The Libertine Liquor Bar
38 East Washington St
Indianapolis, IN 46205Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Libertine Liquor Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://libertineindy.com/
- Phone: 3176313333x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday & Thursday: 4:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m.
MUST BE 21 YEARS + TO ENTER
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Neal Brown ~ Chef de Cuisine Erin Till
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please check our website or call for details on how we can personalize your next business or social event!
- Private Party Contact: Lindy Brown 3176313333x
- Special Events: Late Night Menu begins at 10pm!
- Cross Street: Pennsylvania Street
- Public Transit: Public Transportation stops are conveniently located directly in front of our building on Washington Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is available on both Pennsylvania and Washington Streets or in the parking lot directly across the street after 5:00 p.m.
A word from The Libertine Liquor Bar
The Libertine Liquor Bar celebrates the untamed, pioneering American Spirit with a focus on classic cocktails, craft distillers, boutique wines and an ever evolving menu to best accompany them...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
The Libertine Liquor Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
The Libertine Liquor Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (27)vibrant bar scene (26)hot spot (16)special occasion (12)late-night find (12)neighborhood gem (9)romantic (8)notable wine list (4)good for groups (4)Show More
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The servers and bartenders are so knowledgeable about cocktails and made great suggestions. The food was delicious and it was a great escape from the norm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devour DowntownHeatherDined on 8/28/2014Went here for devour downtown. The food was amazing and the service was spot on. Lovely night out.Special Features:
- Great food, fair pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2014Great Devour menu. For appetizers, you should try the deviled eggs and a flight of bacon. Specialty cocktails lead to ordering something to get you out of the drink-box. Our server suggested a great glass of wine to accompany our meal. Our server was great, but something happened in the kitchen. It took more than an hour to get our meal. I thought maybe a visit from the manager was warranted, but apparently not.Special Features:
- Give it a missProfeshukDined on 8/22/2014This place was a joke. Horrible food but even worse service. Waited 10 minutes to just get a waitress to our table who then ran off before we could even get our drinks order in. Food was overpriced + underwhelming to say the least. Just swerve this place for dinner. A drink, maybe.
- Wonderful4ColtsFansVIPDined on 8/16/2014We ate at the Libertine before the first Colts game of the season. $ of us Each had something different, and shared a couple of appetizers. All of it was wonderful. We will be back.Special Features:
- Hip and ExcellentnmopDined on 8/13/2014Food is excellent. I highly recommend the deviled eggs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in downtown IndyFromOutOfTownDined on 8/12/2014I had heard many good things about this place from co-workers, so we decided to give it a try. From first glance, the menu may seem strange but don't be alarmed. The food is fantastic. We ordered many things off of the menu (group of 3) and shared everything. The drinks were top notch. Service was great, our waitress was very helpful recommended drinks based on our individual interests. If you are in Indy - you have to try this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good...but maybe it was my mood?VegaGirlDined on 8/8/2014I am a foodie. I am adventurous. The Libertine was OK. I did not walk away feeling like it was horrible, but I also did not walk away thinking, "WOW". Maybe that is it. It lacked the "wow" factor for me. We ordered an appetizer of (6) deviled eggs, one (6) order of wings, and shared a dinner of (5) pierogies. Our meal came to over $70!!! I was very tired after a long week of work and maybe my mood affected my overall experience and I truly believe in trying a place at least 2 times before deciding to never go back. However, there are so many new and exciting places in Indy, along with the older tried and true restaurants and so I am not sure I will go back because the Libertine really didn't give me a real reason to.Special Features:
- Best Drinks in IndyDuckGuyDined on 6/27/2014I have been to The Libertine twice now, and was thoroughly impressed on both occasions. They have the best cocktails in Indianapolis, most of which are original creations by Libertine bartenders. The staff is friendly and extremely knowledgeable - do not hesitate to ask for recommendations from the servers based on your drink preferences. The prices are admittedly high, but in my opinion they are worth it if you're looking for expertly crafted cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulIndyXTopherDined on 6/25/2014One of my faves in downtown Indy. Never fails to impress out-of-town guests who appreciate a more sophisticated palate. The crew was more than gracious to accommodate our party which grew unexpectedly from 5 to 7.Special Features:
- Great deviled eggs+Old Fashions.FoodguruVIPDined on 6/17/2014Excellent deviled eggs and bacon flight. Perfect with old fashions after work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just So-SoLMSarbachVIPDined on 6/12/2014I had looked forward to mussels and cocktails all day....for the second visit in a row, Libertine was out of mussels. I am not planning to try for a third time. The rest of the meal was so-so. Cocktails were good. I am disappointed in the food at Libertine as I used to come here and really enjoy myself.
- Delicious food with great cocktailskeheadDined on 6/7/2014I've not had one thing from The Libertine that I didn't enjoy. That goes for food and drinks. I don't know how a sandwich with peanut butter, pickles, and mayo is good, but it is. I happily leave The Libertine craving another.Special Features:
- Re introducing someone to IndyFreezingDined on 6/6/2014Took out a girl on a first date and she is a mother of four and has been out of the scene. Does not have to much time for much but needs to be reminded about the great bars like this that are great for 25-35 year old people about the upcoming moderate bars and locations Indy has to offer. Great service, drinks food and environment.Special Features:
- A Cut AboveLuvlibertineDined on 5/29/2014The Libertine is classy and resides in a well-appointed space that is unique to the Indianapolis bar/restaurant scene. Creative menu coupled with great service and handsome decor. Cocktail menu is exceptional and the food was a culinary delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- on declinetoesandtastebudsDined on 5/24/2014My cocktail was mediocre at best and partner's "Gathering Storm" tasted like a concoction that had been mixed from the unfinished drinks left at the bar. They were out of the Hummingbird Cake so they brought us Goat's Milk Empanadas, reminded me of the state fair - not in a good way and my partner decided it would be what a deep fried gas station sugar cream pie would taste like, served with "seasonal goodies" that turned to be some distinguishable over sweet chutney. I could think of several ways that these could have been made better, but better than that I would just take them off the menu. We asked for our bill, she came back about 10 minutes later asking if I would like another drink... had to remind her to get our bill.
- Great find!CarolVIPDined on 5/23/2014Read up on Libertine before our first visit to Indianapolis and it sounded great. The four of us each had a different drink and shared a bunch of small plates and could not have had more fun. The drinks were creative as was the food. And our waitress was great. Very attentive. We recommended to someone at the hotel we were staying at.Special Features:
- Excellent cocktails. Good foodFoodguruVIPDined on 5/21/2014Great choice for cocktails and apps. Mussels are a good bet. Cheese plate is excellent.
- Hummingbird cake capperNancy1313Dined on 5/16/2014Friday night, I met a girlfriend for drinks and dinner at Libertine. The dark lighting and fun décor (a tree coming out of the back wall of the restaurant, for example) set the stage for a different sort of evening. Our server was upbeat and knowledgeable as was the fellow who kept our water glasses full and cleared our many plates. The noise level was above "energetic' at times, but it was Friday night! The appetizers were fabulous: deviled eggs beyond compare and the flight of bacon with three sauces. DEE-lish! The sable with lentils just melted in our mouths and the mussels were perfect for nibbling and talking. The evening was capped by a shared piece of hummingbird cake that lived up to its reputation for being a slice of heaven!Special Features:
- YumFoodieForLifeDined on 5/15/2014A great place to go for delicious cocktails and interesting food. My favorite is the Pimm's cup (not on their menu anymore, but they'll still make it). We like the deviled eggs, bacon flight, and the entrees we've tried have all been tasty! A bit on the pricier side, so this is an every now and then destination for us.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014Great food, great drinks, great service. Our waitress provided some delicious recommendations. The cocktail menu has a great variety of creative libations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 169 reviews are from the The Libertine Liquor Bar reviews archive.
- One of the best meals in Indy!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/18/2014Libertine is delicious!!! Great cocktails! Chicken wings are THE best, sauce and blue cheese-amazing! Bacon flight!! Wowsers!! Great mussels and hummingbird cake.Special Features:
- Strange but tastygoodstuff4uDined on 4/12/2014The food was of a different ilk With tasty little toppings. Allowing one the sense of silk As nuts and chips went hopping. Unusual to say the least The night was something rare. The portions not too plentiful The prices likely fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Libertine! It's theSarahDined on 4/1/2014I love Libertine! It's the closest thing to a speak-easy that I've found in Indy. Great drinks and great scene!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJHessDined on 3/29/2014I brought friends here who were from out of town. They loved it! Small batch liquors and unique and flavorful small plate selections! Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and great cuisineChrisDined on 3/22/2014We had tremendous service, including a free first round of cocktails because they "took too long" to get our evening started. The food is great and pairs nicely with the drinks which are absolutely top-notch. A must-see for anyone who wants a quality bar and speak-easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hand-Crafted CocktailsSalvadorDaliDined on 3/21/2014Well-designed interior, long bar, a couple standing tables near the front window, and a dozen or so 4 tops. This bar specializes in hand-crafted cocktails and foodie culture. Great alternative to the local sports bars. Pricier, but worth it for the charm. I recommend reservations if you don't want to end up standing around, and the noise level can get quite high. Great bartenders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/21/2014My husband an I LOVE the Libertine. We usually go when we have something special to celebrate and the food and staff never disappoint. Bacon flight and deviled eggs are amazing and we tried the meatloaf and pierogis which were great as well. We always have a great time there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Drinks Menu, Very LoudRhetoricaDined on 3/20/2014Seven friends and I very much enjoyed cocktails, dinner, and dessert (empanadas). However, seven is really too large a party for comfortable conversation at Libertine. Although the staff was accommodating, the set up just wasn't conducive for a larger group full of people who looked forward to talking (as opposed to shouting) at each other. Still, we had a good time, and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend Libertine to others for smaller, differently social get togethers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitJasperDined on 3/20/2014This was our first visit to The Libertine Bar and we really enjoyed our dinner. The bar was crowded and noisy but we could still talk. The cocktail and food menu are both unusual and quite diverse.. I would highly recommend being adventurous and ordering a cocktail you've never tried before. We'll be back!Special Features:
- great drinks and foodas12Dined on 3/15/2014However My friend has a gluten intolerance and her dinner selections were somewhat limited. What she could eat she thought was great. Very delish drinks and food though!Special Features:
- Unique Food Paired w/ Great DrinksJohnVIPDined on 3/13/2014Visited Libertine last night for a quick bite after getting off a flight from Chicago. The interior is pleasant and dark with unique items stored in their "bookcases" to catch your eye and provide visual interest. In retrospect, I would have preferred to sit at the bar vs the dining tables situated along the wall (we were two and the tables were made for four). Our servers were polite and knowledgeable. The food offerings were incredibly good. Of note, the bacon flight, deviled eggs, and Scott Egg were very nice starters that showed great creativity. The gnocchi was creamy and rich with slightly salty chicken/bacon meatballs that were very satisfying. Highly recommended for drinks with friends and food you can share.Special Features:
- Chef is not knowledgeableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/12/2014Chef is not knowledgeable in which of his foods contain gluten. A chef should know this!
- Cool place, Great drinks and fooddawnieangelDined on 3/8/2014Very cool place for drinks and food. We enjoyed the ambiance and our server was very good. I appreciate when a server offers suggestions and even suggests items that are not on the menu. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal and drinks, but noisyfoodmongerDined on 3/7/2014Small, cozy place with a nice social buzz, but a little noisy (a little hard to hear conversations across table); Food was well thought out…nice presentations…monkfish and cheese plate outstanding, octopus and tart just OK…mixed drinks and wine were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievably good place! MyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/20/2014Unbelievably good place! My wife and I spent our four year anniversary night at The Libertine, and I must say it was a great choice. The service is perfect; very friendly and quick. Food is superb and the drinks are world class. I had a Screw and Bolt which is very similar to a drink I had at Le Bar inside the Four Seasons George V hotel in Paris, and I must say that the Screw and Bolt was just as good as the much pricier, internationally recognized drink from Paris. Overall, a great experience that I would recommend to anyone visiting or living in Indianapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this placeZacharyDined on 2/15/2014The libertine never disappoints. Great drinks and great food. It is loud at times but I enjoy the atmosphere. It's a great place to go. For a meal me and my wife generally spend about $100 - $150 including the tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food and DrinksalhoogwerfVIPDined on 2/14/2014Entree portions were a little small (or else a bit expensive for small plates). Food was delicious. Waitress was excellent. Attentive but not hovering.Special Features:
- Edgy and AdventuressBlackfam5Dined on 2/13/2014Ambience and decor remind me of edgy bars that I have experienced in New York and Seattle. Great vibe and energy. Food selections are unique, so be adventuress try something new, and served tapas style. So great way to share the dining experience with someone special or a group of friends. Drinks are just as adventuresome as the food...unique flavors and combinations...fabulous! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is not a good place for dinnerFoodguruVIPDined on 2/11/2014Libertine is an excellent watering hole with some good snacks but they struggle to truly be defined as a restaurant. Excellent Okd Fashions. Great service. We had to send back the octopus as it was rubbery. Mussels were very good.Special Features: