were looking forward to the Little Door opening in Santa Monica. We were able to book a table the first night they were open to the public, unfortunately it was also one of the hottest night in years. To be honest we ate at The Little Door years ago so we did not have a good recollection of their menu, however the menu didn't necessarily make us want to order everything on it. We ended up ordering appetizers which were good, but nothing spectacular. As for dinner it was too hot (we sat inside near the bar) so we skipped it. Understanding it was hot and their first night open we'll give them the benefit of the doubt, however for a restaurant so close it may still be awhile before we return.Special Features:
- The following 125 reviews are from the The Little Door - Santa Monica reviews archive.
- Good by Villetta!DrRevenueVIPDined on 6/11/2014It is too bad, but money talks and everything else walks. We were at Villetta on Wednesday night. The staff informed us that this Friday, today, would be their "last day". The restaurant emerged from Bankruptcy and the Ago People are taking over. The restaurant will be closed for 60+ days and will re-open with a different name, menu, chef, staff, etc. We have enjoyed Villetta for it's 3 year existence and want to thank all of their excellent personnel for making it a terrific dining experience for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/28/2014Only downside was that the music was a bit too loud. We were sitting next to the back door in the front room and when the music was turned on it was definitely too loud. It was turned down but then crept back up again. Otherwise, delightful dinner.Special Features:
- Villetta a Favorite for Good ReasonDrRevenueVIPDined on 3/31/2014Another lovely night at Villetta, except for a group of 3 women patrons who were so noisy and inconsiderate that we had to move our table. It was a chilly night. We decided to dine in the bar. Unfortunately, 3 unattractive, very loud women came in about 15 minutes after we sat down for our meal. We could not stand it and moved back outside. Lynn our regular server was just as delightful as always. Franco, the bartender provided very interesting discussion of drinks and wine. The cuisine was spot on. A great time marred by some ugly guests, but we will, of course go back often.Special Features:
- Magical Birthday dinnerLuv2DineDined on 3/19/2014This was my first time to try The Little Door Santa Monica. I had been to the WeHo location many times. I was a regular at the restaurant prior to TLD taking it over (Villetta) so when I walked in and saw the transformation....wow! It is absolutely magical inside and the lighting really makes everyone look great. Music is fantastic, as well. Loungy.I was so happy I selected it for my birthday dinner. Akessa (Host) made sure my reservation was in perfect order (I kept changing from 8,10,12 back to 8ppl.Thanks for your patience)! She had the best table of 8 in the back (near the bar, but outside). Sparkly lights overhead. Candles everywhere. Service by Giorgio was perfect, as always! Felt very special. Molto grazie! I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From the bruschetta amuse-bouche,AlexDined on 3/3/2014From the bruschetta amuse-bouche, to the funghi pizza starter to the linguine fruitti mare main (even to the bartender chatting in Italian), this place has the feel of a genuine Italian restaurant. Excellent food and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance & service made up for foodCRTravelDined on 2/18/2014The ambiance was romantic, the service over the top wonderful... but the food left much to be desired, especially for the hefty prices we paid. The beet and endive salad came out without endives, and we had to search for the artichokes in the artichoke salad. The pasta bolognese was delicious--absolutely wonderful--but the ribs (recommended by the water) were tender but tasteless (served with bland mashed potatoes and boiled carrots). The wine was good, the waiter was amazingly sweet and attentive (giving us a free chocolate mousse for the lack of endives in my salad), and the manager attended to all the customers. The outdoor dining was beautiful, private, romantic, and fresh. If they work on the cuisine, I'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2014Had a lovely evening with good, simple food and wonderful service.Special Features:
- Valentines daydineouteverynightDined on 2/14/2014They did a great job on a challenging night. Our waiter was awesome. Wine selection was superb. Pasta dishes were amazing.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 2/14/2014Though we usually don't like dining out on Valentine's Day, Villetta changed that experience. There was nothing rushed about the evening, the food and service were outstanding. We love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ....nelsonDined on 1/6/2014will probably book a wedding rehearsal dinner there!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 12/31/2013Our evening at Villetta was wonderful. We had a fabulous server named Pietro, and the maitre d' was most accommodating to our wishes for a private area where the ten of us could wander around before dinner and enjoy the room after dinner too. The food was spectacular. It was a lovely New Year's Eve. Many thanks to the staff at Villetta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a lovely dining experienceKWestDined on 12/31/2013One of our favorite spots; the staff is always pleasant and the food delicious. Antonio is always very welcoming and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed dinerFoon47Dined on 12/30/2013Everything seemed to be overpriced. The wine per glass was outrageous. We didn't feel that we got value for our money. Very attentive staff and nice ambiance but it didn't measure up. Definitely won't be returning there.
- The service and food wereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/6/2013The service and food were excellent. The last time that I dined at Villetta it was for a Girls Night Out Christmas event and the staff went out of their way to make sure it was an enjoyable night, even helping us carry in our gift bags!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/30/2013Perfect evening great service attentive owner beautiful decorSpecial Features:
- Fabulous dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/13/2013Everything was better than we had ever expected. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/9/2013The outdoor patio seating is so comfortable and inviting and the meals are always superb. But best of all, Francesco is an amazing waiter that always makes the evening memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/4/2013We had a wonderful time. Giorgio was so patient and kind in explaining the specials and wine. He allowed us to "taste" before deciding on our vino! The attention to detail and personal attention was outstanding. The ambience incredible as we were set right before a gorgeous burning fire! I would say this is one of the BEST places I have ever been. The food, wine and service! Total 10! The squash ravioli was a melt in your mouth....delight! Best!Special Features:
- ExcellentBrentwoodmomVIPDined on 11/2/2013My husband, mother and I dined here for my birthday. It was delicious food and excellent service. The chef sent out a little appetizer as soon as we sat down. We love when restaurants do that! Such a nice touch! The owner is there to greet you with a smile when you walk in. He is buzzing around the restaurant to be sure everyone is happy. He knows the business and I believe this is a neighborhood restaurant that will be here to stay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but nothing specialAdventuresinDiningVIPDined on 10/18/2013This is in a great location - I am not crazy about how they remodeled the space. I liked the old world charm of the previous restaurant given all of the patios with vines on the walls. The indoor bar area is nice. The food is okay - nothing special - very expensive. Pastas seem to all be over $25. I had a pasta with sausage and mushroom and the sausage was very chewy. Salad of artichoke and arugula again okay but not worth the $15 or so they charged for it.Special Features:
- Iconic Italian restaurantSteve1150Dined on 10/17/2013This restaurant creates an atmosphere that takes one to the Amalfi Coast. You don't feel that you are in L.A. The food is top notch and the service is impeccable. It is a bit expensive, but worth it overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisinggaruDined on 10/11/2013Better portion sizes than expected, excellent service, great drinks and food. "Dealer's choice" for the drinks is a fun optionSpecial Features: