The Little Dipper
138 South Front Street
Wilmington, NC 28401Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $30 and under
The Little Dipper
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.littledipperfondue.com/
- Phone: 9102510433
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - until SEASONAL HOURS: Open EVERY DAY Memorial Day through Labor Day 5pm for dinner
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Little Dipper offers onsite preparation of cheese fondue appetizers, a chocolate fondue fountain with fruits and sweets for dipping and other party platter appetizers. Fondue is our specialty although our Chef enjoys creating special dishes for parties and other occasions.
- Private Party Facilities: We have special party platters to accommodate both large and small parties including an assortment of meats, seafood and vegetarian choices.
- Private Party Contact: Kristen Gruodis 9102510433
- Entertainment: We offer live music outside on the back deck on the weekends and special holidays (seasonal - spring/summer/fall.) Call for more detailed information.
A word from The Little Dipper
An experience you won't find at any other restaurant in Wilmington - unique, bold and fun...Fondue! The Little Dipper's menu consists of premium meats, fresh seafood, vegetables and homemade sauces for dipping. Dip organic bread into hot melted cheddar cheese with beer, garlic and spices, prepared tableside by your server. Indulge in blackened filet with a warm au pouivre, sashimi grade tuna dipped in Asian ginger sauce or shrimp drenched in wasabi lime aioli. For dessert don't pass up strawberries dipped in milk chocolate, or bananas dipped in warm dark chocolate blended with smooth peanut butter. The dining environment is casual and hip with bright colors and rich cherry wood. Each table is handmade with built-in electric burners where the guests cook together in one common fondue pot. Whether you are with a large group celebration or out for an intimate dinner for two, Fondue is special and different! Join us soon and get hooked!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Little Dipper - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
The Little Dipper reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (89)romantic (69)good for groups (65)fit for foodies (41)neighborhood gem (38)hot spot (27)great for outdoor dining (20)notable wine list (19)scenic view (14)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (11)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Great date night!emccannDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I went and had a fabulous time! The server was really helpful in helping us decide what food and cooking styles to choose and was very attentive.Special Features:
- Delicious but noisyCyndarita41Dined on 9/6/2014We went in for my husband's birthday and the food was wonderful. Large selection to choose from and everything was fresh. Our server was attentive and knowledable, making several recommendations that were perfection. The drink selection was interesting and ours were well made and tasty. The ambiance was just ok and the noise level was higher than I anticipated, but overall it was an excellent meal with great service.Special Features:
- Love the Little Dipper!aodellDined on 9/3/2014A large group of us went to the Little Dipper for ladies night on Wednesday. Our server was excellent and the food was totally delicious. Definitely a great experience!Special Features:
- Great NightKristi0831Dined on 8/30/2014We went to celebrate my 30th birthday, we put it on the reservation and everyone I came in contact with wished me a happy birthday. The waitress was excellent and made our dining experience quick and easy without rushing us. The food was devine as usual. I HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone who has never tried it. If you think you've had fondue and you didn't like it, try it here!! It's a whole other experience entirely! LOVE!!! Will be heading back soon!Special Features:
- luvthedipperluvthedipperDined on 8/30/2014We have been to the dipper many times and EVERY time you get outstanding service, food and ambience. We love it! Always take visitors there for a truly excellent culinary experience that is fun and delicious! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Service was fine but not very personable.....server could have made it a better experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fondue without breaking the bankLoriVanDined on 8/23/2014My family loves fondue, but when only 2 of us are dining, the amount of food (and the expense) at other fondue restaurants has often been too much. The Little Dipper offers some great specials during the week where you can sample small portions, or just have cheese and chocolate, for a very reasonable price. Even Saturday, you can choose to share a meal on the regular menu, resulting in far less waste. My daughter and I had salad, cheese, a sampler entree, and dessert for under $50 recently. And the food is delicious!Special Features:
- The bestOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014Service is always the best and the food is amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this place!foodiexoDined on 8/20/2014Little Dipper is a great place to dine! It can be a little pricey but they offer different specials every weeknight to make it more affordable. The food is consistently great along with the service and their seasonal cocktails are great too! The outdoor area has a great romantic atmosphere if the weather is right. I've been dining here for 8 years and will continue to do so. I'll choose this local spot over a chain restaurant every time.Special Features:
- Love this place!localdiningloveDined on 8/18/2014I love going to the Little Dipper! Normally I go with friends but it's also great for a date! It is a small restaurant but has a great deck and nice environment. I have never had a bad experience here, and they have great specials throughout the week that make your meal even more enjoyable. For anyone who wants to go to a fondue restaurant should definitely pick this place over the Melting Pot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!Foodie4lyfeDined on 8/15/2014Such a great environment. The only complaint I have is a table next to us was very obnoxiously drunk and it was hard to hear my friends over them. But food was great and service was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and great servicethefoodguyDined on 8/10/2014First time at the restaurant and the waiter was very helpful and kind. He took time to explain everything and offered suggestions when asked. Very nice and attentive. Food is fantastic and portions are good. Expect an experience and to enjoy yourself while there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and AtmospherePedroDined on 8/9/2014Great find! Very friendly waitress, amazing food, and all-around great experience. Very cozy two-person seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent eveningCkoonstDined on 8/8/2014This was my first time at any fondue restaurant, and it was fabulous. I loved the cozy little booth and the decorations were wonderful. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgable. Got the date night deal which seemed to be a wonderful value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FondueFanDined on 8/6/2014The Smoked Gouda fondue is awesome! We tried the new seasonal cheese and were very happy! Definitely a strong flavor but that's what you expect for smoked Gouda.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerlittledipperDined on 8/5/2014We had a wonderful experience. We ordered the dinner for four and it was wonderful.Special Features:
