The Library Restaurant - Myrtle Beach
1212 North Kings Hwy
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
The Library Restaurant - Myrtle Beach
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thelibraryrestaurantsc.com/
- Phone: (843) 448-4527
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, French
- Executive Chef: Jesseriah Gass
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private rooms available for up to 40 persons. We also have a wine cellar room just for 2.(minimums do apply)
- Private Party Contact: Shad Velasco 8434484527x
A word from The Library Restaurant - Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach's only 3 Star Restaurant since 1974. Specializing in tableside service. From the Caesar salad to Bananas Flambe. The Library Restaurant represents perfection. Special occasions, Anniversaries, Birthdays or just a time to indulge. Private rooms available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Library Restaurant - Myrtle Beach - Best Restaurants in Myrtle Beach ›
The Library Restaurant - Myrtle Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (44)romantic (42)notable wine list (33)fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Fair food and poor serviceFrenchfoodieDined on 11/18/2014We were the only customers on a Tuesday evening, yet waiter approached us every minute ten times before we ordered. Veal was extremely salty. Escargots and banana foster very good.Special Features:
- Great food and wine matchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014The food was of superior quality and the eye appeal on presentation got us off to a great start. Best of all was the knowledge the staff had about wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food I've possibly ever had!Mels2centsDined on 11/6/2014The best part of the evening was the vip service we experienced!! All of the staff catered to our every need and cared about our experience! Impressive to say the least!! The filet and lobster were amazing!! I started with the she-crab bisque....to die for!! My friend had the strip....excellent!! The tableside, banana flambe finished off our amazing evening! We will be back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent serviceByrdDined on 11/4/2014I took my wife here for our 25 anniversary and it was an experience she will never forget. the service here went ver and beyond to make it the most memorble experience one could have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014First time I've been there. Wonderful from beginning to end. Highly recommend going here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!ben97alana00VIPDined on 10/31/2014The Library doesn't look like much outside, but upon entering it's a wonderful dining experience. From the friendly hostess, Jennifer, to the very knowledgeable wait staff and the excellent food and service, it was an extremely delightful evening. Upon being seated we were told the table was ours for the evening and courses were spaced appropriately so we could totally enjoy everything. I can't say enough about the very perfect food and service. We will certainly return to The Library again when visiting Myrtle Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/25/2014Plan on relaxing, enjoy the service, table side cooking and an owner who makes you feel right at home. The caesar is made at the table as is the Steak Dianna which was about the best cut of meat I have ever had. The menu is limited but varied and although I was to full for dessert they looked excellentI would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!! Must go!!ReservedReviewerDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I travel extensively and I can honestly say that this has been the absolute best dining experience of our lives! Spend the extra money and the extra time to make this an evening destination. To properly enjoy the evening set aside at least $100 per person and 3 hours of time. One of the countless charms of this place is that they DO NOT TURN TABLES. If you make a reservation, you are reserving the table for the entire evening. The food was flawless, the waiters are exceptional and the owner/chef is one of the most talented people we have met. He has created an unparalleled gem, that in our opinion, is still undiscovered.Special Features:
- Wonderful MemorieselegantdiningDined on 10/23/2014We have been going to The Library for 39 years, but had not been in a while. We were pleased to discover it is still a truly special, romantic dining experience. We missed going and were so pleased to discover it is still so great. We have celebrated many anniversaries at The Library!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!JerseyDinerDined on 10/22/2014A quiet place with great food for that special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goremayDined on 10/21/2014a bit pricey - but they had me at she crab soup service was excellent online reservation worked out greatSpecial Features:
- Perfection!myrtlebeachDined on 10/18/2014Went here for our anniversary, and it was excellent! When you get a table, it's yours for the night. The ceaser salad prepared table side is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good special occasion restaurantbilld10Dined on 10/15/2014Food was very good, but there were some items the waiter offered us that cost extra but we were not informed until the bill came. Wine was fairly priced.Special Features:
- Great find in Myrtle BeachDonna0313Dined on 10/15/2014The Library Restaurant was recommended to us as a great place to go to celebrate my husband's birthday. This is by far one of the best restaurants we have EVER eaten in. Aside from the service, which was impeccable, the food was fresh, well prepared and served hot. We ordered something not listed on the menu and it was prepared just for us! A service that is not the norm that is for sure. We did not have dessert, as we were so full from the appetizers and dinner we had to pass, next time I will leave room. This is for sure a must if you are looking for a restaurant with class and food and wine to die for! We will be back!Special Features:
- Oldie but goodieFoodcraveVIPDined on 10/10/2014The decor is old but intentional, and kitschy. Food was great the appearance from the street made me second guess entering, but it was well worth! I'd go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/9/2014Outstanding - tableside service was terrific, waiter was excellent, and food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2fishDined on 10/6/2014Great food in a quaint atmosphere. Service was above average with the timing between courses and attention to detail. A little pricey but overall a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/3/2014Having read great reviews, we expected more. The service was excellent but the food consistently failed to live up to expectations. The "signature" caesar salad was vinegary; the steak tasteless and the duck breast tough and dry. Might have been okay if the prices were reflective of the quality but at over $250 for a three course meal we will not be returning.
- Wonderful!luv2dineDined on 9/24/2014Excellent table-side dining! The food is always outstanding and the service is beyond compare! Best spot in Myrtle Beach for a celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dining pleasureBG920Dined on 9/20/2014have eaten at the Library twice now, and have enjoyed it both times and look forward on our next trip to visit it again. Food is great, also service. Don't pass up the caesar salad, its the best!Special Features:
- Good but not greatmartiDined on 9/17/2014I had expected much better but I won't say I was disappointed or won't go back. I expected it to be pricey and it was but the house salad was very plain - lettuce only - and the food wasn't anything that made you say 'awesome!' but I might go back and try it once more before I make my final decision. Just not neary as good as I imagined it would beSpecial Features:
- Library ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014My wife and I always make a special effort to go to the Library when we are in Myrtle Beach. It is one of those off the beaten path restaurants that you stumble across and then can't wait until your next visit.Special Features:
- francineetrobertDined on 9/13/2014We think that it is the best restaurant in Myrtle Beach. We went this year to celebrate Robert's birthay. Another time, our frinds came along to celebrate their 45th years anniversery of mariage. They tought place was great. The ambiance , the food and the service is great. The crepe suzette is fantastic. Once you try it, you come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every way!BrianWDined on 9/11/2014Our evening at the Library was perfect in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousJDandKDDined on 9/6/2014Outside does not look like much. But the inside was quaint and had a certain onviance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The filet mignon with Parisian mushroom sauce was fantastic. The Escargot and Filet mignon were delicious. I highly recommend the Library if you want a fine dining experience in Myrtle Beach.Special Features:
- Superb!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/2/2014My wife and I eat out all the time and thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at The Library. The food was exceptional from the mushroom gruyere appetizer, the grouper dinner to the banana's foster desert. The staff was friendly and made sure we were always taken care of. GREAT JOB!!!!!Special Features:
- SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/1/2014Perfect quiet dinner for our anniversary. Food was excellent, staff were very friendly. We really enjoyed our dinner there.Special Features:
- Amazing Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Wonderful choice for my wife's birthday dinner--exceptional service, wonderful food, and a great overall experience. Cream of Crab soup was terrific, and this is coming from a Maryland native with high standards. Small intimate atmosphere with personal attention from staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJulieVIPDined on 8/27/2014I love this place! It's a gem with great service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SIMPLY SUPERBINTHEHOUSEDined on 8/25/2014EVERYTHING WAS OUTSTANDING, FOOD WAS MARVELOUS, DRINKS WERE GREAT, SERVICE TOP NOTCH, GREAT HOSPITALITY !!!!!Special Features:
- Too much for what you get .GoodyDined on 8/22/2014The place looks really outdated . The staff was polite but it felt more like a act than genuine ! Everything is priced like a five star restaurant when you are really getting 3 star service. My wife was disappointed!
- Traditional but still greatpoppy227Dined on 8/20/2014The Library is one of the best restaurants in Myrtle Beach. Both the service and food are impeccable. Their steaks are so tender, you can cut them with your fork! Try 'Steak Diane'. Your server will cook the steak by your table side and cook to your order. You will be treated very well and enjoy the whole dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/19/2014As usual, this restaurant provided a superb dining experience. The food was prepared as well as one can expect, and the service (Shayne) was impeccable. This is why we visit every time we are in Myrtle Beach.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 8/14/2014I expected much more. The menu had beef carpaccio but what was served was more of a roast beef.Special Features:
- A wonderful find!ChrisDined on 8/12/2014Truly an upscale restaurant which is typically hard to find in a family beach area. Service was welcoming and impeccable. Food was delicious.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant in MBanniversary29Dined on 8/11/2014Great restaurant that still focuses on providing superbly personalized customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu duck item concernBreastlessDined on 8/8/2014The menu describes the duck as one half of a duck. I was served (2) leg quarters which were not semi-boneless instead of a leg quarter and a breast. Greatly disappointed.
- Great service!Luv2travelDined on 8/7/2014My husband and I were there for his birthday during our vacation at Myrtle beach. The wait stuff were superb and well trained. The food is pricy but the whole experience make it well worth the money. It is a great place for special occasion to pamper you loved ones. The only thing I wish to be better is the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better on the inside and outside.niceplaceDined on 8/1/2014Simply the best part of any vacation at Myrtle Beach if FINE dinning is to be a part of the vacation. The She-Crab soup is a must to sample.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.