The Light Horse
715 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Light Horse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thelighthorserestaurant.com/
- Phone: (703) 549-0533
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Room: Monday-Thursday 5:00-9:30, Friday-Sunday 12:00-9:30
Bar: Monday-Friday 4:00 PM-1:30 AM, Sat&Sun 12:00 PM-1:30 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adam Stein, Lor Kats
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Upstairs bar is amenable for your office or other party; buffet and bar facilities can accommodate up to 100 persons; downstairs restaurant can accommodate a similar party by special arrangements.
- Private Party Contact: Dave Pressley 7035490533
- Entertainment: This is the place to be in Old Town for live music! The Light Horse features nightly acts Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights in the upstairs bar ranging from DJs to Rock to Folk. Come check out your favorite local bands as well as some new bands we know you'll love!
A word from The Light Horse
Named after "Light Horse" Harry Lee, The Light Horse is ideally situated in the heart of Old Town Alexandria and provides a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. We offer locally-sourced, seasonal, contemporary American cuisine. Additionally, we feature affordable yet diverse wine and beer lists with samplings from all over the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Light Horse reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (10)notable wine list (9)vibrant bar scene (8)special occasion (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (4)romantic (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Have been there in the past,AaronVIPDined on 7/25/2008Have been there in the past, and enjoyed the food. This time, things were pretty greasy. Also, my wife had two pieces of chicken...one was good, and the other was awful, full of hard spots. I probably won't go back anytime soon. We ate dinner late, and the bar upstairs had a live band, so the dinner was interrupted as the music was really loud in the restaurant.
- Generous and tasty portions.DianeDined on 6/20/2008Generous and tasty portions. Service was superior! Now, that's a rare find here lately.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed our experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/16/2008We really enjoyed our experience at Bistro Europa. We were impressed by how good a find it was, as this was our first visit as a family to the Washington, DC area, and we knew nothing about places to eat there. We found the restaurant through restaurant.com which was also a first experience for us. So we didn't really know what to expect. We were pleased! Great job, Bistro Europa!!Special Features:
- This was our second visitCourtlandVIPDined on 6/13/2008This was our second visit to Bistro Europa having dined there on Valentine's Day, where they featured a special limited VD menu. This time, we ordered off the "normal" menu and we thoroughly enjoyed the food. Nice menu selections -- German, Italian, French and American cuisine. One of the few restaurants in this area to offer menu items such as Wiener Schnizel, spaetzle as well as Dover sole and veal lasagna. Lovely wine list -- lots of variety by the glass and by the bottle (and half bottle). They also offer an array of domestic and foreign beers. Nice ambience and "Old Europe" feel right in heart of Old Towne, Alexandria. As the Governator says, "We'll be back!"Special Features:
- excellent meal.. Had someOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/1/2008excellent meal.. Had some new staff that was their first day. They were eager but inexperienced.Special Features:
- The restaurant has excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2008The restaurant has excellent German food...was well presented and very good.Special Features:
- Salad was inedible. SpinachOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/9/2008Salad was inedible. Spinach had tough, long stems; mangoes were unripe, crunchy. Dressing was inappropriate--too strong, and overpowered the sweet apples in the salad.
- The food was great, and theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/8/2008The food was great, and the wait staff were friendly. However, the retaurant's romantic ambiance was offset by the smells coming from the bar upstairs.Special Features:
- The food was great. The bigOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2008The food was great. The big turnoff was the decor. Room was very dark (brown rug and dark orange walls) and tables and charis out of date. Wait staff was great and respectful.
- We had reservations for 5:00DonaldDined on 4/28/2008We had reservations for 5:00 but when we arrived at 5:00 it was not open, we waited for 10 minutes, but it was well worth it, excellent service, I will return again.Special Features:
- Appetizer of calamari wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/22/2008Appetizer of calamari was pretty bad. It tasted as if it had come from the local grocery store's frozen food section. My friend had chicken marsala and said the sauce tasted like gravy rather than true marsala sauce. On a positive note, I had the crab stuffed shrimp that were very tasty.
- The restaurant had a mustyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/13/2008The restaurant had a musty smell probably coming from the old carpet. On the positive side, the mirrors make the place look very spacious.
- A great restaurant snuggledOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/13/2008A great restaurant snuggled up in Alexandria's Old Town district. I was very impressed with the excellent service, from the maître d' to our server, to how soon we received our food. The omelette was excellent and the prices are very reasonable! I went there for lunch and was very impressed and will be returning in the near future. I think this French restaurant is a hidden gem, I wish more people knew about it, you will not be disappointed! I am going to start spreading the word!Special Features:
- Staff was very personableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2008Staff was very personable and accomadating, although our server usually worked upstairs and didn't know much. Menu had some different items, that you don't always see, so it was nice to try something different.
- Unique restaurant with niceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/9/2008Unique restaurant with nice atmosphere and outstanding service.Special Features:
- I went there for brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/23/2008I went there for brunch. This place was awful. It took twenty minutes before a waieter even stopped by. The coffee didn't come until ten minutes after the food arrived and only after tracking down the waiter and reminding him. The food was literally swimming in oil. We complained twice to the waiter and he responded by walking away. The table next to us kept clapping every time we complained because they were experiencing the same thing. Now I understand why I was able to get a noon reservation on easter sunday.
- Overall the food was wellOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/23/2008Overall the food was well prepared. However, due to the fact that this was a special holiday, the restaurant may not have been as prepared as it could have been since it appeared they did not have enough wait staff and customers had to ask for utensils and more coffee or water at long intervals between servings.Special Features:
- We had a party of six andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/22/2008We had a party of six and my wife and I have eaten at Bistro Europa several times. Most of our meals were fine and my rack of lamb was tasty. My wife, however, said her sea bass was awful. I told her she should have sent it back, but she did not want everyone waiting for her. No one else complained. We live in Old Town and have lots of choices so we will probably not come back here for a while.