- Amazing!!CmwilliamsDined on 8/2/2014We went solely for dessert while visiting Wilmington. It was absolutely delicious and the service was great. When I find myself back in town, I plan on coming back to try their dinner. Very reasonable prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantfreemelDined on 8/2/2014This was a wonderful, first time experience. We couldn't have picked a better restaurant to celebrate our anniversary at! Everything was perfect from the service, to the taste of food and the atmosphere. We will definitely return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as Always!luv2dineDined on 7/30/2014Little Dipper is one of my favorite restaurants! I always suggest it for ladies night and date nights. The food and drinks are delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerLoveCheeseDined on 7/26/2014Our time at The Little Dipper was great, great food, great service and great time for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as alwaysGingerDined on 7/21/2014I love the special nights. We went for locals night :-) Great food, amazing service. I visit every time I am in WilmingtonSpecial Features:
- Marvelous ExperienceFomanjiDined on 7/20/2014I took my fiancé here for a nice Sunday dinner treat. He and I loved it. Little Dipper is great about using produce that is in season for their specials. Our drinks were great, and the food experience was marvelous. Highly recommend the Berry White most of all for your dessert.Special Features:
- Taking the dip at Little DipperSumfunDined on 7/18/2014What a fabulous spot! It's just one of the coziest, romantic, fun & unhurried dining experiences I've ever had. A local shared this little gem of a restaurant with my fiancé and I and now anytime we are in town visiting we make sure to make our way to the Little Dipper. Give it a try and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great date spot!foodie671Dined on 7/17/2014What a romantic dinner spot! loved how private the table was! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dip into the DipperPortCityPetalPusherDined on 7/16/2014My girlfriends and i try to make Ladies Night a few times anually. It's always a great time and the service is always impecible! The manager is awesome and always makes sure we're happy! Thanks guys! Keep up the fantastic work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance!InstantKarmaDined on 7/14/2014Cheese & chocolate on Mondays and Wednesdays is the way to go! Instant Karma is my favorite though! Great atmosphere & the staff is wonderful! I will say though that the hostess could have been a little more enthusiastic but I'll still give this restaurant 5 stars.Special Features:
- DelishMangemoiDined on 7/11/2014Excellent as alway. However the portions are shrinking. These is less to dip and less to dip into.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Dipperfrom2verypickyeatersDined on 7/10/2014we got the meal combination that included the lobster tails for 2. between all courses, we were there for about 2.5 hours. It got a little nosy but we weren't rushed and the staff was very helpful and willing to answer any questions we had and offer suggestions (it was our first time there). Would go back for another special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014Everything was wonderful. Will be coming back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014This is the first time that I have used the online reservation system. I found it to be very simple and easy. Awesome!Special Features:
- Great foodkc101Dined on 7/5/2014Fondue is really expensive! But the selection and flavor of the food is amazing and is worth the money more than a "gourmet" restaurant. We can only afford to go there on special occasions, but we do recommend it to people to at least try once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful, as alwaysLCinILMDined on 7/4/2014This is our go-to spot for special events. We went 4th of July and were able to walk down to the river to watch the fireworks - William, our server was very solicitous making sure we had enough chips and other goodies to dip (can't waste ANY cheese or, God forbid, chocolate!). Since we were on a timeline (for the fireworks) he kept us on schedule and got us everything we needed quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeannitaDined on 7/2/2014I enjoyed the Little Dipper very much! I have been there a few times somw with friends for fun and a I have been for the ladies night! Great Food Great services and can't be the prices.Special Features:
- Always awesomeCar0linaGirlDined on 7/1/2014This is one of our all-time favorite places to eat. We go every time we come to the beach and love the experience. Plan on a two-hour meal and come hungry. My only complaint is that it can be loud in there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great serviceLocalDanDined on 6/27/2014Went on a Friday night with a date and had a good time. The one issue was with another customer that brought their loud toddler with them. This is a nice place with separate rooms so a loud child is amplified in a smaller room. Service was great and food was really good and we took advantage of the Friday night special so the cost was reasonable. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More like an experiencemomndaughterdineDined on 6/20/2014Service was great, food was OK. We went for the experience specifically.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperFondue!YummyFoodLoverDined on 6/14/2014The service was excellent. The food was delicious! If you are ever in Wilmington, I highly recommend this restaurant. It is right by the water. I loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/13/2014Delicious food and outstanding service! A very enjoyable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls NightjjelliottDined on 6/11/2014I have only heard the hype over this restaurant. Wednesday I finally had the opportunity to experience it myself. I was not disappointed. Went out with some girls from work and we are planning on making it an at monthly ritual. Would love to make it an every week routine so we can try all the great menu items. From service to food to decoration, everything was AMAZING!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingfondoooooDined on 6/11/2014The Little Dipper was a fantastic dining experience, & I would love to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.