175 West 7th Street
Saint Paul, MN 55102Neighborhood:
IrishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theliffey.com/
- Phone: 6515561420
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 10:30am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:30am - 10:30am;
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Daily: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Irish
- Executive Chef: Shawnte Peery
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: The Liffey entertainment calendar changes throughout the year. Please call ahead or reference our website for more information.
- Cross Street: Kellogg Blvd.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: The Liffey reimburses parking fees from Interstate Parking ramp when a minimum purchase is made. The ramp is located directly behind our pub. Simply show proof of parking, spend the minimum purchase in our pub, and we will deduct the parking charge from your guest check.
A word from The Liffey
St. Paul's Spirited Irish Pub! The Liffey Irish Pub welcomes you into our newly remodeled home, filled with warmth, color and character. Sample our enticing new menu and enjoy the friendliest service this side of the river. During the summer months, relax on our award winning rooftop patio, "The Terrace", and take in views of our capital city.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Liffey reviews from OpenTable diners
- This was a very busy eventDebDDined on 3/15/2013This was a very busy event night and the service was still excellent!Special Features:
- great Irish pubOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2013Great location and nice Irish atmosphere. Try the ice cream it's amazing.Special Features:
- The Liffey is a great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/16/2013The Liffey is a great spot for a bite before heading over to the Xcel Energy Center for a game. We arrived an hour before game time, told the server we needed to be in and out in under an hour, and she made it happen. The service is great and the five 11 year old boys I was with really enjoyed their food. They have a great gluten free menu too!Special Features:
- Liffey-nice atmoshpereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013Our family had a early dinner before the Swarm game on a Saturday. I'd heard about this place from a co-worker who said it was great. I made a reservation but there was plenty of open seating. The waitress was a little slow but friendly. I had the spicey chicken and it was fantastic, my husband had the fish and chips and said they were mushy. Looked like a great beer selection. We might go back again but will probably try some of the other restaurants in that area that we've heard about.Special Features:
- Comforting St Paul FindOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Great food and ambiance. I'd been there prior for a large group and a lunch for 2 and received great food and service both times. The street view is fun to watch and the restaurant is clean and inviting. I'll be visiting again when I'm in the area.Special Features:
- Attentive ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2013I was very happy with my Sunday brunch experience at The Liffey. I met some relatives there that live on the other side of the metro. I had asked for a quiet booth, and we were seated at a very nice private booth with curtains. The service and food was fantastic. My family and I enjoyed catching up with each other. I felt that the wait staff was friendly without being invasive.Special Features:
- Great Irish Food!JimiVIPDined on 1/12/2013We visited while the Wild were still on strike, and it was really cold out, so it was quiet. It looked like it's lively on better days. If you like Irish food, this is the place. They have a good variety, so most anyone will find something to like. Prices are reasonable to inexpensive.Special Features:
- Not good, but not horrible eitherOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2012We ate here on Christmas day, it wasn't horrible but also wasn't good enough that I would ever want to go back. The food was nothing special, typical bar food. We probably wouldn't have ever eaten here except is was one of the few places open on Christmas day.
- A Wonderful Christmas EveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2012We were very glad the Liffey was open on Christmas Eve. So few places are and this is one of our favorites on Hockey nights. Without hockey, I'm glad we could support this great place. I had the fish (Cod) & chips which is always good and my wife had the pot roast which was superior. Considering they had a light staff due to the holidays and a resonably busy night, the service was very good and our waitress was very pleasant.Special Features:
- Service was very prompt andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/15/2012Service was very prompt and friendly. Food was tasty, but nothing to rave about (it's an Irish pub, not a fine dining establishment). We ordered a cheese plate, and there was very little cheese on it. Good place to go before a play or event at the Ordway or the Xcel Center.
- We had drinks and appetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/13/2012We had drinks and appetizers and had a lovely time!Special Features:
- The pretzels in the StoutmrsmnflashDined on 12/12/2012The pretzels in the Stout Cheese dip are the best I've ever had!
- Good food at a good price.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/7/2012Good food at a good price. The pretzels were fantastic.Special Features:
- Election night at the LiffeyJulesDined on 11/6/2012Our group of ladies takes turns selecting a restaurant once a month for dinner. I have been on the Liffey's patio and loved it so we visited on election day. Very quiet in the restaurant especially with the NHL lockout but we enjoyed the atmosphere. We had a separate booth reserved for us and had very attentive staff. The Finnegan's brined chicken with sweet corn succotash was exceptional. The curry chicken also received raves. Other diners also loved the full Reuben sandwich and the mini reuben appetizer. We shared the roasted banana ice cream for dessert (Izzy's is always wonderful)! We have a book for recording our reviews. The Liffey received an overall 9 out of 10 from the 4 of us.Special Features:
- Great casual dining and aKathySDined on 10/12/2012Great casual dining and a convenient location for the Ordway or the Excel Center.Special Features:
- My wife and I had a reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/8/2012My wife and I had a really nice dinner at the Liffey. If I had to nitpick - my wife felt there should be more choices on the menu for "health conscious diners", and the wait staff rotated around in dizzying fashion - we never knew who would do what next - although, they did so nearly flawlessly. My wife enjoyed her salad, and the steak pie is very good. Smithwicks on tap is just a treat. It was surprisingly busy when we we there - but we never felt rushed - as it should be in a bar/restaurant. We will go back more often.Special Features:
- Our food was fabulous at TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/8/2012Our food was fabulous at The Liffey, and the service was excellent, what more can you ask for?Special Features:
- Six of us, women, met forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2012Six of us, women, met for lunch. Five of us had the luncheon specials, fish and chips, half a sandwich with salad and french fries, one had the Waldorf salad. Food was great, just the right portions and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Took kind of long to serveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2012Took kind of long to serve the food. And it wasnt that busySpecial Features:
- Overall good experience.stpaulguyVIPDined on 6/8/2012Overall good experience. Steak and mushroom pie was very good. Service up on the roof is just slow, so be prepared to take a while.Special Features:
- A fine evening to sit on a roofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/20122 teens, 4 adults and we all enjoyed our food. One person had a chunk of pot roast (I've seen smaller dogs) and even after sharing, had enough beef to take home. We had a variety of everything from beef to chicken to fish and chips and of course, beer. We sat on the roof and the ambiance was OK. I enjoyed my veiw of the Cathedral and Summit Hill. We could mostly hear each other talk over the Saturday evening music. (It would be nice if they occasionally popped in an Irish melody or two since it is an Irish joint, for the love of Mike.) My meal was slightly cool by the time it made it to the table. I chowed down anyway and it was tasty. Just beware--since it is outdoors, you will encounter cigarette and cigar smokers.Special Features:
- Pre-concert dinner. It wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/26/2012Pre-concert dinner. It was suitably informal for a Memorial Day weekend outing, and their tables in the back are relatively quiet. Good food, really great staff - the manager stopped by a couple times, and the server had gone to the same concert the night before, and was very enthusiastic about it.
- I was very disappointed.LekoDined on 5/13/2012I was very disappointed. Given that it is an Irish Pub we expected an Irish breakfast menu. Little did we know or expect that it is essentially the Holiday Inn restaurant for breakfast. Not at all what we had in mind. Mis-marketing from my perspective.
- very positive is all aspectsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2012very positive is all aspects - will definitely dine there againSpecial Features:
- had a reservation but thereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/18/2012had a reservation but there was only one other table occupied, some people on the patio. Too bad no one there. Food was good.Special Features:
- Another great brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/18/2012Good service as per usual. All of our meals were very good, and the kids had fun, too.Special Features:
- We went to The Liffey beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/17/2012We went to The Liffey before the Jason Aldean concert and was seated right away which was nice. Waitress was great. Drinks were good. However, the food was horrible. I realize it was a night of a concert so I'm sure the menu was limited, but it was bad. My husband had the wings with bleu cheese and he said the wings had no flavor and the bleu cheese was runny and tasteless. This comes from a man who NEVER complains. I had the chicken curry and it was not good at all. The chicken was dry and, again, not much flavor. Pretty disappointed, which is too bad because the location was convenient with the concert. This may be the reason why they don't have to worry about the quality of their food???Special Features:
- Well prepared food with aOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/28/2012Well prepared food with a reasonably varied menu. Our server was well informed and helpful with the menu.Special Features:
- I can't stop eating here!craigwhyDined on 1/18/2012Rare is the restaurant where every item on the menu is fantastic--but The Liffey is the exception! And to top it off, the draft beer selection has something for every taste. (I love the Deschuttes Black.) Tonight, I had the pot roast, which was tender, rich, and complex with slow-marinated whole carrots, boiler onions, and mushrooms that complimented the flavor perfectly. I have been unable to order another appetizer since I had the fall-off-the bone dry-rubbed wings, but the reuben sliders are special too.Special Features:
- Okay, this is heaven!craigwhyDined on 1/4/2012Originally looking for a bar with a good table for watching football, the food quickly stole the show (even though the TV view is fine). I had the dry-herbed wings (incomparable) and the curried chicken entree--very tender meat with a subtle flavor, with a house recipe Asian chili/chutney sauce adequate for clearing not only your sinuses but everyone's around you (on the side). Great beer taps and service--I'll be back!Special Features:
- A reasonably priced optionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/30/2011A reasonably priced option when attending the Ordway. Just a short walk to the play afterward. Good food. Service was average.
- We had the Winter WaldorfOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2011We had the Winter Waldorf Salad! Beyond AMAZING one of us had a side of Trout and the Other was a side of Grilled Chicken Breast! Fantastic! I told my husband I would recommend that to anyone and I want to go back weekly for this salad!! Great food had by all! Tank you!
- We were a party of 11 andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/26/2011We were a party of 11 and did request that the bill be split into two parties. The food for one party was received about 15 minutes before the second party received their food. One order was incorrect, so it took another 10 minutes for that person to get their food. We had to ask several times for water. We were charged 18% tip because we were a large party, but I didn't feel that we got any benefit from it and resented paying 18% for shoddy service.
- I've been to the Liffey before,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2011I've been to the Liffey before, but for the bar (good selection, great atmosphere and bar food) but never for a meal. The service was first rate - attentive but not intrusive, very pleasant and knowledgable about the menu. We had a child with us and there is plenty on the kids menu to keep them happy. Beginning with appetizers (calamari and stuffed mushrooms), we moved to the main course. I recommend the pot roast (limited servings, so get there early in the evening). If you are late for the pot roast, try the gnoche. The Liffey itself is worth the trip for the interior. Inside a hotel, this is not your typical hotel restaurant. The interior was from an Irish pub, shipped here in pieces to reassemble as teh Liffey.Special Features:
- My husband and I took a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/23/2011My husband and I took a friend to dinner. The food was wonderful and service outstanding. We were able to have a good time together without excess noise!Special Features:
- Would recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/16/2011Very good wine prices. Food was good and service was excellent.
- My husband & I went with anotherBigBowlEnthusiastVIPDined on 12/15/2011My husband & I went with another couple before a play at the Ordway for dinner. We had the ginger chicken shots as an appetizer and it was delicious - although I may recommend ordering two for a group of 4. I had the Quinoa Salad - which I found a bit bland, would definitely recommend adding fish or chicken. The Waldorf salad was amazing. Pot Roast Entree was top notch & the Fish & Chips was well prepared. We did order dessert and the Negra cake was amazing. The bread pudding was good - and we would not recommend the apple crisp - much to tart.Special Features:
- Great Fish and ChipsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/2/2011Fish and chips were perfect - absolutely delicious. Menu seemed to be the standard pub fare. Uncomfortable seating.
- Good food. Nice drinks.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/19/2011Good food. Nice drinks. I didn't know that there was a hockey game that same night, so the place was very busy, and subsequently too loud. If you're looking for a moderate to low noise night, find out beforehand if there's something going on at the nearby XCel Energy Center that night. Help staff seemed understaffed for that 2 hour period prior to the game, when it was too packed.Special Features: