The Listening Room Cafe
217 2nd Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Listening Room Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.listeningroomcafe.com/
- Phone: 6152593600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00 am - 5:00pm (lunch menu also served)
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please email email@example.com for more information on our contemporary southern catering menu.
- Private Party Facilities: With a seating occupancy of 207 and a standing occupancy of just under 700, we are happy to accommodate and book large or small private parties. Please email Stephanie@listeningroomcafe.com for all questions and pricing for parties that wish to have exclusivity over the dining room, as well as catering and bar options.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Margalis 6152593600
- Entertainment: The Listening Room Cafe is true experience of what the real Nashville has to offer. With a mix of singer/songwriters and local bands, the music is sure to connect with all kinds of people. From the local up-and-coming songwriter to the ten time number one hit songwriter, The Listening Room is a home to an incredible variety authentic Nashville musicians.
- Special Events: Please visit our website for up-to-date listings of our special or private events at http://listeningroomcafe.com/.
The Listening Room Cafe is available for private and special events.
- Cross Street: 2nd Avenue and Demonbreun Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Just south of the entrance to The Listening Room Cafe, we have a parking lot of approximately 30 spots for our patrons (complimentary with validation). Once our spots fill, we have several pay lots surrounding the building.
A word from The Listening Room Cafe
When the Listening Room Cafe was founded in 2008, it was built on hopes, dreams and faith. By combining his passion for music with his love of great food, owner Chris Blair set out to create a venue where others could come to be entertained and inspired. It is our goal to give each of you a true Nashville experience in a state of the art sounding room where you can hear the best singer/songwriters as well as have an incredible dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Listening Room Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
- uniquevinceDined on 12/6/2013We enjoyed our meal at The Listening Room. Listened to the country bands and enjoyed good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Nashville ExperienceJRNCVIPDined on 12/2/2013Went here on a Monday night while in town for work. Great lineup of young singer/songwriter talent. Loved the format that had four performers up on stage and switches between them every song. Good BBQ & Mac and Cheese, too. Definitely not a place to carry on a conversation - it was all about the music.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBirthdayPartyGirlDined on 12/2/2013I went to hear the Music but was so pleasnalty surprised that the food was deliscious! One can feed their Musical Soul and thier Stomach at the same time. Loved the young artists playing that night. Betsy Lane was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Music off the beaten pathOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/29/2013The Listening Room is hardly an obscure place, but it's fun and a little off the beaten path - being a few blocks from Broadway. The musicians were great. Food was better than average and service was a little slow, but that gave us more time to listen (and that's why you go!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mvandenmvandenDined on 11/29/2013The music venue is outstanding. The food is medicore at best. I would return every night if I could to listen to the music! Just get the burger or eat somewhere else.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Show!johncar3Dined on 11/29/2013We thoroughly enjoyed the show. Food was nothing special, and service was somewhat slow. Come for the entertainment!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Retired TravelorRetired4lifeDined on 11/26/2013Went in November on a Tuesday night with a group of 10 people with reservations. We were seated immediately and waitress was attentive. Food and beer was very reasonable. We had fun trying the "fried pickles." They were delicious! Just happened that the two entertainers weren't my kind of music BUT they were very hospitable. Dining with live music was a plus!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar, Not a RestaurantGregVIPDined on 11/25/2013This is a bar with live music, not a restaurant. Not that I have anything against that, but just be aware.Special Features:
- We enjoyed writers round...greatALgirlDined on 11/25/2013We enjoyed writers round...great group! Our food was a little charred from the grill, but we would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our best night in NashvillenashnewbieDined on 11/23/2013Enjoyed the food selection and was served in a timely manner. Excellent performances and good variety of music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Music VenueRichHollandDined on 11/23/2013Great music venue, Great service, Great staff - love the place. Food was mediocre as usual - which is a shame because they try so hard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed atmosphere, great musicAnnieDined on 11/22/2013Really liked how down to earth and relaxed this place was. Compared to its overcrowded and overwhelming counterparts in downtown Nashville this is a refreshing place to hear good music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time to NashvilleMC747Dined on 11/22/2013Great food but even greater music..worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good placeIndyguyDined on 11/22/2013The service was poor, the food over priced and over cooked and dry. The entertainment was flat and third class. I have seen better entertainment on a street corner in New Orleans.
- Great Place to ListenColbyLynnDined on 11/21/2013I really enjoyed my time at The Listening Room. It was a pleasant experience. The music was fantastic and set a great mood. The service was quite slow to start, but the waitress made up for it with quick refills and constant check-ins throughout the rest of the evening. Really great place for a ladies' happy hour or a quiet date night, just be ready to listen more than talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- music was outstanding!mac1496Dined on 11/16/2013We came there to see a new country artist, Colby Dee, and her band perform. We ended up bringing about 30 people with us and everyone had a great time. Our group was diversified---from kids to adults, locals and those who came several hours away. Everyone was happy with their experience. And they bragged a lot about Colby Dee, as well as the venue. The Listening Room picked up a good number of new fans that night, as did Colby Dee.Special Features:
- Fantastic eveningJerseygirlVIPDined on 11/15/2013We are visiting from New Jersey and chose to go to the Listening Room Cafe. It was a fantastic evening. Great music and the food was really good too! Would definitely come back.
- Good Entertainment VenueLightkeeperVIPDined on 11/15/2013My wife and I enjoyed dinner and a performance at their new location.Special Features:
- Love itDaniJDined on 11/12/2013We attended the 6pm show and took our children, ages 5 and 7. They were very much into the music and stayed captivated the whole time. Glad I brought them along!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nashville visitlovefoodDined on 11/11/2013A must do spot. Music was great while sitting in an easy listening, comfortable setting. Food wasn't so great but location, ambience, service and of course the music made up for it. I had the burger which was half the size of the roll and over cooked; friend has the turkey sandwich which was much, much better than the burger. But the fried sweet pickles were AWESOME! Highly recommended spot to check out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stop by for a drink, don't eat hereOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/9/2013We were disappointed in the food and the service. The live music act was great but there is so much talent in Nashville, there's no reason to waste time here.
- Terrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013My wife and I arrived about 10 minutes before our reservation time and were seated promptly at a table in the back of the room. We thought this would be a good spot so we could talk while enjoying the music.After waiting about 15 minutes, a server finally recognized we were there and took our drink orders and brought them to us 15 minutes later. We wanted to order dinner when she brought our drinks but she said she would be right back. However, she had a couple of tables at the front of the room and concentrated her attention on them. We tried to get someone's attention several times but after waiting an hour, were fed up and hungry. We paid for the one beer and left without eating...sad, the food looked good but sevice was terrible!!
- ExcellentNashvilleRXDined on 11/9/2013Thoroughly enjoyed dinner while listening tob4 amazing singer-songwriters. The food and drinks were great! I wasn't impressed by the size of the sangria (a tall but very thin glass for $9) would definitely recommend the TN Peach!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013This restaurant was recommended to us by a friend because we couldn't get tickets to the Blue Bird! We had such a great time, the food was amazing, the music was great and the laid back atmosphere made for a very fun Nashville night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first Experience...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2013Great venue for gathering with friends and listening to great music. Very clean, Personable staff once inside, A little confusing at the entrance when you have multiple reservations waiting as the front door area is a little small. Overall great experience...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CMA AwardscardsfanDined on 11/6/2013It was a great place to watch the award show. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really enjoyed the atmospherejlfrsfklfDined on 11/1/2013I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the music and food was great. There was a large group in front of us that didn't seem to understand that this was a "listening room".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic and organized talentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/31/2013My girlfriend and I were eager to explore a venue that we had not utilized and were greeted with friendly wait staff, amazing food, and unbelievable talent on the stage...who were actually empliyees!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great alternative to Bluebird CafeRufusDined on 10/28/2013If you're looking for a spacious and hip place to hear singer-songwriters - or established musicians - try this new-ish venue just off Broadway. The food is good, the parking taken care of by a valet, and the music offerings varied. We went for a songwriter night and had a great lineup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special timeFammanDined on 10/26/2013We really enjoyed our evening listening to great music. The service was friendly. The food was hit and miss. My salad and sandwich were fresh and flavorful, others at the table had overlooked food, but everyone was happy at the end of the night. However when I was booking, the show was scheduled to last 2 1/2 hours and I had options for 7:15 and 8:45. Luckily I took the earlier slot. It ended up that the show ended an hour early and they kicked us all out around 8:30. I am afraid that if I had chosen the later time, they would have cancelled our reservation and our weekend trip from California for Nashville music would not have been so fun. I will be buying some music from iTunes now.Special Features:
- Awesome as AlwaysBBarkerDined on 10/26/2013I have been to The Listening Room on several occasions to listen to songwriter rounds. I am never disappointed by the staff, the food/drinks, or the talent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!DezBethDined on 10/23/2013Great place to eat and enjoy a show!! Awesome music, cool vibe, and great food! Would def. recommend this place to anyone! We will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MusicJDubDined on 10/23/2013The food wasn't exceptional, but I didn't go there for the food. I went there for the music, which was fabulous. I would go again and have recommended to friends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Live MusicSuzieAndDined on 10/22/2013If you want to go see some of the best Nashville songwriters in a great atmosphere, and have a good meal while you're at it, this is the place. Parking by valet or across the street is reasonable. $7 minimum order per person, food or drink, and that's solely so people don't just come in and take up a table to hear the music and only order water. The wait staff has to make a living somehow! My favorite here is the spinach and strawberry salad with feta, cajun seasoned walnuts, strawberry vinagrette and I add grilled chicken. MMMMMM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time! songwriters, good food!NashvillemamzDined on 10/22/2013Enjoyed this place a lot. Great entertainment, all songwriters, multiple sets. Friendly service, good food with moderate prices, free valet parking huge plus. Love the roominess of this place (unlike Bluebird where I feel squished and way too uncomfortable) I'll go back to the Listening Room. great stage- not a bad table in the place. Food isn't bad- not all burgers. Sautéed asparagus, Mac n cheese daily spl., good salads, great burgers, steak... First impression: great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great music, good food!shu1923VIPDined on 10/19/2013This place is great for groups! We had 15 people and the staff were more than accommodating! The live music was great and there was ample space where you never felt crowded. We sat down for the "second" seating and we were given our table late because the first group of musicians ran over... The owner was apologetic to all of us and made sure we weren't inconvenienced. Also, because we were in the second seating, they ran out of certain food selections too. Overall though, good spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for touristsNashvillelocalDined on 10/18/2013My friend and I were looking for a chill place to listen to some local artists last Friday. We had heard this place advertised heavily on Lightning 100 and thought we'd give it a try. As locals, we typically avoid the Broadway area in favor of Nashville's up and coming arts scene. We should have known by the address that it would be too close to Broadway. To be fair, this is a really great place for tourists and those coming in to Nashville for a weekend to check out. The venue is great and it is great for groups. But the music was catered to tourists and older age groups wanting to "cut loose," which isn't bad, it just wasn't what we were looking for.Special Features:
- Nashville talenttravelingsticherDined on 10/16/2013Great Nasville music scene. Same performers you see at the Blue Bird Cafe with none of the hassle of getting a table like at the Bird. Good food at good prices. Reasonably priced alcohol, unlike Broadway. Great wait staff. It is possible to just drop in and have a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scots love great food and musicHappyScotsDined on 10/14/2013We had a great time at the Listening room. The music and food was excellent. Our only comment was there was far too much food to eat as we are use to far smaller portions in Scotland. The wine and beer were excellent. The bands we heard (You, me and Apollo and Derick Hultquist) were really good and helped make it yet another great night in Nashville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Key issuesGuitargeekDined on 10/14/2013Cassie, our server, was sweet and the appetizer was great. That being said, the website didn't have the correct information on the performers, the pork steak was burnt and tough, and our side was wrong initially. The entertainment was superb, however You me & Apollo really should've headlined the night. The bar service was prompt and the Yazoo was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.