The Library Restaurant - Myrtle Beach
1212 North Kings Hwy
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
The Library Restaurant - Myrtle Beach
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thelibraryrestaurantsc.com/
- Phone: 8434484527x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, French
- Executive Chef: Jesseriah Gass
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private rooms available for up to 40 persons. We also have a wine cellar room just for 2.(minimums do apply)
- Private Party Contact: Shad Velasco 8434484527x
A word from The Library Restaurant - Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach's only 3 Star Restaurant since 1974. Specializing in tableside service. From the Caesar salad to Bananas Flambe. The Library Restaurant represents perfection. Special occasions, Anniversaries, Birthdays or just a time to indulge. Private rooms available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Library Restaurant - Myrtle Beach - Best Restaurants in Myrtle Beach ›
The Library Restaurant - Myrtle Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (49)romantic (48)notable wine list (32)fit for foodies (24)neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (7)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Went here for our anniversary, and it was excellent! When you get a table, it's yours for the night. The ceaser salad prepared table side is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in Myrtle BeachDonna0313Dined on 10/15/2014The Library Restaurant was recommended to us as a great place to go to celebrate my husband's birthday. This is by far one of the best restaurants we have EVER eaten in. Aside from the service, which was impeccable, the food was fresh, well prepared and served hot. We ordered something not listed on the menu and it was prepared just for us! A service that is not the norm that is for sure. We did not have dessert, as we were so full from the appetizers and dinner we had to pass, next time I will leave room. This is for sure a must if you are looking for a restaurant with class and food and wine to die for! We will be back!Special Features:
- Oldie but goodieFoodcraveVIPDined on 10/10/2014The decor is old but intentional, and kitschy. Food was great the appearance from the street made me second guess entering, but it was well worth! I'd go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/9/2014Outstanding - tableside service was terrific, waiter was excellent, and food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2fishDined on 10/6/2014Great food in a quaint atmosphere. Service was above average with the timing between courses and attention to detail. A little pricey but overall a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/3/2014Having read great reviews, we expected more. The service was excellent but the food consistently failed to live up to expectations. The "signature" caesar salad was vinegary; the steak tasteless and the duck breast tough and dry. Might have been okay if the prices were reflective of the quality but at over $250 for a three course meal we will not be returning.
- Wonderful!luv2dineDined on 9/24/2014Excellent table-side dining! The food is always outstanding and the service is beyond compare! Best spot in Myrtle Beach for a celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dining pleasureBG920Dined on 9/20/2014have eaten at the Library twice now, and have enjoyed it both times and look forward on our next trip to visit it again. Food is great, also service. Don't pass up the caesar salad, its the best!Special Features:
- Good but not greatmartiDined on 9/17/2014I had expected much better but I won't say I was disappointed or won't go back. I expected it to be pricey and it was but the house salad was very plain - lettuce only - and the food wasn't anything that made you say 'awesome!' but I might go back and try it once more before I make my final decision. Just not neary as good as I imagined it would beSpecial Features:
- Library ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014My wife and I always make a special effort to go to the Library when we are in Myrtle Beach. It is one of those off the beaten path restaurants that you stumble across and then can't wait until your next visit.Special Features:
- francineetrobertDined on 9/13/2014We think that it is the best restaurant in Myrtle Beach. We went this year to celebrate Robert's birthay. Another time, our frinds came along to celebrate their 45th years anniversery of mariage. They tought place was great. The ambiance , the food and the service is great. The crepe suzette is fantastic. Once you try it, you come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every way!BrianWDined on 9/11/2014Our evening at the Library was perfect in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousJDandKDDined on 9/6/2014Outside does not look like much. But the inside was quaint and had a certain onviance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The filet mignon with Parisian mushroom sauce was fantastic. The Escargot and Filet mignon were delicious. I highly recommend the Library if you want a fine dining experience in Myrtle Beach.Special Features:
- Superb!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/2/2014My wife and I eat out all the time and thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at The Library. The food was exceptional from the mushroom gruyere appetizer, the grouper dinner to the banana's foster desert. The staff was friendly and made sure we were always taken care of. GREAT JOB!!!!!Special Features:
- SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/1/2014Perfect quiet dinner for our anniversary. Food was excellent, staff were very friendly. We really enjoyed our dinner there.Special Features:
- Amazing Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Wonderful choice for my wife's birthday dinner--exceptional service, wonderful food, and a great overall experience. Cream of Crab soup was terrific, and this is coming from a Maryland native with high standards. Small intimate atmosphere with personal attention from staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJulieVIPDined on 8/27/2014I love this place! It's a gem with great service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SIMPLY SUPERBINTHEHOUSEDined on 8/25/2014EVERYTHING WAS OUTSTANDING, FOOD WAS MARVELOUS, DRINKS WERE GREAT, SERVICE TOP NOTCH, GREAT HOSPITALITY !!!!!Special Features:
- Too much for what you get .GoodyDined on 8/22/2014The place looks really outdated . The staff was polite but it felt more like a act than genuine ! Everything is priced like a five star restaurant when you are really getting 3 star service. My wife was disappointed!
- Traditional but still greatpoppy227Dined on 8/20/2014The Library is one of the best restaurants in Myrtle Beach. Both the service and food are impeccable. Their steaks are so tender, you can cut them with your fork! Try 'Steak Diane'. Your server will cook the steak by your table side and cook to your order. You will be treated very well and enjoy the whole dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/19/2014As usual, this restaurant provided a superb dining experience. The food was prepared as well as one can expect, and the service (Shayne) was impeccable. This is why we visit every time we are in Myrtle Beach.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 8/14/2014I expected much more. The menu had beef carpaccio but what was served was more of a roast beef.Special Features:
- A wonderful find!ChrisDined on 8/12/2014Truly an upscale restaurant which is typically hard to find in a family beach area. Service was welcoming and impeccable. Food was delicious.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant in MBanniversary29Dined on 8/11/2014Great restaurant that still focuses on providing superbly personalized customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu duck item concernBreastlessDined on 8/8/2014The menu describes the duck as one half of a duck. I was served (2) leg quarters which were not semi-boneless instead of a leg quarter and a breast. Greatly disappointed.
- Great service!Luv2travelDined on 8/7/2014My husband and I were there for his birthday during our vacation at Myrtle beach. The wait stuff were superb and well trained. The food is pricy but the whole experience make it well worth the money. It is a great place for special occasion to pamper you loved ones. The only thing I wish to be better is the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better on the inside and outside.niceplaceDined on 8/1/2014Simply the best part of any vacation at Myrtle Beach if FINE dinning is to be a part of the vacation. The She-Crab soup is a must to sample.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTICexecfwVIPDined on 7/28/2014This is a really, really fine restaurant. Service was spectacular and food absolutely wonderful. Steaks, salad, calamari, sides---everything superb. Wine list only thing not spectacular--just ok. Don't miss this wonderful spot. Best in Myrtle Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best French Restaurant Ever!MedicllawDined on 7/25/2014The Library Restaurant is always consistently above excellent! Always looking forward to going back for another wonderful meal!Special Features:
- Good but could be better...Marscup2VIPDined on 7/23/2014Read reviews. Decided to give it a try. Did not live up to the hype. I ordered flounder special. Dry and overdone. Disappointing give the locale! My husband ordered the duck. Waiter never asked about doneness - which means in a better restaurant, that duck will arrive medium rare - and the (expensive) dish was well done. Strike two. Thankfully, the blueberry ice cream was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When In Myrtle Beach.The Best!MedicllawDined on 7/22/2014The greatest experience ever from the greeting upon entry, to the atmosphere, drinks, notable craft beers :) and to die for food! Thanks Danny and all for a wonderful experience! See ya Friday!Special Features:
- Wonderful DinnerKennnnnDined on 7/21/2014We had a very nice dinner here. The service is 5 star. The table side Cesar Salad is worth making a trip for by itself. I had a filet and lobster entree and my wife had a salmon dish and both were exquisite.Special Features:
- Loved it! Definitely going back!BobandPattyDined on 7/18/2014Everything about 'The Library Restaurant' was special, from the freindly reception when we walked in the door to when our waitor held the door offering us mints on our way out. The drinks were delicous, especially the blue smurfs that my children had. The house salad was refreshing and the cucmber doira soup was crisp and fresh. Everyone loved the pasta and seafood we had for our main course as well. Throughout the entire meal, the service was impecable, freindly and attentive without being overbearing. My only knock would be a lack of a child's menu or portion sizing, because even after splitting a pasta dish between 2 of them, we stil had a lot leftover. Overall, this restaurant is a real neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but not cheapOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/16/2014Food was good. Service was excellent. Table side Caesar salad was fun to watch and delicious. Total bill was on the high side. Did not appreciate upsell of vegetables table side upon delivery of main course. Those should be included.Special Features:
- ExcellentNateDined on 7/15/2014Food was unbelievable, service was great and very polite. Their wine list is extensive along with a great craft beer selection. This is the kind of experience you want with the expense. Would definitely go here again and recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Library Special OccasionluvgoodrestaurantDined on 7/7/2014My husband took me for my Birthday. It is a wonderful restaurant, it is French food, excellent wine choices and excellent food. Service is so great, they are very attentive, you will want for nothing the entire night. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night!JsapertonVIPDined on 7/7/2014Excellent place to go for a special occasion, I recommend only adults. Food and service were excellent, the Library Mushrooms and Steak Diane were some of the best restaurant food I have had. The table side prep for Caesar, Steak Diane and Bananas Foster added to the experience. Danny was our waiter and he was great. Definitely a must for a wonderful date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/5/2014the food was overpriced...the salad that came with the entree was ok but nothing else was served with the entrees. my husband ordered the duck...the waiter asked if he wanted orange or cherry sauce. my husband replied that it only stated orange on the menu and the waiter said, i know but there is cherry available. so my husband said he would take the cherry. well, we get our bill and there was an up charge for the cherry sauce! and we were already over paying for the duck! will not return...unless they lower their prices and revamp the menu, lol
- unique findTheGreekCritiqueDined on 7/4/2014The experience at the library was unique, quite mixed to the extreme. When first walking in, the thing that hit me first ( or my nose, I should say) was the smell! The carpet MUST go! There is no question the carpet is as old as the restaurant, and smells strong of mold and must! We almost didn't stay, and I was cautious at this point about how the food might be. So , we tried the lightly spicy she-crab bisque. .. to my pleasant surprise, it was quite tasty, perfect consistency, however, an odd hint of rosemary flavor, which I didn't love. So, we proceeded with more appetizers, which were outstanding:ultra tender beef carpaccio and delicate tasty blue lump crab meat! We went on to have 2 delicious meals! I'll stop now, I'm out of roomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.