The Little Aussie Bakery & Cafe
3610 Avenue B
San Antonio, TX 78209Neighborhood:
AustralianPrice: $30 and under
The Little Aussie Bakery & Cafe
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.thelittleaussiebakery.com/
- Phone: 2108267877x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Australian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Cafe, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We will cater to home or office parties, weddings and other functions. Not only do we offer a gluten free catering, everything we do is gluten free.
A word from The Little Aussie Bakery & Cafe
While we are 100% gluten free, our influences are Australian and European, and very much from the home kitchen. We prepare our meals from scratch. While healthy eating is a big part of what we do. We believe that this does not mean that the enjoyment of food is in any way compromised. We are all about comfort foods, slow roasted meats, meat pies, pasta bakes, lamb sandwiches, colorful salads, and dessert cakes that are to die for. And you know it really doesn"t matter whether you have food allergies or not. You are in for a treat.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Little Aussie Bakery & Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not a friendly place.DisappointedDined on 7/26/2014Very unhappy with service and treatment by staff. I would not recommend anyone going there for dining in.
- Hidden Gem for the Special Diet!RebelcamDined on 6/22/2014The Little Aussie Bakery & Café was the #1 rated gluten-free dining recommendation on "Find Me Gluten-Free" and there's a reason. The food was incredible! My wife has Celiac Disease and must have gluten-free food. This was her destination dining experience. The Little Aussie is 100% gluten-free and absolutely delicious! We ate there twice simply because it was that great. The Sunday Brunch was a revelation in great food. We went back 2 days later for lunch and had an even better meal. They make awesome desserts that don't look or taste like gluten-free! It's a little off the beaten path next to Brackenridge Park, but worth seeking out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch for Father's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014Not what I was expecting, but a plasent surprise and enjoyable brunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice Sunday brunchkevdawgDined on 6/1/2014There for a nice little brunch on Sunday. Good food, nice little spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great change of pace.signoret76VIPDined on 5/30/2014Good lunch with unique options. Quiet home like atmosphere. Will return.Special Features:
- Delicious & Hits the Spot! WORTHY!TakeUrTimeWhenUdineDined on 5/25/2014My visit to the Aussie Bakery & Cafe, even after the NPR report, was a pleasant experience with the tone being set by the person behind the register who was beaming with a beautiful smile & great attitude. After being at another restaurant up the street & around the corner which was chaotic, at best, it was so nice to walk into a laid back chill atmosphere. The service is good. The food, expeditiously served, was close to perfect as eggs are difficult to cook & bacon was missing to this otherwise great meal for those who might be watching the figure or expectant mothers.As I have zero expectations of any of my experiences and always pleasantly surprised, The Aussie Bakery & Cafe IS a neighborhood gem that pleasantly surprises! Keep it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best GF bread this New Yorker had!GFintexasDined on 4/13/2014I went to this place on Sunday and ordered off the brunch menu. This place was so cute. A little house converted into this bakery/ cafe. You order and pay at the counter and select any table you like. We were then greeted by our waitress who was from Baltimore and recognized my east coast accent right away. We were given the super strength coffee which was fantastic and homemade gf biscuits to start. They offer count cream for the coffee incase of any dairy allergies. After our bacon egg and cheeses arrived one of the employees came around with a basket of the most amazing goat cheese, onion biscuits; they were warm, gooey, and just fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free VenuesmithairsmithDined on 4/10/2014The Little Aussie Bakery and Cafe is totally committed to gluten free dining. It's quaint and intimate but has very specific hours. Rita and John are the essence of the establishment.Special Features:
- Gluten free heavenmanchamomDined on 3/30/2014It isn't often a restaurant mets the needs of the gluten free and the food is still wonderful but Little Aussie does it hands down. The food is wonderful and full of flavor. The salad dressings are fresh and light, the waffles chewy and crispy and delicious. Definitely worth the drive from Austin. And that doesn't include the desserts which are a story all by themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free GemWright07Dined on 3/29/2014I went to this resteraunt because I have a gluten intolerance and was a little apprehensive about how the food would taste. The food was amazing and my family thought the food was very flavorful. Sediment lay coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- People nice but not very organized.Dolce4Dined on 3/14/2014I have no idea who our waitress or waiter was! Three people seemed to help but I had to ask for napkins and for refills. That's frustrating when your trying to have a nice meal. Getting up from table and searching for someone isnt service. Who serves pizza with no Parmesan cheese? The meal was ok but Dessert was delicious actually the star...as we sampled a few beauty's in the display case. Would I go again... Yes, but I hope next time the service improves. If your not going to serve refills put the pitcher on the table I will serve myself Pizza Hut Style!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free heaven!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/27/2014This resturant/bakery is totally gluten free and totally fabulous!! From salad to dessert everything was very tasty! Their bread is so good, I even carried a loaf home to Ohio!! Also, stop in for Sunday brunch, waffles!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/26/2014But it's not just gluten free - they use local produce and a holistic approach to their food preparation and recipes. Delish!Special Features:
- Great Gluten Free MenusmithairsmithDined on 12/29/2013The Little Aussie Bakery and Café has a great gluten free menu especially brunch which can be difficult to find. The food was delicious and hot even our husbands(who are not gluten free) enjoyed. This is always a treat for my friend from Houston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten freeAlisaDined on 9/1/2013I came here with my friend whose gluten free and it was both our first time. Everyone was really nice and provided great service not to mention the food was delicious whether you are a gluten-free person or not. I also enjoy the atmosphere; they had great music playing like jazz, blues and swing. Though I didn't get to use their free WiFi I know that I will go back to work from there sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. No gluten!GFnewbieSADined on 8/18/2013We went for brunch and it was fabulous! Quaint little place that's got about 8 tables total. Everyone is so friendly like they're bringing you into their (tiny) home. The brunch menu didn't offer a huge selection but there's something for everyone. Now for the food. I've only been gluten free for almost 4 months, I desperately crave a burger bun. The buns at this place are PHENOMI! If you've eaten gf bread before, chances are you needed a tall glass anything to gulp down that dry crumbly mess. Little Ausdie's buns are soft, spongy, moist.. I'd go as far as say better than the real thing! The quiche was yummy too. Flaky goodness. The best thing is, I can buy these at some HEBs. They even ship!Trust me and just eat it. My new fave place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunch with smallearlstanDined on 7/14/2013Great for lunch with small groups. Very pleasant service. Home atmosphere.Special Features:
- Gluten Free ParadiseseanbaffordDined on 4/28/2013A great find for gluten sensitive or Celiac diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Awesome Bakery & CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/19/2013Totally gluten-free bakery and cafe! And to boot, the food was wonderful. Try the quiche. It was some of the best I've ever had gf or not. We also had a very good pizza (on a Tuesday evening, in spite of something I read that said weekends only) that had a crispy crust. And don't forget the decadent cakes!Special Features:
- We had brunch there and hadkellyDined on 12/30/2012We had brunch there and had a great time! They also provided us with a gluten-free cake for an anniversary dinner and it was superb! I would highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Everything is completely glutenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012Everything is completely gluten free and Fridays and saturdays are pizza night.Special Features:
- I loved the relaxing atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012I loved the relaxing atmosphere of Little Aussie. I will definitely be back to buy freshly prepared gluten-free breads and pie crusts before the holiday rush begins. Great gem of a restaurant right, in our neighborhood too!.Special Features:
- came in to enjoy a quiet birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2012came in to enjoy a quiet birthday brunch. excellent quiche & salad, gluten free breads are very good. highly recommend to everyone, not just those concerned about finding gluten free restaurants.Special Features:
- Great Sunday morning alternative.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2012This was my first time there. I will be going back!!Special Features:
- Little Aussie a big bust!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012Not sure why you need a reservation. No wait service. No alcohol lisense. Should have advertised that Saturday is only pizza night. Very disorganized at register where you have to order your food and pay in advance. Not a very good way to run a business. Very poor mom and pop operation. They didnt even acknowledge our reservation but again why even make one it certainly wasnt necessary. This was a special birthday that was ruined. :(
- It's a quiet little spot withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2012It's a quiet little spot with a focus on serving great tasting food to finicky people. They do gluten-free with flair. Only EVOO. The mango chicken is the best chicken I've had in forever.Special Features:
- My child's skin looked worseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2012My child's skin looked worse after we ate their. Food didn't taste that great. Expected more.
- Excellent GF everything andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/10/2012Excellent GF everything and a nice selection of DF options too. The desserts are fantastic and the brunch was amazing!Special Features:
- It was a delight to eat atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2012It was a delight to eat at the Little Aussie! The gluten free menu was impressive and delicious.Special Features:
- I REALLY love going to thiskellyDined on 5/18/2012I REALLY love going to this restaurant. The only reason I gave the service 3 stars was because there was only one waitress on that night. She was EXCELLENT so no issues there but she was just trying to serve 6 tables by herself. I know they're looking for help so hopefully once they hire more waitresses or waiters that will improve. Food is always excellent!!!!! I reserved through Open Table and there was even a "reserved" sign on my table when I went in. How cool is that? :)
- Great food, but somewhat disorganizOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2012Great food, but somewhat disorganized & SO expensive. We will go back, but not as often as we would if the prices were more reasonable.
- Good items that are gluten-free!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2012This is the perfect place for those that need gluten-free dining. We had the pizza, and it was great. Service needs to be improved, especially concerning drink refills.Special Features:
- My first visit. Loved theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2012My first visit. Loved the location. The food was delicious. Will definitely be back :)Special Features:
- The food was generous, healthyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2012The food was generous, healthy and delicious. Thank you!
- This bakery and cafe was aOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/1/2011This bakery and cafe was a great find! I was in San Ant. for business, and recently found out I have a gluten problem. Little Aussie was a godsend! The food was wonderful from the salad to the meat pie to the dessert. Perfect! The wait staff was also very friendly and helpul. We ate there every day while in town. They will also ship some of their items to you! Wonderful place!Special Features:
- Awesome Cakes - good bread - priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/6/2011Garlic butter for breakfast for(cold)rolls? Not appetizing.Sale offered to orders for bread but not applicable instore to first time visitors. Was told to go online and place an order. I wont pay for shipping and pay more. Sorry. Cake was awesome! Bread is good. French toast was good. Prices are high for french toast and and egg sandwich at $10 each with no sides. Service was slow, server forgot about us - I had to go look for napkins. Not offered water or refill on coffee. If I were local I would def go for cake. Website offered free loaf of bread to first time visit.When I mentioned all played dumb. Conveniently, removed from website after. If I had a good exp I might be int in ordering.
- Haven for the Gluten intolerantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2011I was a bit sceptical when I was told about this place but I thought if I could find somewhere with decent gluten free bread it would be worth it. It is a very cute place small but it has personality. The food was good and you couldn't really tell that everything was gluten free. I got some sandwich buns to take home and if you toast them with a little butter they come out crispy and delicious best sandwiches I've had since becoming gluten free. The service was a bit slow, there was only one waitress but she was very energetic and pleasant,overall this is a great place for all of us with a gluten intolerance.
- Terrible BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2011I am not sure what they are good at but they should definitely not serve breakfast/brunch.
- wouldn't guess it was gluten freekdollDined on 9/3/2011wonderful food and you wouldn't know that it was gluten free... also, the cakes are non dairy but very creamy!Special Features:
- Salads and quiche were great.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2011Salads and quiche were great. Service was very attentiveSpecial Features: