1307 Dundas St. West
Toronto, ON M6J 1X8Neighborhood:
Little Portugal / Dundas West
Bar / Lounge / Bottle ServicePrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thelibertinespeak.com/
- Phone: 6477488288
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 7:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Libertine
Speakeasy - Palm Readings - TarotContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Libertine reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance1Noise LevelQuiet
notable wine list (1)Show More
- not openck006489VIPDined on 7/30/2014We made a res for 6ppl and when we got the it was not open. Looked like it had not been open for days and we called them an the message said leave a message for reservation and gave their hours. This was a team event I organize that was a disaster and embarrassing. Who has a restaurant and does that.Special Features:
- Not open when I arrivedShelleyDined on 7/8/2014I made a reservation for 7 pm Tuesday on Open table. It's when they first open for the week. I was taking a friend out for her birthday, but alas all was dark in the Libertine.
- Best for late night not for dinnerwhatsfordinnerDined on 5/17/2014The food here is really quite good, tapas style, small menu but everything is quite delicious. I went once with a group of girls around 8:30pm and we had a great time. I wanted to bring my husband back for dinner because I'd loved it so much the first time - my husband and I got there around 7:30pm and the place was empty. It felt a little weird being in such a large restaurant with no one there but us - the food was still good the second time - the cured fish with cucumber is my favourite. Overall I'd definitely recommend this place for later evening snacks and drinks/girls night out but I guess it isn't meant as a regular dinner place.Special Features:
- Great Food, Even Better Service!lexitupDined on 4/16/2014Opposite to what you may think of a speakeasy themed restaurant hidden away under a tarot card sign, the atmosphere and service is far from pretentious. The food was delicious: I would definitely recommend the brussel sprouts and the oysters were very fresh. The atmosphere was sexy and dim, a great place for romantic conversation or a meeting with friends. I would caution, however, that it was on a weekday and I have heard Friday and Saturday they pack up quick. All in all it was a great time and I would recommend trying this place out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A flash in the panJayjayVIPDined on 3/22/2014This hidden speakeasy will probably really impress any hipsters you take there. The service was poor and the food and drink menu was pretentious.
- Go for the drinksActionDined on 3/7/2014The cocktails at the Libertine are great. The food was good, some dishes only ok, and not worth the slightly overpriced ticket. The dishes are only ok for sharing as most have 3 items on it. My friend and had to cut many items in half. Just put four pieces of chicken, 4 scallops, etc. The service was attentive, a little too much. Our waiter kept coming over for quick conversation. At first it was endearing as he was quite a character, but it quickly became annoying as I was there to catch up with my friend and not hear 'crazy' stories from my waiter's playboy lifestyle. Decent. Probably wouldn't go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/9/2014Booked an 11:30 table. Arrived to a lineup. When finally in there was no host, no table-just a loud crowded bar. Asked two staff about getting a table and food-both walked away not to return. The third person we asked informed us that the kitchen was closed. This place should not be listed on Open Table-it is a bar, not a restaurant.
- Birthday eventLAECDined on 1/18/2014A group of us had dinner, service was slow one of our items ordered never came out but was on the bill(was corrected). It's a great place to go for drinks and order at the bar. Would not recommend for dining.Special Features: