The Library Restaurant - Myrtle Beach
1212 North Kings Hwy
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
The Library Restaurant - Myrtle Beach
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thelibraryrestaurantsc.com/
- Phone: 8434484527x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, French
- Executive Chef: Jesseriah Gass
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private rooms available for up to 40 persons. We also have a wine cellar room just for 2.(minimums do apply)
- Private Party Contact: Shad Velasco 8434484527x
A word from The Library Restaurant - Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach's only 3 Star Restaurant since 1974. Specializing in tableside service. From the Caesar salad to Bananas Flambe. The Library Restaurant represents perfection. Special occasions, Anniversaries, Birthdays or just a time to indulge. Private rooms available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Library Restaurant - Myrtle Beach - Best Restaurants in Myrtle Beach ›
The Library Restaurant - Myrtle Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (46)romantic (45)notable wine list (32)fit for foodies (29)neighborhood gem (23)good for groups (7)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Library ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014My wife and I always make a special effort to go to the Library when we are in Myrtle Beach. It is one of those off the beaten path restaurants that you stumble across and then can't wait until your next visit.Special Features:
- fabulousJDandKDDined on 9/6/2014Outside does not look like much. But the inside was quaint and had a certain onviance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The filet mignon with Parisian mushroom sauce was fantastic. The Escargot and Filet mignon were delicious. I highly recommend the Library if you want a fine dining experience in Myrtle Beach.Special Features:
- Superb!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/2/2014My wife and I eat out all the time and thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at The Library. The food was exceptional from the mushroom gruyere appetizer, the grouper dinner to the banana's foster desert. The staff was friendly and made sure we were always taken care of. GREAT JOB!!!!!Special Features:
- SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/1/2014Perfect quiet dinner for our anniversary. Food was excellent, staff were very friendly. We really enjoyed our dinner there.Special Features:
- Amazing Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Wonderful choice for my wife's birthday dinner--exceptional service, wonderful food, and a great overall experience. Cream of Crab soup was terrific, and this is coming from a Maryland native with high standards. Small intimate atmosphere with personal attention from staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJulieVIPDined on 8/27/2014I love this place! It's a gem with great service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SIMPLY SUPERBINTHEHOUSEDined on 8/25/2014EVERYTHING WAS OUTSTANDING, FOOD WAS MARVELOUS, DRINKS WERE GREAT, SERVICE TOP NOTCH, GREAT HOSPITALITY !!!!!Special Features:
- Too much for what you get .GoodyDined on 8/22/2014The place looks really outdated . The staff was polite but it felt more like a act than genuine ! Everything is priced like a five star restaurant when you are really getting 3 star service. My wife was disappointed!
- Traditional but still greatpoppy227Dined on 8/20/2014The Library is one of the best restaurants in Myrtle Beach. Both the service and food are impeccable. Their steaks are so tender, you can cut them with your fork! Try 'Steak Diane'. Your server will cook the steak by your table side and cook to your order. You will be treated very well and enjoy the whole dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/19/2014As usual, this restaurant provided a superb dining experience. The food was prepared as well as one can expect, and the service (Shayne) was impeccable. This is why we visit every time we are in Myrtle Beach.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 8/14/2014I expected much more. The menu had beef carpaccio but what was served was more of a roast beef.Special Features:
- A wonderful find!ChrisDined on 8/12/2014Truly an upscale restaurant which is typically hard to find in a family beach area. Service was welcoming and impeccable. Food was delicious.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant in MBanniversary29Dined on 8/11/2014Great restaurant that still focuses on providing superbly personalized customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu duck item concernBreastlessDined on 8/8/2014The menu describes the duck as one half of a duck. I was served (2) leg quarters which were not semi-boneless instead of a leg quarter and a breast. Greatly disappointed.
- Great service!Luv2travelDined on 8/7/2014My husband and I were there for his birthday during our vacation at Myrtle beach. The wait stuff were superb and well trained. The food is pricy but the whole experience make it well worth the money. It is a great place for special occasion to pamper you loved ones. The only thing I wish to be better is the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better on the inside and outside.niceplaceDined on 8/1/2014Simply the best part of any vacation at Myrtle Beach if FINE dinning is to be a part of the vacation. The She-Crab soup is a must to sample.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTICexecfwVIPDined on 7/28/2014This is a really, really fine restaurant. Service was spectacular and food absolutely wonderful. Steaks, salad, calamari, sides---everything superb. Wine list only thing not spectacular--just ok. Don't miss this wonderful spot. Best in Myrtle Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best French Restaurant Ever!MedicllawDined on 7/25/2014The Library Restaurant is always consistently above excellent! Always looking forward to going back for another wonderful meal!Special Features:
- Good but could be better...Marscup2VIPDined on 7/23/2014Read reviews. Decided to give it a try. Did not live up to the hype. I ordered flounder special. Dry and overdone. Disappointing give the locale! My husband ordered the duck. Waiter never asked about doneness - which means in a better restaurant, that duck will arrive medium rare - and the (expensive) dish was well done. Strike two. Thankfully, the blueberry ice cream was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When In Myrtle Beach.The Best!MedicllawDined on 7/22/2014The greatest experience ever from the greeting upon entry, to the atmosphere, drinks, notable craft beers :) and to die for food! Thanks Danny and all for a wonderful experience! See ya Friday!Special Features:
- Wonderful DinnerKennnnnDined on 7/21/2014We had a very nice dinner here. The service is 5 star. The table side Cesar Salad is worth making a trip for by itself. I had a filet and lobster entree and my wife had a salmon dish and both were exquisite.Special Features:
- Loved it! Definitely going back!BobandPattyDined on 7/18/2014Everything about 'The Library Restaurant' was special, from the freindly reception when we walked in the door to when our waitor held the door offering us mints on our way out. The drinks were delicous, especially the blue smurfs that my children had. The house salad was refreshing and the cucmber doira soup was crisp and fresh. Everyone loved the pasta and seafood we had for our main course as well. Throughout the entire meal, the service was impecable, freindly and attentive without being overbearing. My only knock would be a lack of a child's menu or portion sizing, because even after splitting a pasta dish between 2 of them, we stil had a lot leftover. Overall, this restaurant is a real neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but not cheapOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/16/2014Food was good. Service was excellent. Table side Caesar salad was fun to watch and delicious. Total bill was on the high side. Did not appreciate upsell of vegetables table side upon delivery of main course. Those should be included.Special Features:
- ExcellentNateDined on 7/15/2014Food was unbelievable, service was great and very polite. Their wine list is extensive along with a great craft beer selection. This is the kind of experience you want with the expense. Would definitely go here again and recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Library Special OccasionluvgoodrestaurantDined on 7/7/2014My husband took me for my Birthday. It is a wonderful restaurant, it is French food, excellent wine choices and excellent food. Service is so great, they are very attentive, you will want for nothing the entire night. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night!JsapertonVIPDined on 7/7/2014Excellent place to go for a special occasion, I recommend only adults. Food and service were excellent, the Library Mushrooms and Steak Diane were some of the best restaurant food I have had. The table side prep for Caesar, Steak Diane and Bananas Foster added to the experience. Danny was our waiter and he was great. Definitely a must for a wonderful date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/5/2014the food was overpriced...the salad that came with the entree was ok but nothing else was served with the entrees. my husband ordered the duck...the waiter asked if he wanted orange or cherry sauce. my husband replied that it only stated orange on the menu and the waiter said, i know but there is cherry available. so my husband said he would take the cherry. well, we get our bill and there was an up charge for the cherry sauce! and we were already over paying for the duck! will not return...unless they lower their prices and revamp the menu, lol
- unique findTheGreekCritiqueDined on 7/4/2014The experience at the library was unique, quite mixed to the extreme. When first walking in, the thing that hit me first ( or my nose, I should say) was the smell! The carpet MUST go! There is no question the carpet is as old as the restaurant, and smells strong of mold and must! We almost didn't stay, and I was cautious at this point about how the food might be. So , we tried the lightly spicy she-crab bisque. .. to my pleasant surprise, it was quite tasty, perfect consistency, however, an odd hint of rosemary flavor, which I didn't love. So, we proceeded with more appetizers, which were outstanding:ultra tender beef carpaccio and delicate tasty blue lump crab meat! We went on to have 2 delicious meals! I'll stop now, I'm out of roomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet food at the beachLuvMBDined on 6/30/2014Split a delicious lump crab cocktail followed by a fine salad with home made dressing and croutons. Main dishes were specials- Scottish salmon and black grouper were both excellent. No room for desert. Waiter Danny is an old pro. While pricey the food quality and preparation was outstanding in this old school continental style restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special PlaceDRJMMDined on 6/21/2014From first being greeted at the door, till leaving extremely satisfied, a very special place. Food and service was 1st class. The She crab soup was rich and tasty, with an extra kick to it. I had the duck with cherry sauce, which was prepared just right. Will be returning on a regular basis.Special Features:
- Always a Favorite!AnonVIPDined on 6/18/2014There is a reason to make this the last place to dine in Myrtle Beach - it out classes all the rest in consistency at every level. Don't pass on the carrots. Try the veal and shrimp or steak diane (my personal favorites) and the champagne infused blueberry homemade ice cream.Special Features:
- Truly a great find at the beach!PhillJDined on 6/13/2014Highly recommend. Great food, service and atmosphere. We had a reservation and arrived early. They sat us right flown and started our service with no issue! We will make this a regular stop. Food was outstanding. A little on the pricey dude but well worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweetbreads and moreGlenDined on 6/2/2014We had two great meals there. My wife had veal and I had the sweetbreads. My first time for those and they were delicious! It was a quiet Monday night with just a few other patrons. We were welcomed by the owner/chef and treated well. I would certainly go there again for a special meal. It was one of the best in almost 3 weeks of travel.Special Features:
- As wonderful, and a leisurely pace!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/30/2014We have been to Per Se, The French Laundry, and the Plumed Horse. These are notable restaurants. The Library deserves an equal gold star. The food was prepared with even tones of surprise. Their menu is traditional in a way that comforts a diner to know that there are still locations striving to create fabulous tender steak in wonderful sauces, table-side. My husband had the special and found the fish fresh and cooked to perfection with a sensational sauce. The following evening we went to Aspen Grille. As much as this location was hoping with the young and trendy the food was ok. The sauces were over seasoned, there was no balance to the proportions of food served with the entree. Go to The Library you will not regret it.Special Features:
- finedinerDined on 5/22/2014Excellent food and service. My husband cut his filet with a butter knife. Everything was seasoned and cooked to perfection. We've eaten at several Top Chef restaurants and this had them beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Texan6VIPDined on 5/20/2014I have been visiting the Library on every trip to Myrtle Beach for the last eight years and every meal has been superb.Special Features:
- The following 343 reviews are from the The Library Restaurant - Myrtle Beach reviews archive.
- FANTASTICAberDined on 5/17/2014What a find!!! My now, most favorite restaurant in Myrtle Beach!!! Food was WONDERFUL!!! Staff and owner were DELIGHTFUL!!! Can't wait to get back to Myrtle Beach and have another great meal at The Library. Have already verbally shared info about this restaurant with friends who frequent Myrtle Beach. Do not miss this experience!Special Features:
- The way we wereFantasticDined on 5/10/2014We first visited the Library 39 years ago on our first anniversary and while back in the area we returned to find the same great food/service and ambience we remembered... An outstanding restaurant that we always recommend.Special Features:
- Elegant DinningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014The Library provided an elegant and romantic atmosphere for our dining experience. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable about the food and the wine and were accommodating for my wife's dietary needs.Special Features: